Serv-U-success Employee Reviews in United States

Productive and fun place to work, one of the easiest job I've ever had with awsome benefits
Store Representative (Assistant Supervisor) (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHJune 1, 2016
Typical day at work consists of stocking products and organizing the store according to the desired lay out. In the past year I've been there I've sharpened my management skills and learned how to be independent and work with little to no supervision. This is evident as I was promoted to the assistant manager within six months of starting and received four raises in the same amount of time. Beside my supervisor and myself the job typically consists of two-three employees this ensures maximum responsibility is assigned to each and everyone according to their capabilities. The hardest part of the job would have to be at times working when its crowded in the stores making difficult to work around the customers. Most of all the ease of the job outweighs any negative part about it, flexible schedule, competitive pay and great benefits.
Terrible
merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Novi, MIJanuary 19, 2016
First off when they hire you they do not inform you that only full timers will be working November to January.
The pay is nice, the hours were pretty decent, I usually worked 55 hours a week and wasn't considered full time.
The management is terrible, and usually will keep kids who take constant smoke breaks and destroy random things in the store.
I was let go by my creepy supervisor (who's a registered offender) for getting pneumonia.
This company is just very one sided, in order to keep your job you need to be related to somebody else who works there.
Pros
The pay is nice
Cons
Lack of work, rude employees.
Not recommended
Store manager (Former Employee) –  MichiganFebruary 16, 2016
They will suck the life out of you. You run around all day and are exhausted after your shift. Management doesn't come around unless there is something to complain about. If you are short of help they expect you to work everyday if necessary. The management lies and makes broken promises. Wages are paid by who you are and who you know. Very unfair. On the upside my co-workers were enjoyable.
Pros
Co workers
Cons
no life. Even on your day off you still had to take care of emails, phone calls, schedules etc...
Different everyday
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Greenville, MIFebruary 27, 2016
I never had a normal schedule. Everyday i was set to show up at a different time.
I worked morning at 4am or nights at 11pm
If the work load got done early Co-workers would be sent home.
I worked load off the truck and orginized pallets onto L-carts then stocked shelves in 12 different isles.
Kehe was the hardest load to get stocked and I worked solo and would finish in 8 hours.
Cons
management not knowing what to do
Productive and fun place to work
Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Grandville, MIApril 7, 2016
My Mornings start with facing the store, putting up chips, than move on to stocking and facing bread, filling ice cream, doing m-plans
putting out Dsd and Kehe.

I have learned how to merchandise do m-plans ordering for the whole store and eye glasses do out of stock items.

My management and co-workers are great.

Hardest part of the job was learning where everyhing is at in the store.

