Sephora Employee Reviews

Fun place to work
Skin Care Consultant (Current Employee) –  Woodfield ilJanuary 12, 2018
I️ love working at Sephora , it is great place to work and meet with people and have some close relationships with our clients . At Sephora they respect our family time and holidays even though we are retail store , they try to work around our family needs .
Pros
Friendly environment
Exciting and fun work environment with plenty of education
Color Specialist (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 11, 2018
Sephora Flatiron is a prime location to advance both artistry and personally. The staff is very supportive and there was never a sense of hostility or competition among the color artists.
Super fun and quick paced!
Beauty consultant (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXJanuary 11, 2018
Fun and fast paced workplace. Coworkers were very welcoming and friendly. Management was very helpful and kind. New experiences everyday. Loved the job
fun
BEAUTY CONSULTANT (Former Employee) –  Mesa, AZ 85206January 10, 2018
I thoroughly enjoyed working at Sephora, the management just made it not fun for me and stressful because of her poor management and lack of knowledge of Sephora
Not what I thought
CASHIER (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAJanuary 10, 2018
It's a moderately decent job for those trying to get their foot in the door of the makeup industry. I, however, feel that depending on your management team you'll be able to take your career far. The work experience I received here was similar to what everyone states on YouTuber; its a horrible place to work at.
Very straight and to the point job
Seasonal Operations Consultant (Former Employee) –  Broomfield, COJanuary 10, 2018
Overall a very organized place to work. The pay was very fair for the work being done. The management seemed very fair and interested in the workers work/life balance. As with most retail jobs it is an annoyance not knowing your schedule util a few days before the new week starts.
Pros
discounts, gratis, decent pay for the work
Cons
having a set schedule
Fast paced Environment
Picker & Packer (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJanuary 10, 2018
The work that they required you to do was pretty easy. You also had to keep your speed and accuracy up all while hitting your number goal daily. The most enjoyable part of the job was learning from my coworkers, not only did I work independently, but we also accomplished things as a team.
Great Started Job
Color Lead (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 10, 2018
I was with the company for several years. I loved the job, but advancement was extremely political and I felt stalled after a few years. Overall, very happy with the experience.
Alot good and a lot of bads
Skincare Consultant (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAJanuary 10, 2018
I love the core values of Sephora, and I wished it wasn't only on the page. Specially, I wished management would live and manage by those values.
I had really good days and really bad days at Sephora. When you have a good management team and great coworkers, any job you work at is fun. But when any of those is missing, specially at Sephora because of the nature of the high pressure of the job, working becomes unbearable!
Discounts and products that you receive are great, but pay is not much.
Pros
Discounts and gratis
Cons
Demanding schedule, too much pressure
Don't do it
Stock Picker Driver (Current Employee) –  Belcamp, MDJanuary 9, 2018
You will be unhappy. Long 10hr days. You can't talk or you will get in trouble. To much work for the money. Plus is you are on 4 days and off 3 unless its peak.
sephora
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Belcamp, MDJanuary 9, 2018
A day at Sephora is different every day work is always needed somewhere is or there will be a lot of special orders my day was on the truck. what we had to do was pick boxes that people needed for the floor so that they could get product for their orders they were picking.
Fun fast paced environment
CASHIER (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLJanuary 9, 2018
Sephora is an amazing place to work! The focus is one hundred percent on the client. It's amazing when you see the boost of confidence in the client. Even though it's fun to work with makeup, you have to remember that it is a retail job.
Don’t expect much
Loss Prevention Manager (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJanuary 9, 2018
Don’t expect a promotion.
Don’t expect a raise.
Don’t expect to be respected.
Not much diversity at the top.
Low hours.
The managers all think they graduated from
Berkeley but have no degrees.
This is not a place for future advancement.
Pros
Easy job
Cons
No advancement
great place to learn beauty everything
Color Consultant (Former Employee) –  Glendale, CAJanuary 8, 2018
Sephora was a great place to learn anything beauty and also was great for education as far as a makeup artist. I felt like i learned more from this company than my beauty school as far as beauty related things.
Pros
gratis. education
Cons
pay, management
Great products and education, but a stressful place to a manager
Beauty Manager (Current Employee) –  CaliforniaJanuary 8, 2018
Stressful job with minimal and vague direction from upper management.

Unreasonable expectations set revolving around what is meant to get accomplished in very small time frames.

Training is minumal and computer based, but additional hours are not given to cover the sales floor when you are supposed to "train"

Reasonable associate discounts and vacation time
Pros
Education, gratis, customer interaction
Cons
No breaks, disorganized management, unrealistic expectations
Sephora is a great company to work for!
Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Gainesville, FLJanuary 8, 2018
I'm not a makeup artist but Working at Sephora showed me that I was amazing in sales. I love having a client base there. Working there has taught me a lot for my future jobs.
Pros
Gratis. Schedule. Hours. Pay
Fun Place to work
Specialist (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 8, 2018
It is a Productive and fun place to work and the opportunities are endless, from benefits to any direction in the career you choose to follow. I did love to work there, The Directors and Leaders are incredible to work for, at least the ones that have been there for a while and knows the Sephora way. The only down fall that It has is that if you are trying to relocate from one State to another, it doesn't matter how long you have been in the company for and how hard you work, they don't help you secure your job or even give you options on other positions available but I do think it was just the Director in my location. Other than that I think is an amazing company and I recommended to anyone that inspires not just themselves but to help others to do better and make a difference in the world. Sephora is the place to work.
Pros
career growth, Gratis, Benefit
Fun place to work and learn
Skin Care and Color Consultant (Current Employee) –  Southlake, TXJanuary 8, 2018
I really love working at Sephora. I work in all worlds (color, skin, fragrance) so that is quite nice. I love all my colleagues and they are professionals, esp management. They have an excellent training program to get you comfortable on the floor talking about products with clients as it can be overwhelming considering how much product they have in the stores and online. My only complaint is, I was hired as a part time employee and have been asking for full time since i started, which has not been given to me. However, since my hire, they have hired other employees who work more hours than me or are full time. I have had multiple conversations with management about this but nothing seems to happen. Besides wanting to commit more time to this company, I have no complaints !! (Well, the uniform isn't that flattering but that is not that big an issue and I hear it may be changing soon anyway).
Pros
Gratis, positive work environment, my colleagues make me feel beautiful everyday
Cons
not enough hours
Awesome Learning Environment
Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNJanuary 8, 2018
Sephora Inside JCPenney
-Company focuses on training on new products
-Rewarding Environment
-Celebrate Beauty in each and everyone
-Large Workload with limited amount of hours to complete
Not a bad company just not enough hours.
Color Consultant/ Cashier (Current Employee) –  Mission Viejo, CAJanuary 5, 2018
Schedule changes on a weekly basis. Great work environment but some weeks you’ll find yourself working 30 plus hours others barely 10 hours a week. Not so good if you have to pay bills.
Pros
Gratis, free lunch on special events
Cons
No set schedules. Not enough hours

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sephora. Our community is ready to answer.

Diversity score

Powered by Comparably

60out of 100

The Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Sephora.