Service Management Systems Employee Reviews

Fun Working Environments
Assistant Facility Manager (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TN 37214April 22, 2017
fast pace working environment
busy venues to work at
hard work
fun places to work at
time goes fast
meet several different people
most enjoyable part of the job is that you get to work for some of the best work places
Pros
great working venues
Cons
work/life balance
Great Company
Maintenance Worker (Former Employee) –  Modesto, CAFebruary 6, 2017
SMS was a good consistent company and I enjoyed working there. A typical day at work was like taking the trash, smashing boxes, and moving in a fast pace.
Stable work, with room for advancement for those of good work ethic.
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Garland, TXJanuary 17, 2017
Though Service Management Systems lost the contract that I was working on, during my time with them I went from part time working only a few hours a week to working full time as a Supervisor within two years. I also went from making minimum wage of $7.25 to gradually making $9.25. This is an average raise of $0.50 every six months were a previous employer had given me a $0.32 raise over an equivlent period of time.
My management was good and scheduled us with relatively steady and stable schedules helping us balance work and life. Many of my co-workers left pursuing personal/professional carrier goals in areas of their interests showing room for and promoting personal development, rather than stagnation.
Those I worked with were of good character. Many jobs may have a few of these things but to find one that has all of them is rare that is why I give Service Management Systems a Five Star rating over all.
Ehhhh
National Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNDecember 23, 2016
Not the best company. All about the money and the company culture shows this. Employees run through a revolving door, unless they are the Presidents lap dogs. Keep your opinion to yourself and you might survive.
Pros
Decent Money
Cons
Horrible management
Very Poor Example of a Janitorial Company
2nd Shift Housekeeping (Current Employee) –  Hagerstown, MDSeptember 20, 2016
Worked for SMS Inc. Housekeeping services at the Valley Mall in Hagerstown, MD. in 2016.

Not aware of what its like nation wide, the Corporate Office seems to be pleasant and cooperative to work with, but all in all the job itself and the management are perhaps the worst company I have ever worked for.

All personnel (management and co-workers) were very unprofessional and at times rather immature. Gossip, manipulation, constant rule changing, and low standards abound!

As I sit here I press myself to find anything good about working here and it is hard. I have been told that I was "doing too much cleaning" ??? and showing up the more senior employees, my boss told security and other employees to spy on us while working, they have made remarks that "I cannot kiss my wife goodbye while at the mall".....I mean, I wish I was making some of this stuff up.

If a toxic work environment wasn't bad enough, the company itself comes across as being very dated, pedantic, and generally out of touch with modern society. They make you wear ridiculously preppy, uptight uniforms that are so cumbersome for cleaning ( I am a janitor, not a valet service), the management openly expresses that their company is "faith based" and "God Centered" (really??!, in 2016? can we be egalitarian and secular here?), and the rules are so extensive and ever changing that they border on being passive-agressive. .....All for minimum wage.....

Look, with the minimum wage in Maryland steadily climbing to 10$ per hour, no one needs a job like this anymore. Looking for some extra cash?....work
  more... at Mc Donalds.... Looking for a great career with competitive pay, soaring advancement, great benefits and personal satisfaction?....Then SMS Inc. "Housekeeping" is not for you. Honestly, they might not really be for anybody!

