Service Experts Employee Reviews in United States

New GM is a joke!
Customer service support (Former Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLSeptember 23, 2015
I started in June 2015. A week after I started, the GM left. A month later the Operations Manger left followed my Office manager 2 weeks later. Things were going great, I was about to get promoted to lead dispatcher. Then a new GM came in. Selfish, careless man. He wanted to make sure all knew HE was in charge. He fired me without reason. I worked my butt off working up to 67hrs in one week. Never late, never missing a day, no write ups, no warnings but all he could say was it just "wasn't working out" and I was "still in my probationary period!" Mind you, a coworker had 2 write ups already, no transportation (bumming rides off coworkers everyday) missing days left and right. But I got let go, and he got promoted instead!
He is going to run the company in the ground! He has no idea how to run a successful business!
Cons
No organization, terrible communication and lots of lies!
Well established and friendly place to work
Director Call Center/Software Manager (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXJanuary 22, 2016
Contract position however I was treated no different then regular direct hired employees. Solid management staff and good thought process prior to making changes.
RUN! Totally unprofessional, A JOKE!
Tech, sales rep. (Former Employee) –  SavannahJanuary 10, 2015
Savannah branch was a decent HVAC dealer years ago when it was known as Coastal Heating & Air. In recent years, the local branch has become a joke in the market under Service Experts management. Service Experts went under in 2013, and it was reopened under hedge fund ownership not long afterward. Savannah has continual turnover at all positions, and it actually only had 1 or 2 techs who could actually repair systems when I was there. All the others were hacks. They also hire people OFF THE STREET, have a hire ride with a HACK tech for a couple of weeks or so, THEN they street that new hire as a TECH! They actually use HIGH PRESSUR E tactics to sell new systems when existing systems are repairable or serviceable. The place is cutthroat, pay is miserable and it benefits are a joke. Do yourself a favor and apply to pretty much ANY OTHER HVAC firm in the country or locally, and you will be better off.
Cons
everything. if no stars were a choice, would have chosen that.
Terrible place to work
Plumber (Former Employee) –  Scotia, NYMarch 22, 2013
A typical day: 12 to 18 hour days The long hours and the inconsistent hours wears on a person. We are not robots and that is how this company treats you. They will send you home at about 8 PM to turn around and send you back out. What I learned: This company is totally messed up from corporate level all the way to low level management. Co- workers are decent men trying to work a difficult job. The hardest part of the job is actually robbing a customer through excessively high prices. They forced me to try to sell products to those that cant afford their high prices. The most enjoyable part of my job was actually being fired. I was injured on the job and they shut off all of my medical benefits on the day I was injured and when I went in to talk to HR I was told I was being rude. I was not being rude. I wanted answers to why I now couldnt go to a doctor. Is this the way to treat an employee that worked hard for the company. If I had to give anyone my recommendation, it would be do not work for this company. They will treat you like a robot and throw you away when they are done with you. I just had to rate this company. Work/life balance is a joke. They act as if you have no life and no family.
Cons
making a mistake of taking a job with this company.
Office Manager
Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Shreveport, LASeptember 19, 2015
Enjoyed working for Service Experts.

I helped the office run smoothly.

I processed payroll for Technicians and Installers. Processed Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivables. Keeping all files and paperwork organized.

