About the position:
As a JDE Programmer/Analyst, your primary responsibility will be to review, analyze, and modify JDE code to support the JD Edwards EnterpriseOne (E1) and other bolt-on applications. Design new modules to improve system efficiency. Administer, maintain, develop and implements policies and procedures for ensuring the security and integrity of the company database. Implement data models and database designs, data access and table maintenance codes; resolves database performance issues, database capacity issues, replication, and other distributed data issues. Work on other projects and tasks as assigned by manager. You will log issues in our tracking system and coordinate problem resolution with other working groups, and ensure that appropriate communication, hand-off and follow-through occur. A successful candidate will bring their drive and passion for excellent customer service and continuous quality improvements.
This is a unique position that requires a strong JDE Programmer/Analyst with SQL Database Administrations and JDE CNC experience.
Technical Skills Required:
Be proficient with Service Partners core technologies:
- Oracle / JDE EnterpriseOne development tools (RDA, FDA, OMW, etc)
- BSFNs, NERs, OCM, ESU, ASU installation and package build and deploy tools
- SQL 2005 or 2008 database administration and SQL coding
- C/C++, VB
Preferred Optional Skills:
Be proficient in some of the optional technologies we use:
- DSI/DcLink coding and administration
- Covus/FormScape coding and administration
- Essentio Archiving
- Insight G/L inquiry
- IIS and Citrix
Individual Operational Skills needed:
- Be resourceful and innovative to quickly and creatively adapt to the changing landscape in Information Technology.
- Sets and conveys clear goals and monitors progress; is accessible and supports other team members; obtains results and adds value to the organization by making timely and sound decisions and influencing others.
- Have concern for ensuring accuracy, clarity and quality of work reflecting an underlying drive to increase efficiency and track organizational measures.
- Create commitment to common goals; identifies competing interests and finds ways to balance them; values contributions of all team members and other constituencies; values team accomplishments over individual accomplishments; leverages others' strengths and experiences to achieve team goals; co-operates with colleagues and shares resources.
- Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or related field and at least 5 years of experience is required.
- Exceptional oral and written communication. .
- Ability to collaborate with a variety of personalities and skill sets, and improve the quality of IT processes, services and products.
- Ability to operate effectively and professionally under pressure.
- Self-motivated with a strong aptitude and desire to learn.
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Successfully perform job duties in accordance with defined procedures and with limited supervision.
- Be on an on-call rotation.
This is a salaried position with some flexibility in hours once on-call and support coverage schedules are worked out with the team. Applicant must be willing to work additional or non-standard hours to support delivery of time-critical project deadlines.
Service Partners offers a competitive salary and outstanding benefits, including health and life insurance, 401(K) plan and flexible spending accounts. This position is eligible for relocation assistance.
Interested? Please apply directly through our careers page (http://www.service-partners.com/about/careers.aspx).
Service Partners is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity in the workplace. We promote a drug-free work environment. We emphasize recruiting, hiring, and retaining the most qualified candidates and providing them with the opportunity to meet their potential.