Serco Employee Reviews

Dysfunctional Workplace
Career Counselor (Former Employee) –  Fort Bragg, NCJune 22, 2016
Thee best part of the job is working with the service members. Managers are micro-manged and therefore micro-manage staff. Salary is far below standard for the job and wage is increases are very minimal. There is no advancement or incentives for what the company lacks. Not all coworkers are friendly some make it difficult to build a team environment. No professionalism.
Pros
working with service members
Cons
minimal salary, no incentives, no advancement, unprofessional and micromanaged
Work life
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  London, KYOctober 15, 2016
Work life balance was not very good, management was excellent, and supervisors were very understanding. People are great. Loved it just hated sitting for 8hrs not doing anything on days
Not for everyone.
General Clerk III (Former Employee) –  London, KYDecember 29, 2016
The work is intermittent and dependent on applications for ACA health insurance to be submitted. Typical day consisted of document verification and calls to consumers about documents needed to advance applications. I learned a great deal about government supported insurance. Team management was excellent but upper management struggled to give clear and concise direction. Co-workers were tolerable. Hardest part of the job was walking into the building and the most enjoyable was leaving.
My position was not a position you could advance from
General Clerk II (Former Employee) –  Wentzville, MOJune 27, 2016
Made phone calls to consumers for information for the Affordable Care Act benefits were not as good as thought in the beginning no room for advancement unless you went to 2nd shift and then you could reapply for 1st shift.
My immediate manager and the Site manager were great loved working with the people I worked with
Customers were to be expected not everybody is happy with the Healthcare.gov
It's a joke
AmEx Travel Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Campbellsville, KYNovember 15, 2016
The upper management never seemed to care about what was going on in your life outside of work. There was one time a girl had a seizure while AT work and the time counted against her when they were the ones that called the ambulance and she was taken to the hospital and admitted. It used to be, if you had a doctors note the time would not count against you. Then it changed to even with a doctors note, they counted the time against you if you didn't have the PTO to cover.
Good Company
Senior Cyber Security Enginner (Current Employee) –  WPAFBAugust 31, 2016
I have worked for SERCO twice as a contractor for the USAF. Both instances where rewarding and the management always looked out for their people. Salary and benefits are good and better than most.
Army Reserves and DA Civilian
Verification Task Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Rogers, ARSeptember 15, 2016
Working with both entities was, at times, very enjoyable and, at times, very difficult. The most difficult part of being in the military is being away from your loved ones during deployments and annual training events. The best part of the job was that what was expected of me was always clear and concise and I never questioned my leadership.

