Service Champions Employee Reviews

Not all is as it seems-Untrustworthly Management
Manager (Former Employee) –  Pleasanton, CAMay 30, 2017
If you want to have a life outside of this company and work 45-50 hours per week-you are considered "unengaged" in the company and you are looked down on. Managers put up a great facade so that their team only sees what they want them to see. Underneath-upper management dont have employee's best interest in mind. All they care about is profit, how much this person adds to the overhead and how much they bring in to the company. They push people to sell repairs and replacements even if not necessary or this person may lose their job. Shady business.
Great company Great people to work with
Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Yorba Linda, CAMay 8, 2017
I worked there for a few years and I loved it, if I wouldn't of left the state I would probably still be working there, if I ever come back I would apply again.
average company that pushes sales
Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Pleasanton, CAApril 19, 2017
working there, everyone is required to sell up and push sales to every customer. i was a dispatcher and that is not in my background, I'm not comfortable up-selling to vulnerable elderly people. (Elderly on a fixed income is a majority of the customer base.)

they also insisted that i end every phone call with "make it a great day" when i would say, "have a great day", i would get verbal disciplinary action. When asked why cant i say, "have a great day" my managers response was, "because we want the customer to go out and MAKE it a great day!" that's just way too extra for me and i am not an unpleasant CSR by any means.
Pros
paid weekly
Cons
up-sell is pushed on everyone in the company
Horrible place don't recommend
Install Helper (Former Employee) –  Pleasanton, CADecember 30, 2016
This place sucks its like a cult. The management is horrible. The service techs are not real service techs but only lying salesman who brag about how good they are at ripping people off. The parts guys are lazy and horrible at their job. Be ready to work 12 hours a day for low pay. Be ready to be micromanaged about everything. DON'T recommend unless you like being part of a cult and being micromanaged all time.
Pros
Nothing everything sucks
Cons
Management, work life balance, pay, micromanagement, cult atmosphere
Great benefits, not for everyone
TECHNICIAN (Former Employee) –  Concord, CAOctober 14, 2016
It was common to see people come and go frequently. Many apply and get hired but soon quit when they find out whats required. I enjoyed the sales part and the competitiveness.
Your salary is based on how much you sell. Maintenance techs will make around 50,000-65,000. S1 and S2's will make close to 100,000.
Comfort advisors make the most around 150k-200k. But there is almost no chance you become one. They normally hire car salesmen or other guys with sales experience.
Pros
Get your own truck. Benefits.
Cons
Stress, expectations. Unfriendly management.
Damanding job. Expect to push for sales for commission
Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Yorba Linda, CAOctober 11, 2016
You can excel at this job if you're good at pushing sales. This is high pressured sales company much more than it is a repair and service company. If you don't mind being dishonest and are good at pressuring people to buy unnecessary service and completely new units, the pay isn't bad. If you have morals and just want to do your job the right way, this place is probably not for you. It wasn't right for me.
Pros
Potential to make money from commission
Cons
Too much of a sales-based company
The Sales Focused non sales job
Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Concord, CASeptember 16, 2016
If you have the gift of gab and don't mind working long hours for an inconsistent check this may be the job for you. Pay is based on an algorithm that incentivizes people to sell parts to people that don't even need them, so that you can afford to pay your bills. Management stresses this isn't a sales job but if you don't hit your numbers for the quarter in sales then they get the ax sharpened real quick. high turnover rate in most centers is due to management style, however the owner has his stuff put together. working with individuals who have no experience in field environments can make on call rotations absolutely dreadful. not to mention if the office misplaces paperwork you get hit with the book. payout of commissions is very inconsistent and if not tracked properly the company will keep your money.
Pros
The owners wants to create a unique job culture that encourages advancement and education
Cons
Different culture in every center, lack of training provided, advancement is provded only if sales quota is met.
Don't recommend
Call Center Representative (Former Employee) –  Pleasanton, CAAugust 21, 2016
Seemed fun at first, and people are nice. But despite how it seems on the outside, the inside is not together. It's a sales company first and foremost. All about the numbers. Upper management are cool, but not involved enough. Middle management don't know what they are doing. They don't train like they should. They don't stay true to their core values. But the company does market very well. The call center does their best to keep customers happy. But it was a negative environment. If you want to work in HVAC or in a call center, there are plenty of other quality HVAC companies out there. Don't recommend.