I love that it is very fast paced.
Pros
Fun place to work
fast paced work environment
Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Grandville, MIFebruary 10, 2015
A work day starts with breaking down multiple pallets of product. Putting the product onto shelves in the correct locations. Communicating with co-workers, to know what work has been or needs to be completed. Making sure to get work done in a timely manner. Being able to work independently is what I enjoy most about this job.
Pros
independent working, taking breaks when needed, able to keep busy throughout the day
Cons
many new tasks added constantly, not getting raises when promised
A decent job if you like irregular hours and no benefits.
Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Warsaw, INApril 16, 2014
This job pays well, but rarely will you get enough hours to make it worth it. I started out working 40 hours but was dropped to 17. Now every week is different, an average of 20-25 hours a week with no work some weeks and tons of work other weeks. Benefits are available, but only if you work 38+ hours a week. I don't know anyone besides management who gets that much every week for this company. I don't qualify even though I've worked there a year. Management has some nice guys, but there isn't much for checks and balances in place to make sure they are treating you well. It used to be great because I was able to get several of my friends and past co-workers hired which worked out well because they are all intelligent and hard working, but now they use a temp agency to bring people in and the quality of those people are often not the greatest.
All in all a decent job, as long as you are only expecting part-time hours and are not expecting much of a career from it.
Pros
good pay, easy work.
Cons
irregular hours. no benefits to most.
Great Place to work
Driver (Current Employee) –  Grandville, MIApril 21, 2012
Typical day for drivers start as soon as load is ready if you wanted to leave early. Most drivers leave after midnight. Load needs to be at destination by 11am. its a 5 hour drive to Tipp City, Oh. Drop and hook there. Drivers will then have a back haul. Most drivers are home same day. 650 miles round trip. Of course some back hauls require overnight stay and they average about 730 to 750 miles round trip. Changes are in the works and could be out 4 to 5 days at a time.
Communication between drivers and management could be better. But Transportation Manager overall will bend over backwards to help out. Pay is a bit better than average. Salary rate and then payed by mile on any week with over 2000 miles.
Pros
family run business, christian owner, in business for over 40 years, excellent health care package 401, retirement, new equiptment every 5 years
Cons
longer runs may be coming, dispatchers are new at their job
serv-u-success
Hilo/ Shipping and recieving (Current Employee) –  Holland, MINovember 12, 2015
I would get there at 6am and I would have to unload trucks and them sticker them and put them away. management was good and so was the co workers I got along wit all of them.
Pros
driving a hilo
Cons
they would work with me with my son
Easy going work place
housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Toledo, OHDecember 22, 2015
Easy job cleaning. only problem was it gets a little boring being by yourself all day.co workers were nice and easy to get along with.
Pros
hours, pay
Cons
Far from home
Terrible company/job!!
merchandiser (Former Employee) –  michiganFebruary 1, 2013
I worked for this company for two years and it was terrible! The management is a complete joke. This company was purchased by meijer grocery stores recently. With this happening the work load rapidly multiplied but if you dare ask for a raise you were immediatley shut down because "We don't have any room in the budget." Favoritism is showed constantly through this company, if you're a slightly attractive woman you may like this company. There is no form of structure at all and the hours are unreasonable. The employees are currently non union but it seems that will change soon. After I left this company I was told by a manager that they are only going to hire people in at $8 an hr. I was way over worked and under paid at $10.50 If you ever consider taking a job with Serv-U-Success I speak from experience when I say, it's not worth it at all. They are cheap and your hard work will not be appreciated on any substantal level. You will be forced to work weekends and holidays starting at 6am and you will do way more work than you get paid to do. Also you will be used as the workhorse for meijer managers even though they really aren't your bosses. After two years with this company I can honestly tell anyone considering employment with them to turn around and run as fast as possible!!
Pros
none!!!
Cons
everything!!
Very productive fast paced company
Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Woodhaven MIAugust 6, 2015
Serv-U-Success has taught me to work with a bigger crew than normal. Management is very side by side with workers. The most enjoyable part of the job was the friendships made with coworkers but the worst part of the job was that there were so many coworkers that hours were often drastically cut.
Cons
hours always cut
I would pass on serv-u-success
Reset Specialist (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHApril 24, 2015
I have been working for serv-u-success for 5yrs and it was a great place for the first 3.5yrs. But the company has drastically changed for the worse. I went from working 30-45hrs a week to now working 23 if im lucky, but most weeks about 10-15. Management could care less if I have enough money to even pay for gas to get to work. the company has restructured itself to make as much money for the very few top guys by cutting all employees hrs other then the two or three team leaders in each area, and becoming a team leader is a political game you probably wont win so you'll be stuck working 15hrs a week if your lucky. Don't work here, this company used to be great but now its a job that will almost cost you more in gas then you will make on a week to week basis.
Pros
none anymore
Cons
15-20hrs a week if your lucky, you dont exsist to managment, your just a body that can be replaced within a day or two.
This job sucks!!!!
merchandiser (Former Employee) –  michiganSeptember 11, 2012
Worse job ever!!!! The managers are lazy as ever & they expect you to run around like your crazy. No pay raises. Lots of favoritism & the managers suck. They dont do their jobs & when you approach them about it they cut your hours & act like little children. Do not work here! Run the other way & fast!!!!!
Cons
too many to say

Comment – January 15, 2013

This is right on! Could not have said it better myself!

