Serco Employee Reviews in United States

Sometimes a very gratifying place to work.
Quality Control Clerk (Current Employee) –  Rogers, ARJune 4, 2016
The consumers reached at this establishment are usually angry because they have not been approved for a subsidy or have lost their subsidy for healthcare though Healthcare,Gov. There are a handful of people that are very thankful, This job can be a little stressful for some people. There is very strict government guidelines that have to be followed since there is a lot of PII involved with this job.
Pros
Work is not hard and people with physical disabilities are able to work here
Cons
A lot of down time with nothing to do.
Great Job to work at BUT, management is rude, dismissive, corrupt!
GCIII (Former Employee) –  LawtonJune 4, 2016
I was fired because I filed a complaint against management stealing my hours. They claim my termination was due to me going over LWOP (leave without pay) hours. I was never written up at all so do the math! Can anyone say FRAUD??? I'm sure there will be someone SOON who stands up to Serco's Lawton site management personnel. They are so arrogant and careless with their breaking of policies, it's unnatural. If you choose to work there, stand up to management!!! Don't let them railroad you, like they have several others..
Pros
Great work experience
Cons
Corrupt superiors
Dysfunctional Workplace
Career Counselor (Former Employee) –  Fort Bragg, NCJune 22, 2016
Thee best part of the job is working with the service members. Managers are micro-manged and therefore micro-manage staff. Salary is far below standard for the job and wage is increases are very minimal. There is no advancement or incentives for what the company lacks. Not all coworkers are friendly some make it difficult to build a team environment. No professionalism.
Pros
working with service members
Cons
minimal salary, no incentives, no advancement, unprofessional and micromanaged
Multitasking and a multitude of projects
Production Control Clerk (Current Employee) –  Wentzville, MOMay 26, 2016
Serco is a a company that is very different from any other. Mostly it can give entry level employees a chance to increase their skills in utilizing computers, software programs, and improve customer service. Each site varies from rules and responsibilities, but overall it can be a great experience if your mindset is there.
Pros
Good pay, 401k, Vacation
Cons
Unorganized, inconsistent recruitment techniques
Productive and fun working environment
Participant Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Clintwood, VAJune 10, 2016
At Serco I was taught great customer service skills and how to interact with my peers. The management at Serco was wonderful. They always went out of there way to help you with anything you needed weather it was at work or outside of work, At Serco you are mostly on the phone dealing with federal employees retirement accounts and explaining how to do loans/withdrawals from the account.
Productive workplace that serves community
ESW III (Former Employee) –  Lawton, OKMay 11, 2016
Review and submitting healthcare applications.
I learned how to evaluate healthbcare application.s
Management would find answers needed.
My co-workers worked well with teaching each other.
The hardest part of the job is not being able to assist with healthcare insurance.
The most enjoyable part of the job is "stand up" gives recognition to employees and company updates.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Short lunch breaks
A lot of facilitatig
Installation Lead Victim Advocate (Former Employee) –  Fort Rucker, ALJune 3, 2016
I enjoyed facilitating groups. Also,providing briefings to various groups on military installation. I also enjoyed talking and helping the victims.
I learned how to maximize and prioritize my time to get the job done.
Co- workers were very helpful and good to work with.
The hardest part was scheduling training.
Pros
Respectful of employees, good benefits
Cons
No on sight supervisor
Production and no room for advancement
Data Entry Clerk I (Former Employee) –  Lee's Summit, MOApril 9, 2016
Production was all that mattered. Management could have used more training in how to treat their employees. A typical day at work there was usually being treated like children by the supervisors and incentives were nil. We really had no human resource personnel who knew their jobs very well. The hardest part of the job under these circumstances, was not lowering yourself to their standards and just working to get the quota done no more and no less, and leaving work hoping that the next day you would still have a job.
Pros
end of shift
Cons
no raises ever
Productive and always learning new obsticales, fast paced environment
GCII (Former Employee) –  Wentzville, MOMarch 29, 2016
Data entry of confidential consumer information and continuous learning of new material, management was very helpful when help or questions arouse. Enjoyed the co-workers that I worked with. The hardest part of the job was trying to advance to new positions a large group was hired at the same time In which I was and they went by senority. I would say the most enjoyable part of this job was there was change of some sort everyday.
Pros
Healthcare
Cons
parking
The work project is good.
General Clerk II (Former Employee) –  Wentzville, MOMarch 25, 2016
The management is horrible. They treat you like children. You need permission to use the restrooms. The majority of management do not know the job. Management is very unprofessional and there is a lot of micro-managing. Supervisors are dating each other. Our tax dollars are paying for this. The best part is that the work hours are early. The hardest part of the job is that work is recycled so basically your just going around in circles chasing your own tail. Corporate has no idea because everything is handled in house.
Pros
Come in early and get off early
Cons
Management needs sensitivity training
Decent place to work
Verification Specialist (Former Employee) –  WentzvilleJune 9, 2016
There were 2 plasma computers on my desk. I learned to manage my computer files and was trained on many types of telephone calling. Hardest part of my job was help from management. I was not given a review. I do not know why not.
Pros
Training
Cons
Training should have been more organized. We all did the same job, but some employees were tested on things and some were not.
Prefessional Organization
Air Traffic Manager (Former Employee) –  Mather, CAMarch 4, 2016
Serco is a very good company with very professional employees. While working in the Air traffic Control / Transportation side for over 13 years, I had great experiences dealing with flying community, tenants, and the airport. Staff at the Personal Management Office were very supportive for many years. Great Orginazational Culture.
Pros
Benefits and culture - A professional environment
Cons
Staffing issues: both in ATC facilities and Management office, at times minimal support
Company only cares about production not it's Consumers
General Clerk III-ESW (Former Employee) –  Wentzville, MOMarch 3, 2016
DO NOT WORK HERE! You may think you may have been offered one of the best jobs...not the case. They hire as quick as they fire. Supervisors and DSM's are snooty and highly unprofessional. Constantly changing their policies to best fit their agenda. No consistency in any work instruction or QRG.They generally have you working for maybe 6 months and then comes the slow time. Absolutely DREADFUL! You will be bored out of your mind.
Pros
Benfits; Health Insurance & 401K
Cons
Everything else
A lot of sitting
Gener Clerk Data Processing (Current Employee) –  Wentzville, MOFebruary 29, 2016
We sat for at least 7 hours a night. Very hard for me to do. I like being mobile.
Data entry. Helping people get the application process complete for the Affordable care act.
Co-workers where great. We would try to make the best of second shift.
The most enjoyable part of the job was being able to help the consumer get health insurance. Being able to walk them through the process was a great feeling.
Pros
Great benifits
Cons
Not Enough Training
could be a great place to work
Gc2 (Current Employee) –  Lawton, OKFebruary 28, 2016
Current employee, I have been blessed to have some great management personnel. But there is alot of micro management going on...and we are told that completing courses in the business online career school you would advance...not true I have been stuck in the same position. And I have so much to offer...and you are treated like children here..and not to mention the attendance policy is not a great one...
Pros
helping others
Cons
attendance policy, some management, advancement opportunities
One year in Bethel
Air Traffic Controller (Former Employee) –  Bethel, AKFebruary 25, 2016
Corporate management is excellent. Local management is scary mediocre. Work environment is toxic. Air traffic controllers are naturally difficult people to work with anyway, but in Bethel, the conflict of ego is stifling. The local management is incompetent and distracted by multiple business endeavors, and the senior staff constantly works to undermine management, thus perpetually highlighting the manager's incompetence. It's a frustrating work environment.
Client's are always right...
Lead Consultant (Former Employee) –  Reston, VAFebruary 9, 2016
...no matter how they treat Serco employees. Management pays nominal lip service to defending their employees when client demands are unreasonable.