Pros
nice people
Cons
micromanaging, poor pay
Great place to grow if you are comfortable selling
Maintenance Technician (Current Employee) –  Brea, CAJuly 18, 2016
The company and leadership is great and will pump you up to do a good job. They train and support you through the sales and repair aspect of the job, but if you aren't comfortable or are unwilling to get comfortable with sales, than you won't make the money that the rest of the techs make. You have to know this going in and they don't hide the fact from you, they train and support you on how to achieve those goals, but ultimately it falls on you to do the work. The hours will be long and sometimes you will end the day far from home, but that's part of the deal. Overall a god company for those who can sell.
Pros
Opportunity to make good money and training
Cons
work life balance and sales
Very demanding sales job
HVAC Service Technician (Current Employee) –  Pleasanton, CAMarch 14, 2016
I've been with service champions for less than a year as a service technician. It's a very tough job when it comes to a work/life balance. I work an average of 10-12 hours a day and drive upwards of 100+ miles daily. It is pretty straight forward when it comes to pay as it is a set amount to perform regular maintenance on furnace/ac systems. You are expected to sell and set leads for clients to purchase duct work or completely new heating and cooling systems. This isn't a job for anyone that doesn't like sales and there is a lot of pressure to "get something out of every call". The majority of the co-workers are great people minus the ones that set sleezy sales leads. The culture is one of a cult like atmosphere, but with hints of *sales sales and sales*!
Pros
Own truck, fun work environment
Cons
Long days, lot of driving, sales pressure
Nice start to a career.
Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Rocklin, CAJanuary 14, 2016
Company was great when I was hired on but is currently going through a lot of changes, directly effecting its original core values. Upper management is starting to stray from the base ideas of the company which are giving remarkable service and taking care of the clients. CEO is constantly changing compensation and ideas. Co-workers are nice and easy to get along with. Could be a nice company depending on changes in the next 3 months.
Pros
Great Benefits, Company Vehicle, Pay
Cons
Job Security, Ideas, Constantly Changing
Growing Company, Visibility to Goals & Incentives and Laid-back Environment
Support Staff (Current Employee) –  Pleasanton, CADecember 16, 2015
The Owner's vision is embraced by all team members, the Management Team and center GM's. From the moment you set foot into the building you are aware of the high standards and brand that is driven by the successful consistent message founded on the principles of the Company's Core Values. Whether you are coming on board to work as a Technician, Installer or Support Staff, the path is paved for you with attainable performance milestones to meet, achieve & exceed. The Company CULTure is very friendly, open, caring and energetic, so if you are looking for a career to excel in with a positive environment this would be a company I would recommend.
Pros
Flexible Hours
Cons
Parking and building interior/departments are separated (renovation coming soon)
A company that feels more like a family
Inventory & Purchasing Analyst (Current Employee) –  Pleasanton, CADecember 16, 2015
Ok, so where do I begin....
I was working at a Pharmaceutical Company and although I was content there, i wasn't satisfied. I wanted to get back into Inventory Control so I applied for jobs. Service Champions answered my call back in 2014. I interviewed and I got the job! Warehouse Supervisor was my title and it was a challenging and stressful job, just like any other job! I enjoyed being able to come in at 6:30 AM and next thing I knew it was time to go home!
A year after working as a Warehouse Supervisor, a job opening for an Inventory & Purchasing Analyst opened up and I jumped to the opportunity. Now I am in said position and learning even more on this field is all I could ask for!
The owner of the company, in my personal opinion, has to be the most human company owner I've met! He takes the time to ask you how you are doing and shows true interest. He doesn't fake his smile, he truly and genuinely cares for you answer. His 6 Core Values are followed for the most part throughout the company. We are, after all, imperfect human beings. But that's what makes the company feel more like a family.
I do would like to see management more involved with their employees. I feel like there's so much work that they don't tend to all needs of their employees and, although it's not a big effect, it does affect enough where negativity may incur.
I'm still waiting for my review that's 3 months overdue. But i'm a patient guy. :)
The most enjoyable part of my job is to come into the office every morning and be greeted with a warm good morning from all my teammates.
The hardest
  more... part of my job is the lack of training on other centers that affects my day to day processes. Better training = Easier workday for me.
I've learned through working here that you don't let your day determine how your attitude but your attitude will determine your day!

