Serco Employee Reviews

unstable work enviroment
General Clerk III (Former Employee) –  Rogers, AROctober 26, 2017
The workload was inconsistent, some days we were very busy and some days we had no work at all. The work instructions changed constantly and sometimes there was no clear instructions or answers as to work instructions. Management was not always honest.
Pros
Great Benefits
Cons
Inconsistent work load and direction
Just a job
General Clerk II (Former Employee) –  Lawton, OKOctober 25, 2017
Just a job until the company wants to lay over 200 people off at one time with out notice and you're micro managed by the supervisors. Some to none work to do
Loved it
Government Contractor (Former Employee) –  Fairfax, VAOctober 20, 2017
Great people, great work, loved it. We did a lot of work, but also had great parties and great benefits. The management was very understanding and I would gladly go back there.
Good company to work for
General Clerk II, Eligibility Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Wentzville, MOOctober 20, 2017
A good company to work for, and I am now anticipating returning to Serco. They had laid off a large number of people due to lack of work, but started calling them back.
Serco
General Clerk III (Former Employee) –  Wentzville, MO 63385October 20, 2017
A typical day at work I will come into work and sit there for 10hour not doing anything not because I choose not to because my supervisor would tell our team that there is no work in the system so the whole entire site is basically sitting at work just talking we get I trouble for talking we not allowed to read books talk or be turned around in our chairs for those long hours of we are at work.
Pros
the pay is good
Cons
some supervisors micro manage
Welding
Welder (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAOctober 19, 2017
I do not want to leave but they have no job for me they say the job is slow. A lot of people is jumping companies and I need a paycheck every week. it was really good because I learn a lot but I need to continue working
Pros
good place to work
Cons
no contracts
Good place
MIS Specialist-Data Validation (Current Employee) –  Detroit, MIOctober 19, 2017
Great place to make life long friends. Contract changes does not guarantee your position. Flexible hours. Management is great and easy to talk communicate with.
Pros
Great staff
Good
Employee (Former Employee) –  Fort Leonard Wood, MOOctober 18, 2017
Very supportive company for employees. Pay and benefits could be improved. Lots of opportunities worldwide for career development and advancement in chosen field.
Good luck
Director of Partner Relations (Former Employee) –  Reston, VA 20190October 16, 2017
I am not in agreement that Indeed is forcing people to review their employer and then post the information. There are betters ways to obtain data than by forcing like this is being done to me.
Fast Pace
GC3 (Current Employee) –  Lawton, OKOctober 15, 2017
It gets very loud in the job site. The work is easy if you pay attention to instructions. Listening to music while working is the best thing to me. Keeps me focused
Great opportunity to help people.
GCIII (Current Employee) –  Lawton, OKOctober 13, 2017
It's an awesome place to work. Flexible schedule with paid time off available. GREAT Benefits and 2 weeks paid vacation on your yearly anniversary. Paid holidays.
A bit repetitive but not bad
General Clerk III (Former Employee) –  Rogers, AROctober 11, 2017
I generally prefer a work environment that gives me the opportunity to something different every day. This is not the case at Serco, however it is a good steady job with nice benefits.
Pros
40 hours a week guaranteed
Cons
Repetitive, can be stressful
very fast paced
TRAVEL CONSULTANT (Former Employee) –  virtualOctober 9, 2017
days go by real quick because this was a very fast paced job. Team is very supportive. Team lead is always available to help. very strict on monitored calls
its work not a game room
Technician II (Current Employee) –  Seminole County, FLOctober 6, 2017
god place to work challenging new opportunities to expand your knowledge. work on many different type of equipment . lot of field work good environment. no pin pong tables its a work place yes we had a lunch room with a tv.
Pros
many oportunities
Cons
they lost the contract with the city.
Very Toxic and unstable
Personal Financial Counselor (Former Employee) –  Fort Lee, VAOctober 4, 2017
Lack of clear direction/ communication from management. Very hostile work environment at Fort Lee. Manager is not capable of performing well at her job or providing support to team members.
Not productive
Force Integrator (Former Employee) –  Ft. Hood, TXOctober 4, 2017
The management was not self-starter. Lack the stills to improve workplace and culture for long period of time. I learned what not to do in the workplace
Minimal interaction from management
Call Center Agent (Former Employee) –  Rogers, ARSeptember 30, 2017
The management is terrible. They only care about themselves. The job is not very secure. You never know how long they will stay open. Constantly cut hours.
Pros
Paid Hollidays
Cons
Lack of managment interaction
Serco work day
OK. General Clerk III (Former Employee) –  Lawton, OKSeptember 30, 2017
Working at serco was an experience helping consumers with their insurance to even helping each other on the floor. A typical day at Serco was a little stressful jumping from the different types of tasks that was excepted and the rushing of work to be done, but when it came to supervisors they were okay but the upper management did not seem to know how to talk to the clerks, they always seemed to talk down on everyone.
Great job experience
ASSEMBLER (Former Employee) –  Charleston, SCSeptember 30, 2017
I love this job cause we got to travel around the world living in different places and going and working on naval air station's it was s great experience
Meh
General Clerk II (Current Employee) –  Rogers, ARSeptember 29, 2017
Your peers are the best thing about this place. Pay is fair for what your doing. Holidays are great. Its not a terrible place to work if you like to be micro managed and "thrown for a loop" on a daily bases.
Pros
Good Peers, Paid Holidays
Cons
Insurence is REALLY high for Family or Dependents.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Serco. Our community is ready to answer.