Serco Employee Reviews in United States

This place could be a lot better
Quality Assurance Specialist (Former Employee) –  Williamsburg, VANovember 10, 2015
There are a lot of people in key supervisory/management positions whom do not know what they're doing. It seems that certain job titles are given based solely on how well-liked you are and not how qualified you are. Management is a mess; enforcing rules and regulations on the employees who needs them is a joke because the problematic ones pretty much do what they want. The true hard workers are treated unfairly and always have to pick up the slack of the ones who basically get away with dodging work and talking all day - yet getting paid the same rate as the ones who actually work. Moral is completely down and there are no raises. Whatever pay rate they bring you in at, that is what you'll be stuck making for several years to come, regardless of the countless quarterly performance reviews they give you which are pointless with no incentives to boot. Several well-qualified great employees has left after a short time because the management structure is so bad and the pay is not worth it. This is a government contractor company so job security is an issue as well. There are people who has been at this particular work site for 15-20 years with nothing to show for it in terms of a retirement package/pensions/benefits because of the different contractors that come in every few years or so - hence the mouse on a wheel. In retrospect, this is a job that's good if you want to make an OK living temporarily, but if you're looking for a long-term career, this is not a good fit.

The most undesirable part about being a Quality Assurance Specialist for this company is that the Warehouse
  more... Specialist, who's quality of work you're reviewing, makes more money than you! You have the power to pass or fail whatever they submit to you, and they have to present their work in a fashion that is satisfactory to you, but their pay rate is way higher than yours??!! That made absolutely no sense to me and pretty much everyone who works there. Granted, this is an HR issue which brings me to my overall point - there are people in management positions who do not have the skills, qualifications, or education to do their job.  less
Pros
Off every holiday
Cons
Pay, Management, Job Security & Healthcare benefits way overpriced
I enjoyed what I did and became more understanding of the immigration system.
General Clerk (Former Employee) –  Lee's Summit, MOOctober 17, 2015
My typical day was never ever typical. "Change" was always in our vocabulary because we were contractors for the government and the rules and regulations could changed daily or not at all.

Getting work to my desk was first and it required obtaining files. Sometimes the temporary and permanent files needed to be combined physically and searches done on them using the computer to determine the accuracy of the applicant.

Some of my co-workers and I built some friendships and with others, we were just friendly and got along very well in our work together.

The hardest part of the job was definitely carrying the boxes of files. They weighed about 40 pounds each. Fortunately there were carts for our use. They still were heavy boxes when taking them from or putting them back on the file shelves.

I think the most enjoyable part of the job for me was receiving "good work" awards from my supervisor. You got the award only when your work was 100% accurate.
Pros
One mile from my home so no traffic to deal with.
Cons
Benefits, and salary
Productive and helpful place
GENERAL CLERK 1 (Former Employee) –  Fort Polk, LAJanuary 24, 2016
Serco provided us with a good pay, and good health benefits. I started of working for a sub- company that was also owned by Serco. After the sub-company left Serco took over and let us keep our old position.
Program Director (Former Employee) –  White Sands, NMSeptember 24, 2015
Serco provides their employees with an outstanding Job Work/Life Balance work environment. Serco also provided a comprehensive package of benefits to the employees.
Pros
Allows employees to take care of family matter but still meet working requirements
A great "Starter" job
GENERAL CLERK I (Current Employee) –  Lees Summit, MODecember 9, 2015
This is a great place for High School graduates and people close to retiring to work. Unfortunately, there is not a lot of room for advancement or professional development.
Pros
Great place to introduce yourself to a work environment
Cons
No room for professional development
Its alright,could be better
General Clerk II (Current Employee) –  Lawton, OKAugust 14, 2015
Not that much room for advancement. There are some room for change but that won't happen. Too many young people work here that have no self respect. There are rules/dress code that aren't enforced at all times like it should only when it is convenient for the management.
Cons
too many young people work here, no advancement
job security/fun work place
General Clerk (Current Employee) –  Wentzville, MOJune 4, 2016
the company says they care about the consumers but they don't like to hear different ways that they can better the operations. They treat the employee's horrible. they don't care if we are sick and we could infect others. for the work we do we don't get paid enough. our attendance policy is horrible.
Basically good place to work
General Clerk II - Process Insurance Applications (Current Employee) –  Rogers, ARMay 6, 2016
Good place to work with good pay and good people. The hours start early but you are also off work by 3 o'clock at the latest. My supervisor was a great guy and really worked hard to make each team member feel appreciated
Pros
Fairly easy computer job
Cons
Start time 6 a.m.
Unstable and unclear Productive line
Complex issue resolution esw (Former Employee) –  London, KYMay 18, 2016
In the 2 years i was here i was slotted for over 120 different job titles. each of which was (my job). i was over looked for advancement because i didnt have a 2 year degree.
Pros
Ice Machine and Filtered water after 2 years
Cons
supervisors knew less then the staff
Working for Serco Inc.
Data Entry Specialist (Former Employee) –  Mesquite, TXApril 29, 2015
A typical day at Serco Inc. for Data Entry II was pretty simple work. Review files and just input the visas into ELLIS. I learned a lot about diversity, attention to detail, and small team leadership.