If you are looking for a company that will welcome you with no experience, invest their time and money in training you and give you opportunities to grow as a professional, you've found it! And the fact that you'll acquire a big family in the process is just a plus!
Pros
Great Teammates, Owner is a great person, Management is friendly, Goal Oriented Company, Lots of opportunities to grow
Cons
Needs more training, SOP's to be implemented, More Parking
Don't even bother.
maintenance technician (Former Employee) –  Pleasanton, CANovember 13, 2015
This company talk a big deal about their core value in actually all they car about is money. They fail to follow through with almost all position agreements. I work for SC for 18 months and saw a revolving door of employees. I understand some people are not fit for hvac work but to see 10-20 people including managers either get fired or quit. They also say they will train you which is total bs, very little traiming is done in house other than the relationship building guide which is just a sales ploy. This company does have a very cult atmosphere and if you don't drink the cool-aid they will make your life very difficult. They honestly don't care about you unless you hit your numbers. I started here with no experience in hvac and trained myself through trial and error and YouTube. If you want to get into the trade go union.
Pros
Possibly make a lot of money
Cons
They do not follow through with what they say unless you like ducking up.
Productive & Fun Workplace with Ping Pong Table
Director of People (Current Employee) –  Pleasanton, CAOctober 7, 2015
I was directly recruited to Service Champions to be a recruiter. It is a fun place to work. The management team is very supportive and are very interested how Team Members are personally growing and developing. Even though numbers are important, we are more concerned about connecting with people and creating memorable experiences. There are some growing pains that are to be expected as we are a rapidly growing company. Not unlike any other performance oriented culture, there is a high pressure to perform and succeed. The most enjoyable part of my job is working along side my colleagues and learning from them.
Pros
Financially stable company, with awesome culture & set of core values
Cons
High pressure to perform, depending on the postion work life balance not favorable
Fun people to work with
Appointment Setter/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Pleasanton, CAJuly 5, 2015
Learned about the HVAC system through this company and how it all works. The owner is a great person to work for and is kind. Made new friends at this company and worked with some old friends and people that I worked with in other companies it was great
Pros
End of the year parties were always great and in different areas
Cons
Health care for part time employees
Srvice Company
HVAC/R Service Technician (Current Employee) –  Yorba Linda, CADecember 29, 2014
Above Average service Company started from mom and pop shop...
very physical job, warehouse was not safe
Warehouse Assistant (Former Employee) –  Yorba Linda, CAApril 11, 2014
Restocking the installers truck from an inventory list. Maintaining stock in the warehouse of AC supplies, air conditioners, furnaces, etc. Going to the job site to pick up old furnaces and air conditioners and any other scrap or trash. Going to the distributors to pick up materials and equipment. Unloading the truck of scrap equipment and trash. Maintaining the service on company vehicles. Scheduling the crane trucks for the job sites.

The hardest part of the job was dealing with management who were not open to safety suggestions nor improvements for the warehouse.

The most enjoyable part of the job was to go to the job sites and help the installers.
Cons
small arehouse, not open for suggestions
Awesome Goal Specific Company
HVAC Maintenance Tech (Former Employee) –  Pleasanton, CAFebruary 5, 2014
Very involved and intense company to work for especially when it comes to performing the tasks required to reach the company's goals monthly, quarterly and the whole year. Tools, Schooling (training), and Mandatory meetings are equipping the employees to perform above and beyond their capacities to be a high caliber performer in order to reach the company's ultimate goal.
Pros
pay, employees, schedule, work condition
Honest, Independant..
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Yorba Linda, CAJune 19, 2013
Learned a lot of the technical field of HVAC through SC. Trained and EPA certified though in-house technical programs. Long days but not every day. Family orientated. Technician brotherhood.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Service Champions. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval