Sephora Employee Reviews

Found 1,133 reviews matching the search
Fun place to work
Team Lead (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAFebruary 23, 2017
The environment is really fun and there are lots of opportunities learn about the beauty industry. In the call center, you are provided lots of opportunities to meet other people in different departments to network.
Review
Loss Prevention Agent (Current Employee) –  New York City, NYFebruary 23, 2017
Sephora is a beautiful place to work and allows you to move up as long as you work hard. I loved working there because I got to express my individuality and my personality. Ive learned amazing management skills and how to become a great leader. The hardest part of the job was juggling certain jobs due to the small work place.
Pros
individuality, fun, creative
Cons
short breaks, ethic issues
Don't waste your time
Color Consultant (Former Employee) –  King of Prussia, PAFebruary 22, 2017
Sephora itself is a good company to work for, however management is what makes the job unpleasent. I spent 2 years with the company and there were a lot of personal and legal issues that were just swept under the rug. Racial profiling is a big issue with this company. It's unfortunate that a job that should be fun (due to the fact that you're most likely doing what you love) became so stressful within a short amount of time. If you value your mental health, don't waste your time.
Pros
Gratis
Cons
Management, favoritism, racial profiling
Not for me
Color Lead (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VA 23451February 22, 2017
Sephora is a company that is very strict with their policies and procedures. There is no "grey" area for anything. I felt the culture to be very stuffy.
Pros
great product
Cons
work environment
Fun and energetic place to work!
Product Consultant (Current Employee) –  Mt. Juliet, TNFebruary 20, 2017
It's a great place to work, especially if you're interested in makeup. You're constantly learning new things, as well as educating clients. It's a great environment and it's probably the most enjoyable job I've had.
Fun place to work
Order Filler (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTFebruary 20, 2017
Pick/pack orders
, meet daily goals make sure all orders are correct and follow all guide lines. The hours were crazy during the holidys and we were working 12 hrs 7 days a week
Pros
Great mamagment, traning
Cons
un organized
Great job for makeup lovers
MUA (Former Employee) –  Durham, NCFebruary 20, 2017
I throughly enjoyed working here as a makeup artist. I started off as cashier and worked my way up. Didn't take to long and they offered lots of paid training along the way! The work enviroment was always happy and upbeat. Management always answered questions and helped any issues or concerns that I had. The free products were a huge plus. I recommend this job to anyone new to makeup or love skin care.
Pros
training, free products, growth
Cons
low hourly pay
Sephora Review Summary
Customer Service/Cashier/Makeup Artist (Current Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZFebruary 19, 2017
On a typical day I start with a touch base meeting with management, reviewing the schedule of the day including my appointments, goals, and any visits by product sales reps. I have learned customer service skills, listening skills, appropriate interaction with clients, and superior client service. We are customer focused and team oriented, and have honest and helpful reviews. Makeovers are required to be no longer than an hour, but there are some that require more than that for justifiable reasons. Helping people learn and teach them something new, making people happy, great teamwork throughout my coworkers is the most enjoyable part of my job.
Pros
Working and helping with clients, teamwork with coworkers, teaching clients new things
Cons
Distance from home to work, inconsistent hours
So far so good!
Product Consultant (Current Employee) –  Elizabethtown, KYFebruary 17, 2017
Haven't started working yet, but excited and ready to start! Currently in the process of building Sephora in Elizabethtown's Towne mall. In the event of actually beginning to work, I will write a review.
Great benefits but not a great environment to work
SKIN CARE CONSULTANT/ ESTHETICIAN (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILFebruary 17, 2017
Great Benefits is what it comes down to. Its all about who you know and who likes you if you want to advance and get promoted. management is not very nice and doesn't care about you as a person.
Pros
great benefits
Cons
nobody cares about anyone
Best Work Experience I've HAD!
Skin Care Consultant (Former Employee) –  San Juan, PRFebruary 16, 2017
I loved working here! It's a totally different world. I definitely embraced my passion and learned a lot in the little time I was able to work here. I took the most of it as a seasonal and all my cast mates were amazing! They made me feel great and wanting to learn more and give my best at work. There was no competition and there was a lot of compromise. I actually felt motivated to go to work!
Pros
Very Celebrating, Good pay, flexible, good weekly hours
Cons
It was seasonal :(
Amazing
Temporary Recovery (Current Employee) –  Anchorage, AKFebruary 16, 2017
I absolutely loved working at Sephora. I enjoyed my co-workers,the clients,how busy we are. I loved the challenges and goals set for us.
I really enjoyed how much time they spent to teach me about all of the jobs in the store and made sure if i was ever stuck that someone was there quickly,to help me.
fun up-beat place to work.
Product Consultant (Current Employee) –  Grand Junction, COFebruary 15, 2017
Great place to work. Don't get many hours if you're part-time. stays pretty busy which is nice. Only downfall would be some of the employees.
Fun Job
Beauty Consultant (Former Employee) –  Frederick, MDFebruary 15, 2017
Typical work day at Sephora is to greet all clients as soon as they step foot in the door and ask if they need help or assistance finding something in the store or a product that would work best for them as well as stock the store, apply make up and cashier. Management wasn't the best. Hardest part of the job was being scheduled by yourself and you have to do please every client with there only being one of you. Most enjoyable part of the job was making my clients feel happy and beautiful.
Pros
Bonus's, Free lunch
Cons
Healthcare, management
Potential
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Burlington, MAFebruary 15, 2017
A great part time of full time job with plenty of chances to grow wit the company. Management is understanding of those who have other work and school commitments. There are plenty of opportunities to learn about business and cosmetics. Other company's representatives often visit the store bringing a wealth of information.
Pros
Skincare, Cosmetics
Extremely fun and interactive working environment
Color Specialist (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVFebruary 14, 2017
Had to assess clients daily with questions and concerns about various products, brands and techniques in relation to cosmetics throughout the entire store. Perform make up demonstrations and makeovers daily. Help upkeep various cosmetic counters. Attend daily training in product knowledge on new and trending items. Assist clients with samples of products.
Pros
Free cosmetic gratis daily
a pleasure to work in the beauty industry
Senior Education Consultant (Former Employee) –  sephora inside jcpenney Montebello town centerFebruary 9, 2017
A pleasure to work in the beauty industry. It has been and will continue to be my desire to meet the needs of the public in terms of skin, cosmetic, and haircare
Pros
utilizing my artistic and leadership abilities
Cons
would have loved to see more early open hours for clients to come in before their work hours
Fast moving, productive workplace.
Picker (Former Employee) –  Belcamp, MDFebruary 8, 2017
Easy warehouse work environment, good management , great way to make extra money during holidays, weekly pay, benefits, 3 breaks
fun place to work
COLOR CONSULTANT (Former Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 7, 2017
this is a great place to grow within the company and grow as a person. they teach you so much about their products and you get to learn hand in hand with some brand reps as well.
It's a job
Product Consultant (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TXFebruary 5, 2017
The management at the particular JCPenney were not for they're employees. They hounded us about peddling credit applications, policies were frequently changing, etc. fast paced retail environment where the customer is always right
Pros
good retail experience
Cons
no place for advancement, poor management

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sephora. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval