Serco Employee Reviews in United States

Repetitive work everyday, no guideance throughout the projects, management is cluless of your existance, long commute
Welder 2 (Former Employee) –  Chesapeake, VADecember 29, 2015
As a former employee of Serco inc. I would have to say the little experience I gained while working there was definitely valuable. Unfortunately there were some stipulations I came to find out about near the end of my employment. Management seem to just go through the motions everyday. The company had little to no room for advancement, no matter how much experience or knowledge you possessed. I would have to say the most enjoyable part of my employment was getting to work with my coworkers who actually knew what they were doing and offered some leadership skills. In all the company has its ups and downs.
Cons
unsafe, improper techniques, unprofessionaism
Challenging workplace
Eligibility Worker (Former Employee) –  Lawton, OKJuly 10, 2016
I took this job as a lesson because we had to be prepared for change on a daily and had to adapt. This also allowed me to help clients and give the best service that I could offer within guidelines.
Fun working place with pool table
Traffic Controller (Former Employee) –  Inglewood, CAApril 6, 2016
I enjoyed working for this company. It was a friendly working environment and i enjoyed my coworkers. I learned how alot about working events and the flow of traffic works.
Pros
Good coworkers
Cons
Too short lunch break
Just a Job
Accounts Payable Admin II/Subcontracts Admin (Current Employee) –  Reston, VAMay 4, 2016
Serco does have a lot of diversity, but there is little job security. They hire externally and do not seem to promote from within. The work is challenging and it is hit or miss on management.
bad company
General Clerk I (Current Employee) –  Reston, VAJuly 11, 2016
please see previous review of Serco INC. This company is a really bad company to work for. would not recommend anyone work here.
Pros
weekends off
Cons
bad management, poor benefits, horrible compensation, no OT
Had to relocate.
Verification Specialist (Former Employee) –  Rogers, ARMay 16, 2016
Great company. Cube farm but good people, not unrealistic work loads, most managers are good at what they do, a lot of up time and some down time but 40 hr. weeks.
Pros
Perminant hours
Cons
Can be dull at times.
Government Contract - Reserve Mental Health
Regional Director of Psychological Health (Former Employee) –  Norfolk, VADecember 22, 2015
Great concept to support reservists however, high demands of administrative staff are not conducive with licensed staff expectations, as you spend more time documenting tasks than providing psychological health support.
Pros
Command Support & Pentagon Backing
Cons
unethical practices in documentation & leadership by intimidation
Fast paced environment, good employee recognition
Accounting Administrator II (Former Employee) –  Reston, VAJune 6, 2016
It was a very good company to work for with good rewards and high expectations. They value their employees and recognized good performance.
Very easy job, close proximity to my home.
ESW for a government contractor (Former Employee) –  Lawton, OKMarch 16, 2016
This job was very easy , however it was very redundant on the type of work we did. Easily burnt out doing the same exact task everyday. On the positive side , the job was close to home and weekends were off.
Not Great
Data Entry Operator II (Former Employee) –  Wentzville, MOJune 22, 2016
Granted this was started as a pilot program, but with the computer/network programs, and some management programs. but the benefit are great as along and some of the people i worked with.
Flexible hours
Patent Classifier (Current Employee) –  Harrisonburg, VAJanuary 23, 2016
The company has flexible hours over a long time range
Breaks can be taken when needed without specific lengths
There is a pleasant social atmosphere, frequent pizza lunches and buffets where everyone brings a dish
Pros
frequent free lunches
Cons
There is a production requirement everyone must meet
Poorly Ran
Complex Issue Resolution Specialist (Former Employee) –  Lawton, OKApril 19, 2016
Helping the consumer to insure their health insurance was great. However, when management tries to come in and hinder that, people get angry. CMS is a faulty unit.
Pros
Helping people
Cons
Managment
Good place to start your career
Data Entry (Current Employee) –  Rogers, ARApril 12, 2016
good place to learn the guidelines and do's and don'ts of corporate culture. Lots of down time as there is usually very little work to be done.
Pros
lgreat benifits structure
Cons
little to no work alot of the time
Stay far away
GW3 (Current Employee) –  Lawton, OKDecember 8, 2015
Serco loves to act like it is the best place to work. But they pick and choose when the rules apply. If you trip in the parking lot its not their area. But if someone gets into a verbal confrontation its their area. They kiss up when its employee renewal time, and as soon as its over then they make up rules like no on with over 40 hours of leave without pay or they term you.
Cons
401 K is a joke, They auto enroll you into a market that has a negative return so they can make Serco more money.
I work in a call center in which productivity is vital but quality is al a major factor
General Clerk II (Current Employee) –  Wentzville, MODecember 7, 2015
Fun place to work in a relaxed environment with very supportive and experienced managerial staff. There is definitely room for advancement with decent salary and nice a benefits package. It is a very large company and I work with a very diverse group of colleagues. My job tasks varied from week to week with new and interesting projects therefore breaking the monotony and making the job more challenging.
Pros
THE JOB, MY COLLEAGUES, THE SALARY AND BENEFITS
Cons
NONE. I PREFER HEALTHCARE
Ship repair
Ship Repair, Cable Installer (Former Employee) –  Chesapeake, VAMay 9, 2016
Great job for anyone looking to do ship repair for a career. Lots of friendly faces everyday something new to do. Learned a lot about Naval ships and what it takes to keep them up to pair.
Co-workers
Technical Instructor / Course Developer (Former Employee) –  Wentzville, MOJuly 14, 2016
My co-workers, ie. my training team were awesome and I enjoyed my job. But the job culture was not very friendly and due to a lot of barriers, there was no room to grow.
Positive team; strong team; introduction to Army Human Resources
HR Organizational Consultant / Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLDecember 2, 2015
SERCO was my introduction into the Army Human Resources world. Prior to HR, my career was medical. The SERCO team I had the privilege of working with had a lot of experience, and provided effective instructions. Quickly I learned the job, but not without the skills and abilities of such an effective team of professionals.
Pros
Fun work environment
Government Contractors worldwide
Project Administrator II (Current Employee) –  Chesapeake, VAMay 11, 2016
The company as a whole is a wonderful place to gain experience in government work; as an individual group the schedule is intense and every changing.
Very busy work setting
Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJanuary 25, 2016
As a case manager for SerCo there is not a day that goes by that your caseload does not take you up to the last hour to tackle. The team of individuals employed by SerCo are like a family, leadership is not quite all on the same page but none the less the company operates well.