ServiceMaster Employee Reviews in United States

Regional Operations Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Paragould, ARJune 16, 2016
Worked with a great group of people. Clients were satisfied with work. Employees loved the employee appreciation day that was instituted while I was there. Busy from the start until the finish. Short-staffed constantly.
Pros
company car
Cons
short staffed, no incentives given to employees to remain
independence, pretty good pay, active.
Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Lewiston, MEJune 1, 2016
I enjoyed cleaning the office buildings I had independence and was in charge of myself which was nice. The pay was good for just cleaning a lot better than a minimum wage paying job. Their was no benefits though; nor much advancement in cleaning. The management was good, they were plesent people, I rarely saw them because they had an office and multiple buildings and I was pretty much in charge of myself. The hardest part of this job was the really dirty bathrooms I had to clean everyday, other than that it was a pretty good job.
Pros
good pay, Independence, good managment
Cons
no benifits, no advancement
Great 1st job
Human Resources Assistant (Former Employee) –  Kalamazoo, MIMay 11, 2016
All around good 1st job. starting pay is good. They managers gives you ample building if you want to work more hours. good company to work for.
OK company
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Knoxville, TNMay 10, 2016
Kind of boring and not a whole lot of culture or unity with co-workers. No one would participate in out of the office events. Management always seemed very stressed out when a new job would come in and that was frustrating.

The branch eventually closed due to low volume and revenue.
Pros
Can't really think of any
Cons
Not terrible but not good either
Work Study
Office cleaning (Current Employee) –  Easton, PAMay 8, 2016
Good job to work while still attending college. Staff is very consistent and helpful. Co-workers are friendly and nice
Very Structured
LEAD ESTIMATOR (Former Employee) –  Stallings, NCMay 5, 2016
A typical day at work was very fast paced.

What I learned at ServiceMaster was time management.

Management was very structured.

All my co-workers were great to work with.

Hardest part of the job was being patient with insurance companies and homeowners.

The most enjoyable part of this job was helping out homeowners in their time of need.
Service driven work place
RMIS Analyst (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNMay 3, 2016
The best and most enjoyable part of the job is the team/individuals I work with. The company is in a transition stage to better itself.
Good Job to have
Lead custordial (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNMay 1, 2016
Service Master is a good place to work as a lead person your job is to make sure the staff area is clean and sanitize before teachers and children arrive make sure grounds are litter free .
Fun And Interesting
Crew Chief (Former Employee) –  Northfield, MNApril 27, 2016
I learned a lot in this career. Most of my skills came from this position. Here I learned how to deal with people in distress and learned to be compassionate while really wanting to help and do what was in their best interest. I learned discipline for those who depended on me here. I worked a lot of hours but i have to admit it felt good playing the super hero here solving other peoples water issues.
Small warehouse
Picker, Shipper, Loader (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNApril 13, 2016
Small warehouse with more work than workers. Able to work alone with minimum supervision. Hour lunch and plenty of overtime.
Nice Place to work.
Janitor (Former Employee) –  St. Cloud, MNApril 6, 2016
I enjoyed working here. My co-worker were professional and always willing to lend a hand when needed. The clients were respectful.
Great company
Inspector/Sales (Former Employee) –  LaGrange, GAMarch 24, 2016
This particular branch had management which was a "do as I say and not as I do" attitude. I was not happy with this type environment. I'm sure not all branches are the same. You don't write an employee up for doing the same thing as management, when the rule applys to all employees.
Most days would consist of home inspections for request submitted by the home owner with possible issues of different types of pest. I learned how many pest survive and also how to rid the home of them permanently. My co-workers were some of the best people and often helped each other when necessary. The hardest part of the job was crawling under houses looking for wood destroying organisms that could cause permanent damage to the foundation of the home.
The most enjoyable part was meeting new people and the ability to help each one.
Pros
Good company benefits and overall great company to work for.
Cons
All rules and regulations unfortunately do not apply to all.
Great workplace, with very fair bosses
Water Technician (Current Employee) –  Hiawassee, GAMarch 15, 2016
I loved working here, even though sometimes there was confusion on job sites. Benefits weren't the best but they were better than none at all.
Pros
1 hour lunches
Servicemaster
Customer Service Representative/Call Center (Former Employee) –  Memphis TennesseeMarch 8, 2016
I have made purchases through them in the past I have dealt with them when I was working with somebody.From the time that initially made the call until the time of the sale and it was over whether it was delivered or I pick it up they were very professional I think working for this company Would be an asset for me and for anybody who got on
Independent and Quiet
Custodian (Current Employee) –  Chesapeake, VAMarch 4, 2016
Working is very peaceful
The management is very polite and checks up on us
There's no on co-workers working me
There's nothing hard about doing this job
Worst plave I've ever worked!
Cleaning Technician (Former Employee) –  Hood River, ORMarch 3, 2016
The management and supervisor was completely unhelpful. The supervisors main job was to keep the closet stocked and it was never stocked. I had to call constantly to ask for supplies that should be there. I had 4 supervisors come and go during the year and few months I worked there. During the last few months I worked there we got a new supervisor and things started going missing like the rags and cleaners. I would stock my closet and he would go in and take my rags I had for the week. Also I worked there over a year, I even got employee of the month and never received a raise. The staff in the clinic appreciated my hard work more than the company. The Supervisor and rover we had before I quit would smoke marijuana together and they would come in and leave my buildings and hallways reeking of marijuana. very unprofessional work place.
Pros
worked by myself in my own buildings.
Cons
no raise, no benefirts, poor management and supervisor
Laid back place to work
Contents Project Administrator (Former Employee) –  South Bend, INMarch 2, 2016
I would still be working there if my position had not been eliminated. Overall, the job was easy & I enjoyed it very much. I would go back if they decided to open the position back up.
Pros
very laid back
Cons
the owner did not make me feel welcomed on a day to day basis if he was there
Uneventful Manual Labour
Custodial Worker (Current Employee) –  Beaverton, ORFebruary 29, 2016
I clean a single one-story office building. There are two kitchens, two copy rooms, four bathrooms, and lots of cubicles, a few offices. I wipe counters, dust, mop, and vacuum. I collect trash and recycling for disposal. All general, easy cleaning. Seriously, though, $9.25 per hour is not enough to pay someone to clean toilets. It is just a little bit degrading.

I really did not like being told at the beginning that I would be working full time then having my shift cut to seven hours a day so I could not gain benefits. I am doing eight hours of work in seven hours. I feel cheated.

The work is not that hard, but there is simply too much to do each day in the time I have been given. I work mostly alone, after hours, so there is no workplace drama. I like the peace and quiet. I have not had any problems with my co-workers. Management is slow getting me the supplies I need, I have to hound my supervisor sometimes when I need towels and gloves.

What have I learned? I have learned being a janitor sucks, but not as much as being unemployed and broke...
Pros
No real stress or drama.
Cons
No real benefits from working 35 hours a week.
Excellent Management team
Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Syracuse, NY 13211February 17, 2016
Probably the best company I have ever worked for. Competitive salary, advancement opportunities, great benefits andsome of the best people I have had the pleasure to work with.
Pros
Excellent Employment opportunities
Cons
No locations close enough for me
Very good advancement opportunities
Regional Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMFebruary 15, 2016
Very good company to work for, I started as a telemarketer and became the Regional Sales Manger within five years. I had the chance to mentor countless individuals that also have advanced with the company. The company was then sold and the senior management that was brought in was very inexperienced in the industry.
Pros
Travel and Compensation
Cons
Very hard work life balance