SERCO

SERCO Employer Reviews

Serco
Data Entry Operator II (Former Employee), Lincoln, NEJune 24, 2014
The job isn't bad itself, but with no pay raises or opportunities to advance, it is not an ideal job for a young person.
Easy job
Quality Control Specialist (Former Employee), Lawton, OkJune 24, 2014
Pros: great hours, ok pay, pretty good benefits
Cons: management needs more training
Pretty decent place to work. You work mon-fri, 630-3, some days its very busy and some not. You have a lot of co workers which means there is a lot of he say, she say (gossip).
Learning everyday.
AutoCAD Drafter/Designer (Current Employee), Two Harbors, MNJune 9, 2014
Pros: good starting pay.
Cons: no overtime.
I love working for Serco. My experience grows each day and I become more proficient at the programs I use.
GOOD
Lead Personnel Assistant II (Former Employee), FORT DIX, NJJune 6, 2014
Pros: good working hiours
Cons: healthcare
MEETING PEOPLE AND SUPPORTING THE TROOPS, MANAGMENT WAS VERY GOOD. SEEING TROOPS LEAVING FOR WAR. SEEING CO-WORKERS AND TROOPS RETURNING BACK FROM WAR
Productive place to work
Material Handler (Current Employee), Rockville ,MDJune 5, 2014
signing in & out deliveries.
deliver dry ice.
write a daily report.
Great company to work for.
Solutions Architect (Current Employee), Mechanicsburg, PAJune 4, 2014
Pros: great job culture
Cons: very stressfull
Great company to work for. Easy going management. Great benefits
Great company Great people
Property Book Officer/ Team Lead (Current Employee), Property Book OfficerJune 2, 2014
Pros: healthcare, vacation, pay
Cons: n/a
During my time with Serco I worked in a fast paced atmosphere with trained professionals. I would recommend this company to anyone that likes accurate, responsive management.
New business in the area
Data Entry, General Clerk II, General Clerk III (Current Employee), Rogers, ARMay 29, 2014
There is plenty of learning on a daily basis. The people are great and so are the benefits
Can be a rewarding career
General Clerk I (Current Employee), Lee's Summit, MOMay 29, 2014
Pros: 10 hr. shifts / subcontract of government
Cons: not so goog benefits
I go in 4 days a week for 10 hours which gives me 3 days off. Very routined and not a challenge for me.Management is fine. Coworkers are very nice but many see this job as a starter to get into something better within the government. The hardest part can be sitting at a desk for 10 hours only because it doesn't present any challenges. The most enjoyable – more... part is working on the paperwork to help individuals become a United States Citizen – less
The company
Data Entry Clerk II (Former Employee), Lawton, OKMay 23, 2014
Pros: they some times had good events going on
Cons: depending on your boss if he likes you.. you will not get fired
It was ok for the moment while I was there but the company could have planed out more than what they have thrown together.
Excellent Exposure
SAP Basis Consultant (Former Employee), Birmingham,May 20, 2014
Have worked for various clients of Serco, so again excellent exposure.
Good work culture, Managers are friendly and supportive.
Big open space alot of new people to meet
Travel Agent (Current Employee), Campbellsville, KYMay 15, 2014
Pros: working with friends
Cons: hours, management
i learned to use good customer services making sure the customer is pleased whenever the customer hangs up that phone. Also how to sell a room throwing the best, the good, then the better just to give the customers the options of which rooms are going to best suit them on their travels.
the work at Serco we fun
Marine Electrician (Former Employee), chesapeake vaMay 15, 2014
i love the work at servo they have good people to work with you do a lot of work out of town that what maed it fun to work there
Fair pay and plenty of work for some, not all.
General Clerk III (Current Employee), Lawton, OKMay 11, 2014
Pros: great hours
Cons: work / socializing time should be more towards work.
The job itself is good. The pay is fair for the amount and type of work done. The environment is a bit childish with lots of people and sometimes not enough to work to do.
Co workers are the best
General Clerk II/Data Entry (Current Employee), Wentzville, MOMay 9, 2014
There is a lot of wasted time sitting because of lack of work.
Subcontracts Administrator (Former Employee), Reston, VAMay 8, 2014
I enjoyed working for Serco because of the family-like environment. My co-workers became family. The management treated the team like family. I learned a great deal working there and I was able to develop skillsets that allowed me to grow in the role I'm in now.
worst company ever.
Military Personnel Specialist (Former Employee), Aberdeen Proving Ground, MDMay 8, 2014
Cons: pay, benefits, training.
Serco is a company that does not care about its employees. They do not offer any pay raises and the benefits are terrible. The complany does not offer any advancement opportunities or training.
Working for Serco and VDOT
(TOC) Control Room Operator (Current Employee), Virginia Beach, VAMay 6, 2014
A typical workday as a Control Room Operator with Serco at the Virginia Department of Transportation Operations Center involves monitoring the interstate system via CCTV and providing assistance to disabled motorists. Additionally, we provide real-time critical road condition information to the public to better assist in their day-today transit. In – more... the vent of vehicle accidents or emergency situations, we liaise with State and local authorities to provide assistance to the aforementioned motorist.

Management is hands-on, which is a welcomed asset.

The hardest part of the job is seeing a motorist in need and knowing that you can only provide assistance based on the resources that are presently available.

The most enjoyable part of the day comes when you find that doing your small part has helped a person in ways you could never imagine. Maybe the assistance you provided to that disabled motorist helped that person make it to work on time, which helped them keep their job and food their table. Secondly, the co-workers make this job a rewarding experience. Everyone hails from different backgrounds and share amazing life experiences, which in turn makes for a more cohesive unit. – less
Mail Equipment Service Center
Quality Auditor (Former Employee), Warrendale, PAMay 5, 2014
Great place to work until it shut down 1-2010. No longer in business.
Business Analyst (Current Employee), Fairfax, VAMay 5, 2014
Serco is an exceptional company. The benefits are reasonable however, they can improve the medical expenses.

About SERCO

Serco employs over 100,000 people in more than 30 countries, delivering local services informed by many years of international – Read more