Serco Employee Reviews in United States

Productive and helpful place
GENERAL CLERK 1 (Former Employee) –  Fort Polk, LAJanuary 24, 2016
Serco provided us with a good pay, and good health benefits. I started of working for a sub- company that was also owned by Serco. After the sub-company left Serco took over and let us keep our old position.
Flexible hours
Patent Classifier (Current Employee) –  Harrisonburg, VAJanuary 23, 2016
The company has flexible hours over a long time range
Breaks can be taken when needed without specific lengths
There is a pleasant social atmosphere, frequent pizza lunches and buffets where everyone brings a dish
Pros
frequent free lunches
Cons
There is a production requirement everyone must meet
Good paying job
Product Control Clerk (Current Employee) –  Lawton, OKJanuary 20, 2016
I do enjoy my job and the people I work with, however I would really like more structure and for all employees to be held to the same standards.
Pros
good working relationship with employees
Cons
schedule
not worth the pay
General Clerk III (Current Employee) –  Rogers, ARJanuary 20, 2016
I thought this was an awesome job when i first started but as i have been there for a year it is far less than awesome. They are constantly changing things they have nothing in order some managers are awesome as mine was then they move it all around this job is a bit of a joke when you go an look for other jobs and they ask you where you are working now and you say serco people have said before im sorry! they add jobs to your job description without telling you and you dont get paid any extra they keep promising raises and you never get them moving up or just switching shifts is a nightmare!
Pros
Pay
Cons
Everything else
Was a great company to work for
Financial Analyst (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAJanuary 17, 2016
This company was primarily in the government contracting business. The benefits package and compensation was great. All the other employees of SERCO that worked on the same contract with me were great to work with.
Pros
Benefis package and Salary
Love helping motorists
Safety Service Patroller (Current Employee) –  Staunton, VAJanuary 15, 2016
I patrol a 30 mile area looking for accidents, incidences, disabled motorists and debris. I get to help people when they are disabled that is the most rewarding part of my day. I get to work with state police and other emergency personal when I control the accident scene. Hardest part of my day is the 12 hour shifts with a lot of driving.
Pros
Helping people
Cons
health care isn't the best, and long shifts
Great place to work, except in re-compete.
Patent Classifier (Current Employee) –  Harrisonburg, VAJanuary 14, 2016
I worked for a specific aspect of Serco as a government contractor for the USPTO. Everything was going well, until we entered re-compete for the contract. After that we were treated less like people and more like numbers on a page. We went to mandatory 10 hours of overtime, and i had enough.
Pros
Stable Employment, great benefits
Cons
Stressful during recompete, often no upward mobility
very firm workplace
Data Entry (Current Employee) –  Wentzville, MOJanuary 11, 2016
A typical day @ work is doing your work no talking document consumers information. Mail out notices if needed my co-workers that I was surrounded by where very friendly,the hardest thing about working there was we could not store notes so we had to remember a lot
Sero
Serco General Clerk (Former Employee) –  Wentzville, MOJanuary 7, 2016
I would make phone calls and help consumers get their applications put in and approved. I learned how to work in a call center and office experience.
The management... Well half of them are pretty rude and not exactly the best people you want in charge of you.
My peers are very good people and and always working together to get the work done correctly.
The hardest part was dealing with bad management. the best part of the job was knowing I was helping people get health insursance.
Cons
MANAGMENT
Repetitive work everyday, no guideance throughout the projects, management is cluless of your existance, long commute
Welder 2 (Former Employee) –  Chesapeake, VADecember 29, 2015
As a former employee of Serco inc. I would have to say the little experience I gained while working there was definitely valuable. Unfortunately there were some stipulations I came to find out about near the end of my employment. Management seem to just go through the motions everyday. The company had little to no room for advancement, no matter how much experience or knowledge you possessed. I would have to say the most enjoyable part of my employment was getting to work with my coworkers who actually knew what they were doing and offered some leadership skills. In all the company has its ups and downs.
Cons
unsafe, improper techniques, unprofessionaism
Government Contract - Reserve Mental Health
Regional Director of Psychological Health (Former Employee) –  Norfolk, VADecember 22, 2015
Great concept to support reservists however, high demands of administrative staff are not conducive with licensed staff expectations, as you spend more time documenting tasks than providing psychological health support.
Pros
Command Support & Pentagon Backing
Cons
unethical practices in documentation & leadership by intimidation
Great co-workers
Network Operations Analyst (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VADecember 16, 2015
The atmosphere within SERCO is inviting. Everyone here is mindful of everyone's schedule and we are able to make time for our families.
A great "Starter" job
GENERAL CLERK I (Current Employee) –  Lees Summit, MODecember 9, 2015
This is a great place for High School graduates and people close to retiring to work. Unfortunately, there is not a lot of room for advancement or professional development.
Pros
Great place to introduce yourself to a work environment
Cons
No room for professional development
no room for advancement
Task 3 Affordable Care Act Consultant (Former Employee) –  Wentzville, MODecember 9, 2015
this company is a government contract and your paid on salary that will not go up or down no matter how long you work on the contract
Stay far away
GW3 (Current Employee) –  Lawton, OKDecember 8, 2015
Serco loves to act like it is the best place to work. But they pick and choose when the rules apply. If you trip in the parking lot its not their area. But if someone gets into a verbal confrontation its their area. They kiss up when its employee renewal time, and as soon as its over then they make up rules like no on with over 40 hours of leave without pay or they term you.
Cons
401 K is a joke, They auto enroll you into a market that has a negative return so they can make Serco more money.
I work in a call center in which productivity is vital but quality is al a major factor
General Clerk II (Current Employee) –  Wentzville, MODecember 7, 2015
Fun place to work in a relaxed environment with very supportive and experienced managerial staff. There is definitely room for advancement with decent salary and nice a benefits package. It is a very large company and I work with a very diverse group of colleagues. My job tasks varied from week to week with new and interesting projects therefore breaking the monotony and making the job more challenging.
Pros
THE JOB, MY COLLEAGUES, THE SALARY AND BENEFITS
Cons
NONE. I PREFER HEALTHCARE
Serco
General Clerk (Current Employee) –  London, KYDecember 7, 2015
Serco is a good company but they have their flaws like the attendance policy is bs . you can only miss 40hrs in a year, that is hard to do with kids. i mean if your kid gets sick and you have to stay home thats 8hrs alreadyy
Pros
good supervisors
Cons
attendance policy
Great place to work if you love computer work
General Clerk II (Former Employee) –  Rogers, ARDecember 3, 2015
Everyday consisted of complicated computer work that I loved. Great management made things easier. The best part about the job was getting things done for the customer.
Positive team; strong team; introduction to Army Human Resources
HR Organizational Consultant / Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLDecember 2, 2015
SERCO was my introduction into the Army Human Resources world. Prior to HR, my career was medical. The SERCO team I had the privilege of working with had a lot of experience, and provided effective instructions. Quickly I learned the job, but not without the skills and abilities of such an effective team of professionals.
Pros
Fun work environment
It's not what you know it's WHO you Know
Toc Controller (Former Employee) –  Fairfax, VADecember 2, 2015
Worst job ever, and management very poor, but if your from the UK they will give you the world and more regardless if you can do the job or not. If your desperate and need a job go for it if not don't bother.
Pros
no pros its that bad
Cons
low wages, poor benefits and always short staffed