Service Alternatives, Inc. Employee Reviews

Very fun place to work at.
Dialectical behaviour therapy facilitator (Former Employee) –  Washington StateDecember 14, 2017
I worked with a lot of different people trying to help them improve their quality of life. If i could go back i would in a heart beat. Great managers and very helpful individuals that work there. Lots of opportunity for advancment within the company.
Cons
Work with autistic individuals causes stress
Amazing place to work!
Employment Specialist/Job Coach (Current Employee) –  Everett, WAJune 19, 2017
I've been with this company almost 2 years now and I absolutely love what I do, the people I work with are amazing and the job brings great rewards every day.
Very busy job
Behavior Specialist BISS (Current Employee) –  EVERETT CFSMarch 24, 2017
This job is perfect for someone whom like working with youth, enjoys helping and guiding them to build skillful resecpt and helping them through many different areas that they may need help. The job is fun and ever changing, some days you have 2 youth someday you have 6. Working here always puts a smile on my face. The job is fun, enjoyable and sometimes challenging but the end goal is always great. This job takes lots of patience and selfcare to be sure you are always up for the days tasks. You always have to think of safety 1st. So if you are driven by helping and supporting youth from all walks of life and behaviours this is perfect.
As for support our Resdiental coordinator, case managers and program manager are always there. The staff are great and it's like a strong family working for one goal.
Pros
Staff are amazing, always work to do, always something different never the same thing everyday
Cons
Pay is low
I always feel supported by leadership
Behavioral Intervention and Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Everett, WAMarch 22, 2017
I work overnights 6 nights a week (including Fri, Sat, and Sun)

I have nice things to say about the people I work with.
The Program Manager is a patient person who seems to emphasize education over discipline.
The Residential Coordinator is very direct about what is expected and gives you opportunities to learn how to best manage your time.

I enjoy the solitude of the overnight shifts, and the short amount of time I am working with youth in the mornings when getting them up for school.

We get a pretty regular turn around of teenagers who come into and leave our program.
Pros
Infrequent schedule changes.
Cons
My mom said, If you don't have anything nice to say...
Very employee and customer oriented.
Employment Specialist (Former Employee) –  Oak Harbor, WAMarch 21, 2017
I loved working here, the other staff are very helpful and my supervisor tried her best to assist me in being successful. The job was very rewarding and innovative.
Pros
Comped food, miles, vacation time, healthcare.
Cons
No breaks
Great company to work for but needs more cohesive management throughout company.
EMPLOYMENT SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  Oak Harbor, WASeptember 15, 2015
Loved working for this company only issue was that the standards were changing from month to month on how to prepare paperwork and forms and there was no real coaching on how to properly fill out forms reports throughout the company what was good and correct in one division was not so in another.
Pros
great co-workers and clients, good hours
Cons
health care benefits were not great and standard changed changed from location to location.
accounts payable, accounts receivable, customer service, personnel files
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Renton, WAOctober 22, 2014
A typical day at work consisted of answering phone calls, assisting program managers and staff with any questions they may have in regard to company policies or pay. I was the first contact to the region for social workers, case managers and licensors as well as internal staff and management. My duties were to maintain the income for the contracts held with the state of Washington for the children that we cared for as well as paying all utilities and repairs for the program homes that the children were residing.
Pros
Loved the people I worked with. Great group
Cons
Because of the turnaround of administrators, expectations became extremely variable.