I. PRIMARY ROLE
The Senior Data Analyst will work closely with an experienced development team to evaluate business objectives and data requirements as related to consumer portfolio lending.
The Analyst’s primary role is to manage data and reporting functions of an enterprise data warehouse. Experience with varied business processes, data entities, data sets and interdependencies are key requirements. The Analyst will be responsible for gathering and translating business requirements into queries, ETL development, and end reports.
- A BS degree in Management Information Systems, Computer Science, Mathematics or other related quantitative field is preferred but not required. An equivalent combination of job experience, education and training will also be considered.
- 5+ years of experience of query scripting and data analysis.
- 2+ years of reporting and/or business intelligence experience. Tableau experience preferred.
- Strong knowledge of SQL Server /2005-2012, SQL, SSIS and Excel.
- Experience working in OLAP, Data Warehouse, and ETL environments.
- Good communication skills are a must in this position.
- Knowledge of consumer lending highly desired.
- Thorough understanding T-SQL, developing tables, views, stored procedures, triggers and constraints in a MS SQL Server environment.
- Develop, maintain, and ensure consistency amongst several database systems and may assist in the development and implementation of reporting systems, data models, and the data warehouse.
- Work with business and technical stakeholders to understand and document the business and technical use of data and data assets.
- Identify and analyze data conflicts between legacy systems and reconcile conflicting or ambiguous information.
- Work with business analysts to mine data for analytical purposes.
- Tune SQL queries and database performance.
- Work with development team in the development and maintenance of the standardized enterprise integration architecture.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as contracts and agreements, order forms, business requirements etc. Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and through written language and email with clients and vendors.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs. Ability to use simple calculations to create break even reports for clients required. Ability to examine and recognize general inconsistencies in data files.
- Ability to identify ways to quantify and measure performance of both employees and the company to translate into metrics for evaluation.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands and fingers to handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk and operate an automobile.
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- Travel requirements will vary from 10% to 20% of the time over any given month. Must be prepared to travel and at times with minimal notice.
III. GENERAL COMPANY EMPLOYMENT QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS
Employment at Ser Technology Corporation or any of its affiliates is predicated on submitting to the following and passing the acceptable standards as deemed by Ser:
- Complete background check for the previous 7 years in all jurisdictions in which candidate has resided over that period of time
- Previous employment verification
- Education verification
- Drug testing for alcohol and all controlled substances
o Personnel hired prior to September 15, 2009 exempt
- Credit check
- Cross reference of candidate’s name against the following Global Watch List groups and any groups that may be added to this list from time to time
o Bank of England Sanctions
o Commodity Futures Trading Commission List of Regulatory and Self-Regulatory Authorities
o Defense Trade Controls (DTC) Debarred parties
o FBI’s Most Wanted
o Financial Crimes Enforcement Network Special Alert List
o Foreign Agent Registrations
o International Police Most Wanted and Red Alerts
o Office of Foreign Asset Control (OFAC)
o OFAC – Palestinian Legislative Council
o OFAC – Enhanced Sanctioned Countries
o Office of Controller of Currency – Unauthorized Banks
o OSFI – Canada
o Politically Exposed Persons
o State Department Terrorist Exclusions
o Terrorists Inside and Outside of European Union
o United Nations Named Terrorists
o US Bureau of Industry and Security – Unverified Entities List
o US Bureau of Industry and Security – Denied Entities List
o US Bureau of Industry and Security – Denied Persons List
o World Bank Ineligible Firms
- Signature indicating compliance with the following and any updates that may need to be made to these documents from time to time – Ser management attests that employee will be made fully aware of any changes to these documents or any expectations prior to implementation:
o Ser Technology Code of Conduct
o General Non-Disclosure Agreement
o Non-Disclosure Regarding Sensitive Data Agreement
o Employee Handbook and Policies
- Once employed, candidate must agree to the following:
o An annual check against the above-referenced Global Watch List groups or any other groups that may be added to this list from time to time as deemed necessary by management
o Verification of the employee’s Social Security number against the Social Security Administration’s recorded use of said number
o Further drug testing should the employee’s performance be deemed by management to be compromised to the extent that suspicion is raised regarding the existence of a substance abuse problem
o Report any criminal conviction while employed by Ser to management
Indeed - 10 months ago