There are far better janitor jobs out there. Please, please....look elsewhere.
Pros
I don't know, do you like to clean? That's about it.
Cons
They are numerous.....
very productive place to work
housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Altoona, PAJuly 9, 2015
A typical day working in the mall was stressful yet productive. Had to make sure everything was spotless and clean which meant stay on your feet. Management treated you like family most of the time. Unless there was an issue they never bothered you . But they taught me alot about hard work . My coworkers were amazing. The hardest part about the job is there wasnt much hard work as long as you did your best to keep everything clean for inspections which were often . the most enjoyable part of my job was how friendly everybody was, if it wernt the workers in stores, kiosks, or your part of the job. I honestly cant speak bad or give a bad review about sms.
Pros
friendly people, really didnt bother you unless it was necessary
Cons
the pay could of been a little more
great comradery with the feeling of family
Director of Operations (Former Employee) –  Broomfield, COJuly 6, 2015
Short experience but very educational and rewarding. With any opportunity I would return. Rewarding that challenged and educated.
works hours excellent had time to other things
Janitorial Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Myrtle Beach, SCJune 18, 2015
fun place but limited benefits for employees manangement at the time was not productive did not involve themselves in a way they should have towards employees
fun place to work
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Lubbock TexasMay 31, 2015
I got there and had fun.I discovered as time passed that there were smarter ways to do the work. The place was busy and that made the time go fast.
Pros
Some overtime
Cons
productive and fun work place
Supervisor night crew cleaning specialist (Former Employee) –  Ann Arbor, MIApril 21, 2015
Meticulous attention to detail
Focused on customer satisfaction
Skilled multi-tasker
Training and development
Scheduling
Conflict resolution techniques
Pros
flexible work schedule, enjoyable empolyees
I like working for this company but like most places it pays to low and should pay better.
House keeping/Floor Tech (Current Employee) –  Morgan City, LAFebruary 1, 2015
my day begins by getting equipment to work space or place. strip, auto scrub, mop, dust mop. clean rooms hallways offices. doing the job. i learned not everything is easy but learning is fulfilling.
Management does the best they can with the allowances they have.
i try to get along with co-workers the best i can. i found out most people are not friendly and will take advantage of you if they think they can get away with it. So put on that smile pull your pants up and do the best you can with what God gave you. hardest part of any day is when somethings goes wrong. Do your best and smile. Fix it if you can. the best part of any day is when your hard work pays off and everyone enjoys it.
Pros
management is easy to talk with.
Cons
don't really have any cons
Productive and a great place to work.
eFunds Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNNovember 6, 2014
SMS Holdings is very family oriented and I loved working there. People were so friendly and the company were huge advocates for the American Heart Association. There wasn't much room for over time in my department but I absolutely loved working there.
Pros
Free lunches once a month
Cons
health care benefits weren't that great.
Fun Place to work and very rewarding
Gaylord Campus Facility Manager (Former Employee) –  Kissimmee, FLOctober 27, 2014
Lots of walking and inspecting. My coworkers were always positive and upbeat
I've learned how not to lead a company.
Housekeeping (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAOctober 21, 2014
This company is good for a just starting out, however it is not a place where job growth transpires or raises or bonuses are given.
A Good Place to work
House Keeper (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNSeptember 24, 2014
Having worked both day shift (7am-3pm) and night shift (6pm-2:30am), I found the staff (supervisors and managers) to be very nice. A typical day starts with clocking in, stocking cleaning carts, getting cleaning area assigned - then start cleaning, using proper equipment and cleaning chemicals in a hospital setting. Also, providing customer service to patients and visitors (usually directions) as needed. Management is willing to help clean or bring more supplies (like a wet vacuum if an exam room or restroom is flooded). Co-workers are willing to help each other if a job (area to clean) is big or very extensive or needs to be done quickly. Hardest part of the job, making do toward the end of the week when supplies are short. Most enjoyable part, comradery between co-workers. I have learned there are many ways to solve a problem and everyone has the right to give input.
Pros
Strong Work Ethic
Cons
Short lunch breaks
high energy place to work
Housekeeper for Patrick Henry Mall (Former Employee) –  Newport News, VAOctober 11, 2013
cleaning is fun.. lot of peole to clean after..Responsible for disposal of trash, waste, and other disposable materials.

Wet mop floors in all bathrooms daily. Damp mop all corridor floors, lobby, dining areas,and others daily. Clean wash basins, mirrors, daily.

Check all vacant restrooms daily to keep fresh.
Pros
good co workers
Cons
need more hours
Good Company Management Sucks
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GASeptember 11, 2013
This job was the perfect job until one manager came to one site with lack of knowledge of the mall. He wanted to come in and do things the wrong way which caused drama.
nerve racking job
Housekeeper (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAAugust 21, 2013
Working for service management systems can wear on your nerves
Fun busy
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAAugust 7, 2013
fun busy work place, learned a lot, Management for as Manager wont the best, fun enjoyed everything, Not hard
Maintenance and Houskeeping Combined
Maintenance Worker (Former Employee) –  TNJuly 7, 2013
Maintenance and House keeping were kinda combined into one show, I have learned that it is not always the best to combine both maintenance and house keeping duties, co workers worked together as a team, hardest part of the job was picking up after those that slacked, gave me knowledge of building and grounds maintenance.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Service Management Systems. Our community is ready to answer.

Service Management Systems Reviews by Location