Serco Employee Reviews

Computer Data Entry with Phone Calls
Eligibility Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Rogers, ARMarch 28, 2017
It is normally 8 hours of a designated work flow with supervisors who are generally interested in your overall work and home life. The hardest part of the job is the monotone of the work and it being repetitive. The most enjoyable part is the the people who work there.
Pros
Benefits are nice if you have insurance thru a different company
Cons
If you have to leave you have to kind of go through hoops to get time off
Effective environment with promotion potential
In-processing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Fort Stewart, GAMarch 27, 2017
Working in a military environment was very educational. I was afforded the opportunity to service the great men and women of our country and learned the day to day activities of the military. Phenomenal experience!
Serco, Inc. Review
Instructional System Designer (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCMarch 25, 2017
I worked for Serco, Inc. for 1 year and wish I still did work for them. I took another job and realized seven years later I should have stuck with Serco. They are a good company.
Pros
Good management and good people
Cons
Pay isn't as high as other companies
productive and challenging environment
General clerk III (Current Employee) –  Rogers, ARMarch 23, 2017
excellent place to work
New challenges everyday
Learn new processes and excel in it
Excellent Mangement and training
Got promoted in 6 months
excellent work knowledge and skills as appreciated my mangement
Pros
Cons
2 breaks, 401 K
Excellent
Benefit Analyst (Former Employee) –  Fairfax, VAMarch 21, 2017
Working at Serco was a joy. Management was accommodating, the people were friendly, and the workplace culture was very light. It was an easy environment to accomplish goals. The hardest part of the job was keeping my analysis rate as low as possible (under 2%). The most enjoyable part of the job was the people.
Moderate Work Colture
Buyer II (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAMarch 17, 2017
Work Culture needs needs improvement. Life work-balance isn't the best. Played for 8 hours a week. Often work 10 hour days and Saturdays. Pay for my position is on the low end of the salary range.
Pros
flexible work schedule
Cons
long work hours more then 8 hours day only paid for 8
Good job, overly strict
ESW (Eligibility Service Worker) (Current Employee) –  Wentzville, MOMarch 16, 2017
Pay and benefits make the employment great. Only drawbacks are short breaks if you're a smoker, you'll spend half your break getting to your car. Too many supervisors trying to micromanage over one another in tight pod areas. Some supervisors are very relaxed while others will try to find any reason to get you terminated for personal opinions.
Pros
Benefits, pay, 2 weeks vacation after 1 year
Cons
short breaks, tedious work, boring downtime, personal agendas
Absolutely loved the work, but employees are childish and target others.
Logistics/Clerk (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAMarch 15, 2017
I absolutely loved the work with the company, but as soon as I transferred offices I was targeted. I cut off my social life to put everything into this job and company, I don't regret any of that. The employees act like high school clicks and if you happen to be apart of that particular one and show motivation or drive, it's frowned upon by certain employees. If you're going through any sort of targeting, stand up for yourself and report all this activity. I've never gone HR and I think I should have, I'm the type to keep to myself and bust my butt...someone was louder and caused more issues though and created rumors. Instead of fixing the problem they would rather push it under the rug.
HR Generalist (Current Employee) –  Wentzville, MOMarch 15, 2017
Very team oriented company, but a lot of changes. Loved the HR team. Always learning and loved the training and development. Employee engagement was great.
Not worth the time
General Clerk I (Former Employee) –  Overland Park, KSMarch 15, 2017
Favoritism is a huge thing. The fire you without warning and benefits aren't great An never are able to get a raise ever. Very disappointing work conditions.
Designated Desk Corporate Travel Consultant (Former Employee) –  Fargo, NDMarch 14, 2017
Worked well at Serco. Was able to work from home while my husband's company moved him from jobsite to jobsite. Shifts were acceptable and no weekends.
Great Opportunities
Liaison Officer/Career Counselor (Former Employee) –  Fort Bliss, TXMarch 14, 2017
Fast pace and allowed employees to enhance their skills. Management is great and understanding and provided great insight to your development. Furthermore, the your co-workers where awesome and provided great response to all that was needed to take place.
Pros
Great co-workers and management
Cons
Pay
Awesome place to work
General Clerk II (Former Employee) –  London, KYMarch 14, 2017
Go through files. Awesome place to work. Stay on the duties that are told by the supervisor. Call consumers. They take you through training on everything that are expected for you to do.
Productive workplace that brings out the best in others.
Verification Specialist (Current Employee) –  Lawton, OKMarch 13, 2017
A typical day working at Serco consists of reaching out to consumers to provide more documentation and/or using step by step guidance in order to verify present documentation.
A Sad Disservice to our American People
Task Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Rogers, ARMarch 13, 2017
This was a great place to work starting out but there is too much inconsistency with policies and procedures. I WOULD NOT recommend this job to anyone. The stress and drama that has nothing to do with the tasks at hand make this job a major turnoff. The employees are disciplined for things that are beyond their control.
Pros
Benefits Package
Cons
Policies are tailored to the individual and isn't the same for all
Ok
General Clerk II (Former Employee) –  Lawton, OKMarch 9, 2017
Serco was a toxic environment full of mostly women who liked to start rumors. The job was very disorienting and just bland and not organized. It has to just sit for hours and hours with very strict rules that often made me feel like I was a child. The pay was alright and was enough to get by on and there were benefits. However they are absolutely not very merciful when it comes to emergencies and time if you have children or get sick. You do get all federal holidays off and you are guaranteed 40 hours a week. Provided you last a year you will get 80 hours of vacation.
Boring !!!
PRODUCTION CONTROL CLERK (Former Employee) –  Wentzville, MOMarch 9, 2017
I was doing 2 other peoples work and mine just to stay busy and I still didnt have enough work for myself in an 8 hr day.
few of the women there were friendly but most were honry and mean.
Pros
Cons
no work boring, need to figure out how to stay awake, they want to write people up, but dont want to get you any work !!
Great place to work If you don't have a family
ESW (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOMarch 8, 2017
Good place of business, but lack in care for family I've worke my hardest to try to move to first shift for more time with my family and never got paid off for it
Work
End User Services Manager (Current Employee) –  Reston, VAMarch 8, 2017
It is a place to work and you aren't a number. Management is OK but do not hold staff accountable. Management is flexible and provide a lot of soft perks like remote work.
Great work enviroment
Applications Systems Analyst II (Current Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAMarch 8, 2017
Work environment is pretty good. Working hours can be flexible but for the most part it is daily with the option to telework if needed. Working conditions are great with no complaints.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Serco. Our community is ready to answer.