Sequoia Tool Employee Reviews

See reviews about:
Not worth it look elsewhere
Welder (Former Employee) –  Clinton Township, MIOctober 22, 2017
Got hired in from an ad that said looking for welders fabricators very similar to the ones they have up now the real job was a robot operator very little welding involved at all when I question this and ask for a detailed explanation of my job I was terminated on the spot perfect attendance good employee hard-working no problems whatsoever lasted 2 weeks and was fired for nothing other than questioning what exactly my job was oh and they think paying skilled trades people less than $15 an hour is customary you can get better pay almost anywhere driving a high low if you're looking for a job as a welder stay away from this place
Pros
Locker rooms, drug dealers, overtime
Cons
Drug dealers, to much over time, managment
A great company to work for.
Press Operator/Die Setter (Former Employee) –  Clinton Township, MIJanuary 18, 2017
The company is growing and a great place to work if you want to work and learn. I never ran a press before here and they taught me a lot from setting up dies to learning how to read blueprints and a lot more. They will work with you if they see you want to learn and work. Everybody was nice to work with including management. If I had a question my bosses were always helpful and they let everyone do their job without breathing down your neck as long as you were getting the job done. I liked that I didn't run the same machine and the same parts day after day because I learned a lot more that way.
Pros
Great bosses, free uniforms and a lot of hours.
Productive and informative job fulling
HR Mgr and Accounting Mgr (Former Employee) –  Clinton Twp, MIFebruary 27, 2016
Typical day at work - process payroll daily, process invoices for previous days shipments, make collection calls on close to past due invoices to make sure payment was scheduled. Dealt with employee concerns and problems. Handled confidential programs for the owners.
Pros
Enjoyed collections and working with people
Cons
internal differences
very clean shop
CNC Machinist (Former Employee) –  Charter Township of Clinton, MISeptember 18, 2015
i learned cnc mill work here. it was air conditioned shop. I started here as a welder. good friends work there. boss was very nice.
Pros
air
Cons
not enough hours and money
not a nice place
CNC Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Charter Township of Clinton, MIJune 17, 2015
if u r a family member u can do no wrong. rules only apply to whoever management does not like.cheap they wont even buy light bulbs.
Pros
Cons
going to work
A growing company with positive potential
Worker (Current Employee) –  Charter Township of Clinton, MIApril 16, 2015
Currently the systems in place are a bit outdated. But overall, the company has potential to become a very highly sought after place of employment.
Always busy and productive
CNC Machine Operator (Current Employee) –  mt. Clemens, MIDecember 18, 2014
I report at 6am, do production work and other miscellaneous work and leave at 2:20pm 5 days a week. I learned a specific routine that works in my favor of completing as much productivity as possible. My managers are very nice people but slightly unorganized as far as keeping track of inventory. I work well with my fellow colleagues. The hardest part of the job is avoiding small injury such as cuts and burns from flying metal. I enjoy the faith and trust my bosses have in me to do my job correctly and without supervision.
Pros
free uniforms and dry cleaning
Cons
poor pay, high insurance, no overtime
People were nice
Spot Welder (Former Employee) –  Charter Township of Clinton, MIOctober 9, 2012
Most of the workers in my department were good people, outside of the welding department, was just a bunch of drama queens, that think they run the place. If you don't get in good with them, they make sure you wont have a job there.
Pros
easy work, self paced, lots of experience
Cons
drama queens, poor managment