Sequoia Retail Systems, Inc. with headquarters in Mountain View, CA and in Raleigh NC; is the leading independent provider of comprehensive point-of-sale, inventory control, e-commerce, and textbook management systems to colleges and universities throughout the nation. Our products are installed in hundreds of schools nationwide, ranging in size from larger multi- campus universities to smaller community colleges. Our hardware and software have been running successfully for more than 27 years across a large installed base.
Are you looking to work hard, have fun, and be a key part of building something big? Do you hate to sit still, but love to travel and consider yourself a real “people” person? We have an immediate opportunity in our Raleigh, NC office for a Field Service Specialist who will be part of a dynamic and growing team within our Client Services Department. Our Field Service Specialists are responsible for direct involvement with the customers regarding the optimal configuration and implementation of our systems as well as product training and support. Field Service Specialists work closely with other Sequoia employees including Product Management, Sales, Marketing, Development, and Quality Assurance.
- Provide product technical and service related (pre and post) account related support including: troubleshooting software and hardware deployment issues remotely and onsite
- Provide onsite and remote training on the use of Sequoia’s software and products
- Work closely with the Installation Coordinator in the planning and scheduling of the installation projects and tasks
- Participate in writing support materials for customers
- Previous technical and customer service experience in a professional industry
- Demonstrated success with the planning, directing and coordinating of the workflow of cross-functional teams
- Ability to multi-task, work independently and/or within a team, pay attention to detail and meet deadlines
- Ability to provide data analysis and resolve a wide range of issues
- Excellent professional verbal and written communication skills; Ability to communicate with a variety of client base
- Ability to learn or knowledge of SQL and web technologies
- Ability to travel up to 50% during non-peak season (In its peak season, covering a 3-month period, this position will require the ability to travel up to 65% of the time, with travel to the customer’s locations that could last up to five days or more of onsite time.)
Please Note: We welcome all applicants from various career backgrounds including, business management, marketing, ITS, sales, and consumer/client relations!
Does this sound like the kind of challenge you’re looking for?