Serco Employee Reviews

Productive and engaging workplace
Eligibility Support Worker (Former Employee) –  London, KYFebruary 22, 2017
Serco is seldom ever dull. The job is hardly ever limited to one type of production, and you're always learning how to do new things. You'll definitely get a lot of experience in several different areas working here.
very interesting place to work
Parking Enforcement Officer (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILFebruary 22, 2017
I wrote parking ticket violations on parked vehicles and what I love about the job was that I got a chance to explore my city of Chicago places I never been to in my city
Pros
love walking around
Cons
people getting upset about parking tickets
hard demanding work
General Clerk II (Former Employee) –  Rogers, ARFebruary 21, 2017
With SERCO, the rules were very stricked and hard to follow because it made you feel like you were in jail. you didnt have the freedom you wanted to have in a work place. it was overall a hard job to do.
Run.... In the other direction.
Production Control Clerk (Former Employee) –  Rogers, ARFebruary 21, 2017
I worked here for three years, you get promoted because of who you know not what you know. The management is crazy rude, gossips about employees to their co-workers, and have no idea how to do their jobs. They often turn to subordinates for help with their responsibilities. The typical work day is like a box of chocolates, you never know what your gonna get. For real apply somewhere else.
Pros
You get a paid.
Cons
Nobody cares about anything.
Serco
Technical Instructor/Course Develepor (Current Employee) –  London, KyFebruary 21, 2017
Days begins at 6:30 and classroom instruction begins at 7. I was responsible for one on one training or up to 50 people at a time. Training development work is done when time allows.
I learned several new techniques to hone my training skills as far as delivery and knowledge retention.

The hardest part of the job for me is when I feel as if I haven't assisted someone in the learning process.

The most enjoyable part of the job is the way someone's face lights up when they "get It".
Pros
Creative License
Cons
Healthcare is very expensive here.
Progress Gained but OK
Parking Enforcement Officer (Former Employee) –  Inglewood, CAFebruary 18, 2017
Learned some good skills I didn't know before entering this job field. Also a little about the politics that can exist within a workplace. Not a job the community whole heartedly supports. Some people appreciate your services and some like to abuse them. People also like to think they can threaten or assault an officer not named the police and get away with it which is wrong because we sometimes work with the police. The hours were a bit tiring at times driving around not to mention these were graveyard hours which through off not only my sleep pattern but my time management. I developed not only as a person but also as an employee which I believe in most jobs is a successful experience with a company.
Easy work, Sub-par upper management
General Clerk II (Current Employee) –  Lawton, OKFebruary 14, 2017
The work was not tough, however being able to match the quota when the task was constantly being changed was moderately difficult.

The upper management team tends to be unapproachable, and seem somewhat unorganized most of the time.

The quality of hired associates makes for a lot of workplace drama; and the lack of punishment for those who are there "just to collect a paycheck" is astounding.

Hardest part of the job would have to be working alongside those who don't want to work for their pay.

Most enjoyable part of the job would definitely be the employer sponsored health benefits. Having health insurance covered as well as a healthy 401k is very nice.
Pros
Laid back atmosphere, Healthcare
Cons
Upper Management, Workplace Culture.
Serco
Data Entry Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Dallas TxFebruary 13, 2017
Serco is the my gold company. This is the one that saw beyond a degree, but instead this organization saw potential in the experience and knowledge that could be utilized in a different areas. This is the one organization that gave me the opportunity for growth and also the opportunity of self worth. Having an organization that believed in the skills learned to get the work done was tremendously important, because that is what made me who I am now and what I want to continue to do with my career.
Pros
Excellent job opportunity
Cons
Lowest paid
SFL-TAP, Cut throat Contractor/Sub-Contractor
Financial Planning Counselor (Current Employee) –  Fort Hood, TX, MTTFebruary 10, 2017
The job satisfaction I receive on a daily basis comes solely from assisting our service members. The hardest part of the job is trusting the leadership at all levels. With the SFL-TAP contract being serviced by two companies, one blames the other for all of the shortcomings.

Personnel and salary cuts and increased requirements have crippled the program. A five manned Financial Counselor team was reduced to one man who was expected to perform the duties of the original team. Management at all levels have been made aware of the possible degradation of the integrity of the program. Their response was to increase the workload. "Take it or leave it" pretty much.

In this job, we are required to travel, work weekends and holidays, but it takes an act of congress for the travel request/voucher approval process.

