- A person who enjoys technical customer support
- Not afraid to learn and figure things out on your own
- Passionate about technology, software and all things IT
- A person who enjoys a small team environment
Do you enjoy office perks such as?
- Flexible working environment
- Talking about all things geek, computer or hockey
- Free snacks
If you are good with customers and ready to move beyond parroting FAQ. If you like the idea of a small company environment where you will be involved in tech support, development, training and sales. ServTrax is looking for the right person to provide technical support and beyond.
ServTrax is a web-based application that allows users to track data center IT equipment and its associated service coverage contracts. We partner with Value-Added Resellers (our clients) to gather this information, validate it with the manufacturers, and collect it into the ServTrax application database for their end-user clients to access. In this way, ServTrax as a product becomes part of the “added value” that end users get by purchasing their equipment and support through our partner resellers.
As a team member, you would:
- Work with your partner reseller’s sales team to present the ServTrax application and its benefits to their clients through web-based demonstrations tailored to the concerns of the end user client. Your role during these demonstrations is not a “hard sell”, but you need to be able to showcase the best features of the application and answer questions in a positive light.
- Support your partner reseller reps: answer their questions, solve their problems, and make sure their data is flowing into the application the way it should, so that they have the best and most accurate collection of data to show their clients. You will become their go-to expert on how the application works, from their reseller tools to the end user experience and everything in between. This is mostly done through email and over the phone, but you will occasionally travel on-site to meet with your partner reseller.
- Work with our development team to help shape UI feature development for the application, based on your experience as a user and on your partner reseller’s feedback. You will have a hands-on role in determining how the application should look and work.
For this role, we are looking for:
- Familiarity with web applications and the basics of data center IT equipment. You don’t need to have a tech support background, but you need to be able to identify what type of product a part number refers to from a description, for example, and be fluent in “internet”. It also helps if you have experience communicating with programmers.
- Customer service or sales experience. You will have an ongoing relationship with a specific partner reseller, so experience in account management is preferred over a call center or retail-style background, but the important part is that you know how to talk to customers.
- A degree or equivalent experience.
- Ability to travel occasionally (less than 10%). In addition to visits to your partner reseller, we travel to the corporate HQ a few times a year.
This role is NOT about:
- Commission sales or any sort of cold-calling.
- A traditional corporate environment.
We work hard, we have a good time, and we get stuff done. If this sounds like what you do, send us your resume – we’re looking forward to hearing from you!