Sequel Youth and Family Services Employee Reviews

Sort: Helpful | Rating | Date
Kingston Academy
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Kingston, TNSeptember 22, 2017
I do not recommend this company. This is the worse it has been in the time I worked there. No raises, always short on staff, so you will have to be ready to work doubles with no notice as a RC or SC, and now AA's. Work in a chaotic environment with no structure, no clear guidelines or expectations for the client's. No consequences given
Pros
I left
Cons
Too many
Horrible work place
Worker (Current Employee) –  Kingston, TNSeptember 18, 2017
Mangers have you do work to make themselves look good
No support from management
Management will not listen to what you have to say
A handful of manager are very unprofessional
Not enough staff to keep student to staff ratio low
Never know if you will get a break
TERRIBLE Company to work for
Social Worker (Former Employee) –  IdahoSeptember 16, 2017
The "team" that you work with are great. However, the upper management absolute suck. They never give raises, other than once a year 5% which you have to fight for. 5% is great if you make 70k a year, but when you are making 20k a year, it's a slap in the face. Then benefits are VERY expensive, and there is no matching on the 401k. Overall it was a good place to grow personally and learn some things, but it is NO place to think about being long term or trying to support a family on.
Pros
The people on the front lines that you work with
Cons
Upper management. Awful benefits. Lack of paying you what you are worth.
okay
Therapist (Former Employee) –  Kissimmee, FLSeptember 5, 2017
Well work with my immediate co-workers was well, the atmosphere was friendly and encouraging. The clients was at times challenging but the team work made it manageable.
Sequel Youth Services is a great company to work for....
Youth Specialist (Current Employee) –  Albion, MISeptember 1, 2017
Working at Sequel Youth Services is a great start for someone in the Criminal Justice field. It gives you a direct look at what's ahead when dealing with crime prevention and the different things you can run into. It teaches you patience and conflict resolution if working trying to put the youth back on the right track.
Very productive and rewarding place to work.
LPN Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Tuskegee, ALAugust 31, 2017
This is a DHR DYS facility for young boys. To me they felt loved and they were disciplined well and not overly disciplined by staff never disrespected and it felt more like a family environment because they were corrected when needed taught respect ,educated well, I just can't say enough good things about the place. If the pay and the location would have been better I would have probably retired there.
Pros
Lunches for employees, company dinners, raises, gifts at holidays, GREAT communcation. Great Staff from top to bottom.
Cons
Low Pay, Understaffed.
TYpical Review
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FLAugust 7, 2017
Sequel Youth and Family Services was a very great company to work for besides the people. Staff came in everyday with gossip, problems, and never focused on the work. It made working there difficult. I enjoyed the company itself but certain people made it difficult. NO one ever took responsibility for there actions and that makes it difficult to have working partners especially when staff are working in a malicious way. I would enjoy working at the facility but it is way to much problems internally.
Enjoyed my job
Overnight Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Mountain Home, IDAugust 3, 2017
Upper management issues. Loved my job but the management made it impossible to continue employment to my satisfaction. I was employed here for three years and went through three Directors.
Pros
THe pay was decent for Mountain Home.
Cons
Upper Management.
Fun, fast paced job
Group Leader (Current Employee) –  Clarinda, IAAugust 3, 2017
Working at Clarinda Academy has been one of the best decisions I have ever made. We have an opportunity to help a generation of kids, and do it with co-workers that became my family.
Pros
Family environment, helpful, supportive management
Cons
Can be stressful at times
A very active and ever changing work enviroment
Mental Health Therapist (Current Employee) –  Mountain Home, IDJuly 25, 2017
The job is very challenging, but also very rewarding. I work with Juvenile Sexiual Offenders in a residential treatment facility. The job can be difficult for those without experience with youth in of this population.
Hostile work environment
Shift Supervisor (Current Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FLJuly 24, 2017
No structure. No communication & hostile working environment. There's no consequences for the juveniles that are assigned to the program for help, but an extremely high amount for the staff that work with the youth.
