Sephora

Sephora Employer Reviews

I enjoyed work everyday
Fragrance Consultant (Former Employee), Virginia Beach, VirginiaFebruary 20, 2014
Pros: being of assistance to customers.
Cons: on feet alot. this was a seasonal job.
A great place to meet people and be of assistance to the customers. my co-workers were very helpful and educating.
Endless education and a highly energetic setting.
Seasonal Beauty Adviser (Former Employee), Paramus, NJFebruary 19, 2014
Pros: free education, gratis for beauty advisers, artistic freedom.
Cons: heavily demanding during holiday season
My short time at Sephora was enough to broaden and tune my interests in the retail beauty industry. This company is perfectly aware of staying ahead of all competition and being confident all team members are ideal candidates to follow such a model.

Sephora breaths beauty, fun, and brilliant customer service. Any given day was guaranteed to present – more... me with new challenges, a set of duties to fulfill, new product information, and excellent guidance as well as opportunity to exhibit artistic style.

The team was large but very well coordinated thanks to very skilled and enthusiastic leaders, veterans, and novices. There was a strong sense of support and family among the team at all times.

The greatest challenge was to accommodate as many clients to ensure the best sales possible. This was due to the high-volume store and heavy traffic this location sees on a daily basis. Although there were high expectations, I enjoyed how achievable the standards seemed due to moral support and infectious high energy of the overall team.

I fell in love with the balance of many virtues this company has and how exclusive I felt when I stated I was a makeup artist for this company. – less
Easy way to Learn from multiple Brands.
Makeup artist/Sale Associate (Former Employee), CaliforniaFebruary 19, 2014
Pros: learning multiple brands
Cons: management wasn't the best.
A Typical day was , Cleaning Brands and Do Makeover.
What i learned to work with multiple Brands.
Management , Not very organize.
My co-workers AMAZING!
Getting Management to lisent.
The most enjoyable party was to Teach Clients Makeup.
I enjoyed the pace of the enviroment. Everyone always kept busy.
Picker (Former Employee), Salt Lake City, UTFebruary 18, 2014
Pros: loved being cross trained in different departments and always keeping that fast paced enviroment.
Cons: i was never hired on.
I was temporary through an agency and after working there so long I was never hired on. I had one of the highest picking numbers so I didn't quiet understand that part.
Cosmetics
Store Director (Former Employee), AZFebruary 14, 2014
Gratis and compensation are average.
Company changes direction swiftly, so being nimble is key.
Leads innovation in marketshare.
Canvas of smiles and color
Beauty Consultant (Former Employee), Mishawaka, INFebruary 13, 2014
Pros: free products, contests and achievable goals made selling fun
Cons: scheduling was done via e-mail when i had limited internet access, training was never completed
Sephora is a fast-pased makeup playground for all sorts of people. I really loved working here and helping people find the right look for them. I learned more than I ever thought I could about skincare and application of product that I thought i ever would. I loved my co-workers, and my old manager. Magagement did some shifting, however, and the new – more... team members did change how things were done. This did make it hard for me, despite still enjoying my time here. – less
Creative work environment for artists
Color Consultant (Current Employee), Lone Tree, COFebruary 12, 2014
Cons: poor scheduling by management, frequent micro-management, rarely educated on artistry techniques.
Engaging work environment with the opportunity to express creativity through artistry. Retail environment.
nice co workwers long hours
Warehouse Assistant (Former Employee), Belcamp, MDFebruary 12, 2014
Pros: free samples
Cons: to many 12 hour shifts. not enough pay
long 12 hour shifts almost everyday. not enough pay. cool free samples we were able to bring home. management was very tough and was strict over every little thing.
Fun & very productive
Cashier (Former Employee), Troy, MichiganFebruary 10, 2014
Pros: learned a lot about different brands of makeup/skin care
Cons: not enough hours
Cashed out clients, provided makeup applications when asked & gave feedback on products when asked by clients.
Fun workplace. Always busy
holidays Cashier (Former Employee), San Diego, CAFebruary 10, 2014
Cashier for the holiday season. Very fun with flexible schedule.
operational functions based on beauty industry functions,
Operations Specialist (Former Employee), New York, New YorkFebruary 9, 2014
learned more than basic make up application, schedule meetings with Brand members, conducted skincare conultaions
Very good company with great products, Multiple managers with varying styles
Product Consultant (Former Employee), Glendale, ArizonaFebruary 6, 2014
Pros: meeting new people and developing return customers.
Cons: no permanent hours or days scheduling, multiple manager experience
Typically opened or closed the department. Gained product knowledge, learned different makeup applications,upsale of multiple products. In two year and a half years there were multiple managers with varying beauty experience and extended periods of no direct department manager. Most of the co-workers were flexible in work hours and customer service. – more... Although this was a part-time employment, the varying hours precluded me from finding other part time employemnt. Informing customers of new products and indetifying their beauty best. – less
it was ok.
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee), Aberdeen MDFebruary 5, 2014
The mangment was bad. I had no benefits. There was no job security. They only thing was the people made it interesting.
treat workers in wrongful manner
packer (Former Employee), Belcamp, MDFebruary 5, 2014
Pros: music
Cons: long days and hours
worked too many days without a day off. Workers are treated like middle school kids instead of adults in a workplace.
Fun and creative work environment
Fragrance Beauty Consultant (Current Employee), Raleigh NCFebruary 4, 2014
Pros: fun and creative expression
Cons: needs better benefits
Sephora is a great company to work for if you are interested in the beauty industry. There are a variety of cosmetic brands from low to high end that makes a fun experience for the customer. Sephora creates a fun environment to work in with themes and events that makes each day exciting.
Great place to work, would love to work at another Sephora
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee), Wichita, KSFebruary 4, 2014
Pros: free lunches, gratis
Cons: my drive there everyday
Everyday at Sephora was different. Different clients would come in with different needs.
I learned that there is always something new to learn. I would try to learn something new everyday in each zone of the store.
The management was great. They were very understanding and flexible. They would encourage you to learn as much as you could and help with – more... any problems you had.
My co workers were just as great. Any time I had any questions they would always answer to the best of their knowledge or point you to someone that could answer. I got along with all of them very well.
The hardest part of the job was if I didn't know something about a project and I couldn't find a co worker to help explain the product to the client.
Coming to work every day was enjoyable. The clients were fun, my co workers were fun. – less
Productive, Fun work place
Seasonal Beauty Advisor and cashier (Former Employee), Millbury, MAFebruary 4, 2014
The atmosphere was fun and upbeat but also very productive. I would assist customers and also apply makeup as well as cashier on occasion. The team got along so well. The most enjoyable part of the job was helping clients, making them feel and look beautiful was very rewarding.
i love makeup
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Brea, CAFebruary 4, 2014
Pros: discount, coworkers
Cons: hours, parking
I love to do make up so this job came natural to me. The only problem i had is the hours were not consistant. One week i would have 25+ hours the next 8 hours.
sephora as a whole
Cash wrap Coordinator / MUA (Current Employee), Las Vegas, NVFebruary 4, 2014
Sephora is a great company to work for. They have wonderful incentives for all employees. The only thing I would like to see change is the hours. I am a Full time employee and rarely get 40 hours I work more like 30 because of all of the cutting.
Friendly work environment with regular trainings
Operations Lead, Sales Associate, Color Expert (Current Employee), Reno, NevadaFebruary 3, 2014
I really enjoy my time at Sephora it is truly a great company to work for. The manegment is a little rocky sometimes but, overall a fun place to be.

About Sephora

Shopping for cosmetics at Sephora is meant to be a hands-on experience. Through more than 280 stand-alone stores in North America – Read more