Service Master Employee Reviews

Energetic, fun and educational
Data entry of insurance for compliance (Former Employee) –  Germantown, TNJanuary 25, 2017
A typical day was making sure all insurance was updated to compliance.

I learned how to change the name of a business, prepared corporate assignments and collected fees.

The management was very helpful with teaching, guidance, and willingness to educate the employers. The workplace culture was a vas verity of people working to get the job done.

The hardest part about my job was trying to get the business owners to return phone calls.

The most enjoyable part of my job was that we had weekly morning meeting for updated and we celebrated our accomplishments.
Pros
Educational for improvement
Cons
Short breaks
Not Even A Starter Job
Cleaner/Janitor (Current Employee) –  Sicklerville, NJSeptember 6, 2016
I wouldnt recommend anyone for this company. I have been here almost a year and nothing has changed. You can never get ahold of your manager at all or until its too late. There are no benefits or raises, and defintely no advancement in the company. The pay is horrible and no endorsements for travel time. Only one day training and then good luck, you are on your own. And dont trust them when it comes to getting your paychecks.
Pros
Great co-workers, keeps a balance on your home life.
Cons
Horrible pay and hours, management is not organized, gender and racial bias management.
Horrible place to work if you dont kiss but then you don't stand a chance.
Water Technician (Former Employee) –  Muskogee, OKJanuary 25, 2017
You have to work long 12 hour shifts standing on your feet the whole time, they try to make you jump through hoops in order to get a raise, management sucks and they have a high turn over rate.
building relationships
cleaner (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJune 22, 2016
My typical day at work was never the same boring situation. I had an opportunity to meet some very interesting people and I actually enjoyed my job. I have learned that others may get in your way to intimidate or irritate you but someone have to do this type of work. The management of this company were okay regarding knowing their job but some were inconsiderate about employees and they did not fight for you. My co-worker were fun to be around on the most part as far as the work was concerned. the hardest part of my job was not the job itself but dealing with the pay and not receiving a raise in the amount of time I was personally there. I did not feel appreciated at times; always came to work, always satisfied the customers and was very respectful towards all.
Marketing and Sales Review
Business Development Manager (Former Employee) –  Downers Grove, ILMay 24, 2016
Lack of training, communication, and concentration on expectations. You will get a few days of "ride along" but no additional training on the actual product and services, unless you seek them out. This will not be communicated to you. No room for advancement. Compensation is good, but not distributed evenly among peers, and there is no measure as to who gets paid more, or why. Also sales agreements rules do not apply to all employees, franchise sales rules and regulations are bent to appease certain employees, again with no measure as to why certain employees get special treatment.
Pros
work life balance is great, friendly work atmosphere in the office, build your own business
Cons
lack of direction and concentration, job consistently changing, lose outline of expectations and no protection of revenue built for company
awesome place to work
TRAIN A TRAINER (Current Employee) –  HochiminhNovember 23, 2016
As a slogan of company which is first interesting for me decided to applied into a new workplace, through a year been with it, i had learn a lot of thing from management and collegde as well. im very appreciate this big things
Pros
best team ever
Cons
can not maintain a company culture
Very Laid Back
Aministrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Greenwood, INFebruary 4, 2017
Company is very laid back and lenient. The people there are all great team players. I have learned a lot about the restoration business. My favorite part of the job is the people!
Pros
Great group of people
Cons
no benefits, management is not the best
poor management
Field Technician (Former Employee) –  Bakersfield, CAJanuary 30, 2017
typical day at work is tearing down dry wall and setting up equipment. i learned to do demolition. management does not care too much about employees and their salary. very physical and fast pace work must be pretty strong able. getting to travel is a plus
Worst job ever
Environmental Services (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAAugust 8, 2016
They have a high turnover. No wonder, the pay is horrible. Management expects too much for a small amount of pay. No raises. No proper training. Large buildings for 8.25hrly...no bueno! Management calls all times of the day and night. No travel compensation.