Pros
N/a
Cons
Not enjoyable
Stay away from Bernalillo Academy
Youth Counselor, behavioral interventionist (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMJune 19, 2017
If you want to be happy in your new job and care about he kids you are working with, avoid this place at all costs. Bernalillo Academy is the most unsafe, unethical and poorly run facility I have work in. The management in this facility is so ruthless and will not listen to what staff thinks or needs. If you have an opinion, you better keep it to yourself or they will find a way to back door you and push you out. Their staff is also poorly trained and they do not offer proper training. They can't even keep a full time BCBA because they have burned all their bridges with adequately trained and LICENSED staff. They were doing some extremely unethical things when it came to "treatment" of their patients, such as locking a violent patient in a bedroom against the patients will. They also think evidence based practice should be optional. This facility is poorly run. The management was afraid to go on the units- but expected their staff to put themselves in that unsafe position everyday. If you value your sanity, avoid this place at all costs.
Pros
The only good thing about this facility is the kids
Cons
Management, training, "treatment" of patient, ethical practices are questionable
working with the teenagers and seeing them grow
Behavioral Health Paraprofessional (Former Employee) –  Flagstaff, AZJune 11, 2017
i would go in and if the kids were behaving we would have an outing were i would take them to the park or the library. Once we got home i would administer the medication to the kids that needed them, make sure they finish their choirs and personal hygiene before sending them off to bed; then i would watch over them during the night.
Pros
seeing the growth of the teens
Cons
healthare and manegment
Great managers
Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Yarmouth, MEJune 6, 2017
I've been so impressed by the management st Sequel. They are always promoting growth in the staff and love to promote in house. This has allowed me to get promoted twice; they truly value hard work.
Comany is good
Shift Supervisor (Current Employee) –  FloridaMay 30, 2017
my direct supervisor is awesome. the kids have issues but that are what they are there for but most of them were easy to work with. staff are great you can tell when someone cares about what they do
Pros
at least one person cared at the facility about the employees
Cons
lack of over all consistency
Horrible place to work, RUN FAST
Direct care (Former Employee) –  Norris, TNMay 24, 2017
Worked for this company for a couple years. Easy to advance due to the high turnover rate. The management is an absolute nightmare. The clinical director is crazy. And the main woman in charge is as heartless as they come. They do not care one bit for those poor kids they only care about the money! The living conditions these poor kids live in are unlivable and this place should be shut down!
Pros
The kiddos, the only reason i stayed as long as i did.
Cons
Everything else
Productive work place with Sequel Youth and Family Services
RESIDENTAL COUNSELOR "RC" (Current Employee) –  Anderson, TNMay 24, 2017
I have learned a typical day at work requires one hundred percent restraint, passion and patience, towards one's staff and residents, one that I am happy to provide. I have also learned in my position being a Residential Counselor, thinking in different ways of reaching the children and also to solving problems and providing provisions for my residents. The job is not without difficulty however, it can be reassuring when a resident is made aware of his or her surroundings for example; knowing one is safe, understanding the rules, building positive and appropriate connections, and being self aware.
Pros
Working with the residents
Cons
When needs aren't met
sequel
Direct Care Staff (Current Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FLApril 23, 2017
sequel is a wonderful place to work. sequel have wonderful staffs my job is not hard at all. I am a direct care staff my job to make sure the kids are safe and away from all danger.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
short break
Hostile, awful place to work.
Youth Counselor (Current Employee) –  Clarinda, IAApril 21, 2017
This place couldn't care less about you unless you are part of the brown nosing circle. When you try to do you're job the right way, the have a fit. They don't like when you rock the boat. Very bad place to work. Yes helping the youth get to where they need to be in society is the only good thing about working there. Under paid and very underappreciated. Don't work there if you want to keep your sanity.
Pros
Helping students
Cons
Bad management, underappreciated, under paid, no raises, bad bsd bad place to even think of being a career
Run away
Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Kalamazoo, MIApril 19, 2017
This company is literally awful. There is no management support at all, and the workload is ridiculous for how little you are paid. How does the high turnover rate not clue management in that there is clearly a problem with how things are run!? All they care about is the money- if you don't have enough billing you're screwed. Consistently questionable situations that feel dangerous, but are told to just go along with it and that it is a normal part of the job. Also the insurance is stupidly expensive for what it is- good luck if you ever get sick and actually need to use it. Seriously stay away, this company creates a completely toxic environment and you will burn out and burn out quickly. If you value your physical and mental health in any way you'd be better off literally anywhere else.
Pros
Easy to get hired
Cons
Literally everything else