Serta Simmons Bedding, LLC Employee Reviews

Diversity is a challenge
Support Staff (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAOctober 17, 2017
The job role is great. The challenge is with leadedership. They have challenge when working with people of color. The lack of communication is very noticeable and never see the common good in people. If they will tolerate you and then you start to see disconnected between employees and staff. So not expect to be treated fair in this organization at all.
Pros
Wages are good
Cons
Core Values are written -never excerised
Great work environment
KPO's Assistand (Summer Internship) (Former Employee) –  Moreno Valley, CASeptember 3, 2017
It was a summer internship and I learned a lot about lean manufacturing from a great boss.
I was given the opportunity to develop valuable skills, and the pay was very fair with a decent opportunity for overtime.
Pros
Great boss, I learned a lot, good pay
Cons
I had to stop when i went back to school.
Excellent place to work!!
Receptionist (Temp) (Former Employee) –  Buckhead, GAAugust 31, 2017
I enjoyed working for SSB at the Buckhead location. It was a laid back environment. Everyone was very helpful and friendly including the CEO. Everyone worked well as a team. The facility....BEAUTIFUL!! Phanominal views! If asked to come back I would definitely do it in a heartbeat !!
Pros
Great atmosphere, friendly people, positive environment
Cons
Non
Workplace
Shipping and Receiving (Current Employee) –  Beloit, WIAugust 29, 2017
Working at Serta is a wonderful opportunity. I love my job and the things that I do at my job! The hours are not to bad but sometimes they can get long.
Know what you're getting into
Management (Former Employee) –  Sandy Springs, GAAugust 17, 2017
Need to know what you're getting into. Serta Simmons does not know what they want to do; they want to act like a public company but they don't want to follow the standards of a public company. Their management is poor and lacks the ability to bring both companies into one.
Pros
Pays well, good benefits
Cons
Poor Management, Lack of direction, Confused what they want to do
Honestly not good !
Shipping and Receiving Clerk (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHAugust 11, 2017
To be honest Serta Simmons bedding Co. does pay well but the amount work you have to do for that pay doesn’t really match up & when there is a issue the management team can never seem to fix it for long the hours are really terrible cannot blanace your person life with work because of the many hours you work I I’ve work there for almost 4 years it went of 16 hours ah day plus 10 hours on Saturday to 12 hours ah day plus 8 hours on Saturday finally to 10 hours ah day plus 8 on Saturday only thing I can say positive is the benefits are really good
Pros
Benefits are good
Cons
Work load & hours are bad
No Communication & Chaos
Full Time Employee (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAAugust 3, 2017
While I came in during a time of chaos and transition, the movement of the company was going toward more processes and streamline.
This never happened and only continues to get worse. No bonuses were paid out this year to lower level employees, yet bonuses were paid to sales- as this information was shared company wide.

Departments are run as completely separate entities, with no structure. Different expectations for different people- or none at all. At this point, we haven't been given our 2017 matrix expectations which we will be evaluated on for our reviews- it's August!!
Pros
Flexible hours, allowed to work overtime
Cons
no structure, management
Place of buissness
Loader/Unloader (Former Employee) –  Batesville, MSAugust 1, 2017
Serta is a great place to work. it is an busy job. you must stay busy at all time. the job is not an hard job. Just have to be able to maintain and know your role.
Pros
break room snack machine or bring lunch
Cons
10 minute break every 2 hours
Productive yet very tense environment
Material Handler (Current Employee) –  Sumner, WAJuly 24, 2017
Great job for recent graduate to get a sense of what daily work is life. Although it's a great start out job don't see myself working here long term. Co workers are great but management was very hot and cold with attitudes towards employees.
Cons
Fluctuating hours
Caution
Payroll Specialist (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJuly 24, 2017
You don't know what a job is like until you are sitting in the driver's seat. The job started off with alot of promise, but slowly descended into madness. The workload is not sensible, and the environment is very tense. Bypass this position and consider it a blessing
Pros
The non management employees helped me get through the day.
Cons
Mgmt with unrealistic expectations, not organized well.
Serta
icomfort (Former Employee) –  Riviera Beach, FLJuly 10, 2017
Working for Serta Mattress Co. was ok some weeks it was great some it was not some days you may go home in 4 hours some times 12 or more hours. The bosses dont care about you they just want to hit the numbers. The coworkers are good people its ok if you really need a job you have to get used to it.
Pros
Coworkers, Money
Cons
Breaks, hours
Great place
Forklift Operator/ box spring assembler (Former Employee) –  Puyallup, WAJuly 6, 2017
Very well maintain the workers and staff are great people to work with job is easy and understandable allways work to do and good overtime............
Just a normal factory
Open Coil Operator (Former Employee) –  Monroe, OHJuly 3, 2017
Serta Simmons was a basic production factory, while the supervisors were friendly they were ignorant of how to deal with the other employees. I personally never had any problems but maybe a reworking of their hiring process is neeeed.
Fun workplace and managers was cool and easy to deal with.
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Beloit, WIJune 19, 2017
we worked 12 hours 6 days a week it was long at first but after a couple weeks it got easier. most enjoyable part was working with a couple of my peers.
Keep looking
Safety Champion (Former Employee) –  Moreno Valley, CAMay 14, 2017
If you want absolutely no work/life balance and low pay this job is for you. Forget training, job rotation or advancement, management is only concerned with hitting numbers.
Cons
10 minute breaks, 2 weeks vacation the first 5 years
Keep looking..
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FLMay 10, 2017
The Riviera Beach FL location wasn't a good experience. First, they told me I'd be hired on after X amount of months and no longer a temp so my pay would increase. However, they purposely kept me as a temp to avoid having to give me holiday pay. Then they suddenly switched us to an entirely different shift with no prior notice and you had to adjust your responsibilities immediately or be terminated. They also have a very high turnover rate here bc they allow "supervisors" to fire ppl left and right as they see fit. I was literally fired for using the restroom a whole minute earlier than the designated break time. HR was useless. I'm a very hard worker and I can tell you that hard work gets you no where here. You are just a number and you will be treated like you're subhuman. I was discriminated against and fired bc some newly hired "supervisor" decided to single me out. They even fired that same guy a week later. Unorganized, unprofessional and an unforgivable waste of time. Save yourself. Keep looking, friends.
Pros
Decent pay if desperate
Cons
Everything else
Pretty nice place to work
Assembler (Current Employee) –  Cullman, ALApril 28, 2017
Working at serta is pretty good, all things considered. The work is fast paced so time goes by quickly. Management is relaxed but big on safety. Would recomend working here
Excellent Place to work with good opportunities to improve
MAINTENANCE MANAGER (Current Employee) –  San Leandro, CAApril 18, 2017
Is a structure place to work, base on Lean Manufacturing.
Gemba walks every morning and Production meetings to discuss technical and production needs.
Management meetings once a week to determine changes on scheduling required to improve HPP and Efficiency.
Daily reviews to Techs in order to maintain accountability and improve Overall Equipment Effectiveness.
Pros
Good Efficiency, Technical improvements and opportunities
Cons
Area Cost of Living too expensive
great
Sr Sql Server DBA (Current Employee) –  Sandy Springs, GAApril 18, 2017
great organization. feels like family with great staff and managers. with a lot to learn and an active budget for training and capacity building. they are committed to individual success
Great place to work, nice people.
Foam edge (Former Employee) –  Batesville, MSApril 12, 2017
Hard working environment. Great hours, you also get plenty of breaks. Team work is required. You also have a choice to move to any location within the facility after your 90 days probation.