SERVCORP Employee Reviews in United States

Worst company ever
Receptionist/Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCJuly 13, 2015
This company has a very high turnover. There is no HR department or representative to help you.
There was no training at all expect for watching an EA for the first few days. Questions were "encouraged," but there was always an eye roll or whispering to go along with it.
The job description did not match the job duties. I was a receptionist that was supposed to answer/transfer all calls, perform light administrative duties and answer general inquiries. I do understand that job duties can change once you begin a job and more duties and responsibilities can be added, however, when things are added that are completely out of your field of work that is where the issue comes in. Aside from being a receptionist/admin assistant, I had to assist with sales. They force you to call a certain amount of clients a day and try to up-sell services to them. They make you shop, do marketing calls, and etc which are just other words for sales. They also force you to make clients leave reviews. I was also the IT point of contact. As a receptionist/admin assistant, I did not know anything about IT. The only training they give you on IT was an outdated manual to read. The IT department is also located in the headquarter location. You can call them for "help," but the first question they ask you is "Did you read the manual?" They always make you feel stupid and give off an energy that they don't want you to call for help.
They do offer remote training via conference calls and power point slides, but that is still not helpful. When on these training conference calls, you're subjected
  more... to a lot of interruptions including answering calls and assisting clients so you're not able to be fully focused on training.
The senior managers would often visit, and when they arrived everything had to be perfect. It's understandable to be impressionable for senior management, but it becomes ridiculous when they request to have a certain brand of water sitting on their desk facing a certain way, hair spray, stockings and gifts upon their arrival. You have to wait on them hand and foot like you are a server at a restaurant.
There is a lot of coordination that needs to happen between other team members worldwide. It's very frustrating coordinating with the other team members because most of them are not helpful at all.
Expectations are very unclear due to no training, no performance review and not knowing who to report to. The senior managers are really all sales associates so it's unclear who you should report to with issues after the team leader.
The accounting department is also located at the headquarter location. Whenever we have a bill or invoice from a vendor it goes to the accounting department to be processed and paid. This is also a very frustrating process because their is little to no communication from the accounting department. If there is an incorrect routing number or anything incorrect, they will not let you know. You find out something was not completed properly when you receive a late notice from a vendor. There has actually been several complaints about late payments from Servcorp from different vendors.
Servcorp also lacks diversity. They only hire women (except in the IT department) and there is very little women of color. The dress code is also very strict.
The hours are long, and you work a lot of overtime, with no overtime pay. They send you on a lot of errands, and you work through your lunch often. You feel like you're doing a lot of free work for the company.
Pros
Cons
Benefits, work/life balance, management, colleagues, job duties
Horrible place to work`
Executive Assistant-Center Manager (Former Employee) –  Miami,FL-New York, NYMarch 13, 2015
This company is so full of it. This is a place that over works you (with no paid overtime) and the minute you fall short even a little bit due to the high stress you can be fired. They have no regards for you, your family and life outside of Servcorp. They don't care how early or how late you leave there, it's never enough! They laugh about how lunch is non-existent and don't even dare try and take your (2) 15 minute breaks that are promised in your handbook! They put all this stress and high workload on you because they're so understaffed. I don't understand how they can charge so much and not provide enough support to both the client and staff.

They over charge their customers and try to screw them over in all aspects. I see why they're so profitable; they nickel and dime them for any and everything they say and do.

There is no kind of job security. If your manager has some sort of issue with you, you can count on being let go. They don't train you and expect you to just learn as you go without mistakes. The most training you'll get is over the phone training with someone from their head office team in Atlanta, there is no training manager or course or anything like that. The newest addition to their team is running all of New York and can't even manage her emails. She's all over the place and is running around like a chicken with no head. She doesn't know what she's doing and can't even grasp the operational side of things.

How can someone run an entire market and not even know how to push through a sale?!

They micromanage you without much room to breathe and hold you
  more... to expectations they can't even reach. This is not a good company to work for unless you want to make some decent money while in search of a better place to work.  less
Cons
everything

Comment – March 18, 2015

Dear Terminated Team Member, It is important for us to hear your feedback and look for ways to continually improve the Servcorp work experience-so your comments are appreciated. We have a culture of open communications and would have been happy to address your concerns while you were employed with us-it helps both of us achieve our goals. We do, however, have standard protocals and systems in place; and when these are bypassed our client experience is compromised and company revenue is lost. 40 years of global success is based on these protocals and systems-and, more than 2000 team members worldwide comply and thrive so we are confident the requirements are reasonable. Wishing you success in your future, Servcorp Management

High Stress, Low pay
SECRETARY (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLJanuary 26, 2015
If you enjoy being micromanaged constantly to the point of ineffectiveness than this is the job for you. The most enjoyable part of the job is when you're left alone to actually do the job you're overqualified for.

Comment – March 18, 2015

Dear Terminated Team Member, Thank you for the opportunity to respond to your concerns. Servcorp invests heavily in its team members through training, online global resources and efficient systems and tools. While there is plenty of opportunity to contribute creatively, we do require basic employment terms such as on time arrivals and attention to detail when delivering client work. For team members without these basic commitments in place, our 40 year global employment experience demonstrates we are not a good fit together. Regards, Servcorp Management

One of the best job experiences I've had!
IT Operations Technician (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJune 17, 2013
Servcorp is a tough environment but the benefits you reap far exceed it's rough interior.

