Sequoia Retail Systems, Inc. is the leading independent provider of comprehensive point-of-sale, inventory control, e-commerce, and textbook management systems to colleges and universities throughout the nation. With a sole focus on technology and a staff that includes many industry veterans, Sequoia has grown with its customers over the last 26 years. Headquartered in Silicon Valley, with offices in Mountain View, California and Raleigh, North Carolina, Sequoia Retail Systems offers employees an opportunity to work with an industry leader in a collegial environment.
We are seeking highly motivated Senior Software Engineer who will work closely with Product, Project, QA & Dev team members. You will be responsible for building business applications using HTML5, Sencha framework, .NET RIA/Domain services & MS SQL Server. You must be a team player, self-motivated, and able to make progress without needing much direction.
Essential duties and responsibilities
- Analyze, design, program, debug, and modify new products and/or software enhancements
- Write scalable, reliable, and maintainable code and perform testing and debugging of applications.
- Perform product design, implementation, bug verification, release testing, and beta support that may require research and analysis.
- Write unit tests; get the code reviewed by peers to create quality software programs.
- Engage in daily or weekly interaction with users or cross-functional team members to define system requirements and/or necessary modifications.
- Work closely with Project Managers to propose technically feasible solutions and set accurate expectations on effort and timeline.
- Cooperate with Quality Assurance team to ensure that each area is delivering quality, on time.
- Complete documentation and procedures for installation and on-going maintenance and operation of the product.
- 3+ year’s experience developing using .NET framework, RIA services and Domain services
- Experience building multi-tier Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) applications
- Strong MS SQL Server development including writing stored procedures and views
- Strong written and verbal communications
- Knowledge of C++ is a plus
- Retail systems experience such as Point-of-sale (POS) is a plus
Principals only, please. Sequoia Retail Systems does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Any agency resumes submitted without a signed agency agreement become the property of Sequoia Retail Systems.