Serco Employee Reviews

Productive and ever changing place to work.
Task Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Wentzville, MOMay 12, 2017
Serco is a decent company to work for. I've learned many new technical skills and developed my interpersonal skills with my team/peers. One of the greatest benefits of working at Serco is the on the job training.
Pros
Decent pay
Cons
Lack of mgmt. support
Family Readiness Asst (Former Employee) –  Mesa, AZMay 9, 2017
Help Soldiers and Family members during deployments schedule events for them to understand the process. Help them get there insurance and Id cards, wills up to date.
Very knowledgeable
Parking Enforcement Officer (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 9, 2017
Very knowledgeable acquired much knowledge that led me to the understanding of city ordinance city laws in various and things about the city and also Hyten my navigation skills of the city I live in
Pros
Learned a skill
Cons
Training should be longer
Very Pleasent Company to work for
TRANSITION LEAD/SUPERVISOR (Former Employee) –  Fort Lewis, WA 98433May 9, 2017
A typical day at work was relaxing and not very stressful. I learned about the different types of education requirements for service members and their spouses. I didn't think any of the job was hard for me. The most enjoyable part of the job was the company and my co-workers.
productive
CUSTOMER SERVICE/SALES REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Campbellsville, KYMay 8, 2017
productive experience, fast paced. some accounts are better than others in that they are more complex and less repetitive compared to others.overall a good company to work for.
Great place, good people, low pay
Engineering Technician (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAMay 7, 2017
overall a good place to work, don't ever offer training and is pretty hard to advance as a field worker, seems like people with less qualifications get hired at a better position than the ones with more experience , and management does nothing to fix it. easy days and easy install. get to travel to some fun places.
Pros
easy, good people
Cons
pay, pay, oh yeah pay
Great place to work for
GC3 LEAD (Current Employee) –  LAWTON, OKMay 5, 2017
This is a great company to work for the benefits are the best I have seen in a long time, the only reason I,am looking is to relocate it is time for my wife and I to relocate to start a new life.
Fun workplace with horrible pay
Parking Enforcement Officer (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 5, 2017
A typical day at work is we have to be there by 5:30pm and we don't finish until 2am. We first gather together as a group at our home base, collect our equipment, put on our vests, and we head out to the city and write tickets.
Career Counselor at SFL-TAP
Career Counselor (Current Employee) –  Fort Polk, LAMay 5, 2017
We are overworked, overstressed, underpaid, and under valued. I have over 1200 clients on my case load. Management expects 3 employees to do all the work and allows other employees to show up when they want and not pitch in. This might be the worst job I have ever had and I picked blueberries in 100 degree weather during High School. Don't work for this company!
Pros
Healthcare Insurance is good
Cons
Overworked, overstressed, underpaid, and under valued
Overworked and underpaid
Career Counselor (Former Employee) –  Fort Polk, LAMay 4, 2017
The best part of the job was helping the soldier prepare for their transition. The worst part was the management, work environment and pay. The job requires a Masters, yet pays to the equivalent of a Bachelor's degree. Due to the lack of staff, people had to hold their own weight, plus others at the same time. Because of this, it was also difficult to request any time off or have a flexible schedule. Management did not seem to genuinely care about their employees and did not step in to help when needed. You barely had any time to get up and go to the bathroom in between appointments.
Pros
helping soldiers, networking
Cons
underpaid, poor management, no room for growth and overworked
Low pay for education requirement.
Army Career and Alumni Program Career Counselor (Former Employee) –  Fort Stewart, GAMay 4, 2017
The work was easy, but for the education requirement the pay is low. Felt as though if pay was more than would stay also a lot of changes occur from higher up management.
Cons
Low pay
Productive, good people.
Data Entry I (Former Employee) –  London, KYMay 3, 2017
Serco Inc is a good Company and love working there. I've learned so many experienced not only to the company but to all the people I worked with. Supervisors are OK. Just don't like changes of work everyday.
Cons
Good breaks, healthcare, just dont like changes policy on their attendance.
Day to Day
General Clerk (GC1) (Former Employee) –  Lee's Summit, MOMay 1, 2017
Never forgetting who you are helping with the work you do...that is the real reward, something we've all forgotten when we first started.

Certain supervisors would be your greatest assets in your time of need.
n/a
Eligibility Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOMay 1, 2017
There are some good and bad management and the turn over rate is too high for this kind of business. The pay could be more for the work that needs to be performed
This could be a great job and place to work but is was awful due to management and horrible compensation and little to no advancement
Classifier (Former Employee) –  Harrisonburg, VAApril 26, 2017
I was glad to get out of there. They totally take advantage of their employees and do not evaluate jobs and advancement based on performance or experience. Salary raises were well below national standard.
Pros
flexible schedule except for almost full time overtime requirements, but how you fit the overtime in was usually somewhat flexible, meaning during the week or on the weekend, but not always
Cons
entry level pay and barely any pay raises. Very flat organization
Almost Organized
General Clerk II (Current Employee) –  Rogers, ARApril 26, 2017
The hours were good, but doing the job wasn't as black and white as it could be. Could use some improvements. The guidance system that higher educated individual write, do not completely understand how to do the job, so some of the tasks we have to do doesn't always follow the guidance system, which make the job a bit frustrating until you become more familiar with the job. But once you become familiar with something it get changed.
Pros
good hours
Cons
too many changes
Poor work environment
Patent Classifier (Former Employee) –  Harrisonburg, VAApril 26, 2017
The primary benefit to this job is that the schedule is extremely flexible and the work is relatively simple. The downside is that after a couple of months it begins to get boring. I also didn't care for the work culture which drove me to leave.
Pros
Flexible work schedule
Cons
Hostile work environment
Nice Company To work
Data Analyst (Former Employee) –  Hyderabad, Andhra PradeshApril 25, 2017
It was a good experience at Serco. The company has good IT Staff,an individual can learn lot in this company. This company is a great place to start your career.
Great job to start your career
Complex Issue Resolution Verification Specialist (Current Employee) –  Wentzville, MOApril 25, 2017
A typical day at work involves analyzing issues, determining the best resolution and communicating to consumer what actions are needed to resolve issues. The hardest part is that at any given moment you are to switch task and the way it is performed.
Great starter
General Clerk II (Former Employee) –  Lawton, OKApril 24, 2017
Positive attitude all around. Great place to seek advances. And learning experience. Keep to yourself you will enjoy your time there. Slow time periods

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Serco. Our community is ready to answer.