Sephora Employee Reviews

Sort: Helpful | Rating | Date
Loved It!
Seasonal Call Center Agent (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXAugust 11, 2017
I absolutely loved working for sephora!! Loved it loved it loved it! The call center position was fun and interactive. And also the co-workers and management were great!
Productive environment
Scanner (Former Employee) –  Belcamp, MDAugust 10, 2017
It was a seasonal job they help me get certified in forklift driving .. their was a lot of friendly people excellent management.. they loved my work ehic and how I always kept a smile on my face.... Overall the people was nice and helpful...
Pros
Free prizes
Cons
Small cafeteria
Amazing Company to work for!
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Jersey City, NJAugust 10, 2017
Sephora has taught me so much about myself and about people! they have so much love ad apretiation for their clients and their employees!! Definitely one of my favorite jobs.
Fun but no life outside of work
Product Consultant (Current Employee) –  Mobile, ALAugust 9, 2017
The perks are great, but sephora is not just playing in makeup. There is a lot of behind the scenes work and the hours can be horrible. No weekends off, no PTO, black out days that you cannot request off (no matter if its an emergency), and the coworkers can sometimes be competitive even though it isnt commissioned base. Fun place and can be rewarding at times, but generally more stressful than its worth unless youre willing to commit your 100% life to it.
Pros
Gratis, discounts
Cons
short breaks, long shifts, few weekends off, competitive
Great Experience
Operations Assistant (Current Employee) –  Crestview Hills, KYAugust 9, 2017
Although I was hired as an operations assistant, I was able to work other positions if needed. It was a friendly environment and I never had a bad day.
Sephora is a great place to work!
Operations Specialist (Former Employee) –  Bakersfield, CAAugust 9, 2017
I loved working for the company. It was a good learning experience. I love working with clients and making them feel better about themselves. Plus gratis is awesome!
Nice easy going envirment
Picker/Packer (Current Employee) –  Aberdeen, MDAugust 8, 2017
Workers all seemed to get along very useful supervisors clean environments well ran operations easy work only draw back was not enough work at the present time to keep busy
Fun Time
Beauty Consultant (Former Employee) –  Dickson City, PAAugust 8, 2017
Great for someone with a lot of energy, creativity and passion to sell! fun environment. you are always learning about new skincare and cosmetic products and help clients feel beautiful while educating them on their purchase and or how to apply their new product! Gratis is great! You get fun products as a beauty consultant every few months! I also loved the team I worked with since then their has been some turnover, but my team was great!
Pros
gratis! fun environment
Cons
little room to grow, pay, retail hours
Cool
Makeup Artist/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 7, 2017
Makeup lover , customer is a must cashier and help to grow not a company for money just a part time . Crazy hours but works around your schedule must work on holidays
Cashier (Seasonal)
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Pasadena, CAAugust 7, 2017
This company is amazing. Upbeat, fun, great guest, and a great managment team. Although I was only apart of the family for the holiday season, I would recommend this business to everyone.
Fun place to work
COLOR ARTIST (Former Employee) –  Estero, FLAugust 7, 2017
I had a good experience working for Sephora. I started as a fragrance consultant and moved into a color artist position. The gratis they give is always amazing!
Pros
Free products, fun job
Cons
Retail hours
loved working for Sephora
Certified Make-up Artist, Coach/instructor (Former Employee) –  Uncasville, CTAugust 7, 2017
fast paced, always learning atmosphere. room to grow, plus free products. competitive pay. discounts and free education for advancement too. would work there again.
It was a nice work place
Security Officer/Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Olive Branch, MSAugust 7, 2017
I loved the company and the staff was really nice people... The experience of watching it grown from a small environment to a very large environment was a wonderful experience
Fun place to work, Great environment
Product Consultant (Current Employee) –  Pleasant Prairie, WI 53158August 5, 2017
Sephora is a good place to work, product discounts is a great benefit to have. Education is provided which is very useful. It is a fun environment to be in.
Pros
discount, education
Extremely high volume work environment excel customer service
Inventory Control (Former Employee) –  Aberdeen, MDAugust 5, 2017
The typical day at Sephora would entail checking over 500 to 200 orders daily ensuring quality of preferred item each customer purchased.

Very diverse work environment, which was great to work as a team based setting.

The hardest part of working in Inventory Control at Sephora was when a customers ordered Item was damaged, threw the conveyor belts.

The most enjoyable part in working in the Inventory Control environment was insuring each, and every customers order shipped out of the facility on time.
So much fun
Skincare Specialist & Lead Operations Consultant (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIAugust 5, 2017
I was able to grow within the company over the short time I was employed. Always learning new things about the products and how to better serve the customers.
Best job
Makeup Artist (Former Employee) –  North Charleston, SCAugust 5, 2017
The best company, best job I have ever had! The most fun and relaxed environment. I miss this job so much but I had to leave due to not being able to keep up a FT job and this PT position. Sephora loves their staff, you are treated with respect and they have compassion! An amazing company to be part of. The advancement is phenomenal!!!!
Pros
Free makeup!
Cons
Working on holidays
Workplace.
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Aberdeen, MDAugust 4, 2017
The schedule was very unorganized. No one pay attention to different areas. The coodnators don't pay attention if you need help. It take long for you to get hired for the company
Cons
No Benefits
Fun atmosphere not enough work life balance in management
Senior Education Consultant assistant manager (Current Employee) –  MinnesotaAugust 3, 2017
Loved the job itself. It helps when you are passionate. Lots of customer service and multi tasking. You have to really be good at understanding clients and putting them first. Also good at multi tasking. You have to clean, task AND help customers. It's not just about doing make up all day it's about rubbing a business, and having a super positive attitude. I would say having customer service and retail background would really help you if you wanted to work for Sephora! If you are a manager it is a lot of work. you don't seem to get enough credit for all you do, and are expected to do a lot! The main thing they need to work on is to value those managers a lot more and listen to help support them in there role. They have really bad turnover rate, because of not having enough of a work life balance!
Pros
Great team, awesome perks, and gratis
Cons
No work life balance to much work and not enough support
Sephora
Stock / Recovery Associate (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 3, 2017
It wasn't bad working at Sephora. I just think that they should have taken more time to get to know me while I was working there. It could've been a job where I would've advanced but my resignation was equal on both ends

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sephora. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval