Service Management Systems Employee Reviews in United States

very productive place to work
housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Altoona, PAJuly 9, 2015
A typical day working in the mall was stressful yet productive. Had to make sure everything was spotless and clean which meant stay on your feet. Management treated you like family most of the time. Unless there was an issue they never bothered you . But they taught me alot about hard work . My coworkers were amazing. The hardest part about the job is there wasnt much hard work as long as you did your best to keep everything clean for inspections which were often . the most enjoyable part of my job was how friendly everybody was, if it wernt the workers in stores, kiosks, or your part of the job. I honestly cant speak bad or give a bad review about sms.
Pros
friendly people, really didnt bother you unless it was necessary
Cons
the pay could of been a little more
great comradery with the feeling of family
Director of Operations (Former Employee) –  Broomfield, COJuly 6, 2015
Short experience but very educational and rewarding. With any opportunity I would return. Rewarding that challenged and educated.
fun place to work
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Lubbock TexasMay 31, 2015
I got there and had fun.I discovered as time passed that there were smarter ways to do the work. The place was busy and that made the time go fast.
Pros
Some overtime
Cons
productive and fun work place
Supervisor night crew cleaning specialist (Former Employee) –  Ann Arbor, MIApril 21, 2015
Meticulous attention to detail
Focused on customer satisfaction
Skilled multi-tasker
Training and development
Scheduling
Conflict resolution techniques
Pros
flexible work schedule, enjoyable empolyees
I like working for this company but like most places it pays to low and should pay better.
House keeping/Floor Tech (Current Employee) –  Morgan City, LAFebruary 1, 2015
my day begins by getting equipment to work space or place. strip, auto scrub, mop, dust mop. clean rooms hallways offices. doing the job. i learned not everything is easy but learning is fulfilling.
Management does the best they can with the allowances they have.
i try to get along with co-workers the best i can. i found out most people are not friendly and will take advantage of you if they think they can get away with it. So put on that smile pull your pants up and do the best you can with what God gave you. hardest part of any day is when somethings goes wrong. Do your best and smile. Fix it if you can. the best part of any day is when your hard work pays off and everyone enjoys it.
Pros
management is easy to talk with.
Cons
don't really have any cons
Productive and a great place to work.
eFunds Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNNovember 6, 2014
SMS Holdings is very family oriented and I loved working there. People were so friendly and the company were huge advocates for the American Heart Association. There wasn't much room for over time in my department but I absolutely loved working there.
Pros
free lunches once a month
Cons
health care benefits weren't that great.
Fun Place to work and very rewarding
Gaylord Campus Facility Manager (Former Employee) –  Kissimmee, FLOctober 27, 2014
Lots of walking and inspecting. My coworkers were always positive and upbeat
I've learned how not to lead a company.
Housekeeping (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAOctober 21, 2014
This company is good for a just starting out, however it is not a place where job growth transpires or raises or bonuses are given.
A Good Place to work
House Keeper (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNSeptember 24, 2014
Having worked both day shift (7am-3pm) and night shift (6pm-2:30am), I found the staff (supervisors and managers) to be very nice. A typical day starts with clocking in, stocking cleaning carts, getting cleaning area assigned - then start cleaning, using proper equipment and cleaning chemicals in a hospital setting. Also, providing customer service to patients and visitors (usually directions) as needed. Management is willing to help clean or bring more supplies (like a wet vacuum if an exam room or restroom is flooded). Co-workers are willing to help each other if a job (area to clean) is big or very extensive or needs to be done quickly. Hardest part of the job, making do toward the end of the week when supplies are short. Most enjoyable part, comradery between co-workers. I have learned there are many ways to solve a problem and everyone has the right to give input.
Pros
strong work ethic
Cons
short lunch breaks
high energy place to work
Housekeeper for Patrick Henry Mall (Former Employee) –  Newport News, VAOctober 11, 2013
cleaning is fun.. lot of peole to clean after..Responsible for disposal of trash, waste, and other disposable materials.

Wet mop floors in all bathrooms daily. Damp mop all corridor floors, lobby, dining areas,and others daily. Clean wash basins, mirrors, daily.

Check all vacant restrooms daily to keep fresh.
Pros
good co workers
Cons
need more hours
Good Company Management Sucks
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GASeptember 11, 2013
This job was the perfect job until one manager came to one site with lack of knowledge of the mall. He wanted to come in and do things the wrong way which caused drama.
nerve racking job
Housekeeper (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAAugust 21, 2013
Working for service management systems can wear on your nerves
Fun busy
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAAugust 7, 2013
fun busy work place, learned a lot, Management for as Manager wont the best, fun enjoyed everything, Not hard
Maintenance and Houskeeping Combined
Maintenance Worker (Former Employee) –  TNJuly 7, 2013
Maintenance and House keeping were kinda combined into one show, I have learned that it is not always the best to combine both maintenance and house keeping duties, co workers worked together as a team, hardest part of the job was picking up after those that slacked, gave me knowledge of building and grounds maintenance.
Good management experience
Facility Manager and Purchasing Agent (Former Employee) –  The Galleria Mall in Hoover, alabamaApril 15, 2013
Worked as the facility manager, meaning I was in charge of cleaning the common areas. Great group of employees but turnover was amazing and very hard to deal with.
ok company
Housekeeper/Floor Technician (Former Employee) –  Florence, SCMarch 2, 2013
ok company to work with if ur just looking to make extra money on the side or a college student
Pros
work at ur own pace
Cons
no pay increases
very challeneging
Housekeeping/Laundry (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJanuary 28, 2013
learned to work very hard as a team to accomplish wll that need to be done at the end of each shift.
Pros
working as a team and being on one accord
Cons
short staffed
very productive and fun work place
Supervisor of Housekeeping and Maintenance (Former Employee) –  Modesto, CAJanuary 10, 2013
managing the employees and prviding great customer service. I learned computer task and how to become a good manager and manage employees. My managers and employees were very fun and great to work with and around. Customers who were always complaining and mean. Statisfaction guarantee
Pros
free lunches and awards
Cons
angry customers
Company is aware of what is important.
Facility Manager (Current Employee) –  Dartmouth, MAJuly 2, 2012
The company knows why it is important to keep a good relationship with their clients. They also know how important safety is because we work in an environment where the employees or customers could slip or trip and fall. I have learned that in order to retain employees you need to make sure that they have all the tools necessary to perform the job required. The management is personable and willing to help whenever it is needed. The hardest part of my job is keeping employees because we do pay our employees minimum wage. I get satisfaction when I hear customers tell me how clean the mall is because we thrive on the cleanliness of the mall and keep up the highest standards expected.
Hard working people and fun to be around
Janitor/ housekeeper/ Groundskeeper (Former Employee) –  COJune 26, 2012
A typical day at work was to expect the unexpected.
Learned how to be a team leader as good co worker.
Co workers were hard working and fun to be around.
Hardest part was cleaning restrooms.
Lunch breaks were the best
Pros
hour lunch break
Cons
always busy.