Service Champions Employee Reviews in United States

Don't recommend
Call Center Representative (Former Employee) –  Pleasanton, CAAugust 21, 2016
Seemed fun at first, and people are nice. But despite how it seems on the outside, the inside is not together. It's a sales company first and foremost. All about the numbers. Upper management are cool, but not involved enough. Middle management don't know what they are doing. They don't train like they should. They don't stay true to their core values. But the company does market very well. The call center does their best to keep customers happy. But it was a negative environment. If you want to work in HVAC or in a call center, there are plenty of other quality HVAC companies out there. Don't recommend.
Pros
nice people
Cons
micromanaging, poor pay
Air conditioner salesmen/Con-artists
Maintenance Technician (Current Employee) –  Brea, CAJune 11, 2016
If you're ready to rip people off then "Sales Champions" is the place for you. If can't rip people off and convince them to buy a new system then you will be pressured to quit. $25 bux per call is what they pay and it doesnt go up no matter how long you are there. If a customer needs a $15 dollar capacitor you better tell the homeowner they need a motor, condenser coil, contactor as well or your boss will not be happy.
Pros
Commission if you can sell, sell, sell
Cons
$25 bux per call some calls take more than 2 hours plus driving
Very demanding sales job
HVAC Service Technician (Current Employee) –  Pleasanton, CAMarch 14, 2016
I've been with service champions for less than a year as a service technician. It's a very tough job when it comes to a work/life balance. I work an average of 10-12 hours a day and drive upwards of 100+ miles daily. It is pretty straight forward when it comes to pay as it is a set amount to perform regular maintenance on furnace/ac systems. You are expected to sell and set leads for clients to purchase duct work or completely new heating and cooling systems. This isn't a job for anyone that doesn't like sales and there is a lot of pressure to "get something out of every call". The majority of the co-workers are great people minus the ones that set sleezy sales leads. The culture is one of a cult like atmosphere, but with hints of *sales sales and sales*!
Pros
Own truck, fun work environment
Cons
Long days, lot of driving, sales pressure
Nice start to a career.
Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Rocklin, CAJanuary 14, 2016
Company was great when I was hired on but is currently going through a lot of changes, directly effecting its original core values. Upper management is starting to stray from the base ideas of the company which are giving remarkable service and taking care of the clients. CEO is constantly changing compensation and ideas. Co-workers are nice and easy to get along with. Could be a nice company depending on changes in the next 3 months.
Pros
Great Benefits, Company Vehicle, Pay
Cons
Job Security, Ideas, Constantly Changing
Growing Company, Visibility to Goals & Incentives and Laid-back Environment
Support Staff (Current Employee) –  Pleasanton, CADecember 16, 2015
The Owner's vision is embraced by all team members, the Management Team and center GM's. From the moment you set foot into the building you are aware of the high standards and brand that is driven by the successful consistent message founded on the principles of the Company's Core Values. Whether you are coming on board to work as a Technician, Installer or Support Staff, the path is paved for you with attainable performance milestones to meet, achieve & exceed. The Company CULTure is very friendly, open, caring and energetic, so if you are looking for a career to excel in with a positive environment this would be a company I would recommend.
Pros
Flexible Hours
Cons
Parking and building interior/departments are separated (renovation coming soon)
A company that feels more like a family
Inventory & Purchasing Analyst (Current Employee) –  Pleasanton, CADecember 16, 2015
Ok, so where do I begin....
I was working at a Pharmaceutical Company and although I was content there, i wasn't satisfied. I wanted to get back into Inventory Control so I applied for jobs. Service Champions answered my call back in 2014. I interviewed and I got the job! Warehouse Supervisor was my title and it was a challenging and stressful job, just like any other job! I enjoyed being able to come in at 6:30 AM and next thing I knew it was time to go home!
A year after working as a Warehouse Supervisor, a job opening for an Inventory & Purchasing Analyst opened up and I jumped to the opportunity. Now I am in said position and learning even more on this field is all I could ask for!
The owner of the company, in my personal opinion, has to be the most human company owner I've met! He takes the time to ask you how you are doing and shows true interest. He doesn't fake his smile, he truly and genuinely cares for you answer. His 6 Core Values are followed for the most part throughout the company. We are, after all, imperfect human beings. But that's what makes the company feel more like a family.
I do would like to see management more involved with their employees. I feel like there's so much work that they don't tend to all needs of their employees and, although it's not a big effect, it does affect enough where negativity may incur.
I'm still waiting for my review that's 3 months overdue. But i'm a patient guy. :)
The most enjoyable part of my job is to come into the office every morning and be greeted with a warm good morning from all my teammates.
The hardest
  more... part of my job is the lack of training on other centers that affects my day to day processes. Better training = Easier workday for me.
I've learned through working here that you don't let your day determine how your attitude but your attitude will determine your day!

