SERCO

SERCO Employee Reviews

Great career starter
Logistics Control (Current Employee), Chesapeake, VAMay 21, 2015
Usually into work a 7 and out at 330. Most of the people you work with are cool and nice and willing to lend a hand if they are able to. When work gets busy, it truly, gets BUSY. As long as you show interest and put your personal stuff to the side for a bit they will admire your work. Spend a little time social networking and it will grow into your benefit. Lunch is usually around or from 11 to 12. Depends on your section leader. I hear the medical benefits are iffy. Enviroment could sometimes be harsh, unless you work in a office then your spoiled. Its honestly not the bad.
Productive job havingto deal with insurance applications
Verification Specialist (Current Employee), Rogers, ARMay 20, 2015
Pros: very family oriented organization
Cons: no cell phone use allowed
I go in from 6 AM to 2:30 PM, i process applications on a day to day I learned how to maintain professional apparel and how to make out bound calls to consumers to update information for multiple insurance companies. My co-workers are really friendly and try to help one and another to maintain a stable work environment. I think the hardest thing about the job is that we have a specific time frame to get the job done the most enjoyable thing about my job is that I'm making a difference in someones life.
Serco
General Clerk II - Affordable Care Act (Current Employee), Rogers, ARMay 12, 2015
A typical day would be making calls, or data entry, verifying information that the consumer has sent in to apply for their health insurance and their tax credit.
good people to work with
meter revenue collector (Current Employee), north hollywood,ca.May 11, 2015
Pros: awards, bbq's and birthday recognitions
Cons: health care
a fun place to work at but yet with a professional manner, easy environment to get used to. I have learned to work with people more closely and understand people more. the hardest part is being at work at 5am in the morning, but you get use to it.
Enjoyable
Laborer (Former Employee), San Diego, CAMay 4, 2015
Was a very enjoyable work place and the work was very fulfilling. Only draw back is that it is heavily dependent on ships being in port so when between ships you are left sitting at home earning no money.
Definitely not worth your time
Psychological Health Outreach Team Member (Former Employee), Reston, VAMay 2, 2015
Pros: Working with the US Military
Cons: Poor Organization, Poor Leadership, No measureable outcomes
What a disappointment!! I thought I had been pretty reassured when asked to identify what I thought my Team Member position was about. The Program Manager said I could "write an ad for the program" meaning that I was right on the money with my characterization. As a Vietnam Vet I was excited to know that I was to be helping US Navy Reserve Veterans so imagine my shock when I got to the office at Great Lakes. First of all such employees are forbidden under fear of disciplinary action for going above the Program Manager about ANYTHING! Secondly for the entire time I was there I never met ANYONE who could accurately and concisely explain what our program was suppose to be doing. Not one person.
The program had 55 people in it and experienced approximately a 90% turnover of personnel for the time I was there. The program which had supposedly been around for 5 years was constantly being reshuffled and refocused on a month-by-month basis. Calls to the head office in Reston, Va to speak with HR or Accounting were constantly being answered by new people who didn't know what they were doing. Corporate announcements were constantly reporting the comings and goings of leadership and what was mandated one week could easily be anathema the next. When Navy Reserve commanding officers were candid, they stated quite clearly that a single visit every once in a while made little sense and did little good. The simple fact is that the program I was part of was mere "window-dressing"....and not very good window-dressing at that.
An exciting pace to work.
Program/Hiring Manager, Fort Stewart (Former Employee), Fort Stewart, GAApril 30, 2015
Pros: I was allowed to do my job
Cons: l have no cons
Serco was a fun place to work. They allowed me to work with little to no supervision. Serco is a large service contractor to local, state and federal government. Serco headquarters for the North America is Reston VA. The headquarters is in England.
Working for Serco Inc.
Data Entry Specialist (Former Employee), Mesquite, TXApril 29, 2015
Pros: Amazing discounts on almost anything you can imagine
Cons: Benefits cost too much
A typical day at Serco Inc. for Data Entry II was pretty simple work. Review files and just input the visas into ELLIS. I learned a lot about diversity, attention to detail, and small team leadership.

The management was amazing while I worked at Serco. They treated everyone like family, and it was a really relaxed environment.

The workers come from different backgrounds, and were friendly.
The hardest part of the job to me was working the 2nd shift 3 to 1130 pm. I had to change my sleeping habits, but in about a week I was on track.

