SERCO

SERCO Employer Reviews

Ooo Rah!
Network Engineer (Former Employee), Twentynine Palms, CANovember 21, 2014
Was hired during contract rebid process, in which the company lost.

Originally slated at a SharePoint Admin. Because the security clearance process takes a long time, I was never able to fulfill that roll. I was sidelined to work battle simulation center maintaining servers and workstations IAW DoD STIG.

Loved my coworkers but this site is a far cry – more... from the corporate atmosphere which I never got to experience. – less
Professional Environment
SFL-TAP Counselor I (Current Employee), Reston, VANovember 20, 2014
This contacting company is very professional. I enjoy being able to assist the services members as they transition from military to civilian sector. A typical day ranges from 7:30-5:30; depending on your weekly duties.
Great company
Administrative Assistant, Logistics Department (Former Employee), Chesapeake, VANovember 20, 2014
Pros: all the overtime you can handle, good work culture
Cons: too much mandatory over time
Serco is a great place to work with great benefits. Depending on your unit you can have mandatory 60-80 hour work weeks. That is great if your main concern is a big check. However if you like sleep or to see your family, it is a problem. There is a nice company culture.
Contractor job
Finance Specialist II (lead)-10 (Former Employee), Fort Drum, NYNovember 17, 2014
Company has fair pay and is ideal for military spouses who relocate with their spouse. It allows you to transfer your position,
functional
Business Consultant (Current Employee), Virginia Beach, VANovember 14, 2014
live and die by contracts. know the culture and add value every day, or face extinction
Exciting job, plenty of different tasks
DVTE Analyst (Current Employee), 29 Palms, CANovember 12, 2014
Pros: flexible work schedule (as permitted by training)
Cons: health care was lacking
Update and distribute DVTE suites amongst several commands.
Support MCLOG scenarios for training events.
Develop scenarios according to direction from Marines.
Practice scripting for specific DVTE target events.

Was sent to VBS2 scripting class in Orlando
Will be returning to Orlando to perform acceptance testing on VBS3 for the government in November.

Was – more... able to further my computer skills as well as develop working relationships aboard the base/across the country.

Management was mostly retired Military, so transition was easy.

The hardest part of the job was coordinating training, distribution of suites, support of MCLOG events as well as other company specific training and government training which is usually planned on the same day(s)

The most enjoyable part of the job is the wide variety of simulations I was able to participate in as well as the training for VBS which furthered the amount of control I could exercise in scenarios – less
FUN WORKING ENVIROMENT
PARKING ENFORCEMENT OFFICER (Current Employee), Chicago, ILNovember 11, 2014
Pros: working by yourself, shows me how to reason and deal with the general public
Cons: pay
I ENJOY THE JOB THAT I DO, I AM ABLE TO NAVIGATE THROUGH A SOMETIMES HOSTILE WORKING ENVIRONMENT WITH THE GENERAL PUBLIC. I WORK A PRETTY COOL SCHEDULE SO THEREFORE I AM VERY ATTENTIVE DURING MY SHIFT AND ABLE TO ISSUE CITATIONS ACCORDINGLY. I LOVE THIS JOB WOULDN'T CHANGE IT.
Contract position
Quality Assurance Rep (Former Employee), Reston, VANovember 10, 2014
Serco hired people then placed them with others to the USPS. Worked at USPS but was an employee of SERCO.
I already reviewed Serco
Sr. Financial Analyst (Former Employee), Columbia, MDNovember 7, 2014
Pros: excellent management
As a Senior Financial Analyst IV, I worked with Senior Management in the preparation and implement of budgets for budget centers. I provided daily input to the strategic planning and implementing of purchased for the assigned budget centers.
Productive and worthwhile job
Military Pay Technician I (Current Employee), Fort Carson, CONovember 4, 2014
- assist all customers with issues
- report to leadership on trends
- teach classes for customer service
Solid Company with Great People
Supervisor (Former Employee), VirginiaOctober 29, 2014
Pros: people
Cons: few locations
Hard work is expected within a relaxed and stimulating environment.
Good place for a first job BUT
subcontracts Administrator (Current Employee), Reston, VAOctober 29, 2014
Pros: nice building and location
Cons: over worked under payed
This is a place I started my career. I have worked here for over five years. Since sequestration, this place has let go of many people and have not rehired. Thus creating zero work life balance. Also, they pay about 15-20% less then competitors.
Excellent Company
General Clerk III (Current Employee), Wentzville, MOOctober 27, 2014
This company is very good with acknowleging their employees and they make you feel like you are apart of a family
A decent work environment.
General Clerk II (Current Employee), Rogers, AROctober 22, 2014
I am not allowed to talk about what I do at work. I can say that the people I work with are good people. I am able to work on my computer skills.
hard worker
EM (Former Employee), San Diego, CAOctober 13, 2014
Troubleshoot, rip out, install and test systems such as controls, switches, distribution panels, fuses, and
cables. Perform low voltage electrical work. Splic
e wires and solder connections to fixtures. Install
cabinets. Read blueprints, assembly drawings and sketches. Successfully meet customers’ needs.
Work on audio, visual and data projects. Dressing – more... cable.
Build RJ-45. Work with cat5 and 6 cables. – less
Productive and fun
supply tech (Former Employee), Richmond, VAOctober 8, 2014
Pros: long lunch on friday
Cons: health insurance wasn't that great
Days were strutured had a daily quota, govt. contractor. Learned how to utilize my time, to meet quota. Management were real professional, always asked you what you needed and your opinion on doing things. Co-workers got along, even though we worked alone. The hardest part was coming up with daily quota, sometimes you would only get one liners. We enjoyed – more... going out fridays for lunch, they would give you one hour and 15 minutes. – less
Desk-Job with a few kinks
General Clerk II (Current Employee), Rogers, AROctober 8, 2014
Pros: exemplary management
Cons: short breaks, lots of down time
A typical day of work means you will be sitting in a chair for no less than 8 hours. The management is most generally good people just trying to make it like you are. Some of the most irritating things about this job are the people, they will employ just about anyone. The hardest part of the job is finding things to do while the systems go down. On – more... the other hand you will find some great people there. – less
Great people to interact with on a daily basis. Opportunities to learn broaden my knowledge in areas other than responsibilities assigned.
Budget Analyst (Former Employee), Columbia, MDOctober 8, 2014
Pros: good co-workers, information availability when needed
Cons: contract endings.
Busy yet productive, opportunities to expand knowledge base. Completing tasks and feeling I accomplished and had a good day when I can submit deliverables, working to meet deadlines.
Being able to rely on co-workers for information or advice when taking on new tasks.
Contract...
Assistant Lead (Former Employee), Fort Bragg, NCOctober 8, 2014
Overall company is not bad... but its gov't contracts so there is not real job security with that. Low bid on contract = low wages.
good company
Welders Helper/ Laborour (Former Employee), Chesapeake, VAOctober 7, 2014
Pros: good lunches
Cons: short breaks
I would get there at 4am and we stayed busy using power tools doing all type of jobs staying busy moving all day 6 10hr days a week but decent pay

1 2 3 4 5

About SERCO

Serco employs over 100,000 people in more than 30 countries, delivering local services informed by many years of international – Read more