My daily duties were anything but typical due to supporting both clients and staff. Some days I'm closing support tickets for most of the day and others I'm configuring routers to allow users to have their own block of ip addresses.

I learned how to perform under extreme pressure. I learned how to endure in projects that seemed hopeless. I learned how to leverage resources.

My manager was very strong and direct. He also had a background of doing support work. This allowed him to communicate with our team in a way we could clearly understand. This was a great asset.

The hardest part of the job was really how time consuming it became. I began to desire more family time but was unable to obtain this. This was the main reason I left this job.
Pros
top pay, great benefits, international exposure, learning opportunities, great environment to work
Cons
time consuming
A Very bad experience
Admin (Former Employee) –  SydneyDecember 12, 2012
Servcorp culture is to sack their employees if they don't like them for any reason ( even personal) !!! If you work for an executive manager who simply doesn't like your look, your personality, your way of thinking, you will be fired!!!! Servcorp has a small team, but working closely with them they are all afraid of loosing their jobs because there is no job security what so ever no matter how hard they work!

I have experienced a very high employee turnover in less than 2 years! People decided to leave because of the too much pressure due to lack of staff, or they simply got fired!!

Servcorp applies a huge pressure on their staff, they are short staffed and people are working extra hours ( unpaid) respond to emails and calls 24 hours a day, and they are under extreme pressure to increase profit, there is no consideration for employees well being, work and life balance, or career progress, if the boss does not like you, you will not get anywhere no matter how hard you work!

Servcorp is loosing customers day after day, because of its bad internal operations and unprofessional service which does not reflect the company's image about being the finest serviced offices company in the world, the bad reputation is spreading all over the globe, they don't have a training manager or a training program for new employees, they just let you struggle on your own and beg other staff members to gain work place knowledge, and of course you get blamed at the end if the day!

I don't recommend Servcorp as an employer, although there are some good people there, but executive management are moody
  more... and rational, discriminative and unfair, a very disappointing career for a hard working individual!  less
Pros
non
Cons
short breaks, extended working hours!

Comment – March 18, 2015

Dear Former Team Member, While US Management is not able to directly address your stated concerns, we do encourage you to reach out to appropriate management in Sydney. The Servcorp Global Management team is committed to continuous improvement and your feedback can assist. Regards, Servcorp US Management

Gain of beneficial experiences and skills.
Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PASeptember 5, 2012
Working for Servcorp was an absolute dream from start to finish. Before I started working for Servcorp not only did I not know who the company was, but I had no idea that there was such a thing as a Virtual Office/Executive Suite company. The concept of the company fascinated me from the day of my interview and has never stopped.

There was no such thing as a "typical" day at Servcorp, which was one of the things I loved the most. As an executive assistant for a virtual office company you are exposed to numerous industries/tasks on a daily basis. From typical tasks like typing and calendar management to handling orientations and giving presentations for new clients I never knew what to expect when I stepped foot into the office every day.

Management was one of the biggest resources I had at my fingertips. I was internationally trained by some of Servcorp's senior managers and always felt like I learned more from them in a couple days then I could teach myself in a month.

Working at Servcorp helped me continue to grow my confidence level in the workplace and taught me that I do not always need to look to a manager/supervisor for guidance that I am able to take more initiative and trust myself,
Pros
excellent training/managers, fascinating industry
Worst employer I have experienced
Past employee (Former Employee) –  ChinaApril 15, 2012
I have worked in ServCorp china for a while. It is the worst employer I have ever seen. The manager was the greatest bully! Seriously, if you google the definition of workplace bully, you will get a sense of what kind of the work place it is. The manager I encountered was a great intimidator. Employees do not talk, they simply msn to each other. there was conflicts between managers, and they fight, like some kind of irrational adolescents. No morals existed in the office, but only pressures to charge clients, as much as they can! They believe "sales is ALWAYS the first priority". I believe "service is always the first priority"! I was impressed by their office location and nice interior design. But that's all they have!
Pros
prestigious location, nice interior design
Cons
no teamwork spirit.

Comment – March 18, 2015

Dear Former Team Member, While US Management is not able to directly address your stated concerns, we do encourage you to reach out to appropriate management in China. The Servcorp Global Management team is committed to continuous improvement and your feedback can assist. Regards, Servcorp US Management

Greate training program, high pressure working environment and dedicated to provide an exclusive level of customer service
Junior Executive Assistant (Current Employee) –  Downtown Los AngelesFebruary 12, 2012
I appriciate the IT training that was provided for me at this position which is an asset to my list of job skills and qualifications. I learned to work under high pressure and multitask and still execute the ultimate result with full attention to detail.

Effective business communication both in written and oral, is an uncompromisable requirement.

However, company refuses to pay over time in exchange of late hours of work. The only option offered is the complimentary time.
Pros
n/a
Cons
health, dental and vision insurance
Empresa de prestação de serviços
VENDAS (Former Employee) –  UTAH, CALIFÓRNIA, USASeptember 5, 2013
Razoável, voltada para o ramo de manutenção de edifícios e limpeza em geral.