Sephora Employee Reviews in United States

Very supportive management team
Color Consultant (Current Employee) –  Marina del Rey, CADecember 9, 2015
I have enjoyed working with this company so far. I have learned so much and I love the strong teamwork vibe. The enjoyable part of the job so far is working alongside my peers and constantly learning from them.
fun place to work
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Lafayette, LADecember 7, 2015
fun work environment. managers are great. free makeup. always something new and fun to see. great discount. free products every month. work meeting are also fun. not enough hours however so you will need an additional job. everyone has multiple jobs.
Pros
free products
Cons
not enough hours
An innovative and inspirational workplace
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Tucson, AZDecember 6, 2015
I have worked for Sephora for two and a half years now and am seen by the company as an elevated color artist. Everyday I come into work to learn the daily sales goal, our customer appreciation scores from the previous day and watch one to two short videos about brands we sell in store to further my knowledge on them. In my opinion, our products can sell themselves, however creating a relationship with my clients by sharing my knowledge about products keeps the clients from returning products as well as builds client rapport. The best part of working at Sephora is working with my clients. I make sure that everyone that walks through the door is greeted immediately and I ask what brought them in. I avoid asking close ended questions such as, "Can i help you find anything?" Instead asking, "what brought you in today?" shows them that they understand I sincerely want to help them. Sharing my tips and tricks to make women feel more empowered, empowers me. I strive to make every woman that walks through the door special. I even share my knowledge with my coworkers to strengthen their artist skills.
Productive working with operational and customer service.
Operations Consultant (Current Employee) –  West Melbourne, FLDecember 4, 2015
My shift consist of doing operational tasks before the store opens, once the store opens i am customer servicing the clients. I am well rounded in all aspects of customer service and management. My job is inspirational, i get to make clients feel good about themselves and bring their self esteem back to life. My team and myself strive to make the client have a fun and enjoyable experience to ensure that Sephora is their shopping destination at all times.
fun and loving environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLDecember 2, 2015
The customers were very loving and open to opinions and cosmetic advice. It was a great place to learn how to keep a great attitude at all times and it was simple in the great environment. I feel like all women should be required to work at a place like Sephora, in order to keep their woman warrior grace strong and glowing
Pros
frequent breaks, free samples! learn new techniques
Cons
5am inventory
Fun atmosphere, no work life balance
Product consultant (Former Employee) –  Glendale, CADecember 2, 2015
I worked for this company for almost 5 years and two locations. I was seen as an elevated cast member and worked in all world's of the store (skincare, fragrance, and color. After experiencing major health issues my work performance started struggling. I was sent on a medical leave, only to be told through an email that it was actually not approved because I was a partial full time associate, but I need not worry because they found someone to replace my position. So basically I was terminated after 5 years of being a loyal employee with a great record, due to health issues (I was later diagnosed with Lupus).
Pros
Gratis, fun environment, great training
Cons
treat valued employees like dirt
Sales
Retail & Sales (Former Employee) –  McDonough, GANovember 29, 2015
I have several years of working directly with people in diverse professional settings.
I have over 10 years of experience within the fields of office administration, banking at the branch level, to managing a store
at a corporate level. In addition to my extensive office experience, I have strong communication, customer service, and administrative skills.
great place to work
Color Consultant (Current Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FLNovember 29, 2015
sephora really cares about their employees. there is a lot of training and education to become the best associate you can be.
makeup! independent work and fast pace work
scanner (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTNovember 17, 2015
You scan makeup and put them into boxes, each box is either a sephora store or online orders.. You have to reach certain numbers everyday.
Pros
you get payed every week, 3 breaks, lose weight
Cons
really hot in summer time, repetitive
Terrible work evironment
Warehouse Picker/Packer (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTNovember 16, 2015
Terrible hours, bad pay, poor management, very unorganized, and not a team friendly work environment. I currently work here and do not ever see my self being able to make a career out of this. this job is overall a terrible place to move up in and a terrible place to work. I do not now nor ever would recommend this place to anybody.
Fun Place to Work
Product Consultant (Former Employee) –  Taylor, MINovember 12, 2015
Loved working here, I was able to meet new people everyday that would come to me for personal beauty advice. I was able to assist in special events with makeup applications. I was granted the opportunity to let woman leave with a new sense of confidence and joy.
Pros
Free Makeup, Free Education
Cons
Short Breaks
Rewarding and Fun!
