Serco Employee Reviews for Clerk

Employee Values
General Clerk III (Former Employee) –  Lawton, OKJanuary 9, 2018
I do not feel like they valued their employees. Also promotion was not based on tenure, knowledge or skill it was based on who you were related to, who you knew or if you were friends to the boss. Half of the people that got positions were external candidates that knew nothing about the day to day operation of the company. Even though there were multiple internal employees/candidates that were perfect fits for the positions. Family emergencies were not respected
Pros
pay check
Cons
everything other than the paycheck
Team work Culture was Great
GS2 Business Clerk (Former Employee) –  Wentzville, MODecember 30, 2017
Most days were busy but there were times when you handle time as well with no work to do and those times were very boring! Management was nice and Helpful
Pros
Great Pay!!
Cons
Sometime no work at all
Best job ever
Clerk (Current Employee) –  London, KYDecember 20, 2017
This is by far the best job I've ever had in my 20 years of being in the work force. It's not perfect, but I really have nothing negative to say. There's lots of training and you typically don't do the same thing everyday, which is nice because it's not very repetitive. Some departments do customer service (outbound calls only) but not all do. There are 2 very nice breakrooms and 15 minute breaks/30 minute lunch.
Pros
Not very stressful
Cons
Strict attendance policy
Easy job
General Clerk III (GCIII) (Former Employee) –  Lawton, OKDecember 10, 2017
Very easy job if you come to work on a regular basic and are willing to continue to learn. They make you train on new materials, without making sure you have taken in what you were just forced to learn. This is an ideal job if you like to sit all day and get paid.
Job is too stressful and too many changes in work instructions
General Clerk III (Former Employee) –  Lawton, OKNovember 13, 2017
Very stressful job. Work instructions changed daily and and with new DWA, too many different tasks to keep production/quality scores up. The pay was great, but the work atmosphere was negative.
Pros
great pay
Cons
too stressful
Positive atmoshpere
General Clerk III Lead (Current Employee) –  Lawton, OKNovember 13, 2017
Serco has excellent benefits, and pay. Meeting Quality and Production numbers can be stressful, but it is obtainable. Respectable workplace, and an open-door policy.
Pros
Vacation, benefits, and pay
Cons
Micro management
Really good at doing the bare minimum for employees
General Clerk III (Former Employee) –  Lawton, OKNovember 5, 2017
Working at Serco is like working for a generic office job in a movie. A faceless corporation doing the bare minimum to retain and improve their employees and then acting surprise when good employees quit or the bad employees are fired. The compensation is good for the area, but that's it. Very little promotion opportunities and focused on short term problems without any long term planning.
unstable work enviroment
General Clerk III (Former Employee) –  Rogers, AROctober 26, 2017
The workload was inconsistent, some days we were very busy and some days we had no work at all. The work instructions changed constantly and sometimes there was no clear instructions or answers as to work instructions. Management was not always honest.
Pros
Great Benefits
Cons
Inconsistent work load and direction
Serco
General Clerk III (Former Employee) –  Wentzville, MO 63385October 20, 2017
A typical day at work I will come into work and sit there for 10hour not doing anything not because I choose not to because my supervisor would tell our team that there is no work in the system so the whole entire site is basically sitting at work just talking we get I trouble for talking we not allowed to read books talk or be turned around in our chairs for those long hours of we are at work.
Pros
the pay is good
Cons
some supervisors micro manage
A bit repetitive but not bad
General Clerk III (Former Employee) –  Rogers, AROctober 11, 2017
I generally prefer a work environment that gives me the opportunity to something different every day. This is not the case at Serco, however it is a good steady job with nice benefits.
Pros
40 hours a week guaranteed
Cons
Repetitive, can be stressful
Serco work day
OK. General Clerk III (Former Employee) –  Lawton, OKSeptember 30, 2017
Working at serco was an experience helping consumers with their insurance to even helping each other on the floor. A typical day at Serco was a little stressful jumping from the different types of tasks that was excepted and the rushing of work to be done, but when it came to supervisors they were okay but the upper management did not seem to know how to talk to the clerks, they always seemed to talk down on everyone.
Productive but poor management
General Clerk lll (Former Employee) –  Lawton, OK 73507September 22, 2017
during up time, there is alot of work and you stay busy, it is a fast passed job that is constantly changing. Management is lacking and not afraid to turn on associates if it means making them look better. During the slow part of the year there are times you are sitting there for 8 hours a day and still getting paid to do nothing. They say you have a chance for overtime, but they dont give overtime. If you really need a decent paying job, I would recommend here over a part time or full time job that doesn't pay well.
Pros
Good benefits, decent pay, easy work
Cons
poor management, They dont really care about you, very little chance for advancement, no overtime
very boring, bad management, lied to employees constantly
General Clerk (Former Employee) –  Wentzville, MOSeptember 22, 2017
management constantly lied to employees as did the trainers, felt like a child in school as I had to ask to go to the bathroom, constantly moved our location within the building
Pros
location, pay
Cons
treatment of employees, lies
Serco the Company
General Clerk III - ACA / Affordable Care Act (Former Employee) –  Lawton, OKSeptember 11, 2017
Was able to get several Certifications for Task that was required by Centers of Medicare and Medicaid, great co-workers, trainers, and work hours.....
Pros
Certifications required by CMS
Cons
No Advancement
Not the place to work if you have morals and ethics
General Clerk III (Former Employee) –  Wentzville, MOAugust 25, 2017
Management lies to you and demands that you lie to the consumers, the only way to keep your job is to be dishonest to the consumers and cheat the system. The company rewards people who lie, cheat and have zero problems sacrificing morals and ethics.
Pros
pays pretty well
Cons
very dishonest place to work and is a waste of taxpayer money
A very difficult place to work.
General Services Clerk (Former Employee) –  Wentzville, MOAugust 24, 2017
There is no pay increases. Management doesn't really care about employees. the working environment does not lend to a good environment. The only opportunity for advancement is to transfer to a different shift.
An Excellent place to work
General Clerk 1 (Former Employee) –  Lees Summit, MOAugust 23, 2017
Typical day at work consisted of scanning, sorting, updating , pulling and shipping and receiving files. Learning to multitask when assigned t to different areas. Management very helpful when questions arose about an assignment. Courteous and considerate.
Workplace culture very easy and outgoing . Sometimes hardiest part of job was meeting deadlines. The most enjoyable part of the job was the other associates making it a fun place to work.
Pros
One hour lunch, excellent benefits
Cons
There are no cons
Has been a steady- 40 hours a week
General Clerk III (Current Employee) –  Rogers, ARAugust 18, 2017
My time with Serco has proven to be beneficial. Even though it has been an ever-changing and evolving business with several twists and turns, I have been fortunate to have a steady, 40 hours a week job with such great benefits. And it has been very educational. All things considered, it has been a pretty good place to work.
Pros
Steady hours and great benefits
Cons
ever changing- have to be very versatile
Review
General Clerk (Current Employee) –  Wentzville, MOAugust 18, 2017
As an employee of these company i feel a since of insecurity because of all the lay-offs that have happened. I strive to do my best at 100% and the way thing are ran cold be improved greatly
Temporary job
General Clerk (Former Employee) –  Wentzville, MOAugust 15, 2017
Serco laid off hundreds of people, I would not recommend anybody works there. The pay is great and hours are great but there is very room for advancement and they laid off a lot of people due to lack of work.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Serco. Our community is ready to answer.