SequelCare of Maine Employee Reviews

Wonderful place to work!
Administrative (Current Employee) –  Yarmouth, MEOctober 16, 2017
I would highly recommend SequelCare of Maine as a place of employment. Managers are very caring and understanding with work and home life balance. Upper management listens and is always trying to improve in every aspect. The company is growing, lots of opportunities. They seem to always try and promote from within first before going outside the company.
Quality staff underappreciated
Administrative Support (Current Employee) –  Yarmouth, MESeptember 28, 2017
Management is unorganized, benefits are a joke, no longer non-profit agency, staff is underpaid, no sense of community, they are focused on profits. Payroll is a mess, paychecks are constantly wrong, taxes not taken out, mileage not allocated properly, not a trust worthy system or employee managing that area at all. You literally have to check for errors every paycheck to ensure that you are paid accurately.
Daily Living Support Specialist
Daily Living Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Yarmouth, MESeptember 7, 2017
Though every employer has its nuances, I would say that my experience with SequelCare exceeded my expectations; I will miss my co-workers.

The supervisory team, up to and including clinical staff, truly do care about the well-being of their staff.
Pros
Supportive Management
Cons
Consumer - Company communication could use improvement
Great company with many opportunities for internal growth
Manager and Behavioral Health Professional (Current Employee) –  Yarmouth, MEJune 5, 2017
I've been with SequelCare of Maine for 3 years now. I began as an in-home BHP and have been promoted twice since then. However, I love the in-home program so much that I still maintain one client in addition to my current position. The staff, supervisors, and managers work very hard to coordinate the best possible care. Home-based work for any company can be difficult, but the supervisors are supportive, available for questions, and full of experience and strategies for difficult situations. Highly recommend this agency for those looking to be supported and valued for their hard work, and to move up internally within the company.
Pros
Office culture, coworkers, support (& free birthday potlucks once each month!)
Great
Behavioral Health Specialist (Former Employee) –  MaineMay 9, 2017
One of my favorite jobs lived the children and the feeling I was actually helping and making an impact in a young persons life wouldn't change it for an HT bk g
Great company to work for and grow with
Recruiting & Marketing (Current Employee) –  Yarmouth, MEJuly 18, 2016
SequelCare of Maine is a phenomenal company to work for! I've been with them for 7 years and they have given me unbelievable opportunities to grow and develop. Sequel has superior leadership that truly cares and respects it's employees. My co-workers are caring, compassionate and fun to be around. I truly love this company!
Pros
Opportunity for growth, benefits
lacking in areas
DLS/ BHP (Current Employee) –  Bangor, MENovember 17, 2015
I have been with this company for over a year. I have come to find that it slacks in so many ways and should be incomplience with the state of Maine.
New supervisors all the time that have no clue of what is needed to be done for clients and employees.
When calling down to the main office in Yarmouth, they put you into voicemail and never get a call back ever.
They say they supply paid trainings, when employed and it is not. You have to pay up front the cost of the trainings and they will pay half of it and in a years time, says, they will pay the other half.
They just keep passing the buck and so no one knows and you cannot get any answers from anyone. It is very frustrating to work for a very low wage and not have any support from the company. I would not be able to ever refer this company to anyone. Try elsewhere!!!!
Pros
Per diem
Cons
Bad communication, low wages, no support
Many of the people work their are great easy going people great people to work with.
Targeted Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Belfast, MENovember 19, 2014
The management of the office has changed 5 times in one year.
See below
PSS (Current Employee) –  Yarmouth, MEApril 4, 2014
Have not worked with the company long enough to give better ratings than given. I've been employed by the company for over a week and yet to have a case opened I can work with, this position is perdiem and I need to find something full time guaranteed hours but will gladly work perdiem on my days off.
1 on 1 in home care
Staff nurse (Current Employee) –  MaineSeptember 11, 2013
Nice to work 1 on 1. Easy on the back and knees. Caring for developmentally delayed and/or medically challenged children/adults.
Lacking
BHP / IHS (Current Employee) –  Belfast, MEAugust 9, 2013
Company does not have good supervision ethics,or uphold state requirements for supervision. Lots of indecisiveness, takes forever to get any response from management team. Departments do not communicate well with each other. Some supervisors are unaware of other programs the company offers, or even how to get a hold of other offices,example: phone number to regional office.
Starting pay was acceptable, no raise in sight, no benefits to part time employees. Many offered to full time higher positions. NO travel pay even when they REQUIRE you to travel over 2 hrs one way., training pay is minimum wage.