Service Experts Employee Reviews

Varied work day fun, fast paced enjoyable
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Saint Charles, ILMarch 17, 2017
manager was fair, willing to teach, train fun to work for. Room for advancement, varied duties to preform, family oriented. Worked with all employees or departments
Pros
Room for advancement, close to resturants and shopping, limited traffic
Cons
pay could be better, techs more willing to change routes
MECHANICAL ENGINEER (Former Employee) –  Dublin, CAMarch 14, 2017
Be on time and make sure your organized! This job doesn't allow for much of a life but if your looking to make some sales and dont mind working overtime
Pros
Paid training
Cons
employee moral
Human Resources Administrative ASSISTANT II (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXOctober 25, 2016
Service Experts s a great company,they offered great benefits,which is always a plus. The team was great to work with.me, and my manager was very nice.
work atmosphere
Human Resource Generalist (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZAugust 28, 2016
My work day is filled with excitement, fulfillment and being productive for the team. Core values for the corporation are outstanding with treating all staff like family. Great place to work
Pros
getting to meet the demands of my duties
Cons
N/A
Friendly Laid Back Corporate Environment
Accounts Payable Support III (Current Employee) –  Plano, TXJuly 19, 2016
This is a really nice company to work for. I have learned a lot about different aspects of business. I have had both the best Managers/Supervisors, but also the worse. My co-workers are very smart and capable, but aren't utilized to their full potential.
What I enjoy most, is the co-workers are the best.
Too much change
Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  FloridaJune 13, 2016
ownership changes killing culture and company. Management needs to settle in and find a direction. Good potential to grow as marketshare is still relatively low.
Well established and friendly place to work
Director Call Center/Software Manager (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXJanuary 22, 2016
Contract position however I was treated no different then regular direct hired employees. Solid management staff and good thought process prior to making changes.
Production Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLNovember 24, 2015
I love all the people I work with. Were like family Good place to work this was a high stress environment which I love. I work best under pressure and fast pace environment
New GM is a joke!
Customer service support (Former Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLSeptember 23, 2015
I started in June 2015. A week after I started, the GM left. A month later the Operations Manger left followed my Office manager 2 weeks later. Things were going great, I was about to get promoted to lead dispatcher. Then a new GM came in. Selfish, careless man. He wanted to make sure all knew HE was in charge. He fired me without reason. I worked my butt off working up to 67hrs in one week. Never late, never missing a day, no write ups, no warnings but all he could say was it just "wasn't working out" and I was "still in my probationary period!" Mind you, a coworker had 2 write ups already, no transportation (bumming rides off coworkers everyday) missing days left and right. But I got let go, and he got promoted instead!
He is going to run the company in the ground! He has no idea how to run a successful business!
Cons
No organization, terrible communication and lots of lies!
Office Manager
Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Shreveport, LASeptember 19, 2015
Enjoyed working for Service Experts.

I helped the office run smoothly.

I processed payroll for Technicians and Installers. Processed Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivables. Keeping all files and paperwork organized.

The environment was pleasant and enjoyable.
Pros
Environment
Techs
Residential hvac sales (Current Employee) –  Gaithersburg, MDJuly 24, 2015
Outside sales to residential customers. Techs pressured to turn over leads, so some customers were not told truth about possible issues that may not have had.
Pros
Origional manager
Cons
manager who replaced 1st manager
Enjoyable work place
Lead Service Tech (Former Employee) –  Overland Park, KSApril 10, 2015
A typical day was running 6-8 service calls a day. Helping our younger techs troubleshoot issues, as well as helped train our younger techs on boilers both steam and water.
always know what you will be doing.
Installer (Current Employee) –  Plano, TexasFebruary 25, 2015
fun work always get along with other co-workers, trying to get out of the attic to beat the heat of the Texas day. No review to know where i stand, or where i need to improve on. It has improved my leader skill, multitasking tasks.
Pros
busy during the summer
Cons
slow in the cold, healthcare
Fun yet crazy
Customer Service Specialist (Current Employee) –  Garland, TXJanuary 29, 2015
This job is a fun place to work with the co workers when the general manager is not around. When the General Manager is there, my co-workers turn into different people and are consistently screaming and fighting with one another. The General Manager is a numbers driven type of person. Does not allow the person that in which he is speaking with to supply an answer that would explain the down fall in the set of numbers in which he is looking at. The most enjoyable part of my job is the people that I work with inside of the office. We all have a good time working together and laughing together.
Pros
co-workers
Cons
General Manager not looking at the entire situation that is presented
RUN! Totally unprofessional, A JOKE!
Tech, sales rep. (Former Employee) –  SavannahJanuary 10, 2015
Savannah branch was a decent HVAC dealer years ago when it was known as Coastal Heating & Air. In recent years, the local branch has become a joke in the market under Service Experts management. Service Experts went under in 2013, and it was reopened under hedge fund ownership not long afterward. Savannah has continual turnover at all positions, and it actually only had 1 or 2 techs who could actually repair systems when I was there. All the others were hacks. They also hire people OFF THE STREET, have a hire ride with a HACK tech for a couple of weeks or so, THEN they street that new hire as a TECH! They actually use HIGH PRESSUR E tactics to sell new systems when existing systems are repairable or serviceable. The place is cutthroat, pay is miserable and it benefits are a joke. Do yourself a favor and apply to pretty much ANY OTHER HVAC firm in the country or locally, and you will be better off.
Pros
Cons
Everything. If no stars were a choice, would have chosen that.
Do not work for service experts jupiter
EMPLOYED JUPITER (Former Employee) –  JUPITER, FLOctober 23, 2014
Do not work for service experts in jupiter. Everyone is sleeping with each other! The management is a joke! Many employees have failed drug tests and are crashing vehicles. This company is disgusting!
Cons
BAD MANAGEMENT, DRUG ABUSE, FAILED TESTS
Training could be better
HVAC Technician (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCSeptember 4, 2014
I worked in the Raleigh, NC branch. Management was supportive and knowledgeable. Pay and training was lacking. The industry is always changing, but the training did not support that. The Raleigh branch is one of the top-selling branches. No Christmas bonus for the two years I was there. I needed to transfer branches and was told I could do it. The branch I was transferring to told me to come. Before starting at new branch, I was told that there was no space for me. Poor management from Savannah branch.
Pros
job security
Cons
pay and training
not great place to work for
Service Technician III (Current Employee) –  Broken Arrow, OKFebruary 17, 2014
need to change a lot of things at corperate level. need more people working in the field than in office buildings.
Horrible place to work (former employee)
MAINTANCE TECH (Former Employee) –  OVERLAND PARK KSFebruary 3, 2014
I was hired as a maintanece tech I worked there in overland park ks I did not receive my full paycheck the 1st, 2nd, 3rd or 4th time I have been dumped on by multiple people including corporate office I have had to call my bill companies and reschedule payments cause numerous people have dropped the ball and not cared enough to inform the person who it affects me!!!! I have had enough I am going to call news stations and spread over social media about how this company has ripped me off and not vowed to take care of it this is the end!!
Pros
NONE
Cons
THE COMPANY AS A WHOLE
Lead HVAC TECHNICIAN (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHJanuary 2, 2014
Great place to work. Hours were slow. Only work 25-30 hours a week.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Service Experts. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8