ServiceMaster Employee Reviews

I owned the company and loved it.
MANAGING MEMBER (Former Employee) –  McAllen, TXFebruary 14, 2018
This business was sold and is no longer operational. It was a national franchise and we had a lot of good times while it lasted. Hard to see it go, but all good things must come to an end.
Fun place to work
PROCUREMENT SPECIALIST III (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNFebruary 13, 2018
I enjoy working here. Management very interactive with employees. My director is very easy to talk. The compensation package is great. Very flexible work schedule.
Hope you have a strong stomache
Information Technology Specialist (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLFebruary 10, 2018
While I was hired on to maintain the computer systems and office network after a couple of weeks i was being sent on jobs to do cleaning. mold blood the mess of the deceased sewage, cleaning these are in your future at servicemaster
good work environment, managers need work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Lewisville, TXFebruary 7, 2018
Great company to work for, local management needs some work on customer service and the mission of the company they are employed by. Most of them had a don't care attitude.
Excellent company - outstanding values
External Organization Effectiveness Consultant (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILFebruary 6, 2018
I worked as an external consultant for ServiceMaster dealing with hospital mergers. The work was demanding and challenging. Every day brought new challenges. ServiceMaster sold off their management services division to Aramark which eventually ended my affiliation.
Productive and fast paced
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMFebruary 6, 2018
Started off quiet and positive working with Service master. But then the hours were too late in the evening, due to it being a cleaning service. Management was a little confusing.
n/a
Service Representative Level 4 (Former Employee) –  Bartlett, TNFebruary 5, 2018
good company
But some common cognitive errors are making this sell-off seem more dramatic than it is. And the reasons behind it may be more benign than it seems at first glance.
Servicemaster
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNFebruary 5, 2018
Servicemaster for Terminix is a great place to work Service master for American Homeshield is a stressful place to work and does not pay their employees fairly.
Management is constantly on your back, never satisfied.
Professional Cleaner (Current Employee) –  Bellmawr, NJFebruary 4, 2018
Management are always coming into the location, not to help but to cause problems. Hollering and ignorant never giving any praise for a job well done. Did provide Bonuses of cash on a monthly basis.
The additional money does not compensate for the abuse that is giving on a daily basis.
With no benefits and low pay people come in and out constantly calling out especially after an abusive review.
DO NOT APPRECIATE PEOPLE THAT COME TO WORK EVERYDAY AND WORK IN A PROFFESSIONAL MANNER!!!
Pros
Steady work
Cons
Bad management, low pay, no benefits bad culture
Great group of people to work with, but understaffed and poor management.
IT Administrator lll (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNFebruary 2, 2018
The teams and people are great, however the companies direction changes and the information is not shared with the employees. The benefits are alright, but things could always be better for a company this size.
Pros
Your co workers
Cons
Management style
good work environment
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNFebruary 2, 2018
A typical work day is signing in on the telephone and begin to take calls. I learned lots about sales. How to close a sale more importantly. The management does a great job in making sure they she keeps the center in the proper atmosphere and the work culture is awesome, very diverse. The hardest part of the job is selling when its the "slower" part of the year and the most enjoyable part is the interaction between myself and the customer and myself and my co-workers.
Sales
Inside Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNFebruary 1, 2018
I was responsible for handling both inbound and outbound sales calls for tmx pest control. I loved everything about the job. I would love to be apart of their staff again.
Pros
Paid training
Cons
N/a
Not bad at all
JANITOR (Former Employee) –  Crystal Lake, ILFebruary 1, 2018
My time with this company was brief, but it was nice. This company has franchises. That said, I cannot vouch for the whole company, but for the record, my management team was incredible.
Not worth the time
Custodian (Former Employee) –  Altoona, PAJanuary 31, 2018
Pros: A lot of the time you work alone so you don't have to deal with other people.
They pretty much leave you to yourself and are willing to work with your schedule.

Cons: They only start you off with 15-20 hours and you have to beg for more shifts.
The pay wasn't the best especially only working part time.
Rude insulting manager
Water and Fire Technician (Former Employee) –  Florence, AL 35634January 28, 2018
Cleaned carpet, and furniture. Moved furniture to clean carpet. Dried floors after water damage. Owner was rude and insulting. Not a friendly place to work.
Servicemaster
Director of Environmental Services (Former Employee) –  Henderson, NVJanuary 28, 2018
It was a great job while it lasted. towards the end they brought in a bunch mangers to open a new location and they made it where I was not enjoying the job anymore.
Pros
Great people generally
No good
Crew Lead/ Service Master, Grandview (Former Employee) –  Grandview, MOJanuary 27, 2018
People are disrespectful no appreciation for going out of your way or doing others jobs. Always afraid to loose your job. No one gives advice just criticizes.
Pros
Cons
Pay benifits management
Hectic fast paced environment
Project Manager and Estimator (Former Employee) –  Oxford, MEJanuary 24, 2018
Long hours and never knew where you would be from one job to the next. Staff seems to turn over quite a bit so, some people never felt secure in having a job.
Good job
BUILDING LEAD (Former Employee) –  Duncan, OKJanuary 24, 2018
This job was for night work only at a contractors facility. I was hard work, and exacting work. Turnover was high and always having to train new employees.
a ok place to work
Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Greensboro, NCJanuary 22, 2018
Some days are more stressful than others. My manager is awesome and I have learned a lot, and enjoy working with him. The employees that I manage do a great job.
Pros
Adjustable schedule .
Cons
No benefitis

Ask a question about working or interviewing at ServiceMaster. Our community is ready to answer.