If you are looking for a company that will welcome you with no experience, invest their time and money in training you and give you opportunities to grow as a professional, you've found it! And the fact that you'll acquire a big family in the process is just a plus!
Pros
Great Teammates, Owner is a great person, Management is friendly, Goal Oriented Company, Lots of opportunities to grow
Cons
Needs more training, SOP's to be implemented, More Parking
Don't even bother.
maintenance technician (Former Employee) –  Pleasanton, CANovember 13, 2015
This company talk a big deal about their core value in actually all they car about is money. They fail to follow through with almost all position agreements. I work for SC for 18 months and saw a revolving door of employees. I understand some people are not fit for hvac work but to see 10-20 people including managers either get fired or quit. They also say they will train you which is total bs, very little traiming is done in house other than the relationship building guide which is just a sales ploy. This company does have a very cult atmosphere and if you don't drink the cool-aid they will make your life very difficult. They honestly don't care about you unless you hit your numbers. I started here with no experience in hvac and trained myself through trial and error and YouTube. If you want to get into the trade go union.
Pros
Possibly make a lot of money
Cons
They do not follow through with what they say unless you like ducking up.
Productive & Fun Workplace with Ping Pong Table
Director of People (Current Employee) –  Pleasanton, CAOctober 7, 2015
I was directly recruited to Service Champions to be a recruiter. It is a fun place to work. The management team is very supportive and are very interested how Team Members are personally growing and developing. Even though numbers are important, we are more concerned about connecting with people and creating memorable experiences. There are some growing pains that are to be expected as we are a rapidly growing company. Not unlike any other performance oriented culture, there is a high pressure to perform and succeed. The most enjoyable part of my job is working along side my colleagues and learning from them.
Pros
Financially stable company, with awesome culture & set of core values
Cons
High pressure to perform, depending on the postion work life balance not favorable
Fun people to work with
Appointment Setter/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Pleasanton, CAJuly 5, 2015
Learned about the HVAC system through this company and how it all works. The owner is a great person to work for and is kind. Made new friends at this company and worked with some old friends and people that I worked with in other companies it was great
Pros
End of the year parties were always great and in different areas
Cons
Health care for part time employees
Srvice Company
HVAC/R Service Technician (Current Employee) –  Yorba Linda, CADecember 29, 2014
Above Average service Company started from mom and pop shop...
very physical job, warehouse was not safe
Warehouse Assistant (Former Employee) –  Yorba Linda, CAApril 11, 2014
Restocking the installers truck from an inventory list. Maintaining stock in the warehouse of AC supplies, air conditioners, furnaces, etc. Going to the job site to pick up old furnaces and air conditioners and any other scrap or trash. Going to the distributors to pick up materials and equipment. Unloading the truck of scrap equipment and trash. Maintaining the service on company vehicles. Scheduling the crane trucks for the job sites.

The hardest part of the job was dealing with management who were not open to safety suggestions nor improvements for the warehouse.

The most enjoyable part of the job was to go to the job sites and help the installers.
Cons
small arehouse, not open for suggestions
Awesome Goal Specific Company
HVAC Maintenance Tech (Former Employee) –  Pleasanton, CAFebruary 5, 2014
Very involved and intense company to work for especially when it comes to performing the tasks required to reach the company's goals monthly, quarterly and the whole year. Tools, Schooling (training), and Mandatory meetings are equipping the employees to perform above and beyond their capacities to be a high caliber performer in order to reach the company's ultimate goal.
Pros
pay, employees, schedule, work condition
Honest, Independant..
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Yorba Linda, CAJune 19, 2013
Learned a lot of the technical field of HVAC through SC. Trained and EPA certified though in-house technical programs. Long days but not every day. Family orientated. Technician brotherhood.
Be ready to work for 12 hours and at times only have 75 dollars, Commison Based only
service tech (Current Employee) –  yorba linda, and drive all over the place.March 8, 2013
This outfit has 7 core values, Respect-Accountability-Compassion -Enthusiasm -Team work-integrity-punctuality. The outfit lacks a majority of them. They disregard drive time, they micromanage, and every manager at the shop is a know it all. The shop preys on fresh out of school technicians, those that do not "know" the industry. They will hire anyone that knows how to communicate, and if you don't know how to work on it...Dont worry you don't need to know it. This shop is 100% "merchandising" also known s SALES.

The shop pays, in spiff pay, meaning if you sell a service you are paid a flat rate for the service or repair.

if you are a lead generator for equipment, they pay 4-8% if you are in there "service tech" position, and 2% if your are maintenance 1 or 2.

in order to set a lead, one must put an hour to four hours to set a lead, but heaven for bid their "supervisors" (a phantom) salesman blows the sale, you earned $25 dollars for 2-4hours of work.

The shop has a "cult" atmosphere, the technicians are master bullshitters and know it alls. Some sales reps, that play the phony "supervisor" roll, have a horrible attitude and feel as if they are gods gift to the company.
Pros
take the van home, gas card, tool account available, plenty of work
Cons
12 hour days. irrational routes.. trained thiefs
team is very close and work well together
Lead Sales Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Yorba Linda, CAFebruary 1, 2013
Very busy from the beginning of my day until the end. I am a lead coordinator who handles the sales representatives all the way to the senior technicians. I enjoy the team work and being pushed to be the best I can be. I love challenges and encouraging my team mates.
Pros
outbounding for extra money company trips and christmas parties
Cons
turn over rate is high within the company

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Service Champions. Our community is ready to answer.

Service Champions Reviews by Location