ServiceMaster Employee Reviews

the place i work the people are nice cool to work around they let me know i do a good job and they appreciate my work at the job i work at the irs,
Janitor (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, ALSeptember 20, 2016
the place i work the people are nice cool to work around they let me know i do a good job and they appreciate my work at the job i work at the irs and the red cross. Always do your best at your job and poeple will appreciate your work.
good pay, independence
Lead Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Zionsville, INSeptember 20, 2016
This job paid really well, and allowed a good amount of freedom and independence. The franchise owner had a difficult time keeping a steady workload and did not know how to properly budget time.
Pros
good pay, independence
Cons
management was unable to sustain steady work
Fun Workplace with many different learning opportunities
Promotions Intern (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNSeptember 19, 2016
The Memphis Open Presented by ServiceMaster was a great experience for me. The internship was unpaid and about 3 months long. We the first two and a half months were mostly promotional events or handing out flyers and such to promote the tournament. Tournament week I had responsibilities that were very broad, anywhere from operations to ticket sales. The hardest part of the job was just the hours of the tournament week. I logged about 70 hours that week.
Pros
Fun up beat work environment
Cons
It was an unpaid internship
Not a company for long term growth opportunities.
Recruiter Specialist (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNSeptember 12, 2016
This company is behavior based company and if you do not fit within their 12 models then you are out. Relegates of performance this is how they are weeding out top talent.
Pros
Great Community outreach
Cons
lack of vision from senior managers for growth beyond Service master culture, little to no diveristy inclusion support from senior manager
Highly Enjoyed my employment there was just unable to do on call schedual any longer
Water Mold Tech (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VASeptember 11, 2016
Absolutely loved the family atmosphere of this job must be dependable, available and honest. Great Company to work for just no longer fit my family schedule
General work environment
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNSeptember 9, 2016
Everyone is really nice and it is a very upbeat, positive environment.
the pay is good and the training is extensive.
its a great place to learn and improve.
Pros
pay
Cons
vacation/time off
Was a great experience to work in the restoration field however hard to move up and learn new skills
accts receivable (Former Employee) –  Fortson, GASeptember 7, 2016
Over all my experience with my fellow coworkers and management team was great. This company had all the incentives such as insurance benefits. Its not a company one can move up in rank with the pay grade expected.
Pros
Healthcare, great atmosphere and Christmas parties were awesome
Cons
No retirement plan
Great opportunity
President of Greenville Operations (Current Employee) –  Greenville, SCSeptember 7, 2016
This was a franchise. I enjoyed making the most of each opportunity. I was able to hire and fire who I saw fit. People that will work and do a good job are hard to come by.
Finding people takes a larger portion of my energy than I wished it did.
Pros
Company paid lunches, golf outings, great support with corporate
Cons
long hours, buck stops with you.
Price analzying and event planning.
Sourcing Analyst II (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNSeptember 6, 2016
A typical day consisted of analyzing pricing from vendors and completing RFP's for event planning team. I became experienced with Cvent tool used in event planning.
How is my days in work?
Janitorial Worker (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAAugust 28, 2016
I work between 6-10 pm on Mondays-Fridays.
I don't have to work on weekends.
The most enjoyable part of the job are taking out trash, vacuuming, and mopping floors.
The hardest part of the job is working within a time limit.
Get it in writing
Cleaner (Former Employee) –  York, PAAugust 24, 2016
If you are applying for a cleaning position and they tell you there is no heavy lifting make sure you get it in writing. A few of us were told this just to find out after hiring that we had to lift heavy teachers desks and FILLED filing cabinets. This has the potential to injure workers and start a WC claim. There is no problem lifting 50 lbs but they do not tell you it is continuous. Also was told they had men to do the heavier stuff but they were no where to be found when needed but did show up to look good when the customer dropped by.

Management should be honest and ethical or they will always be hiring.
Pros
Worked with some nice people that deserve better
Cons
Noone can lift over 50 lbs constantly for too long without injury
Enjoyed the people
Janitor (Former Employee) –  Saint Cloud, MNAugust 15, 2016
Enjoyed the people i worked with. Was able to do work with pretty much with no management check in. Maybe once a month. Enjoyed very much. To bad they lost the contract for that building.
very good
team leader (Former Employee) –  Carrollton, TXAugust 5, 2016
it was not a very good fit for me because of the travel, it spent most of my pay for gas going to and from the job sites and that was really upsetting for me and sometimes driving other workers back home and not getting paid for that
Pros
good ownership
Cons
pay was not what i expected
productive and established employer
Carpet Technician (Former Employee) –  Pitcairn, PAJuly 19, 2016
The most enjoyable part of the job was the team members and other co-workers. Typical day at work consisted of performing carpet clean duties for commercial and residential customers.
Pros
Buy lunch for employees on Thursdays
Cons
Too much downtime
Productive Fun Work Place
HR Generalist/Analyst (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNJuly 11, 2016
I worked for this company for 19 years. It is a great company and is family based even considering how large it is. I have recommended people to this company as a customer and employee.
Not structured and always concerned if payroll was going to be met
Disaster Restoration Manager (Former Employee) –  Akron, OHJuly 7, 2016
ServiceMaster had no structure or work flow. I was brought in to help build structure and work flow and within 2 years 3 managers and one owner resigned. As I was trying to move forward in the structure and work flow I was very limited as what I was able to do as money to better the company was always a problem. The techs did not have properly working tools or safety equipment.
a lot of work with not enough employees
Finisher (Current Employee) –  Hampstead, NC 28443June 28, 2016
The Management needs more organization. Seems like all Jobs are not organized. Company needs more employees to help with jobs
Pretty decent company
Janitorial Worker (Former Employee) –  Spokane, WAJune 27, 2016
The company and employees are all pretty nice. Everyone is willing to step up and help out if its needed. Yes janitorial is hard work but it's worth it and in all honesty is pretty fun.
Amount of work depends on amount of damaged homes
Restoration Specialist (Former Employee) –  Kennewick, WAJune 27, 2016
The most enjoyable part of the job was when there was an abundance of work to be done. If there were no house fires or water damaged homes then there was no work. I can't really blame the company for lack of work to be done when there are no house fires.
Regional Operations Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Paragould, ARJune 16, 2016
Worked with a great group of people. Clients were satisfied with work. Employees loved the employee appreciation day that was instituted while I was there. Busy from the start until the finish. Short-staffed constantly.
Pros
company car
Cons
short staffed, no incentives given to employees to remain