SERCO

SERCO Employer Reviews

work
General Clerk II (Current Employee), Wentzville, MOJanuary 20, 2015
Select appropriate methods from a wide variety of procedures or make simple adaptations and interpretations of a limited number of substantive guides and manuals. The clerical steps often vary in type or sequence, depending on the task. Recognize problems with certain tasks. Place telephone calls to customers requesting an exemption from the fee for not enrolling in health coverage for the year.
Fast pace environment
Data Entry Operator (Current Employee), Dallas, TXJanuary 19, 2015
Fast pace environment, highly confidential, must meet company standards
great learning and teaching experience
Military Finance Specialist I (Current Employee), Fort Campbell, KYJanuary 19, 2015
Pros: communicatiing with customers
Cons: contract is a specific period
-pull reports, send debt letter, collections, customer service
-how to calculate debts and payments, how to find the transaction that created debt
-collection is the hardest part
interaction with customers is best part
Do not work for Serco
IT Project Manager (Current Employee), San Diego, CAJanuary 18, 2015
Serco treats employees as if they were contracted workers versus real employees. There is absolutely no loyalty to the workers at this company. The benefits also get reduced every year.
great environment
Finance Counselor (Current Employee), Fort Riley, KSJanuary 16, 2015
Pros: great work schedule
Cons: no advancement opportunities
Day starts at 0730 and is done by 4pm. Instruction and counseling are the main responsibilities. The Manager is very focused however, he is very fair. Great team. Master's degree is required for employment however, financial compensation is not equal to education or labor.
Great people to work with
Travel Coordinator (Former Employee), San Diego, CAJanuary 15, 2015
I would work there again. People are friendly to work with.
Hardest part is they do contracts for Government. Every minute needs a billable task to go with it. Hard to do if you have down time. Managers were friendly and easy to talk to. Company had low turnover.
office job
General Clerk II (Current Employee), Rogers, ArJanuary 12, 2015
a great place to get office experience, stable hours, great co workers,
Productive and Fun Place to work
Site Security Manager (Former Employee), Bethesda, MDJanuary 8, 2015
I would not change the experience for the world. I have been working with SERCO since 2011 and I do not have one thing to complain about. We had excellent management and I had the best co-workers where ever I went. (Wiesbaden,Germany, Pensacola, FL, Bethesda, MD)
Contract
Supply Management Logistics Specialist II (Former Employee), Virginia Beach, VAJanuary 5, 2015
Pros: job security
Cons: no raises
Afghanistan Hostile enviroment in Kabul Afghanistan. Base closure, no raises given and no promotions. It was neeeded however the management is not forward and upfront and base on your income they lay off
Good Working Environment
General Clerk (Former Employee), Rogers, ARDecember 31, 2014
Pros: good work environment
Cons: short lunch breaks
I enjoyed working for Serco. Worked with a great team, very supportive. At Serco I worked with the affordable care act. I reviewed applications, did research into documents provided and contacted consumers in regards to any information or documents that they needed to send in.
Like working with my current team
General Clerk II (Current Employee), Rogers, ARDecember 30, 2014
Pros: supervisor is great
Cons: 2nd shift 3:30p.m.-12:00p.m.
Atmosphere working in a Team environment is great. My supervisor is great to work for and very knowledgeable. I received more computer training that what I already had. The hardest part of the job is not always staying busy in between processes. Can be a little boring at times, because I prefer to stay extremely busy. I work 2nd shift just so that I could complete my Internship this previous semester, but I would prefer to find a 1st shift job which is the only reason I am looking elsewhere. The pay is actually OK and the co-workers are great to work with.
Professional place to work for.
Eligibility Support Worker / GCII (Current Employee), Wentzville, MODecember 22, 2014
I decent company to work for, but very hard to promote within.
"A day late, and a dollar short"
General Clerk II- Telephone Support (Former Employee), Rogers, ARDecember 15, 2014
Pros: 401k, sick and vacation
Cons: expensive insurance, lack of productive days
A typical day at work we sit at our cubicles reading quick reference guides or surfing the companies one and only available web page; our daily goal is to stay awake and stay seated. This is because there is hardly any work to be done due to the fact, (I'm assuming), that they have over-hired. The work trickles in every once in awhile. When new tasks are developed by the company, they train a hand full of teams. The training is very un-organized. For example: 6 teams were trained for a special task that was recently developed. We would get trained in groups. By the time we all got trained for the special tasks, all the work was completed before the last 4 teams could even attempt to work the new task. I do, however, understand that this is a new company and they are still trying to get there standard operating procedures in order.

