Serco Employee Reviews

good career
Engineering Tech 1 (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAJune 22, 2017
its very good company challenging exciting a lot of travel take care of there employees good advancement opportunities long hours 6 days a week some time 7
Good Benefits/ Horrible staff
General Clerk II (Former Employee) –  Wentzville, MOJune 22, 2017
SERCO could be an amazing place to work, but in my experience I was in a POD with unprofessional and negative individuals. My supervisor could have been great, but she could not control her workers and could rarely answer questions that us as new hires would have. SERCO has great opportunity and benefits BUT they will lay you off when they want to save money. I was laid off even though I was one of the top performers in my POD.
Pros
Pay, Benefits
Cons
Workers, Job not secure
Gciii
General Clerk III (Former Employee) –  Lawton, OKJune 22, 2017
I assisted customers by posting information to agency records and modified forms and records. I performed data entry and retrieval on a daily basis through the use of a personal computer. I maintained a productivity score (Pscore) of greater than 80 while the office goal was 45. I have extensive experience with a diverse spectrum of consumers when a call is initiated and answered. I am PII, MARCO, and DMI verifications certified. I faithfully participated in internal training through the Information Station and passed certification tests when there were no tasks on-hand to work. I had completed 45 training modules. Quality was one of the most important jobs in my position with Serco. It was up to me if a task is completed and resolved.
great company
Field Engineering technician (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJune 21, 2017
due to location it was not conducive for productivity but overall i liked sercos structure. first time i worked for a large corporation and while i was with them it was a good experience
Decent pay & benefits. Steep learning curve.
General Clerk II (Current Employee) –  Wentzville, MOJune 19, 2017
The pay rate at this company is pretty good, especially for an entry level position. The benefits are good as well, although monthly premiums are high. Company does help pay your monthly premiums. The job is not difficult but there are endless amounts of little details that need to be remembered.
Security cautious company
General Clerk II (Current Employee) –  Wentzville, MOJune 19, 2017
I the has too many changes which make it very hard to adjust to work. The changes are daily. The equipment sometimes work and sometimes don't the staring salary is good and benefits are great
Pros
great starting salary, benefits are automatic great benefits package
Cons
no raises, too many changes
productivity with fun
Quality Engineer (Former Employee) –  India GurugramJune 19, 2017
Execution of tasks assigned and coordination within the teams

How to get work done from other teams.

Cooperative management and motivating.

Work culture was good.

Issue if occurred in the production was not an easy task to handle.

The most enjoyable part was team outings.

Free meals and Cabs.
Pros
Free meals and Cabs.
Cons
Short breaks
Ok
General Clerk 3 Lead (Current Employee) –  Wentzville, MOJune 16, 2017
I feel like they are trying but upon trying their employees get caught up in the mix and in turn makes them fall backwards. Employees dont get much of a voice when things change .
Serco
General Clerk II (Current Employee) –  Wentzville, MOJune 15, 2017
A typical day at work varies. There are several different job duties and the work load fluctuates. I have learned a great deal of information at Serco. The hardest part of the job is the on-job training. There are changes that occur everyday and everyone has to adapt
Terrible place to work.
ESW (Former Employee) –  London, KYJune 14, 2017
Serco is not a pro employee company. They will hire tons of people when in need then they will try to fire as much as possible when the workload is down. You are not sure how you are being evaluated or how things as smart plans and other measures they use to try to get rid of employees. You ask management and they have no clue.

On the other hand, schedules are crazy.
Cons
Not a secure employment. They will hire and fire as the workload requires.
Training was very thorough
VA Benefits Advisor (Former Employee) –  Kāne‘ohe Bay, HIJune 13, 2017
From the very beginning we had 3-4 week trainings that equipped us to answer questions servicemembers and veterans would ask. There were always trainings and briefings to give throughout the week, but it helped the workday go by quickly.
Fun work place
Parking enforcement officer (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJune 13, 2017
A good job,would recommend to any young adult for a first time job or maybe a second job.Serco would been a great job for anyone who like to get out and enjoys long walks and making money of course. The places is full of positive and helpful people.The most hardest part on the job is the anger patrons.
Pros
Good exercise
Cons
Crazy patrons
Mediocre at best, soul crushing at worst
Control Room Operator (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VAJune 13, 2017
Long hours, poor management, and being on call 24/7, working holidays and weeks without a break, as well as being punished for other employees/management shortcomings have left a very bad taste in my mouth.
Pay us what we're worth
Career Counselor (Current Employee) –  Fort Campbell, KYJune 12, 2017
SERCO Inc. sucks....don't do it. They pay their Master Degree holders under $35K/ year and there is no room for advancement. We earn vacation at 3.08 hrs/ pay period and sick time at 1.54 hrs/ pay period.This is madness!! No upward mobility opportunities and the only people being compensated decently are the VA employees.
No longer working with Serco
Corporate/Elite Executive Travel Agent (Former Employee) –  Fargo, NDJune 12, 2017
No longer working with Serco, Serco was bought out by Expedia, was then hired by Frosch Travel. No longer employed by Serco. Found new employment as an at home agent through Frosch Travel.
Great, kind company, I enjoyed everything they have done for me.
Mechanical Assembler III (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJune 11, 2017
Working with Serco has been one of the best experiences I had. Loved the job that was giving to me. Lots of things I learned from working here. Thank you and I appreciate everything this company has done for me.
Poor business model
Control Room Operator (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAJune 10, 2017
This company, along with refusing to pay at competitive rates, had terrible healthcare. On top of that, the "Customer is always right" plan failed miserably and backfired in their face as they willingly agreed to far more than they could handle.
Ineffective HR let cancerous supervisors abuse employees.
Data Entry Specialist (Former Employee) –  Rogers, ARJune 9, 2017
It is a government contract, coworkers are generally nice and pleasant to work with.
Expect to see a room full of people doing the same thing as you.
A 30 min lunch break is given.
Pros
Retirement account, Pto, discounts
Cons
short breaks, no flexibility with time
Productive but in a dramatic environment
General Clerk II (Former Employee) –  Rogers, ARJune 9, 2017
very dramatic place to work and very slow during a lot of points on some days, The one thing I did Enjoy was some of my Teammates were sociable and were like me and wanted to stay away from the drama
Miserable
General Clerk II (Former Employee) –  Lawton, OKJune 8, 2017
Serco literally hires anyone and everyone. A lot of these people have horrible work ethic. The site managers belittle anyone below their pay grade. People are constantly talking about others and causing drama at work.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Unethical employees

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Serco. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval