Sequoia Equities Employee Reviews

Micro management.
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaJune 6, 2017
Life working with Sequoia Equities was a constant challenge with all the continuous changes and extreme micro management that was growing drastically over these past couple of years.This company had good retention up until these constant drastic changes. I have watched all of the good hard workers leave Sequoia Equities, myself included. I hope they figure out a balance between what they are striving for and what they are doing to the atmosphere of this supposive fun place to work.
Pros
free gift cards for hard work or going above and beyond.
Cons
taxed for gift cards on next check.
Excellent Mission Statement
Service Technician I (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAApril 11, 2017
I like the idea behind the company, the mission statement is very resident positive but the time it takes to improve procedures is great. I love the people I work with and the dedication of most of my coworkers to do well.
great company to work for
Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Riverside, CAMarch 26, 2017
Best company I have ever worked for. Only gripe, room for promotion in the inland empire is limited.Overall, company culture and upper management are amazing.
Fun and Enjoyable
Community Business Manager (Former Employee) –  Walnut Creek, CAJanuary 23, 2017
Great company to work with, the workplace culture, training was the best. It's very enjoyable to be at work.
Small property to managed, the property I was assigned has always full and no availability to lease.But it's all great
Pros
Great Management, very supportive
Cons
Great if you're ok with staying in the same place for the rest of your life...
Community Consultant The Villas/Overlook at Wood (Former Employee) –  Simi Valley, CANovember 29, 2016
No room for advancement at that place. Favoritism is everywhere and very obvious. If you are not besties with the manager or someone at corporate you are stuck as a leasing agent or porter. Which leads me to the next problem...because the manager is best friends with the staff they allow them to yell and scream at each other (the ones that aren't part of the in crowd) which would normally be totally unacceptable. But because everyone else is so far up the boss' behind you can't put in a complaint because they'll all paint an ugly picture against you. Anyways, horrible company to work for!
Two thumbs down
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaMay 10, 2016
If you value your job. Don't work here. Micro managers. People get fired all the time. Not a secure job and they take you for granted.
Benefits
Cons
Bad management.
Class A expectations for a class D property
Maintenance Manager (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAFebruary 2, 2016
Over worked and under appreciated, come in early, work through lunch breaks and on weekends on your time and it's still not good enough.
Pros
Compensation
Cons
Regional level managment
Satisfactory
Maintenance Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Benicia, CADecember 7, 2014
Worked for Sequoia Equities on three separate occasions over a fifteen year period. Fair compensation and work environment.
I completed various administrative projects
FRONT DESK RECEPTIONIST/ HR ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Walnut Creek, CAMay 12, 2014
Sequoia Equities is a large real estate investment company that I had the privilege of helping out on a temporary assignment through OfficeTeam. I was able to refreshed my administrative skills including working as a Receptionist in a corporate office and assisting HR. In addition, I was able to learn more about property management and additional computer skills.
being a porter
Service Technician (Former Employee) –  CAMarch 16, 2014
this company was has so many qualities. head maintenance worker is very helpful with all the residence. other employees are very easy to work with.
Pros
I enjoyed the learning abilities
Cons
not able to move up in to different posistion
High expecations and you get to work with great people
Regional Property Manager (Current Employee) –  Walnut Creek, CANovember 12, 2013
The best part of my job is the people that I work with. We have solid teams in place and definitely a teamwork oriented environment. Nobody is too good to help someone else out. The company is constantly evolving its systems and procedures, so it could be difficult for someone who doesn't do well with change. Upper management really does care about the employees. They expect you to work very hard and are performance driven but you are then rewarded nicely.
Pros
Opportunities for advancement, competitive pay, Fun Day and Holiday Luncheon for all employees
Cons
In order to advance, may need to relocate.
nice properties to sell
Leasing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Foothill RanchApril 6, 2013
Showing community to all prospects and helping identify a perfect location to fit their individual needs.
Pros
great locations
Cons
no commissions
Highly trafficked San Francisco high rise apartment.
Leasing Consultant (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAApril 27, 2012
A typical day at work includes touring apartments/community amenities, screening applicants, advertising community, assisting to residents' needs, answering phones, emailing, and follow-up. Other responsibilities include: running resident events, designing custom flyers/invitations, making spreadsheets, charts, and graphs.

My experience in property management services has given me unparalleled experience and enabled me to gain a realistic view of the demands and challenges of managing a diverse work force and servicing a diverse group of clients.

In my office we all support each other and work as a team. For example, if a manager or a coworker is going to be out of the office, we will take on their files and follow-up with their prospects.

The hardest part of my job is seeing valued residents move-out.

The most enjoyable part of my job is finding people a home.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sequoia Equities. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8