Service By Air Employee Reviews

Learned alot working in Logistics
Customer Service Representative/ Logistics (Former Employee) –  Carson, CASeptember 8, 2015
My day would vary everytime I would come in but I was always prepared. Service By Air was a good company to work for. I learned about about shipping art internationally and shipping art domestically as well. I was running an Art account while working for Service By Air. I would track and book shipments as well as customer support to my client. Office was much more of a "to yourself" office, but people in the office got along. Very different coming from a setting from Jambe Juice. Benefits were horrible, very expensive to be exact.
Med size office with friendly staff
CREDIT ANALYST (Current Employee) –  WOODBURY NYJuly 1, 2015
Work with 11 people in a/r dept
Print daily report of customers with terms of either account past due, credit exceeded or do not ship - review the report as far as recent payments to see if terms can be changed
Notify terminal manager when an account becomes slow in paying invoices so that they can contact the customer to see if there is a problem
Try and keep to myself - will involve my manager when I need help with something
I stay out of co-workers private lives
There really isn't anything hard about my job. I like it because I'm very good at it
Pros
FREE LUNCH TWICE A MONTH
Cons
2 WEEKS VACATION NO MATTER HOW LONG YOU WORK THERE
Tight night work group with the ability to get the job done
Domestic Operations Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Coppell, TXMay 17, 2013
I have literally grown up throughout my entire adulthood working for the owners of this company and many of the people that have come through the doors to this firm whether from companies prior both as coworking relationships or vendor and even customer working relationships.

I will greatly miss working for this firm, but feel it is time to move forward.

The Air Freight industry is extremely demanding and definitely not for the faint of heart or nerve. It is time for my energy and focus in life to be spread more evenly rather than condensed down to just work load alone.
Pros
Very family oriented close knit group of people.
Cons
heavy work load. taxing of level of mental stress and time
Nice people, and i liked being my own boss most of the time
Truck Driver/Shipping and Receiving Clerk (Former Employee) –  Bensenville, ILMay 26, 2015
Overall I was delivering materials to customers and picking up from customers, but after I was done with that I was loading and unloading trucks which made my work day about twelve hours. I liked the overtime but it got to be to much.In my opinion they needed someone to be in charge of the dock.
Pros
My own boss
Cons
too much overtime, not enough employees
Solid Organization
Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIOctober 7, 2012
Service By Air is a solid and reputable company that is committed to giving full customer service to their customers. The hard part of this job is the size of our office. It is only the manager and myself. While I have learned a lot about logistics, I feel the need to expand my knowledge with a larger company. I have been working here for over 12 years, and feel the need for change, as I feel it will create new challenges for me
Pros
very solid logistics company
Cons
too small of an office. not growing
great oppertunity and overall learning experince
Warehouse Supervisor/Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CASeptember 19, 2012
A fast pace invorment from when i opened till close , a lot of cusomesrs learnd how to multytask and use my time efficent in the day to day operations from inbound, outbound, order processing, domestic & internatianal projects, one person cant do it alone is a conglomerate of fine people working together executing the same purpose, a great service, and never a dull day.
Pros
on the job training
Cons
healthcare
Enjoyed working with the other staff members and customers
Shipment Operation/Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Denver, COMarch 3, 2014
Busy work enviroment. Enjoyed working with coworkers had opportunites to do new things. There were not enough hours in the work day to finish all work so worked late on many days. I loved working with the customers.
Pros
Busy made the day go buy fast
Cons
Had to work late to finish deadlines.
great place too work for
Warehouseman (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCJune 23, 2012
The work force they have is like family.Management is very understanding when it comes down to employees.
Pros
company shows appreciation with cookouts every quarter
Cons
breaks comes as the day is needed and the is done
Family owned Company
Secretary/Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNMarch 6, 2013
I answered phones, filed paperwork, labeled boxes.. I chose to not work there anymore to get out of the family business and be more independent.
A typical day at work
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXOctober 9, 2014
Job has a relax environment. Friendly people. Trucking business.