SERVICEMASTER

SERVICEMASTER Employee Reviews

was owner of the franchise
Entrepreneur, Owner/Operator (Former Employee), Topeka, KSAugust 18, 2015
Fire, water and smoke damage was the main work areas for our business. I would estimate the work to be done, arrange the work schedule for the crew (up to 10 people). I would supervise the employees and answer any questions anyone had. The hardest part was to make sure that the customers were happy with the progress and the work when finished.
typical day at work
Custodial worker (Former Employee), charolettesvilleAugust 17, 2015
I would start with taking out trash wiping counters sweeping floors cleaning the bathrooms offices and finished with mopping floors
Two different Franchisees in less than a year for one location.
Sales and Marketing Consultant (Current Employee), Columbus, OHAugust 12, 2015
Pros: Basically great concept
Cons: Too many franchisees don't understand business
Very political environment where you walked on eggshells with Franchisees who many times had family members on staff.
Absolutely the worst place I've ever worked.
Floor Technician (Current Employee), Sterling, ILJuly 27, 2015
Pros: Pretty relaxed about asking for a day off.
Cons: Almost everything else.
First, the management staff will tell you all the things you want to hear before starting. They'll make promises of a set schedule, the hours you want and compensation/advancement opportunities. None of this is true. They're just selling you the job. The schedule is very sporadic. Hours always fluctuate between days and nights while not always being a specific shift. Schedule can be run on an "as needed" basis. Be prepared to work in every department even though you're assigned a job title when you start. The management staff is completely worthless. When you go to one with a problem you want a solution for it usually goes unresolved. Chances are they will speak down to you like you're a child, refer to your complaint as "whining" and be entirely insensitive about your issue. I've worked in fast food restaurants that were run by teenagers that were more organized and professional than this company. Honestly, if you're seeking employment I suggest you look anywhere else but here.
Laid back workplace.
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Tampa, FloridaJuly 23, 2015
I schedule appointments, solve minor problems, and deal with some billing issues.
I learned to work under tight time requirements.
Management is amazing. They truly help you to become a better worker and a better person in a nice corrective way.
The job is relatively easy, I would say the hardest thing is making sure I get to my personal goal of at least 92% utilization.
The most enjoyable is helping people find solutions to their problems.
Customer Service Oriented
Associate Services Specialist I (Current Employee), Memphis, TNJuly 15, 2015
The company is dedicated to their customers and always trying to improve the customer's experience. The company continues to grow and maintain their customers.
Corporate Recruiter (Current Employee), Memphis, TNJuly 14, 2015
Pros: Great culture and great people
Cons: Teams run very lean and everyone is overworked.
ServiceMaster is a great company that is growing very rapidly. The culture is great, and also the people. I would definitely rate this company as a top 3 company in the Memphis area.
i like it cool down time will be fun
trash puller (Current Employee), po bax 3346 chattanoogaJuly 7, 2015
pull trash talk to the dr at the job

how to be the best I can be

they have good lending skills

good co work to be with

moping all the floors

talking to the dr that there
Great!
Director of Marketing (Former Employee), Hendersonville, NCJune 29, 2015
I loved working at ServiceMaster. The people their were very helpful and encouraging. I loved every minute of being a marketer at ServiceMaster Clean.
Great working environment
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Memphis, TNJune 24, 2015
A typical working with ServiceMaster was fairly easy going and organized. I gained a lot of technical and social skills while working here. The management was awesome and non intimidating. I loved going to work. This is a great company to work for and the employees are all friendly and helpful.
not a good place to work they are two faced
employee (Former Employee), Richmond, VAJune 18, 2015
Bad company dont care about people they always want you to go above and beyond but no pay the co-workers are not team players the Vice President has his kids working for the company so no growth opportunity for no one so its not a great place to work
I enjoyed for ServiceMaster, the Company believed in training and development.
Human Resources Generalist II (Former Employee), Memphis, TNJune 8, 2015
Pros: The department I worked in, challenging and learning something different daily
Cons: Career advancements, medical and compensation benefits
My typical day in our Associate/Employee Relations dept. consisted of me checking voicemails and emails, returning any phone calls that didn't consist of me researching anything, and responding to emails that didn't require research or follow-up with another area. I would research all city ordinances, state and federal laws websites to determine if any laws changed, if so, schedule meetings with appropriate attorney to discuss communication to HR Managers. Schedule any conference calls, and/or meetings if applicable as well as attend conference calls and/or meetings scheduled for the day. Update policies and procedures, as well as handbooks for each brands. Responsible for the coordination and completion of all labor and employment laws.
loved every minute of working here!
Regional Manager, West (Former Employee), Reno, NVJune 3, 2015
Pros: Family atmosphere
Cons: long work days
worked in different capacities with this company over 14 years. Cleaned homes, quality assurance, office assistant office manager,branch manager, regional manager
Quiet
Janitorial (Current Employee), Greenville, NCJune 2, 2015
Pros: I take breaks in between buildings.
Cons: no benefits.
I work alone. I have a key. I go in and turn on the lights and get my supplies and start cleaning. I don't have a specific time to go to work.
productive and ever changing
Fire Tech Disaster restoration (Former Employee), Bessemer, ALJune 1, 2015
This was hard work, but my favorite job. It was always different places and new ways to push to do a better job each and every time.You were also making a difference in peoples' lives by helping them restore what they thought they had lost to a fire.
hated this job very little work
General Cleaner (Current Employee), memphis,TnMay 22, 2015
Pros: got to look at free basketball games
Cons: very slow work and hours
i will never apply again. i hated this job. wanted you to come to work early with no extra pay. it may be diffrent experiences for diffrent people but i did not like my experience at all. i would not say do not work for them but myself personally would not. they send you out to all these diffrent locations for only a few hours. the pay is bad for the amount of work they expect out of you. Maybe if they paid more and offered better hours they would keep their employees
Great Service
Service Technician (Former Employee), Pocatello, IDMay 20, 2015
Pros: Great Services
Cons: Get payed by on job site
ServiceMaster Clean is a great company to work for, keeping the customer happy. Making their live happy after their disaster happen.
Productive and fast past environment
IT Analyst Specialist II (Current Employee), Memphis, TNMay 17, 2015
Pros: Learning new things on a daily basis
Cons: Job advancement
Productive, fast paced, learning environment that encourages the employees to strive to complete the best work environment for all employees.
Good people to work with
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Danville, VAApril 14, 2015
Good people to work with for the most part. I learned a lot about how a company should run and should not be run. Too many conflicts to list.
co workers and staff were friendly
Cleaning Crew (Former Employee), Lancaster, OHApril 11, 2015
Pros: new skills and interaction with new co workers
Cons: all evening hrs
did my daily cleaning , alarming and disarming the alarm system, loved my job, there was no hard part Management was wonderful
Headquarters