ServiceLink Employee Reviews

No security
Employee (Former Employee) –  Moon, PASeptember 17, 2017
SVP is unrealistic and doesn't understand a corporate concept and how too manage. Very cut throat. Layoffs weekly as they do not understand how to manage staff and clients it is all about numbers that they do not set correctly.
Bad company
Data Entry Clerk (Former Employee) –  Aliquippa, PASeptember 3, 2017
just a bad company to work for, promotions were given on no particular basis whomever they felt like giving them to, not on who would be the better candidate, lack of communication between departments
day in the office
Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Moon, PAAugust 26, 2017
It is a fast paced environment where you have set goals you need to meet daily. it is also a lot of time looking at a computer screen and typing as well as talking on the phone. You definitely need to be able to multitask to work this position.
Pros
office postition
Cons
long work hours
Poor work environment, lacking in good management which created an inability to create positive working experience
Pre-Closer (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAAugust 25, 2017
This company lack a stable management team. I worked there about 6 1/2 years and senior management was changed 3-4 times. Since management was changed so frequently they were unable to design and establish a workking model and the same mistakes were made continuously. No effort was given to training or retaining good employees; the only determining factor was bottom line.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Lack of training, poor managment
I didn't feel my position was secure with this firm
Closing Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Moon, PAAugust 24, 2017
I was a loan closer with approximately 30 mortgage closings per month. The job was very fast paced and stressful.Management was constantly asking for file updates, Sometimes several times a day.
Review
Bid Processor (Former Employee) –  Westminster, COAugust 18, 2017
This company has had so much turnover, and does not appreciate their most talented workers. If you are not in their (managements) inner circle, you are not safe. The culture is terrible and they not only lose employees to lay offs, but have had so many people quit due to management styles and culture. It's a great place to start off, but not worth a long term investment.
Production based job
ACCOUNT SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJuly 30, 2017
The work was not consistent you never knew one week to the next if you were truly preforming you duties correctly. Management would congratulate the staff for doing a great jobs and making great numbers in production one week. Then the following week the staff would receive a email or be called into a meeting about score cards with low scores and told to improve. Information given towards performances were very misleading. The jobs security was very misleading. I left a secure job to go work for Servicelink only to be laid off due to a decrease in work having only been employed by them 10 months.
Pros
good hourly pay, most holidays off, benefits
Cons
job security
Good Company, Good Leadership
ASSISTANT VICE PRESIDENT (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAJuly 24, 2017
ServiceLink's upper management is personable and smart. They plan well and treat their employees well. They value the opinions of their staff and the satisfaction of their clients. My favorite boss of all time worked here, I learned the most from her and was given freedom to make my department my own. Great experience.
communciation and managing skills
Appraisal manager (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAJuly 11, 2017
My typical day is managing appraisers to provide status on appraisal reports, and for them to be submitted on time. To assist with issues that may occur.
Pros
coworkers
Cons
layoffs, no room for promotions
No job security
anonymous (Former Employee) –  Westminster, COJuly 9, 2017
The culture at ServiceLink is the worst one I have seen yet in my career. There are so many layoffs that there is constant fear of being let go. You are just a number and are considered dispensable by upper management unless you are considered one of their "favorites" and are "protected" from being let go no matter how poor you are at your job.
Pros
Wellness program with fun activities and the people (front line staff, Supervisors and Managers only)
Cons
Everything else
easy
Vendor Operations Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Moon, PAJuly 3, 2017
I am responsible for advancing the company's retail positions in consumer
markets. I achieve sales goals and service performance requirements through new customer sales, features,
and providing excellent customer satisfaction. I am responsible for selling company products and services
to walk-in customers in retail outlets. I also provide a high level of customer service support with product
expertise and advanced selling skills. I help guide customers through the purchasing decision, activation
process, and educate the customer on their new purchases. I drive sales by developing new customer
prospects and building customer relationships.
Not a secure job
Consultant (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXJune 29, 2017
The company always have a good clients. I was giving my best hard work for this company and actually they let me go. The upper management they try hard to communicate with us but, they have no idea the department manager has poor knowledge and communication skills. If you tried to correct the manager you are the first person to let go when they lay off comes. Benfit is really bad. If you took vacation before your laid off they dedicated all the hours you work example sick time and your vacation hours and they wI'll let you go without paid. They don't care about you ones they let you go. It's really sad.
Pros
Flixabele work hours
Cons
Benfit and managements are bad
Great Managers, Rare Raises
Development Services (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAJune 28, 2017
The managers are largely competent, friendly, and worth working for. No complaints there.

The atmosphere is professional but not stuffy. There are just enough fun activities and employee get-togethers to be pleasant, but not frivolous.

Hours are fairly flexible. A lot of people work from home.

Company is not very good about getting it's clients to pay their bills, so money is always short.

All departments are understaffed. Layoffs come without warning once or twice per year.
Pros
great managers, friendly co-workers
Cons
too much work for too few people, very tight restrictions on Internet access
productive environment
Administrative Specialist/Data Entry (Current Employee) –  Arlington, TXJune 23, 2017
Great place for independent working and thinking. Not great on wage increases and communication on when they will be available. My department manager is pretty good about letting employees do their own work without hovering.
Nice while it lasts
Vendor Operation Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Moon, PAJune 20, 2017
I have had two separate stints with ServiceLink, each time in their vendor management department. I had great supervisors, loved most of my colleagues, enjoyed working in a brand new facility with a pristine environment, and took advantage of the full service employee cafeteria. So why only three stars? Because ServiceLink and companies like them are notorious for hiring people by the hundreds and laying off people by the hundreds. So unless you are lucky enough to become a permanent employee, you have to accept the fact that you will not have a long term future with them unless you don't mind coming in and out like a yo yo.
Pros
Great people, fun atmosphere.
Cons
You don't last long there.
Mortgage title prep(buy/refi)
Closing Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Aliquippa, PAJune 12, 2017
I learned a lot about preparing all sections of a mortgage title for purchasing and refinancing. Every day was busy which at times we had to many chiefs and not enough Indians Under paid for the work that was required on a daily basis.. This company laid off a lot.
Pros
Good work/Life balance
Cons
Under paid and laid off a lot when the industry was slow
steady work w/ overtime
Title Examiner (Former Employee) –  Aliquippa, PAJune 7, 2017
a lot of work at your desk. mandatory overtime. pressure to work fast. low supervisory work. learned to work steady on mortgage docs. management was weak.
Dead company
Escrow Officer/Closing Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAJune 2, 2017
Benefits sucks, the general atmosphere is dead. The management sucks. There are no perks. No incentives. There is no Job culture. If you liked to be micromanaged than this is the place! They don't appreciate their employees. They do not provide good training. Communication sucks. The management are unfriendly.
Fast paced environment.
Real Estate Closing Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Hopewell, PAMay 25, 2017
Worked with clients who where in the process of refinancing there homes. Verified if any new structures were place on the property or if any liens were against the property.
Vendor Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Moon, PAMay 10, 2017
Lay offs too high, breaks too short. Good overtime opportunities but only at peak times in the summer. Expect layoffs in winter slow times. Management sucked
Pros
Hours
Cons
Breaks