What I learned is teamwork and brotherhood as we worked together toward a common goal and I always trusted my fellow soldiers to have my back. If I had to do it all over again, I would, twice.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Always gone
Was great place until layed off
Engineer Technician II (Former Employee) –  Chesapeake, VAJune 27, 2016
Unfortunately I liked the workers but management seemed to not know us at all unless you were one of the boys. Advancement was not fair, or even offered if you worked hard. They never used me according to my skill set even after doing the bottom type jobs with a good attitude was never acknowledged.
Pros
pay was ok
Cons
advancement never offered and lack of jobs led to layoffs.
Productive workplace with that assist soldiers in their transition.
Career Counselor (Former Employee) –  Fort Campbell, KYOctober 25, 2016
Passionate and well-qualified Professional Career Counselor experienced in briefing and counseling Soldiers in all stages of their transition. Excels in implementing professional development plans for transitioning Soldiers who aim to enter the workforce upon separation. Adept at coaching Soldiers through roadblocks in their transition identifying opportunities for training and professional development.
Management Issues
Task Supervisor (Former Employee) –  London, KYAugust 11, 2016
Management was rarely to be seen. There was not much interaction with staff. There were also a lot of office politics and favoritism toward staff. In the beginning, it was a joyous place to work for. It took nearly three years to be promoted.
Good place to work.
Quality Assurance Production Control Clerk (Current Employee) –  Lawton, OKOctober 3, 2016
As a QA Production Control Clerk my day typical deals with gathering, analyzing, and disseminating data reports to supervisors, deputy site managers, and the site manager. These reports show a snapshot of the quality and performance output of task management teams. My military experience has allowed me to adapt to a constantly evolving environment in regards to policies and regulations.
Pros
Stress free work environment.
Cons
short breaks and lunch break.
Very productive and provided a great deal of training to staff.
Personnel Employment Assistant II, Navy Contractor (Former Employee) –  Norfolk Naval Station, VAJanuary 11, 2017
Typical days were extremely busy. The most enjoyable part of the job was meeting so many wonderful people and satisfying their needs. I enjoyed my customers leaving with a smile. Management could have been better.
Prefessional Organization
Air Traffic Manager (Former Employee) –  Mather, CAMarch 4, 2016
Serco is a very good company with very professional employees. While working in the Air traffic Control / Transportation side for over 13 years, I had great experiences dealing with flying community, tenants, and the airport. Staff at the Personal Management Office were very supportive for many years. Great Orginazational Culture.
Pros
Benefits and culture - A professional environment
Cons
Staffing issues: both in ATC facilities and Management office, at times minimal support
Mostly a great company to work for.
GCII telephone support-customer service (Current Employee) –  Rogers, AR 72756January 5, 2017
I have enjoyed working with the company , however the contract will end in 2018. There are fewer roles for advancement. The bosses are mostly great to work with. I wish to find employment closer to home.
Pros
Use of Business Academy, out early afternoon
Cons
Downtime, frequent changes in WI, scrit, and processes.
Serco Inc.
General Clerk III (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJune 30, 2016
My job at Serco Inc. was just that, a "job". Although I was happy helping people receive health coverage through the ACA (Affordable Care Act), I was not satisfied with the day to day routine. I began to feel like I was just there for a paycheck over time and I began losing interest for my "job", I did not see an honest career opportunity for me at Serco Inc.

The most enjoyable part of my job was talking to different consumers. When I was able to approve them for meeting the requirements of the ACA program, their joy became my own. My co-workers were nice and my team got along very well as well as my supervisor.

What I learned at Serco Inc., was call center type jobs/careers are not for me, working a night shift is not for me either. Interaction with my co-workers is a must, and I really enjoy helping people, I get enjoyment out of people achieving their goals, if I can help I am happy as well.
Pros
Everyone was focused on maintaining a high standard
Cons
Talking was not allowed on the production floor
Productive workplace that serves community
ESW III (Former Employee) –  Lawton, OKMay 11, 2016
Review and submitting healthcare applications.
I learned how to evaluate healthbcare application.s
Management would find answers needed.
My co-workers worked well with teaching each other.
The hardest part of the job is not being able to assist with healthcare insurance.
The most enjoyable part of the job is "stand up" gives recognition to employees and company updates.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Short lunch breaks
Great Company Overall
Analyst (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CANovember 2, 2016
Working as an analyst at Serco is not a tedious job, the work load expected is highly achievable. Guidance is minimal which works well if you're a problem solver or like puzzles. Environment is friendly and clean.
Pros
Great environment, flexible
Cons
Limited chance of career advancement
bad company
General Clerk I (Current Employee) –  Reston, VAJuly 11, 2016
please see previous review of Serco INC. This company is a really bad company to work for. would not recommend anyone work here.
Pros
weekends off
Cons
bad management, poor benefits, horrible compensation, no OT
Worthwhile position with poor compensation
Transition Counselor (Former Employee) –  KYOctober 25, 2016
Great program to support soldiers and their families.

Disgruntled co-workers due to poor compensation. Position requires a Masters degree but pays like a high school dropout.

Contractor gets the money not the employees that work for them.
Pros
Give back to soldiers and their families
Cons
Compensation
Need a lot of fine tuning
General Clerk III (Former Employee) –  Lawton, OKDecember 27, 2016
This company has always had its problems. You are tied to your desk for 8 hours of the day. If you have a health condition you better be able to have a doctors note to accommodate it. Work life balance doesn't exist. If you don't have the vacation time/sick time then you are basically out of a job.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Serco. Our community is ready to answer.