The environment was pleasant and enjoyable.
Pros
Environment
Training could be better
HVAC Technician (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCSeptember 4, 2014
I worked in the Raleigh, NC branch. Management was supportive and knowledgeable. Pay and training was lacking. The industry is always changing, but the training did not support that. The Raleigh branch is one of the top-selling branches. No Christmas bonus for the two years I was there. I needed to transfer branches and was told I could do it. The branch I was transferring to told me to come. Before starting at new branch, I was told that there was no space for me. Poor management from Savannah branch.
Pros
job security
Cons
pay and training
Techs
Residential hvac sales (Current Employee) –  Gaithersburg, MDJuly 24, 2015
Outside sales to residential customers. Techs pressured to turn over leads, so some customers were not told truth about possible issues that may not have had.
Pros
Origional manager
Cons
manager who replaced 1st manager
Co-workers were easy to get along with
HVAC Helper/Installer, Plumber (Former Employee) –  Jeffersonville, INJuly 31, 2012
I never had a problem with my co-workers. Everyone got along and the typical joking around was common. THEY HAVE HORRIBLE TRAINING METHODS!! They don't teach you anything. The one thing I didn't like there was there is no advancement. The only way you could move up on install is if the lead installer quit. Plus, if you had any issues with anything, instead of the management taking care of them or try to work them out, they demote you and put you on duct cleaning. And don't get hurt. They try their hardest to NOT pay for your medical bills. One employee got hurt on the job and after he was released to return to work, they let him go. Another employee fell down some steps and hurt his back. The company tried to say that he had back issues before that had happened and didn't want to pay the medical bills. If you are looking for a job that works 10 hours a day, then calls you up and sends you to do another job and you don't get home til midnight, then this job is for you. If you don't like advancement, this job is for you. If you want a boss who is more interested in updating his FaceBook status than taking care of the company, this job is for you.
Pros
healthcare was okay.
Cons
they don't know how to run a company.
Fun yet crazy
Customer Service Specialist (Current Employee) –  Garland, TXJanuary 29, 2015
This job is a fun place to work with the co workers when the general manager is not around. When the General Manager is there, my co-workers turn into different people and are consistently screaming and fighting with one another. The General Manager is a numbers driven type of person. Does not allow the person that in which he is speaking with to supply an answer that would explain the down fall in the set of numbers in which he is looking at. The most enjoyable part of my job is the people that I work with inside of the office. We all have a good time working together and laughing together.
Pros
co-workers
Cons
general manager not looking at the entire situation that is presented
Very unorganized operation.
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, In.September 16, 2012
Prior to the Service Expert takeover, Broad Ripple Htg. & Air was a thriving and growing business. There were some administrative changes that could have been implemented, along with some human resource policies as well, outside of that the business had a strong customer base and was well reputed. Changing the name was the first mistake, removing the practice of contacting service contract clients was the second mistake. The rest reads as a sad story of demise of a business model that took 50 years to build. My co-workers were the key element that kept me there.
Pros
dedicated employees and loyal customers.
Cons
poor upper management with no leadership.
A fun place to work with very nice people.
GENERAL LEDGER ACCOUNTANT (Current Employee) –  Lawrenceville, GAJanuary 5, 2013
At Service Experts no day is typical. There is always AR to be posted, credit/debit memos to be entered. In the time that I have worked with this company, I have learned to read financial statements, prepare monthly bank reconciliations, file sales and use tax. The hardest part of the job was not being able to move to the next level. The people I worked with were great and friendly; however, the company did not offer many opportunities for promotions to the next level.
Pros
free coffee
Cons
healthcare
Very team orientated, always willing to help you improve your skills.
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Overland Park, KSApril 12, 2012
A typical day consisted of picking up your parts everyday, making it to your first call on time, always checking in with management should any questions come up that you are unsure of while maintaining a positive professional attitude, most importantly you have to love what you do, i believe that is the key to success.
Pros
always willing to help you improve your skills.
Cons
the months where there are alot of downtime.
Do not work for service experts jupiter
EMPLOYED JUPITER (Former Employee) –  JUPITER, FLOctober 23, 2014
Do not work for service experts in jupiter. Everyone is sleeping with each other! The management is a joke! Many employees have failed drug tests and are crashing vehicles. This company is disgusting!
Cons
bad management, drug abuse, failed tests
Enjoyable work place
Lead Service Tech (Former Employee) –  Overland Park, KSApril 10, 2015
A typical day was running 6-8 service calls a day. Helping our younger techs troubleshoot issues, as well as helped train our younger techs on boilers both steam and water.
always know what you will be doing.
Installer (Current Employee) –  Plano, TexasFebruary 25, 2015
fun work always get along with other co-workers, trying to get out of the attic to beat the heat of the Texas day. No review to know where i stand, or where i need to improve on. It has improved my leader skill, multitasking tasks.
Pros
busy during the summer
Cons
slow in the cold, healthcare
Horrible place to work (former employee)
MAINTANCE TECH (Former Employee) –  OVERLAND PARK KSFebruary 3, 2014
I was hired as a maintanece tech I worked there in overland park ks I did not receive my full paycheck the 1st, 2nd, 3rd or 4th time I have been dumped on by multiple people including corporate office I have had to call my bill companies and reschedule payments cause numerous people have dropped the ball and not cared enough to inform the person who it affects me!!!! I have had enough I am going to call news stations and spread over social media about how this company has ripped me off and not vowed to take care of it this is the end!!
Cons
the company as a whole
Easy place to work.
Residential Service Technician II (Current Employee) –  Conyers, GAFebruary 25, 2013
Management out of the loop. Customer base is shrinking. Dispatch is useless. Supervisors at the local level are competent and great to work for. Very knowledgeable and friendly.
Productive, great work environment and staff
GL Accountant (Former Employee) –  Norcross, GAJune 13, 2013
Very well structured and organized. Lots of team involvement and great management.
Pros
flexible, great environment, friendly staff
More interest in sales than repair
HVAC Tech (Former Employee) –  Scotia, NYFebruary 4, 2013
I was hired by this company to be an HVAC Tech, but once the company was bought over by Service Experts, it became very apparent very quickly that they wanted to the techs to sell rather than repair. When I voiced my opposition, I was told that I was a "dinasour". Well this "dinasour" is still alive and kicking and still REPAIRING equipement, only replacing equipement when absolutely necessary.
Pros
health care
Cons
everything else.
Work in progress
Senior/Lead Technician (Current Employee) –  Savannah, GAOctober 11, 2012
Company in still in its infancy as far as a large corporate company attempting to 'feel like a local HVAC company'
Pros
flexible with family issues
Cons
challenging to keep up with corporate changes