Serco Employee Reviews in United States

Definite no no no when working for this company
Travel Care Professional (Former Employee) –  Fargo, NDJuly 13, 2016
I did the remote position with their company. At first I thought this was the job that I have really been looking for. After 13 weeks of training I found out quickly I should have just kept the job I had before that would work with my weekend position. This company before hiring explained to me and many other people that they would be able to work a certain type of schedule. When time came for use to get those schedules they refused to comply. After going through all the different avenues of trying to get the change they refused every single time. It came to the point that I had lost so much time, lost my weekend job that I had been doing for 6 years and losing the job I let go of a month into this one. They were quite heartless and placed all blame on me and even lied saying I voluntarily left causing me to lose my unemployment case. I warn everyone I can all the time this is the worst company to work for. It's sad because if it wasn't for that stupid stuff I may have stayed because helping the clients was so amazing and great for me!
Pros
Great clientele, fun helping, fun helping with travel arrangements
Cons
Horrible management, scheduling that was not promised, dishonest company
Super Serco
Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Fairborn, OHSeptember 28, 2015
The commitment to Work Life balance is unprecedented. Super culture where respect and honesty are not only valued but realized. I learned a ton and got more opportunities to tackle new projects than I expected in such a large company.
Pros
Awesome culture, good pay, passionate leadership
Cons
Instability of contract work
My position was not a position you could advance from
General Clerk II (Former Employee) –  Wentzville, MOJune 27, 2016
Made phone calls to consumers for information for the Affordable Care Act benefits were not as good as thought in the beginning no room for advancement unless you went to 2nd shift and then you could reapply for 1st shift.
My immediate manager and the Site manager were great loved working with the people I worked with
Customers were to be expected not everybody is happy with the Healthcare.gov
Productive and fun working environment
Participant Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Clintwood, VAJune 10, 2016
At Serco I was taught great customer service skills and how to interact with my peers. The management at Serco was wonderful. They always went out of there way to help you with anything you needed weather it was at work or outside of work, At Serco you are mostly on the phone dealing with federal employees retirement accounts and explaining how to do loans/withdrawals from the account.
-_-
Data Entry (Current Employee) –  Rogers, ARNovember 4, 2015
This company has it's ups and downs but before I would have referred anyone to work there and now not so much. They don't give raises unless you move up then getting to move up is impossible
Multitasking and a multitude of projects
Production Control Clerk (Current Employee) –  Wentzville, MOMay 26, 2016
Serco is a a company that is very different from any other. Mostly it can give entry level employees a chance to increase their skills in utilizing computers, software programs, and improve customer service. Each site varies from rules and responsibilities, but overall it can be a great experience if your mindset is there.
Pros
Good pay, 401k, Vacation
Cons
Unorganized, inconsistent recruitment techniques
Terrible place to work
Engineering Technician I (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAOctober 8, 2015
This was the most stressful, negative, childish place I've ever seen, let alone worked for. No support from management, they expected you to know what they were thinking, lots of things going on behind people's backs. A terrible place.
Pros
None.
Cons
Terrible management, workers, culture
Great company to work for
Community Outreach Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Belle Chasse, LAFebruary 26, 2016
The company has been a great support and has had great managers on staff. The contract business is a risky one with no security.
Pros
Decent slary
Cons
Contract work, job security
Productive workplace that serves community
ESW III (Former Employee) –  Lawton, OKMay 11, 2016
Review and submitting healthcare applications.
I learned how to evaluate healthbcare application.s
Management would find answers needed.
My co-workers worked well with teaching each other.
The hardest part of the job is not being able to assist with healthcare insurance.
The most enjoyable part of the job is "stand up" gives recognition to employees and company updates.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Short lunch breaks
Great Culture and Leadership
Director, Corporate Strategy (Current Employee) –  Reston, VASeptember 28, 2015
Serco has a great culture and acts similar to a small company even though it is a large global corporation. I have had the opportunity to work closely with the Executive Management Team and embrace the leadership principles they have instilled within me.
A great job
General Clerk II (Former Employee) –  Lawton, OKJuly 1, 2015
This job provided regular work hours with great medical and retirement benefits. The management was very perceptive to the employees feeling and beliefs. You worked very closely with your teammates and had to learn how to manage many different personalities in a small area. The hardest part about the job was just sitting in front of the computer for 8 straight hours. The most enjoyable part about the job was when you were able to get insurance to someone who would have been denied in the years prior to the system being put in place.
Pros
Benefits and regular work hours with possible overtime
Cons
Sometimes it could be hard to advance because of the number of employees
General Clerk III (Former Employee) –  Wentzville, MONovember 5, 2015
Most of the time the systems are down, the job functions changes day by day, management is not on the same page, my co-workers are beautiful people to work with, the hardest part of the job is staying awake, the most enjoyable part of the job is being able to come to work and know exactly what my job consist of. Serco can be a good company to work for if the company was more organized.
