ServiceMaster Employee Reviews

Stressful workplace that needs new management that appreciates the people that make them money
Water Technician (Current Employee) –  Fresno, CAMay 24, 2017
A copany just trying to make a buck not caring about who they have to step on to do it nobody there knows how to schedule or plan and they expect you to fix all the problems they creat if you can't then there mad at you
Rewarding career
Vice President (Current Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMMay 24, 2017
Rewarding careers can be found at ServiceMaster. The company has a competitive environment but it is not a negative environment. To thrive one must be able to adapt quickly.
Company holds the good relationship with their employees
QA Engineer (Current Employee) –  Madison, WIMay 23, 2017
Project involved Web based application which is used by front office users for tracking different service requests made by clients such as janitorial services, carpet cleaning, hard surface floor care, tile and grout cleaning, and upholstery cleaning.
what it's like to be a slave
Housekeeper and Laundry (Former Employee) –  Mercy Hospital Defiance OHMay 18, 2017
I waited 8 months to get a raise after I had been there for a year. Even if you work 35 hours a week, they consider you part time because you're working in different locations, both locations part time. there is no benefits package I was shown or offered.

The pay is lousy and former management would make decisions off personal opinion rather than anything related to work
Pros
relaxed about needing to come in late, understanding about home life
Cons
not enough pay for the risks involved in cleaning certain locations (hospitals)
Great Company!
Branch Manager (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMay 16, 2017
Hired out of college. Great training program! Teach you every aspect of the different business units. This company sets you up for success and allows you to promote quickly!
corporate life
Senior Paralegal-Collection Assistant (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNMay 16, 2017
Great place to work, nice location. Great work-life balance supported by management. Nice salary with opportunity for raises and incentives. Training programs were always encouraged.
Pros
salary structure
Not such a good place to work
Janitorial Worker (Current Employee) –  Lynchburg, VAMay 13, 2017
This company makes overtime mandatory but will not pay for the hours you take out of your day to go in and do work for them. I am trying to get away from this company. 3 people have left since March of this year already. I'm just hoping I can somehow get my money for the work I've done.
Pros
Nothing good to say about the company
Cons
Working and not getting paid, not allowed to help coworkers if you finish your work early enough and they are still working, cutting hours
This is a franchise
IT Manager (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLMay 12, 2017
Please do not let my review of the company turn you off if this is you desired occupation. ServiceMaster is a franchised carpet cleaning and disaster remediation company. The particular ownership of the one I worked at was not good. That does not however reflect on the entire company.
A lot Of work less pay
Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, GAMay 8, 2017
Worked for the company 4 months. It started off as a good job then. When the falcon camp was over I was sent to another building. Had me working alone and putting a lot Of milages on my car. So I asked to drop company car and i was told no so I had pig in my 2 weeks notice because it was too much work and less money
Pros
N/a
Cons
N/a
I would not work here again
Eau Claire area supervisor (Former Employee) –  Eau Claire, WIMay 3, 2017
I did not enjoy working for this company. The upper management was hard to work with. I enjoyed every other aspect of the job but would not choose this as a career choice.
Family orient place to work
Floater (Former Employee) –  Houma, LAMay 3, 2017
The job was janitorial work, was called when needed. Very reasonable with appointments. Great staff. Very welcoming to customers and their satisfaction.
Not recommended
Housekeeping (Current Employee) –  ArkansasApril 25, 2017
Paragould servicemaster needs new office personel. One lady from the office is either outside all the time smoking cigarettes and on her phone! The other one is full of drama and gossip. The owner just let's them do whatever, he must not care about business! I wouldn't recommend this company for anything because not only do you deal with unruly office personel but the majority of the cleaners dont do a good job .
Cons
Drama, gossip
Great culture but not much else
Leadership Development Program (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNApril 25, 2017
ServiceMaster's best thing for them is their culture. Very relaxed and everyone's friendly while being responsible for deadlines. Other than that, it's not a great way to move up in the company as there is not many career advancements. They definitely low ball as much as they can on compensation, and the other health benefits are not that great compared to any other company. Overall if you literally have no where else to go and just need a year or two of experience, then this is it then move out.
Pros
Relaxed, Great Job culture
Cons
No advancement, low pay
Angry Customers, Stressed Staff, Ineffective Management
Bilingual Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNApril 19, 2017
A call center at the bottom of the barrel. The pay was low. Full time employees on the phones did not make enough to afford benefits offered. Flippant managerial style. The work environment was negative. There is a HIGH turnover rate.
Pros
N/a
Cons
pay, negative staff and management
Customer Account Specialist (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNApril 18, 2017
A typical day at work--Reviewing the franchise uploaded information.

What you learned? My job is a daily learning experience due to constant changes.

Your coworkers. My coworkers are great. We are all team players.

The hardest part of the job. When the communication is not on time with information.

The most enjoyable part of the job. Make sure that all inforamtion is correct and accurate
good place to work
Training Manager (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNApril 16, 2017
Good place to work, expanding and growing company. Great people and staff. benefits and pay are good for the area. Very involved in community events and support.
Small business issues
ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Sioux Falls, SDApril 15, 2017
Issues don't get resolved and it's obvious there are favored employees. They are willing to work around with personal lives though. They want to grow the business but there are a lot of issues that need to be worked out first.
Amazing company to work for
Sr. Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNApril 13, 2017
ServiceMaster is an amazing company to work for. Since the first day that I started working for this company I have enjoyed every moment within this company. This company has given me a career.
very small franchise
Sales Representitive (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, ALApril 4, 2017
Typical work day for a sales rep is going from insurance agent to insurance agent. Learned a lot about building relationships. Not the best work culture.
On-call only apply
Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Bonner Springs,ksApril 4, 2017
It's difficult working this type of job because of the amount of time that you have to spend on call and be away from your family. Other than that the work is enjoyable and pay is ok.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at ServiceMaster. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval