This is a funded, long term contract position supporting our Government customer’s virtual training environment. The virtual training environment provides a multi-media, e-learning environment that can be accessed anywhere, anytime by the users. The system includes videotaped lectures, demos, and hands-on labs.
The customer’s software and architecture documentation is sparse. We are looking for a Senior Software engineer who has experience reverse engineering software, especially experience with web enabled applications which use virtual servers. We would like someone who can look at the code and generate the missing documentation. Once the documentation is established the person will assist the customer’s PM with designing and developing enhancements and evaluating the feasibility of potential future projects.
- Designs, develops, enhances, debugs, and implements software.
- Troubleshoots production problems related to software and hardware applications.
- Ensures compliance with Customer’s IT security standards.
- Researches, tests, builds, and integrates enhancements or new products based on client requirements.
- Coordinates conversion and/or integration projects.
- Maintains and modifies legacy software.
- Designs and develops new major software products or major enhancements to existing software.
- Prepares and provides software and Architectural related documentation.
- Provides status reports for ongoing work.
- Coordinates and addresses problems of systems integration, compatibility, and multiple platforms
- Consults with project teams and end users to identify application requirements.
- Assists in the evaluation and recommendation of application software packages, application integration and testing tools.
- Checks the work of other software developers on development team.
- Facilitates change control, problem management, and communication among programmers and analysts.
- Performs feasibility analysis on potential future projects to management.
- Possesses expertise working on multiple complex work assignments.
- This position requires a Secret clearance.
- Must have experience in conducting an independent assessment or reverse engineering of a global web enabled application using virtual servers.
- Knowledge of software and hardware reverse engineering and preparation of associated documentation.
- Candidate must have a minimum of eight years of experience in software development.
- Knowledge of programming languages such as C# and VB.Net, ASP.Net is required.
- Must have experience working with Virtual servers and Load Balancers, (preferred F5)
- Experience with Apache a plus.
- Experience with Akami technologies a plus.
Indeed - 5 months ago