Work life balance is constantly stressed, however the expectation is that you will still have to work 80+ hours a week and be available 24/7 for conference calls, responding to emails and web conferences.

The bottom line is the only thing that is cared about - how much the client contract is worth to the company. As soon as you are not available to work 80+ hours a week, you will be let go, while management disavows any knowledge of why you are being forced out of the company.
job security/fun work place
General Clerk (Current Employee) –  Wentzville, MOJune 4, 2016
the company says they care about the consumers but they don't like to hear different ways that they can better the operations. They treat the employee's horrible. they don't care if we are sick and we could infect others. for the work we do we don't get paid enough. our attendance policy is horrible.
Basically good place to work
General Clerk II - Process Insurance Applications (Current Employee) –  Rogers, ARMay 6, 2016
Good place to work with good pay and good people. The hours start early but you are also off work by 3 o'clock at the latest. My supervisor was a great guy and really worked hard to make each team member feel appreciated
Pros
Fairly easy computer job
Cons
Start time 6 a.m.
not worth the pay
General Clerk III (Current Employee) –  Rogers, ARJanuary 20, 2016
I thought this was an awesome job when i first started but as i have been there for a year it is far less than awesome. They are constantly changing things they have nothing in order some managers are awesome as mine was then they move it all around this job is a bit of a joke when you go an look for other jobs and they ask you where you are working now and you say serco people have said before im sorry! they add jobs to your job description without telling you and you dont get paid any extra they keep promising raises and you never get them moving up or just switching shifts is a nightmare!
Pros
Pay
Cons
Everything else