Demanding and sometimes rewarding
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Ludington MiOctober 5, 2015
The most enjoyable part of my job is the people that I work with. I have come across many wonderful people who work in retail. I learned that managing other people is not as easy as it seems.
Management shows favortism and does not hear you when you talk to them
merchandiser (Current Employee) –  MIchiganDecember 26, 2013
Present employee but looking for a better place to work that cares for their employees and stands behind them when there are problems....
I loved working for this company in the beginning...then I was offered a promotion that I turned down and things changed....now I have been a victim of manger harassment and Team leader pettiness and harassment.....I feel that I have a target on my back and nothing I do is right...the rules for me are different from the rules of the rest of the employees in the team, and they let me know this everyday.....I can honestly say that I HATE MY JOB AND THE PEOPLE I WORK FOR.......do not work for this company...they will mess with you and make you work like a dogs.
Pros
is a pay check
Cons
poor management, poor leadership, pettiness of team leader or supervisor
Good Job for someone who just wants some extra money.
Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIAugust 10, 2014
I started with Serv U Success a couple of years ago. I didn't mind it seeing i was laid off for a few months so i was just glad to have a job. The job is fast paced from start to finish. But the management is a joke the hours are irregular. The one thing i did like was going to different stores. I do miss some of the people i worked with and you get to know the store employees pretty well also. If you don't mind putting of with alot of BS than this job is for you and they always say there is room for advancement but that is total BS.
Pros
pretty flexible with schedule
Moving up
Store Representative (Current Employee) –  Royal Oak, MIFebruary 27, 2015
Moving up in the company has been the hardest part, with upper management not caring about anyone lesser than them. I've been with a temp company for over a year now when I was promised a promotion after 4-5 months. That never happened.
Interesting work, keeps you busy. Careless, incompetent management, unstable work schedule, same set rate wage.
Service Team Member (Former Employee) –  Grandville, MIJune 30, 2014
This place is not a bad place to work at just as long as you like to keep busy. The fellow employees and a few exceptional management are not bad people at all. The downside of this place is that they only hire through a temp service, so do not count on your hard work and punctuality getting you anywhere within the rinks of management, or landing you a full-time spot permanently. You will be considered part-time so you will never have benefits, your hours will never exceed 38, your schedule is subject to change spontaneously, you are not required a raise. also, you will require a very reliable, dependable means of transportation as you will be required to drive anywhere within the southeast Michigan area as well as some points in northern borderline Ohio. This job also requires good people skills as you will have to get along with the employees as they will put in a word for termination if you do not. I speak from experience as I have previously worked for this company. I showed for work every single day on time and stayed however long the job required, I even asked for as many hours as I could get making myself very flexible and available. I performed to the best of my abilities and outperformed most of the senior employees on the job. During my brief period of employment at Serve-u-success, I have seen employees slack off, miss several days and show up late numerous times with or without notice. Quite a few employees did not even have transportation to and from work and so that their responsibilities were to inconvenience and burden others by hitching a ride every day. A few  more... others would be soliciting as well as consuming illicit natural and synthetic product on their break and come in back to work only to misbehave and slack even more. Every time I would write a very professional e-mail or call my supervisor, I would be completely ignored until they needed something from me and Walla!, an e-mail completely disregarding my input/inquiries asking me to make myself available or do a favor and go out of my way to stay up and work through someone else's shift as employee overall attendance rate was at record lows due to recently mentioned examples. With all of that said the real reason I got fired was because of the fact that I am a convicted felon who has served 90 days in prison, followed by 90 days in boot camp, 120 days on a tether, 2 years on parole all successfully completed with no further or due trouble. I have never had a violent or intimate crime rather possession of a controlled substance (herbal) and cashing a bad check. It all comes down to this; No matter how much you outperform, stand out, commit, show up no matter what you do, society already has made the final decision, we do not, even though we say we do, people who disregard the law no matter how much change or rehabilitation they go through deserve a job and equal opportunity. Think The Federal Reserve Bank of America. Not really . It pays to be smart and wise.  less
Pros
traveling, engaging work, overall friendly employees.
Cons
set low wage, traveling, no respect or regard for personal well being or performance.
Wow
Store Representative (Current Employee) –  Flint, MIMarch 24, 2015
Only thing i like about the job is the pay. Management is horrible like to stir up lot of drama between co-workers been with temp service for about a year after 5 months they told me i would be hired in and i been working for 9. Good side job if you think your going to get hired in hang it up might as well look for another job
Pros
Good Pay
Cons
No hours