Cons
Productive and fun work place.
Crew Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Fairmont, WVJanuary 25, 2017
Typical work day 8-10hrs, fast paced, multitasking, attention to detail, office cleaning. I learned a lot about the ServiceMaster cleaning practices, and how to use those practices in the most effective way. The management team is very motivating and helpful. The hardest part of the job for me was getting use to working late evenings and nights, but that went away over time. The most enjoyable part of the job was by far the people/co-workers, they all had great attitudes and kept the mood upbeat.
Pros
Great support/management, great work enviorment.
Cons
late nights/ low starting pay.
Seeking new carrier objectives
Floor Technician (Current Employee) –  Flowood, MSNovember 29, 2016
Great company to work for put Will not give you a raise. The manager are cool I have fun working with everyone Thay Will not give you a raise thay will not give you a raise
Pros
No breaks at all
Cons
All good
Lots of work, and many hours
Account Manager / Regional Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Carol Stream, IL 60188September 9, 2016
The company is by franchise and every franchise runs differently.
If franchise is busy you could work around the clock 24/7, if you are hourly you make more money than salary employees.
Management is good, co-workers were good and lots of learning everyday.
Pros
lots of work and money
Cons
little time off
Good Company
Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNMarch 31, 2016
Service Master has a lot of different inanities within them and their is a lot of room for growth! I started out in customer service with American Home Shield now i am a Account Manger for Terminix. The benefits are not good they are very expensive and sick time and personal time are not very good saying you only get 7 sick days for a hole year and 3 personal days.Overall the culture is good and the employees are nice to work with which makes it easy to do your job. Upper Management is easy to talk to and they try their best to resolve all problems that may come up!
Pros
Nice Work environment
Cons
benefits are not reasonable
Data Clerk/ Call Center (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNAugust 10, 2016
The company is a great place to work. I was looking for it to become my career but management had other plans for me. I would love to go back. If you love helping people, then this is the company to work for.
great job at first
Custodian (Current Employee) –  Lancaster, OHFebruary 10, 2017
you work at your own pace,hours are great,buildings i clean , people are very friendly.don't have management at this time , they keep quitting . hard to get supplies you need to do job properly
Pros
hours great and flexible
Cons
management keeps quitting, no communication, getting supplies takes 2 months to get, no rewards for showing up to work everyday
no benefits
industeral cleaning (Former Employee) –  Great Falls, MTOctober 23, 2016
poor management were all treated like children not a good place to work for job orders were not given and training was not given they did not have the proper cleaning supplies and as a company we used our own cars we use our gas we used our money to buy cleaning supplies at the dollar tree we were given 20 min to clean awhile office with no breaks really didn't like the management but loved the company
Office Cleaner (Current Employee) –  Lynwood, ILFebruary 12, 2017
Productive place but this part-time job is really for only for collage kids that's just want to pay some loans off. its only 15 hours a week!

I do like this job because of the good reviews i get form the workers about my good work cleaning the office building.
Pros
free beverages and hot tea.
Cons
no breaks and no healthcare benefits
Flexible hours
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEAugust 6, 2016
Company attempts to provide work locations close to home. Able to advance quickly based on job performance. Able to work independently without much supervision. Timely management feedback.
Pros
good work hours
Cons
compensation
Work was sufficient for a season.
Commercial Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Rockford, ILFebruary 13, 2017
I performed general custodial duties on a part time basis and was adequately compensated for the work. The work environment was very laid back.
Pros
Christmas bonus, management trusted me with ordering supplies.
Cons
Insufficient working hours for living expenses.
Cleaning
Janitor (Former Employee) –  Eau Claire, WIOctober 26, 2016
The job itself was not to bad, simple an.d easy, mostly part time, some full time hours were available, flexible schedule and minimal supervision. Management is disorganized
Pros
Flexible hours, unsupervised environment, all tools needed provided
Cons
Difficult to get full time hours, unorganized

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Service Master. Our community is ready to answer.