Service Express Employee Reviews

Blown Off
Sr. Systems Engineer (Former Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIOctober 11, 2017
Poor management, did I say poor managment, oh yeah they have poor managment.
Poor managment , the worst ive ever seen, I just have to forgive them and try not to overthink, because it's too much to shake my head at, unbelievable how disorganized they are, just freaking unbelievable.
Pros
Poor managment
Cons
Poor managment
Official response from Service Express
October 17, 2017

Hello! We are wondering if you have completed this review in error on the wrong company profile. We do not have the role of Sr. Systems Engineer on any of our teams. Please give us a call to discuss and clarify, if you would like.

Exciting, Fast Paced, Great People To Work With...
Service Express Agent (Current Employee) –  Portland, MEMay 15, 2017
This is an exciting job dealing with people and fast quality service for guests on vacation or meetings for their work; always interesting and a great way to meet people of all nationalities.
great place to work
Attendant (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 18, 2016
its a great place to work, i developed my skills and talents more proficiently while employed at Westin Hotel. I was more than just a telephone operator. I was reservations, accounting, room service order taker, I assisted the front desk, security department, the kitchen, luggage attendants, housekeeping, and the concierge with daily duties
All Talk
Field Engineer (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCApril 17, 2016
In 5 years with SEI, I have heard how great a company it is from the management. However; I've never seen the company they talk about, and neither has any of my associates. I'm hopefully looking for the opportunities they say exist.
Pros
Love the people I work with on a daily basis.
Cons
No career progression/advancement available. Benefits .... yea, right.
Demanding job; rewarding job.
Regional Sales Manager, Florida Offices (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLOctober 22, 2015
Dedicated management team who embraced an employee-based culture.

A typical month included sales team conference calls, one-on-one strategy calls, ride days with reps, monthly sales meeting/training, and administrative duties.

Company needed infusion of cash and assistance with long-term vision so a VC firm invested. Aggressive growth plans put extra demands on opening new offices and ramping up new hires. Very rewarding to onboard and train new salespeople and then watch their pipelines build.

Employees aren't familiar with VCs so the future of the company is an unknown.
Pros
Quality, talented people
Cons
Limited opportunities for advancement
not enough to do
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMDecember 30, 2013
hard to find enough to do for the day, the company had a limited amount of product lines that needed attention. It was fine when there were major resets to do
Pros
indoor and outdoor
Cons
not enough product lines
Long Hour days
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJune 4, 2013
loved the data entry work , but not the long hours. prep account, scanned images into system, then data entry
Pros
working with computers
Cons
not enough pay for the long hrs you out in
Can be a great opportunity but ask questions
Senior Account Executive (Current Employee) –  St. LouisNovember 27, 2012
Overall a decent place to work, just be sure to ask a lot of questions about the history of the position and the specific territory you are interviewing for if in sales. If it is a newer market, just know it will take 2 yrs to establish such an unknown company in that territory. If more than 2 yrs, I would want to know why the previous person left the position and what that process looked like. There is no structured training program for your on-boarding and managers aren't much help in developing you.
A positive is that SEI saves customers money without sacrificing on service and in the current economy, that is a big plus. A big negative is that you will often submit equipment for pricing and have it denied.
A major concern is that there have been a lot of developments in the IT Industry that are affecting the core of SEI's business negatively.... be sure to have an understanding of how virtualization and 'cloud' developments are affecting their business and your potential customers.
Overall, I believe the company will make the necessary adjustments to succeed but it remains to be seen what those details will look like.
Pros
casual atmosphere
Cons
training, virtualization is affecting core business
Good people,great team.
South Pro Sales (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAOctober 17, 2012
Good team,good managers,Worked on home Depot did the same work as with Lowes.
Pros
make my own schedule.
Cons
co. closed
Good place to work for.
Gallatin temp (Current Employee) –  Gallatin, TNApril 27, 2012
I am only a temp at this job. Full time employees are uncomfortable working with temps. Managment is excellent
Great Management
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  College Park, GAApril 3, 2012
Co-workers and managers were great to work with. Company organized.
Pros
good hours
Cons
payrate to low
Productive and fun workplace
Customer Support Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIMarch 25, 2012
Love working at SEI. The culture and employees are great. It is a productive work environment with lots of flexibility and work life balance.