SEPTA

SEPTA Employer Reviews

Fun and Productive workplace
Bus Operator (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PAJanuary 3, 2015
Provided safe and timely public transportation
Routinely inspected vehicle each day for any malfunctions
Great Work Life Balance
Procurement Officer (Current Employee), Southeastern, PADecember 26, 2014
Pros: free transportaton
Cons: flex time is not available
I enjoy working at our tri-state transportation authority. It has become a rewarding experience to serve out internal customers as well as the ridership. The procurement and supply chain management department is slowing becoming one of the most innovative departments within the company.
Bad place to work
Chief Inventory Specialist (Current Employee), Philadelphia, PADecember 6, 2014
Very bad place to have a career if you value meaningfulness and ethics
Great Part Time Job
Traffic Checker (Current Employee), Philadelphia, PANovember 7, 2014
Cons: limited hours
A day as a traffic checker is very interesting. I get to travel all over the area and ride Septa transportation. I collect data to help the schedulers improve service.
Great place to work.
Systems Administrator (Former Employee), philadelphiaOctober 16, 2014
Pros: great place to wok
Cons: contracts are paid by the state
Nice people great place to work you are supported with the best technology and are able to think outside of the box.
good pay and benefits
1st class mechanic (Current Employee), Philadelphia, PAOctober 14, 2014
Pros: good pay and benefits
Cons: poor management, coworkers tell on u if ur not a part of the click
poor management will lie on u to get u fired and each other
coworkers tell on u if ur not a part of the click
septa is a good old boy`s club u could be about as smart as a rock and still be in upper management as long as u no the right people or kiss alot of butt. buyer beware septa can be a good job or a bad job depending on which side ur on
fun yet dangerous place to work
Bus Operator (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PASeptember 30, 2014
fun yet dangerous place to work ,staff very helpful , would have love to stay but benefits weren't that great
GOOD JOB/INTENSE SCHEDULE
BUS OPERATOR (Former Employee), 19TH JOHNSTON STSeptember 1, 2014
Pros: great benefits/salary
Cons: some unrealistic policies...ie customer service reporting..mid mgmt versus/operators
CURRENTLY AWAITING THE ARBITRATION BETWEEN LOCAL/234 AND SEPTA..DISPUTE OF AN ALLEGATION...
Great experience
Mechanical Intern (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PAAugust 21, 2014
Learned the safe operation and used machine tools such as the lathe, band saw, drill press, belt sander and
pedestal grinder. Familiar with precision measuring tools such as depth and outside micrometers, calipers,
scales, and torque wrenches.
● Worked under the supervision of first class mechanics and machinist and specialist
● Troubleshoot and diagnose AC/DC electric armatures and rotors for trains, trolleys, and subways
● Overhaul and repair motors
● Balancing
● Shipping and Receiving
● Final Assembly and Quality Assurance
Very good place to work
Bus Operator (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PaJuly 24, 2014
I have learned to adjust to peoples attitudes on a daily basis.
Foot Locker
Assistant Conductor (Current Employee), Philadelphia, PAJuly 8, 2014
Love for sneakers and people at the same time. Great company very fun and energetic environment.
Work place with many advancement opportunities
Clerk Dispatcher - LMB (Current Employee), Philadelphia, PAJune 3, 2014
Pros: not being micromanaged, respect from all employees, unions, and flexibility
Cons: none to report
I have been with SEPTA for 13 years and it's an enjoyable place to work. My typical day consist of working with over 115 men in providing services that help them with any type of personal issues, concerns and problems pertaining to their weekly pay. I have learned that customer service is the most important aspect of my job and ensuring that the employees are being adequately paid for performing their duties. My co-workers are extremely nice and very respectful. I would consider the hardest part of my job is to make sure everyone is in compliance with the rules governing the payroll and benefit departments. I also perform keypunching in regards to weekly timesheets of the employees. The most enjoyable part of my job is the fact that I can be a Servant Leader amongst the employees and that makes me happy.
Heartless company to work for
Bus Operator (Former Employee), Conshohocken, PAMay 31, 2014
Pros: compensation and benefits
Cons: to much favortism.
For twelve years, since I graduated Highschool I dedicated myself to SEPTA from being a station cleaner to a auxiliary supervisor, to a light rail trolley and bus operator. I gave everything I had to make sure I did my job right. Unfortunately when you mess up it does not matter over the years how well you performed as an employee, how safe you did the job. SEPTA does not care about your outside home life when you go through heart breaking situations such as divorce, child custody and it follows you to work you end up making a mistake because your mind is flooded with sadness and a broken heart you forget the little important things to make sure your job is safe. Well that's what happened to me, I made a few errors, was not on top of my performance and I was discharged accused of lying, misrepresenting facts of an incident. Sure the compensation and benefits are excellent but if they can fire you because your on top of the food chain the will cut you loose in a heartbeat. As far as Local 234 Transport Workers Union to save my job, I was told its not worth spending money for an attorney for a case that's not winnable.
Great Organization with Great Benefits
Budget Specialist of Labor Economics and Benefits (Current Employee), Philadelphia, PAMay 4, 2014
Pros: free transportation
Cons: i take the fifth.
SEPTA is a very sound organization with great benefits. Very good place to work if you have a family.
i loved my job wish i was still there
Bus Operator (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PAMarch 11, 2014
i loved working for septa I love the people my co-workers but the management I didn't like .
great place to work
Signal Maintainer Trainee (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PAJanuary 8, 2014
fun they are respectul of their employes coworkers are good tools are of good quality
Internship
Graphics Assistant - Internship (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PANovember 14, 2013
Loved what I learned at SEPTA. Interesting internship for those looking to strengthen their outlook for future work perspectives.
Work environment is ok.
Receipts Processor (Current Employee), PhiladelphiaNovember 13, 2013
Pros: good benefits
Since its a Mon-Fri job. I like it. Also its a day job.
Management is average.
I operated either a bus, trolley or train or I was assisting on the platform with directions.
Bus Operator (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PANovember 11, 2013
Pros: all the overtime you wanted and the pay was beyond excellent.
Cons: the company not standing by their employees side when needed and mandatory overtime.
After 3 months of vigorous training, we operate the various types of vehicles assigned to us to transport commuters to and from designated marked stops. The hardest part of the job is dealing with everyday people and learning some of the routes, especially at night.
Enjoyed the different scenery every day.
Railroad Conductor (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PAOctober 9, 2013
Pros: working with the passengers
Cons: no breaks but the night went fast.
Every day was different. It was never boring. As long as you stayed on top of all situations, you would come out okay.
I would get to work about 30 minutes early. This would be to inspect the train and set up the destination signs. Once my engineer would get to our location, we would do a brake test.

We would then let the passengers on the train. We would work 6 to 8 trains a day.

1 2 3

About SEPTA

The Southeastern Pennsylvania Transportation Authority, known as SEPTA, provides passenger transportation services in the Philadelphia – Read more