Service Experts Employee Reviews

Lack of hours
Plumber (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHFebruary 3, 2018
Wasn't getting enough hours,and management never followed up on anything they tell you.example....raises,schooling,advancement ect...they will tell you what you want to hear,but never follow through on it.you are nothing but a number,and only their numbers matter for corperate!!!VERY questionable sales techniques with the sales reps!! Enjoyed working with the techs,but the manager seems like he's up in over his head.averaged about 30 hours a week on a good week .certainly not a place to make a career move too due to lack of hours,and customers.
Pros
Own truck, and freedom
Cons
Hours, management
work unsteady
Staff Accountant, Heating and A/C (Former Employee) –  Westminster, CONovember 1, 2017
Did not pay on outstanding invoices in a timely fashion. Was behind in sales taxes. On hold with most vendors. Working quotes were never fair, very biased.
Pros
small business
Cons
management
Very hoatile environment regarding supervisor
Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Jupiter, FLOctober 27, 2017
The department would have been better served without a supervisor who was extremely unprofessional and had you walking on egg shells. Very hostile environment in the office regarding one employee.
Pros
The pay
Not the great place to work at.
HVAC Installer (Former Employee) –  Ogden, UTOctober 17, 2017
A typical day at work was getting the truck ready to take care of customers; going at the work location with material and starting the job.
Management was not really procedure/safety followers; dangerous.
The hardest part of the job was to do the right thing when being criticized.
The best thing was the salary.
good place
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXSeptember 6, 2017
I enjoyed working at Service Experts. The workers all were great to work with and helped me learn more about the job. the management also was good and knew how to schedule your work for the day with little to no problems.
company has changed directions
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHSeptember 6, 2017
new ownership, not familiar with company direction today, dont know any personnel working there any longer. would not be responsible to comment or assume.
Pros
skill and management education
Great Opportunity
Residential Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Ft. Myers, FLAugust 20, 2017
Great company to work for with lots of advancement opportunities. If you like having set standards to follow and making money then this is the place for you. Management expects the best performance from all of the employees all the time, so if you like flying under the radar and you don't like working hard this might not be the place for you.
Pros
Advancement Opportunities
Great Business but can be Seasonal
RESIDENTIAL HVAC-HOME IMPROVEMENT SALES (Former Employee) –  Charleston, SCAugust 10, 2017
Great rewarding business, but can be Seasonal, and Competition is great. Interesting work and loved the ability to solve customers with home comfort issues. I enjoyed Residential interaction.
Pros
Rewarding
Cons
The Competition
Busy work environment with a great deal to do
Job Production (Former Employee) –  Pflugerville, TXJuly 18, 2017
As soon as you walk through the door, you're busy. It doesn't stop until the moment you leave. It keeps you busy and on your toes all day. They're a good company to work for, though. They pay well and treat their employers with respect.
Pros
Benefits and over time
Cons
no cons that i can think of
Fun workplace with great staff and management.
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXJuly 13, 2017
I Found this place challenging yet rewarding. The staff and management have excellent attitudes and one can benefit from good healthcare plus 401k. Overall great place to work with nice vans and opportunity to advance if you apply yourself.
Great company with excellent benefits
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Beavercreek, OHJune 25, 2017
Working for Service Experts is an excellent opportunity. They offer great benefits. You are surrounded by people that love to work just as much as you do. My day ends with me feeling like I've made a difference!
very fast paced environment
HVAC Technician (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNMay 24, 2017
never a lack of work here. sales driven and fast paced environment. Long hours, especially in the summer months. buckle up if you work here because its gonna be a ride.
Chaotic unorganized organization
Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Overland Park, KSApril 1, 2017
The job was revolved around sales and numbers, whoever sells the best get the best jobs. Jobs were unorganized and often chaotic. Training for employees wasn't there and lacking.
Pros
Free breakfast and lunchs
Cons
long days often 12+ hours
learning experience
Service Technician I (Former Employee) –  Macon, GAMarch 28, 2017
Started my career at Service Experts, later found that I was seeking for more learning. I wanted to learn more of the commercial side of the industry so I moved on. Hours were SLOW in the colder months also so pay was not good .
Cons
Could not advance
Varied work day fun, fast paced enjoyable
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Saint Charles, ILMarch 17, 2017
manager was fair, willing to teach, train fun to work for. Room for advancement, varied duties to preform, family oriented. Worked with all employees or departments
Pros
Room for advancement, close to resturants and shopping, limited traffic
Cons
pay could be better, techs more willing to change routes
MECHANICAL ENGINEER (Former Employee) –  Dublin, CAMarch 14, 2017
Be on time and make sure your organized! This job doesn't allow for much of a life but if your looking to make some sales and dont mind working overtime
Pros
Paid training
Cons
employee moral
Human Resources Administrative ASSISTANT II (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXOctober 25, 2016
Service Experts s a great company,they offered great benefits,which is always a plus. The team was great to work with.me, and my manager was very nice.
work atmosphere
Human Resource Generalist (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZAugust 28, 2016
My work day is filled with excitement, fulfillment and being productive for the team. Core values for the corporation are outstanding with treating all staff like family. Great place to work
Pros
getting to meet the demands of my duties
Cons
N/a
Friendly Laid Back Corporate Environment
Accounts Payable Support III (Current Employee) –  Plano, TXJuly 19, 2016
This is a really nice company to work for. I have learned a lot about different aspects of business. I have had both the best Managers/Supervisors, but also the worse. My co-workers are very smart and capable, but aren't utilized to their full potential.
What I enjoy most, is the co-workers are the best.
Too much change
Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  FloridaJune 13, 2016
ownership changes killing culture and company. Management needs to settle in and find a direction. Good potential to grow as marketshare is still relatively low.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Service Experts. Our community is ready to answer.