SERVICE KING Employee Reviews

woodstock location full of drama
Collision Technician (Former Employee) –  Woodstock, GANovember 28, 2017
Manager can not be trusted. Will tell you he loves you and at the same time he is planning on his own needs. Don't bother with his upper managers. He's fed them a bunch of lies. Karma will get him,
Pros
Cons
Many
Good Shop
Collision Repair Specialist (Former Employee) –  ColoradoNovember 15, 2017
Service King is a good environment. Mostly positive people and well managed. Not a whole lot dedicated to teaching or training. So if you are an experienced pro you will love it. If you are starting out, not really the best.
Pros
Clean, Busy
Cons
Poor people development
Great facility with clueless management
Body Technician (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXNovember 14, 2017
Started off here making a killing, but after 2 months it has all fallen apart. Manager does not have a basic knowledge of interpersonal skills nor does she display any inkling of processes involved in proper repairs, completely disregarding simple logic and adhering to policies designed to give a facade of decent work which any journeyman could spot at 55 mph with one eye shut looking the other way. I hope my paycheck gets back to normal soon so at least i can sell my soul for a good price.
Pros
They do have ok bennies
Cons
Soulcrushing stupidity in charge.
Very interesting and fast paced.
Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TXOctober 30, 2017
Very busy and fast paced day. You are able to meet many people due to the unfortunate circumstances of a car wreck but we were able to put a smile on faces everyday.
Pros
Everyone would help work on each other vehicles
Cons
Seeing people not get enough money from their insurance adjuster
Started out fun went down hill from there
General Manager (Former Employee) –  TennesseeSeptember 21, 2017
When I started it was fun, great atmosphere and good pay. Advancement came quick. Then upper management started to change and micro management started. It became more about the almighty dollar and less and less about the employees. Great place work if you like long hours, low pay and high pressure.
Fun
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Richardson, TXSeptember 6, 2017
Its ok...fun place to work...management is great...work all the overtime you want to. The benefits are very good and the hours are good as well.. Fun ppl to work with.
Pros
Lunch
Cons
Short breaks
Good Company
Office Coordinator, Jr. Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  Chandler, AZSeptember 5, 2017
Was able to grow and gain experience very quickly. Corporate company but they care about employees. Company also offers great benefits. Was sad I had to leave.
Good company with good benefits
bodytech (Former Employee) –  Oldsmar, FLAugust 31, 2017
I've been reading through the other reviews on Service King and see a lot of downside. Most of them seem to be from the Midwest, I worked at a Florida store and can honestly say I enjoyed it. $100.000 plus per year and excellent vacation time let me live a good life and I was home home by 5:00 every day. The upper management team was very upfront and friendly and seemed to have a good balance of company and employee dedication. There was room for advancement but I decided to take a different path.
Pros
great company to work for
Cons
really dont have anything bad to say
Great till new manager came in
Frame body tech (Former Employee) –  OhioAugust 29, 2017
Dont get old. Management will force you out the door. Boss will tell you privately that you are old and slow. Gutless!!! Hired someone to work in my stall but didnt have the guts to tell me while forcing me out.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Lousy management.
great people
Construction & Maintenance Lead (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAAugust 28, 2017
great people to work for and I would still be there if I did not move and I do still do work for them once and a while if it is in south Seattle area.
Workplace Culture
Auto Body Technician (Current Employee) –  Romeoville, ILAugust 27, 2017
I have been in auto body most of my life. At this location, did not find ability to improve myself or my career. Stressful situations with manager. Lack of direction creates some challenging days at work.
typical day
Detailer (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCAugust 17, 2017
a typical day of work consists of deteling the inside and outside of cars, the day also consists of cleaning the shop. I have learn to help my coworkers with their needs.
Smoke and Mirrors
Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  Redmond, WAAugust 7, 2017
Tell you everything you want to hear and don't come through. They will invest time in the beginning but don't follow through when you need them months later. HR never returns calls and will leave you hanging.
Pros
Cons
smoke and mirrors
good workplace
Industrial Painter/Sandblaster (Former Employee) –  Stroud, OKJuly 30, 2017
i really dont have much to say for this company, they have terrible managment, no compasion, put me through two lay offs in less than 2yrs. then called me back just to lay me off again after one month. i would not recomment this company to anyone looking for a place to retire. but good money and benefits while it lasts. There really isnt any hard part to the job, i love to paint, and i really miss it, but hard to find a good company to retire with. The most enjoyable part of the job is looking at the finished product and knowing i did my best.
Pros
good pay and benefits
Cons
bad management and bad time for oil businesses
Not small family owned anymore
Office Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Richardson, TXJune 29, 2017
Very busy and fast paced but senior employees do tend to dump their work on you or somehow it becomes your responsibility overnight but has a nice manager. I was the only one that liked him.
Very competitve
Painter Prep/Helper (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 26, 2017
Job was overall good but was very competitve. Conflict between employers and supervisor over number of jobs given and pay. We were given the option to work at our own pace which was a plus.
Family Friendly Company
Assistant Controller (Former Employee) –  Richardson, TXMay 23, 2017
Service King is a growing company. The people at Service King are very easy to work with. They are always willing to help each other out. Lots of opportunities to advance while they are growing.
Pros
Great 401 K plan
Cons
Long hours.
An embarrassment to the collision industry
Collision Repair Technician (Former Employee) –  Chicago area south suburbsMay 5, 2017
Work more and make less is the service king way. Do you like to wait 3-5 days for parts? Like working without proper materials and equipment to do your job? Do you enjoy working for free? Do you like empty promises and blatent lies from management? Do you hate making money and consistent work?
Then service king is the place for you!
Pros
Free air and bathrooms
Cons
Lies, inconsistent work flow, disappointing paychecks
Work 60+ hours required make 300 a week
Estimator/gm (Former Employee) –  ChicagoMay 3, 2017
Your family will pay the price, they think requiring workers 60 hours a week with no pay is OK. Repairs are not for quality or whats right, its only driven by whats most profit for company. Brand new 2017 cars all bondo and bumpers that should not be repaired to make profit goals. If you like 300 paychecks work for walmart much less stress.
Pros
Hard when you cant make a livin
Cons
Long hours, low pay, micro managed
good job for someone just starting out.
Painter (Former Employee) –  OhioApril 1, 2017
Poorly run shops with a very high turnover rate for employees. Work load is very sporadic as the company cannot keep any body men for any length of time.this company is a slave to the insurance companies and uses questionable repair practices.shops are Micro Managed therefore all that matters is the numbers
Cons
No steady work