Fragrance Consultant / Operations (Current Employee) –  Chestnut Hill, MANovember 10, 2015
Sephora is a wonderful company. Great if you want a well-rounded client driven retailer to work for. You will either work in operations, cashwrap, skincare, fragrance, or "color" aka makeup. The most advancement is in color and reward is in color.
Pros
gratis makeup
Cons
not enough hours, low starting pay
Great Teamwork
Freelance Account Brand Manager (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVNovember 7, 2015
Working with the Sephora Team was a great experience. Their constant training and education was a benefit as a Brand Manager.
Pros
Networking
Cons
Need for more flexibility in scheduling
sephora
Animation Lead/Fragrance/Color Cast (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXNovember 6, 2015
Being at Sephora was exciting everyday because there was always something new coming out along with on the job training there was always extensive education and updated was on site tools was very accessible to every employee the customers were very open to new things on top of every employee received all the new products while providing excellent customer service and product knowledge employee always had to look the part with make up
Large warehouse, never a dull moment.
Inventory Control Clerk (Former Employee) –  Belcamp, MDNovember 6, 2015
Very fast paced, quota based job. It is all about how fast and accurate you get your work done. Most employees are hired thru a temporary agency for the holidays, leading to a high turn over rate. That said this was one of the best jobs that I ever had.
Pros
Salary, different shifts to choose from and the days move by very fast.
Cons
Short breaks, turn over rate and the way you find out the schedule for the next day.
Fast paced enviorment
Management (Current Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 2, 2015
Ever changing and trendy work place. I have grown as an employee of this company since being hired. I have learned many things from exceptional leaders and they have helped me to excel within this company. Co-workers and I are driven and passionate about the business and work well together as a team.The hardest part of the job is work life balance. I have come to recognize that this is a part of retail management and i am doing my best to keep this balance and remain goal oriented.The most enjoyable aspect of working at Sephora is the people. Both internal and external clients are what i look forward to. from acquiring, hiring, or developing the talent within the company to making a clients day by simply finding a new color to bring out their natural beauty. This is what truly motivates me!
benefits
Cons
short or no lunch breaks.
Stay away!
Manager, Corporate Facilities (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CANovember 2, 2015
The company is trying to push to achieve higher employee satisfaction however, they first need to get managers that share the same passion for this. The company is very top heavy with plenty of VPs and Directors leaving little room for Coordinator and Supervisor roles to actually do work. The company as a whole has very low moral. Meeting-centric culture which leaves no room to do actual work.
Pros
Great bonus structure for salaried people
Cons
Given that we are surrounded by fun and onnovative tech companies, Sephora hardly offers any perks. Everyone talks about work-life balance but nobody actually does it.
Enjoy my job.
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Ventura, CANovember 1, 2015
A typical day at work would be. Checking out clients, giving them excellent customer service. Answering phones, stocking the cash wrap. Shipment when we receive products, taking out the trash also training new cashier.
Pros
Getting to know the ins and outs about new products.
Cons
not enough hours.
Great Growth and Learning expereince
Senior Sales/Education Consultant (Current Employee) –  La Crosse, WIOctober 30, 2015
Rewarding and exciting work environment. Learned a lot about how to run a successful retail business. Highly involved in delivering great customer service.
Constant struggle, work/life balance impossible
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTOctober 27, 2015
I worked at the Sephora UDC for a year and a half. Although I made decent money(enough to get by) the job is very physically demanding in most areas of the warehouse. There is no work/life balance with this company. The last few months of my employment there I worked nearly every day, usually 10-12 hour shifts. The hours they require you to work make it very difficult to manage day to day life, such as your family situations, appointments, holidays are the worst. There is constant favoritism among management; you may be the most qualified person for the job but if your not a favorite you will never get where you want to be. Besides all that, it can be a dangerous place to work. There are incompetent drivers with multiple accidents and incidents that are still operating equipment, there are people being allowed to do jobs they are not qualified to do. The company does not seem to abide by a lot of safety and security regulations. To be fare, most jobs in the warehouse aren't that bad, unless its summer, then its terrible everywhere, its mainly the company. They are by far the most unprofessional and careless company I have ever worked for, or even heard of. If you wont take my word for it, ask someone that works there, read other reviews, or just check on their turn over rate- they are the highest in the state! Most people go in to an interview and never come back. I am often asked why I stayed so long if it was so bad, and the honest truth is that i couldn't afford to quit until just recently when I had no choice due to and injury that the company was not willing to help with.  more... I physically could not do the job anymore. I would not recommend working at the Sephora UDC to anyone, unless you want it to consume your entire life.  less
Pros
None.
Cons
Too many to list.