Management could be better. Most days if we ask a question, we are told to look for it in one of the many quick reference guides; we rarely are ever given an answer to our questions.

Co-workers varied from young to old, little to big, black to white. It was a very cultured place to work and I had no problems with the co-workers.

The hardest part of the job is dealing with changing guidelines for tasks and application processing. The easiest part was getting paid to sit and do nothing some of the time.

Overall, in a few years this company might be decent to work for...but the drawback to working for this particular government facility is that it has only a 5 year contract with the government. Who knows what will happen to your job at the end of that contract.
Only been with company x 1 month
General Clerk 2 (Current Employee), Wentzville, MODecember 14, 2014
Pros: nice salary
Cons: hours
Very rigid environment; some of my co-workers are not very qualified for the position. Different approaches from different managers. Difficulty balancing home life and job, have young child and working 3-12a which makes me unavailable for child during evening hours
Product orientated
Academics Manager/Curriculum Developer (Former Employee), Camp Pendleton, CADecember 14, 2014
SERCO was a good company to work for. Once they gave you the assignment there was not a lot of micromanagement. The only real drawback was they did not keep the lower level employees in the loop when it cam to contract negotiations.
Serco
Senior Financial Analyst (Current Employee), Reston, VADecember 5, 2014
It is a great place to work but I need to advance my career for greater income.
Good Mission, Poor Management
Career Counselor (Former Employee), Fort Campbell, KYDecember 4, 2014
Pros: assisting soldiers as they transition
Cons: poor pay, management, and no opportunity for growth
The nature of the work is admirable - assisting soldiers as they transition out of the military. Unfortunately, it becomes a statistics game and management only cares about meeting and exceeding percentages. It has become less customer service and assistance roles and more 'meeting quotas' to be the best SFL-TAP program. Upper management refuses to pay quality workers what they are worth and lower management refuses to fight for their workers. The pay is poor, especially when it is required for a counselor to have a master's degree. Turnover is high due to the poor pay, graduate degree requirements, and poor management. You are so micro-managed decision making isn't an option. The benefits have decreased over time and since Serco employs so many military spouses they do not allow enough time for leave or time off. Co-workers, for the most part, are fantastic though.
Insurnace
Mon thr Friday
awesome hours
Everyone is fair
Computer skills, Make around 70 calls a day
Not a place to go if you are serious about a career.
General Clerk (Former Employee), Rogers, ARDecember 2, 2014
Pros: great people
Cons: management was not very trained.
I enjoyed the people. I did not enjoy the lack of knowledge the management had on the job duties.
Disorganized and lacks integrity
Quality Assurance Supervisor (Former Employee), Rogers, ARNovember 24, 2014
Very disorganized company resulting in waste of tax payer monies. Poor communication. Cleanliness and infestation issues. Poor maintenance on the elevators. Management tends to have hidden agendas that override doing what makes good business sense. My management expected me to attend meetings during non work hours but would not provide the appropriate equipment to achieve this (laptop computer and cell phone). They would not return my phone calls and often did not respond to emails. The local site manager asked me not to use email for issues, to come to his office instead so that they (the government) would not be aware of the concerns, yet he could not resolve any issues. Problems obtaining seats (desk, chairs etc.) for my staff. They did not provide adequate instruction to implement their new reports which came out weekly. On one occasion when I asked the creator of a "new" report when we should use it and will it replace a similar report, they said they did not know what it was for. DSMs authorized overtime to staff even though they knew it would not increase productivity (not enough bandwidth to allow additional resources to log in). Some days it would take an hour for the system to allow you to log in. They routinely ran system backups before the end of shift forcing everyone to stop working an hour early.

1 2 3 4 5

About SERCO

Serco employs over 100,000 people in more than 30 countries, delivering local services informed by many years of international – Read more