Sephora Employee Reviews

Great Company!
Operations Manager (Current Employee), Louisville, KYMay 16, 2015
Pros: gratis, good pay, good morale
Cons: no room for professional growth
Gratis is insane, if you love make-up or skincare, this is the place for you to work! If you want to move up in the company, must be willing to move.
Great company, well estabished, great wor-life balance
Store Director (Current Employee), Collierville, TNMay 15, 2015
A great place to work with lots of growth opportunities. Great work-life balance and competitive wages. A very fast paced environment. Hardest part of your day is managing your payroll. The cast and team all work together towards a common goal.
Wonderful Staff and Friendly Atmosphere
Recovery (Former Employee), Culver City, CAMay 14, 2015
I enjoyed working with the team at Sephora and I learned quite a lot about makeup overall. The staff was very helpful and they are willing to help you improve on advancement throughout your career overall.
Fun and engaging workplace
Color Consultant (Current Employee), Richmond, VAMay 11, 2015
Pros: Gratis, Education
Cons: Somewhat unrealistically demanding, healthcare for all
A typical day at work includes an analysis of the goals for the day, the number of appointments booked, and the current focus for the company. Education is everpresent experience, which prepares staff to effectively communicate with clients about products and services offered. The management team work together to support staff carry out the tasks of the day. The hardest part of the job is trying to extend yourself to every single client within the short amounts of time allowed to spend with them without an appointment. The most enjoyable part of the job is successfully completing all of the tasks expected by the company with the clients within the expected time allowed and the clients having a great experience and being happy and excited about their results.
Enjoyed working in the Beauty industry and incredibly inspired by my peers
Color Specialist/Skincare Specialist (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVApril 29, 2015
Sephora allowed me to grow as a manager, a beauty expert and my ability to interact with the public, I enjoyed the rewarding task of consulting with clients and educating employees
high-energy and fun place to work
Product Consultant (Current Employee), Springfield, VAApril 27, 2015
I love working for such a wonderful company. I continue to learn from the best. Although I am fairly new, I still have years to come. I consider this company to be a leading and most popular retailer in the beauty industry, and there is no other place I would rather work. It takes confidence, and a varied knowledge to become successful. I genuine love working for the best.
Great company, no potential for movement
Product Consultant (Current Employee), Plainfield, INApril 22, 2015
This employer has lost several excellent candidates because they expect employees to 'pay their dues' regardless of their skill level for any movement or promotion.
Fun workplace
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Short Hills, NJApril 22, 2015
Pros: discounts on products
Cons: seasonal job
Typical day at work was interacting with customer for sales and assistance with products. I learned to interact with customers on a personal level. Management was great. My co workers were very knowledgeable. Hardest part of my job is standing all day. Most enjoyable part of my job was dealing with customers face to face.
fun
SR. EDUCATION CONSULTANT (Former Employee), Waldorf, MDApril 22, 2015
great learning environment. Needs more training in upper management. great incentives, but its obviously still growing
fun place first job loved it alot gained much experience with this company
Loss Prevention Agent (Former Employee), manhattan newyokApril 22, 2015
graduating high school and entering the door program being certified in customer service allowed me to advance in my work career.
Love working here
Beauty advisor (Former Employee), Deptford, NJApril 21, 2015
Pros: Fun- enjoyable- colorful
Cons: No Heath care low pay
Sephora is a great company to work for. I loved every minute of everyday that I was there. The products, my co-workers, customers are all amazing. The only reason I left the company was because I took a full time teachers position.

It's a fun and upbeat. You learn about new makeup, skincare, and fragrance everyday. The hardest part about the job for me was mastering the register. This is a great place to work.
fun, innovative, exciting place to work
Makeup Specialist (Current Employee), Cambridge, MAApril 21, 2015
Pros: it lets us use our creative talents and collaborate as a team
Cons: we don't make commission
I love what I do, where I work, and the people I work with. Everyone is so motivating and supportive, we are always trying to help each other and push one another further. There are many opportunities to grow and develop in this job. I love getting the chance to work with clients and to display my creative abilities every single day.
it was ok
Operations Manager (Current Employee), Flint, MIApril 20, 2015
store manager was not a great one. did not want to teach, train, or coach her employees. that was often left to the asst manager and ops. would recommend if the management team is strong.
Fun company
Cashier (Former Employee), Palo Alto, CAApril 17, 2015
Pros: Free lunches and gratis
Cons: Too many employees scheduled on certain days
My typical day at work was greeting clients, assisting clients, cleaning and restocking items. Management and co-workers were very friendly and eager to help me with any questions or help that I needed. the most enjoyable part if the job is learning about the different makeup companies and learning the different techniques of applying. The most difficult part of the job was leaving without purchasing anything.
fun
Sales Consultant (Former Employee), Oklahoma City, OKApril 16, 2015
Pros: free makeup
Cons: not very flexible
I loved my time at the store I was able to learn so much so that one day I will open my own business. the training was great I got to go to Chicago and it was so much fun!!!
fun and educational place to work at.
Color Consultant (Current Employee), times squareApril 15, 2015
I interact with clients and assist with their beauty needs and concerns. Sephora is a fun learning environment that helps people recognize their inner & outer beauty. Working at Sephora has taught me a lot about people and the different ways they see themselves and how to help them feel better about themselves.
Good Career kickstarter
Lead Makeup Artist (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAApril 14, 2015
Great management, and lots of opportunity to grow with the company. Gained a lot of knowledge in skin care and makeup application on all different skin types.
great work life balance
recovory (Former Employee), San Francisco, CAApril 13, 2015
I learned how to work on computers, stock, clean fixtures and communicating. The hardest part was not getting all the information u need to complete a task but that only happened like once.
Fun and challenging
Recovery Team Member (Former Employee), Wauwatosa, WIApril 7, 2015
Over all a nice place to work, but has communication issues. My co-workers helped me quite a bit to get the hang of things. The hardest part of the job was working the late hours, and the most enjoyable part was feeling accomplished after a shift.
Great Co Workers but poor management.
RECOVERY ASSOCIATE (Former Employee), 10 Columbus Circle, New York, NYApril 7, 2015
Pros: Nice enviorment and a pretty good pay.
Cons: Always sent home because of store wasn't profiting, and job security! Even if you do well or be prefect they'll let you go.
A typical day at work was just recovering merchandise and finding work to do.

I learned a lot... But I learned things on my own and with the help of my co workers.

Management was cool but bi polar. Sometimes management was a little too cool and out spoken. They never knew when to stop joking. My supervisor during overnights would play and get very personal with jokes. When we joked back he would get upset. He would also randomly morph into strict supervisor when he got backed up on work because of his joking.

My co workers were all great people. Different nationalities but we all were professional and helped each other out. The team work was great.

The most enjoyable part of this job would be the times managers was one the same page and able to come up with different task for us instead of always sending us home.