It is frustrating trying to understand the logic of the stringent educational requirements, (Masters Level) versus the Salary. ($32,000 Ann Salary is laughable)

The personnel turnover rate is un-heard of. It is mainly do to the lack of trust in the leadership and the perception of further cuts in the budgets. In a matter of 20 months that I have been employed, I count 16 employees who have resigned or simply walked off the job. Employees are afraid they may be told their jobs are secure but receive a notice of termination a week later as it has happened in the past.

As a former military service member of over 20 years I know that being a productive member of a team is integral to mission accomplishment. Although my fellow counselors do make every effort to
  more... assist one another and make mission, those efforts are quickly overshadowed by the perception that the company just does not care.

I write this review so emphatically because I have discussed these issues with members of management and government representatives to no avail.
Pros
Providing the much needed financial services to U.S. Servicemembers.
Cons
No room for advancement, laughable salary, Personnel attrition, Leadership does not care about employee, Take it or leave it culture, low morale, .
Alright
Data entry (Current Employee) –  Rogers, AR 72756February 9, 2017
It is an ok job with a decent pay. I have been working here for 2 full years and I feel that it is time for a change because I have fallen into a boring routine
Production
GENERAL CLERK III LEAD (Current Employee) –  Lawton, OKFebruary 9, 2017
Management is not the best and very hard to deal with but a typical day is super calm when you are left alone. We focus on helping consumers. Meeting new people was the best part of the job.
Pros
peers
Cons
management
General Clerk II
General Clerk II (Current Employee) –  Rogers, ARFebruary 8, 2017
• Process consumers Applications for Obama Care
• Call consumers to retrieve info to complete their application
• Have them send in or upload additional or different documents
• Call consumers to update their mailing address, due to return mail
• Expire applications after their clock end date, and no additional info was found
Pros
having every Holiday off with pay
Cons
alot of down time
They treat you like children
General Clerk II (Current Employee) –  Wentzville, MOFebruary 8, 2017
Government data
Shift started 6:30 to 3pm
This job has benefits
Distribution clerk (Current Employee) –  Lincoln, NEFebruary 6, 2017
It is an ok job. You get your pay and health insurance, but your stock on the bottom of the food chain no advancement. People have had mandatory over time 12 hour days for 9 months straight. No time off.
Pros
Health Insurance
Cons
No advancement
This Company has Outstanding Benefits and Is an Overall Decent Job
General Clerk II (Former Employee) –  Wentzville, MOFebruary 4, 2017
I truly Loved working for Serco, however it is a contract job. There wasn't adequate training and a lot of disorganization. Management never knew what was going on and couldn't answer any of your questions or assist you with any issues. They just told you to read the work instructions. The work instruction were not clear and poorly written, and the work instructions changed constantly and even while you're processing applications without notice and everything counted against you. There was a lot of pressure to get numbers rather than taking care of the customer. The computers constantly went down but regardless, your clock was constantly running and nothing was taken into consideration.You were still responsible for processing so much work even though you were not able to due to computer issues. Its a paperless environment also, so you cannot manually continue working. Both aspects counted against you even though there was no proper training and you could easily lose your job over numbers or quality. There is a high turnover, at first it wasn't like that. The wages are good and the benefits are Outstanding. They even have a company picnic annually to show appreciation.
Pros
Great Benefits and Good Pay
Cons
Lack of training and poor management
Company too large to care about their people
Logistics Analyst I (Current Employee) –  Fairborn, OH 45324February 1, 2017
The company was far too large. The computer systems they utilize to conduct their business with employees is outdated, clunky and convoluted. There are multiple websites a person needs to go to that require different log in information in order to conduct company business. Very poor designs and a waste of employee time.
General Clerk (Former Employee) –  Lawton, OKJanuary 31, 2017
Good place to work, sit down all day, computer skills required, alot of people work here, management build you up. hardest part is sitting all day and not being able to move
Social workplace
Serco (Former Employee) –  Wentzville, MOJanuary 31, 2017
A typical day of work would consist of most importantly getting there on time, not a minute late! Find your seat, typical meeting with team and supervisor on what the day may consist of and how much work is out there. Begin your 8 hour day of work including two 15 minute breaks and a 30 minute lunch. Completing health insurance applications, and handling issues while making outbound calls to consumers. At the end of your shift you will then complete your timecard of everything you have done that day.
Great job!!
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Campbellsville, KYJanuary 31, 2017
The job itself is wonderful, some process's could be improved however the job itself is wonderful. I left seeking a different path in which I am happy with overall.
Director, Business Development (Former Employee) –  Reston, VAJanuary 30, 2017
Always available to answer questions or work an action for the Company or the Customer. Travel to engage customer was a must! Received valuable feedback to use as lessons learned.
Pros
Able to management work place environment
Cons
Available during normal off-duty hours

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Serco. Our community is ready to answer.