Sephora Employee Reviews

Fast Paced
Purchasing Project Manager (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CASeptember 13, 2016
Typical Day, deal with Vendors, cross functional partners, attend meetings, take offs on fixtures, create purchase orders.
Okay place to work
Skin Care Consultant (Former Employee) –  Destin, FLSeptember 12, 2016
A lot of favoritism goes on there. It is a steady job and if you're not looking to make long-term friendships then go for it. For me, a job has to be enjoyable and have co-workers that work as hard as you do or what's the point in working with the company.
Pros
Discount is good
Cons
you have to be full time to get benefits
Really upbeat place to work and never a dull moment.
Personal Beauty Advisor (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, WASeptember 1, 2016
Working at Sephora helped me get out of my comfort zone. It allowed me to interact with people everyday and help them find exactly what they're looking for.
My favorite company I have worked for
Product Consultant (Former Employee) –  Pleasant Prairie, WIAugust 25, 2016
Sephora was by far my most-enjoyed job I've had. I was sad to leave, but the location I was at was having leadership absence, and during that absence, other coworkers made the work environment toxic. If the opportunity arose I would definitely work with Sephora again with a different team.
Pros
fun, fast-paced, customer oriented
Cons
appearance is key
Everyday life.
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 21, 2016
Not the best management. Not understanding, very shady. Expects you to pick up any and everyone's shift regardless of whether you're scheduled or not. Treated like children.
Great place to advance your skills, career and customer service
Recovery lead (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, MNAugust 20, 2016
Great place to advance your skills, career and customer service.
This is a great environment for men and women who love all things beauty.
I have learned many lifelong services that I can provide for any future clients.
Pros
Some free lunches for cast appreciation
Overall a fun environment to work in
Operations Consultant (Current Employee) –  Johnstown, PAAugust 16, 2016
Sephora is a great place for clients to come play, have fun, and experience something new each and every time they visit!!! I think the hardest part of my job is time management. However, this has made me stronger as a manager to multi-task and plan ahead for any upcoming challenges. My co-workers are great!! It's awesome to work with people that love everything in Sephora as much as you do. Lastly, the most enjoyable part of my job is making the clients day by helping her find her inner beauty. There's really nothing better!!
Pros
great co-workers, get to play with makeup
Cons
management
it's a warehouse
picker (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTAugust 15, 2016
It's hot, they push you. some people have poor hygienic
you have to set a goal of how much you have to pick, management isn't great.
Pros
no customers
Cons
it's hot
Great company to work for with a strong set of values
Interim Co-Manager/Specialist (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAAugust 13, 2016
-Sephora strongly stands behind their values
-day to day life was different; dealing with different clients from different backgrounds
-Co-workers are passionate about the company and the products
Sephora is a very enjoyable place to work.
Product Consultant (Current Employee) –  Franklin, TNAugust 13, 2016
Sephora was definitely my favorite place I have worked at so far. My coworkers were very hardworking and easy to get along with and the overall environment of the store was very friendly, fun, and relaxed.
Pros
Free lunches, free makeup, very friendly environment.
Cons
No breaks, no benefits, long hours.
A fun environment to work with
Product Consultant (Former Employee) –  Alpharetta, GAAugust 11, 2016
I have learned many positive things while working in Sephora. This company allows you to grow as an employee. There wasn't one day where i didnt feel like i learned something new.
Great Place
Product Consultant (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 7, 2016
It's a great job if you like the flexibility of retail. A typical day entails helping clients with product selection and giving recommendations. It's a fun place to work as well if you love makeup.
Great work place , bad management
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Menlo Park, NJAugust 4, 2016
I love Sephora, and I always have but working there wasn't what I expected it to be. I was let go without any explanation why. I put my heart and soul into the company to be the best cashier I could be, they even rewarded me, but I was still let go of with no expiation except I don't wear enough makeup.
Fun workplace
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Chesterfield, MOJuly 30, 2016
I had great coworkers and the management made the job fun and enjoyable. It was a great first job right out of high school.
Fn place to work
Color Consultant (Former Employee) –  Santa Monica, CAJuly 29, 2016
If you love make up you will love working here, I was hired and literally promoted by the next month with a Raise
Cashier at Sephora
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Arcadia, CAJuly 26, 2016
Working at Sephora was an entirely different experience for me coming from a 9-5 office job. I loved the environment and interacting with different people everyday. There were times where the music would get me going and felt like a party, and other times it was way too loud I couldn't hear a client on the phone. It is a job where you need to be able to multitask fast. From ringing up a client and attending their needs, at the same time answer phone calls, calling over your director in charge, etc. Overall fun place to work.
Fun and innovative
Makeup Artist/Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Ridgeland, MSJuly 25, 2016
Typical day at work is very structured due to zoning placements but it helps us do the job much smoother! We all practice teamwork and the value of respect! Educating clients is what sets Sephora a part from other retailers. I work with such loving and exciting co workers that help keep our store lively and innovative! The hardest part of the job would have to be receiving an unsatisfied survey from a client. The most enjoyable moments are seeing someone you've worked and built a bond with flourishing in an area that they once struggled in. I absolutely love everything about teaching people new fun techniques and watching them put their personal twist on it! Also, making people feel beautiful keeps me inspired!
love this place
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Rancho Cucamonga, CAJuly 25, 2016
Love this Sephora, wonderful store to work for. both staff and management are amazing. this is why I love to come back for season every year.
exciting fast paced
Senior Product Consultant (Former Employee) –  Mesquite, TXJuly 24, 2016
Sephora to me was like a kid working in a candy store. It was a dream to a woman. We were allowed to sample the makeup the fragrance and we were allowed to do the same for our customers. The job was amazing we all worked as a team. We did facials for customers and they didn't even have to make a purchase and to me that says a lot about a company. We kept the store nice and always decorated. The manager was such a hard working lady and she allowed us to manage the store without her micromanaging any of us. A typical day was doing facials keeping the store stocked and making sells.
Pros
meeting new people daily making people feel better about themselves
Cons
so many different things not able to try them all
Supportive environment of like-minded creative people
Skincare Advisor (Current Employee) –  Lake Grove, NYJuly 22, 2016
This is a fun place to work, if it is a second/part time job, or for recent beauty school graduates looking to get their feet wet.
Pros
Gratis
Cons
Retail hours, insufficient pay