The most enjoyable part of the job was just being around people and working for a company that treat you like family.
Working for Serco
Electrician Technician (Current Employee), Chesapeake, VAApril 28, 2015
Working for Serco as a company has been a good experience, but the pay scale is less than to be desired. For the amount of work that you are tasked with and the skillset that I carry I am grossly under paid.
Eh.
Analyst (Former Employee), VirginiaApril 27, 2015
I guess it really depends on which location you work in. There are ups and downs, pros and cons to any job. The life and work balance are the best parts of working here.
good place to work. Untrained Supervisors
General Clerk II (Former Employee), London, KYApril 27, 2015
This is a great working environment, but they need to work on training the supervisors more. Or consider hiring within for better equipped staff.
Not for me.
ESW3 (Current Employee), Lawton, OKApril 25, 2015
Pros: I love my coworkers.
Cons: Too many changes.
It wasn't what I thought it would be. I was under the impression it was a couple year contract and not year to year like it is and I'm wanting a permanent position.
Great Benefits
Victim Advocate Education Specialist (Former Employee), Fort Riley, KSApril 19, 2015
The Family Advocacy Program is a great place for employment. I have learned so much from with at this establishment. Dental and medical benefits are exceptional well.
Parking Enforcement Officer (Former Employee), Chicago, ILApril 17, 2015
Cons: Short breaks, long walks
Typical day at work: Get dropped off at your assigned zone. Patrol the whole zone looking for parking violations. After covering that zone, start making your way to your next assigned zone and patrol that zone before its time to meet up with your assigned partner for the night. After meeting up with your partner, you can either take a short break for approximately 30 minutes. Maybe 45 minutes but that depends on the amount of tickets you've issued before meeting your partner or you can choose which of the 2 of the 4 zones you both will patrol together before taking your break. But you both must come to an agreement.

What I learned: I've learned that its a pretty easy job. If you don't mind a lot of walking.

Management: No comment.

Co-workers: My co-workers was pretty cool. As long as you just go there, clock in, focus more on your job and your money than anything else, things will go smooth.

The hardest part of the job: Personally, the hardest part about the job was getting a lot of tickets. Especially in zones where there aren't many violations and a lot of open space.

The most enjoyable part of the job: Being able to get along with your partner and supervisor while being safe from a low ticket count. Also, having a smooth day, no trash talk from people you giving tickets to, proving the people wrong.
Unfortunately I am unable to say much per government contract.
GC-III (Current Employee), Rogers, ARApril 16, 2015
Pros: Insurance is payed for if you are single.
Cons: Short lunch, Lack of Knowledge
A typical day at Serco is honestly rough. How i see it is a lack of knowledge by the entire site here.

What we learn is minimal we usually do the same thing every day, except for when the procedure changes and it changes every couple of hours it seems.

Management needs work.

Co-workers are the best part of our day. that's how we push through

The hardest part of the job is miscommunication and lack of a lead/knowledge on what we are intended to be doing.

The most enjoyable part of the job is the co-workers.
Fantastic Company
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), San Diego, CAApril 16, 2015
Pros: worked as a team
Cons: only part time position
I loved working for SERCO. Unfortunately my contract got taken over by another company. I would still be with SERCO today if it wasn't. My group worked as a team and the workflow was outstanding.
Great real life exposure and experience working with Serco.
Senior Design Project I & II (Former Employee), Reston, VAApril 15, 2015
After working with Serco Inc on my Senior Design Project two part class, Me and my team got to experience a first hand look on how an organization as big as Serco handles business tasks. This said, We managed to use all the knowledge acquired in the classroom, to provide Serco with a solution that address all four aspects of IT. Namely Networking and Telecommunications, Information Security, Programming and Database, and Healthcare IT.

The experience working with Serco was exciting and a joyful experience, that I look forward to working with them in the future given the opportunity too.
General office work but slower
Clerk II (Former Employee), Rogers, ARApril 14, 2015
Pros: Good pay and regular hours
Cons: Having to lie to consumers as part of the work contract
A typical day was spent waiting for the next task, either entering in data, making phone calls, or learning the new processes in the system for the contract work that we were doing. The management and co-workers were mostly good, and it was a fairly lax working environment making it easier for most people to get along easier. Helping people was the most important and enjoyable part of the job, but having to blatantly lie to the consumers as part of the contract that we were working on to cover up sever gaps in the functionality of the contract that we were doing made it eventually impossible to continue working there.
Fun people
Service Writer (Current Employee), Colorado Springs, CoApril 1, 2015
I truly enjoy working here. They have a good work/life balance.
Work hours are excellent. Work environment is very comfortable.
Great people to work with
General Clerk III (Current Employee), Rogers, ARMarch 29, 2015
Pros: Great benefits
Cons: No personalization with work area
Fun people to work with. Administration is sloppy and has no idea what's going on half the time. Good steady work. No chance for advancement within the company.

1 2 3 4 5

About SERCO

Serco employs over 100,000 people in more than 30 countries, delivering local services informed by many years of international – Read more

SERCO Salaries