The management was amazing while I worked at Serco. They treated everyone like family, and it was a really relaxed environment.

The workers come from different backgrounds, and were friendly.
The hardest part of the job to me was working the 2nd shift 3 to 1130 pm. I had to change my sleeping habits, but in about a week I was on track.

The most enjoyable part of the job was just being around people and working for a company that treat you like family.
Pros
Amazing discounts on almost anything you can imagine
Cons
Benefits cost too much
Fun social place to grow and excel
Traffic controll officer (Former Employee) –  Inglewood, CAJune 21, 2016
Over i loved the job was just on call but no bad reviews about this job. Everyone was very polite the bosses were fun and flexible with my time because im in school everything was really pleasant at work.
Pros
Flexible
Cons
On call
Good place if you don't get bored easily
GC II (Current Employee) –  Lawton, OKJune 27, 2016
When there is work to process, this is a decent job. Pays below average, but the work is simple and basically stress free.
Pros
work hours
Cons
40.25 hours of unpaid leave results in automatic termination regardless of reason., below average wages
Very easy job, close proximity to my home.
ESW for a government contractor (Former Employee) –  Lawton, OKMarch 16, 2016
This job was very easy , however it was very redundant on the type of work we did. Easily burnt out doing the same exact task everyday. On the positive side , the job was close to home and weekends were off.
Great place to work if you love computer work
General Clerk II (Former Employee) –  Rogers, ARDecember 3, 2015
Everyday consisted of complicated computer work that I loved. Great management made things easier. The best part about the job was getting things done for the customer.
Average
Accountant (Former Employee) –  Reston, VAJune 7, 2016
Good place to work if you are in the correct department that would allow you to cross train. Management support your outcome when there is a disagreement with someone in another department.
Pros
401k is average
Cons
benefits (medical) was horrible
Constantly Changing Policys
Dilemma Fulfillment (Current Employee) –  Campbellsville, KYJune 21, 2016
Company has bought and sold my department twice. Serco on general has went through a number of CEOS in my tenure as well. While the co workers are amazing management is understaffed or under trained.
Productive workplace
General Clerk II (Current Employee) –  Rogers, ARJuly 12, 2016
Our goal it's to provide the best service to the American public and to solve their issues with their applications.
All the coworkers are nice, lunch maybe needs to extend to an hour instead of 30 minutes.
Challenging workplace
Eligibility Worker (Former Employee) –  Lawton, OKJuly 10, 2016
I took this job as a lesson because we had to be prepared for change on a daily and had to adapt. This also allowed me to help clients and give the best service that I could offer within guidelines.
bad company
General Clerk I (Current Employee) –  Reston, VAJuly 11, 2016
please see previous review of Serco INC. This company is a really bad company to work for. would not recommend anyone work here.
Pros
weekends off
Cons
bad management, poor benefits, horrible compensation, no OT
The atmosphere is cozy and comfortable
Government Consultant (Current Employee) –  Wentzville, MONovember 23, 2015
A great place to work. Co-workers and staff are friendly and warm welcoming. The management team is concerned about making new strategies and implementing ideas to help our environment suitable for the employees.
Pros
Holiday decoratating