Serv-U-success Employee Reviews

Merchandising
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Cadillac, MIApril 6, 2017
Doing a Surival Walk and then make sure all displays are filled and faced before 8 am. The culture is fast paced. Working with many customers which is nice and pleasant. The hardest part is having a some upper management that don't care about you or your work ethics.
Pros
Great general manager
Cons
Poor market manager
Think twice before you do it!
Merchandiser Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Ludington, MIMarch 5, 2017
They promise you the world when you start. The upper management gossips about others. They expect a lot of work out of you in a shift. The upper management is husband and wife in the area I worked.
Pros
Health-care
Cons
Unpredictable schedule, low pay for job expected
work place
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Grandville, MIMarch 1, 2017
you traveled to different places through the state. learned alot but didnt like that you never knew when you were going to leave work. also sometimes you worked hours away for 12 hours a night, sometimes it felt dangerous to drive home lol
I'm just saying
Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILFebruary 9, 2017
you have to be able to think outside of the box, all about speed not enough quality would rather clean a shelf of mold and dirt before setting the shelf
Pros
Cons
not enough pay
High Demanding Job
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIDecember 30, 2016
It is a fast pace work field. Very high demand on the store manager. I over see on average 4 people while doing my own management duties.
This is unneccesary
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Waterford, MIDecember 22, 2016
I sold Meijer brand grocery products to Meijer. It was a great job, I made my own hours and it was commission so I made a lot of money. I only left for illness and I am much better now.
Going downhill fast
Senior Store Rep (Current Employee) –  IndianaNovember 20, 2016
When I started with Serv-U they were great! Now, Meijer pop, Keebler, Kehe and mplans have been added without any extra employees.

I'm 62 and keep up with my 20 something boss, but enough of getting hurt. Also, raises are promised but never given. There is always an excuse.
Pros
Non
Cons
Management makes promises they don't keep.
A little to laid back.
Advertisement Handler (Former Employee) –  Holland, MISeptember 29, 2016
One of the worse places I've worked. I work and in general seemed pretty nice, but the managment really doesnt care about its employees. I wasnt paid for the 120 hours I worked, I was hit with a highlow, didnt get to take breaks because of other employees terrible work ethic.
Pros
Week ends off
Cons
No true management, a real free for all.
Horrible ethics
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Lexington, KYAugust 9, 2016
Low amount of feedback. Very unprofessional. Market supervisor was inebriated at work more than once. Opposite culture of their parent company
Pros
Cons
Under appreciates employees. Vindictive place to work
easy fast pace
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Fort Gratiot, MI 48059July 19, 2016
The job was a fast pace, easy to handle, and very social. The management at the time was not professional to the employees.
great benefits, but hard work.
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  IllinoisJune 30, 2016
Worked for them over ten years and although the job was good at first, it changed dramatically when I got a new supervisor. Management does not appreciate how hard you work, and It's hard to believe some of them were made supervisors. Berating employees within earshot of customers and other employees, never pitching in to help , and standing around doing nothing was their normal routine. I should have left long before I did! I know that other employees had similar experiences .
Pros
Good medical.dental. hearing, vision benefits
Cons
Work is physically grueling, and not appreciated
Was getting bad
Merchadiser (Former Employee) –  Waterford, MIJune 27, 2016
Good hours good people if you did your job you made money. Loved working with customers. The only reason I left the job was because I was moving.
Productive and fun place to work, one of the easiest job I've ever had with awsome benefits
Store Representative (Assistant Supervisor) (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHJune 1, 2016
Typical day at work consists of stocking products and organizing the store according to the desired lay out. In the past year I've been there I've sharpened my management skills and learned how to be independent and work with little to no supervision. This is evident as I was promoted to the assistant manager within six months of starting and received four raises in the same amount of time. Beside my supervisor and myself the job typically consists of two-three employees this ensures maximum responsibility is assigned to each and everyone according to their capabilities. The hardest part of the job would have to be at times working when its crowded in the stores making difficult to work around the customers. Most of all the ease of the job outweighs any negative part about it, flexible schedule, competitive pay and great benefits.
Productive and fun place to work
Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Grandville, MIApril 7, 2016
My Mornings start with facing the store, putting up chips, than move on to stocking and facing bread, filling ice cream, doing m-plans
putting out Dsd and Kehe.

I have learned how to merchandise do m-plans ordering for the whole store and eye glasses do out of stock items.

My management and co-workers are great.

Hardest part of the job was learning where everyhing is at in the store.

I love that it is very fast paced.
Pros
Fun place to work
Cons
decent enjoyment with weird hours and work sites.
Team Lead (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYMarch 6, 2016
In a typical day we reset selves and move product following a planogram. I learn to read planograms and work as a team to do big projects. I managed a team of three and finished many planograms as a team each week. The hardest part of the job is figuring the hours and how my co workers and myself was paid. The most enjoyable part is the freedom of the work.
Pros
freedom
Cons
hours and organization.
Different everyday
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Greenville, MIFebruary 27, 2016
I never had a normal schedule. Everyday i was set to show up at a different time.
I worked morning at 4am or nights at 11pm
If the work load got done early Co-workers would be sent home.
I worked load off the truck and orginized pallets onto L-carts then stocked shelves in 12 different isles.
Kehe was the hardest load to get stocked and I worked solo and would finish in 8 hours.
Cons
management not knowing what to do
Not recommended
Store manager (Former Employee) –  MichiganFebruary 16, 2016
They will suck the life out of you. You run around all day and are exhausted after your shift. Management doesn't come around unless there is something to complain about. If you are short of help they expect you to work everyday if necessary. The management lies and makes broken promises. Wages are paid by who you are and who you know. Very unfair. On the upside my co-workers were enjoyable.
Pros
Co workers
Cons
no life. Even on your day off you still had to take care of emails, phone calls, schedules etc...
Terrible
merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Novi, MIJanuary 19, 2016
First off when they hire you they do not inform you that only full timers will be working November to January.
The pay is nice, the hours were pretty decent, I usually worked 55 hours a week and wasn't considered full time.
The management is terrible, and usually will keep kids who take constant smoke breaks and destroy random things in the store.
I was let go by my creepy supervisor (who's a registered offender) for getting pneumonia.
This company is just very one sided, in order to keep your job you need to be related to somebody else who works there.
Pros
The pay is nice
Cons
Lack of work, rude employees.
Easy going work place
housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Toledo, OHDecember 22, 2015
Easy job cleaning. only problem was it gets a little boring being by yourself all day.co workers were nice and easy to get along with.
Pros
hours, pay
Cons
Far from home
serv-u-success
Hilo/ Shipping and recieving (Current Employee) –  Holland, MINovember 12, 2015
I would get there at 6am and I would have to unload trucks and them sticker them and put them away. management was good and so was the co workers I got along wit all of them.
Pros
driving a hilo
Cons
they would work with me with my son

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Serv-U-success. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8