Pros
meeting excellent people
Cons
not really knowing what job will consist of for the day or week.
interesting projects, but poor job security
Engineer I (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAFebruary 5, 2016
teamwork was stressed to work together on projects dealing with U.S. Navy base upgrades. there was uncertainty as to continuation of projects after current work was completed.
Pros
good people to work with
Cons
no job security
Productive yet rigid workplace with stringent procedues and processes
N/A (Current Employee) –  Reston, VASeptember 30, 2015
My experience has Serco has opened my eyes to the real world and for that I couldn't be happier. It's shown me what I want in a job and what I don't want. The easiest part of my job is the people I work with and being able to flex my creativity where I can, breaking protocol just to have an ounce of what it feels like to liberate myself from corporate responsibility. Other times, it makes me come home to drink a beer, or three. There are good days and bad days, but at the end of the day, it has shown me what the real world has to offer: the chance to seek advancement, opportunity, and betterment.
A lot of facilitatig
Installation Lead Victim Advocate (Former Employee) –  Fort Rucker, ALJune 3, 2016
I enjoyed facilitating groups. Also,providing briefings to various groups on military installation. I also enjoyed talking and helping the victims.
I learned how to maximize and prioritize my time to get the job done.
Co- workers were very helpful and good to work with.
The hardest part was scheduling training.
Pros
Respectful of employees, good benefits
Cons
No on sight supervisor
Work force program
General Clerk (Former Employee) –  Wentzville, MOJuly 8, 2016
I would come in and be stationed in different areas of the building that need help. I learned a about filling documents and typing letters for their clients. I also mailed letters to their clients. Management was nice. I the volunteers i worked with was nice and we got along. I enjoyed being in a work environment and learning how to utilize my skills and getting ready for the work the place.
Was great place until layed off
Engineer Technician II (Former Employee) –  Chesapeake, VAJune 27, 2016
Unfortunately I liked the workers but management seemed to not know us at all unless you were one of the boys. Advancement was not fair, or even offered if you worked hard. They never used me according to my skill set even after doing the bottom type jobs with a good attitude was never acknowledged.
Pros
pay was ok
Cons
advancement never offered and lack of jobs led to layoffs.
Positive team; strong team; introduction to Army Human Resources
HR Organizational Consultant / Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLDecember 2, 2015
SERCO was my introduction into the Army Human Resources world. Prior to HR, my career was medical. The SERCO team I had the privilege of working with had a lot of experience, and provided effective instructions. Quickly I learned the job, but not without the skills and abilities of such an effective team of professionals.
Pros
Fun work environment
Productive team evironment
Counselor (Current Employee) –  Fort Riley, KS 66442July 12, 2016
Enjoy working with a diverse group of people. Helping Soldiers is a passion of all Serco workers. You must have a Master Degree to become a Counselor. A satisfying feeling inside when leaving work, knowing that the Soldiers we help will have a better chance of obtaining employment upon their exit of the military.
Pros
Retired Soldiers helping exiting Soldiers
Cons
This place could be a lot better
Quality Assurance Specialist (Former Employee) –  Williamsburg, VANovember 10, 2015
There are a lot of people in key supervisory/management positions whom do not know what they're doing. It seems that certain job titles are given based solely on how well-liked you are and not how qualified you are. Management is a mess; enforcing rules and regulations on the employees who needs them is a joke because the problematic ones pretty much do what they want. The true hard workers are treated unfairly and always have to pick up the slack of the ones who basically get away with dodging work and talking all day - yet getting paid the same rate as the ones who actually work. Moral is completely down and there are no raises. Whatever pay rate they bring you in at, that is what you'll be stuck making for several years to come, regardless of the countless quarterly performance reviews they give you which are pointless with no incentives to boot. Several well-qualified great employees has left after a short time because the management structure is so bad and the pay is not worth it. This is a government contractor company so job security is an issue as well. There are people who has been at this particular work site for 15-20 years with nothing to show for it in terms of a retirement package/pensions/benefits because of the different contractors that come in every few years or so - hence the mouse on a wheel. In retrospect, this is a job that's good if you want to make an OK living temporarily, but if you're looking for a long-term career, this is not a good fit.

The most undesirable part about being a Quality Assurance Specialist for this company is that the Warehouse
  more... Specialist, who's quality of work you're reviewing, makes more money than you! You have the power to pass or fail whatever they submit to you, and they have to present their work in a fashion that is satisfactory to you, but their pay rate is way higher than yours??!! That made absolutely no sense to me and pretty much everyone who works there. Granted, this is an HR issue which brings me to my overall point - there are people in management positions who do not have the skills, qualifications, or education to do their job.  less
Pros
Off every holiday
Cons
Pay, Management, Job Security & Healthcare benefits way overpriced