SERVICEMASTER

SERVICEMASTER Employer Reviews

Bad Experience
General Manager (Former Employee), Jefferson City, MOMarch 12, 2015
Did not enjoy my employment at this ServiceMaster due to personal reasons.

The management was unprofessional and did not train employees well.
Very busy environment.
Service Planning Specialist (Former Employee), Montgomery AlabamaMarch 4, 2015
Pros: working independently, ability to work from home in situations of emergencies due to illness, daycare, temporary car issues.
Cons: completing the work and having a last minute change of available technicians.
There were no typical days at the office. Everyday brought new obstacles to overcome and meld into your daily schedule of things to do. Some days were more challenging than others, but I believe that is what made the job so likable. Learned about using map features to assist with scheduling routes to reach revenue predictions.
fun work place
Cleaner (Current Employee), Minneapolis, MNFebruary 17, 2015
A typical day at work is me working and taking my own direction, when there is a problem communicating with managers about things i need and when i run out of supplies, but i mostly work by myself and have to make sure things are cleaned correctly.
Site is harsh environment must always wear PPE's, FMI personnel are hostile.
Coordinates admin between client and FMI personnel (Former Employee), Tagbac, San Jose, Antipolo City, RizalFebruary 14, 2015
Pros: just being employed
Cons: get to see rural sites, environment is cleaner (outside cement plant)
Engaging FMI personnel everyday during tool box meeting. Meeting their superiors and hearing their concerns. Manage my anger. Management is supportive of FMI's endeavor. FMI personnel was absorbed from previous service provider and is very hostile towards FMI. Hardest part of the job is engaging FMI personnel on site, can't react negatively due to remoteness of site from City and personnel are mostly living within the vicinity. Enjoyable part is solving one's administrative related problem and then becoming his friend.
Great Place to work
Retail Sales Merchandiser (Current Employee), Brandon, MSFebruary 13, 2015
Pros: great place
Its a great job that I enjoy working. And the people are great to work with and I enjoy working at this job and hope to continue to be there for a long time.
I liked being paid every week.
Janitor (Former Employee), Davenport, IAFebruary 9, 2015
Pros: getting paid every week.
Cons: driving miles to clean buildings.
A typical day would be to go in a get my supplies needed for cleaning. I learned a lot of responsibility. My manager was great but my supervisor was very disorganized. Working with my co-workers was awesome. The hardest part was driving miles to clean buildings. The best part of this job was getting paid every week.
Horrible
American Home Shield Call Center Associate (Former Employee), Memphis, TNFebruary 7, 2015
As soon as you get hired, make sure you start looking for another job. WORST place i have ever worked. No job security, expensive insurance, horrible management. Don't work here unless you are in dire straights
Collaboration
Program Manager (Current Employee), Memphis, TNFebruary 3, 2015
Pros: work/life balance, easy commute
Cons: expensive benefits, leadership turnover
Program and project management can be hard and demanding, but also provide the opportunity to work with various people both from the business and the technical sides. The ability to collaborate, compromise and ultimately make decisions in the interest of the company, department, and strategic goals is what makes the job rewarding.
A place with good work hours.
custodian (Former Employee), Salem, ORFebruary 2, 2015
Pros: good set work hours.
Cons: so set work schedule
I always had a set time to check in and out and because it was a swing shift job I could do other productive things during the day. I cleaned worked spaces and took out their trash. While I usually worked in the same place, I was occasionally called to go to other places to clean.

One of the few problems I had with it was that the manager was a bit micromanaging and a bit disorganized and everything had to be brought to him to see if I was done for the night or not, which meant a lot of voice mails and wasted time looking for him if he was in the building.
fun in the beginging
Carpet Cleaner (Former Employee), Grandview, MOJanuary 31, 2015
Pros: being by myself
Cons: no room for advancement
everyday was different I cleaned carpets at different locations every night. I didn't really work with anyone. the hardest part was working nights.
fun
Technician Specialist (Current Employee), Perkasie, PAJanuary 30, 2015
I enjoyed the social interaction between me, the patrons, and fellow employees, bartending was a very fun job whether it was helping someone get threw a tough day by letting them vent about it or being a part of someone's exciting day and being a part of that with them
Fast paced restoration company
Operations Manager (Current Employee), Creston, OHJanuary 28, 2015
Pros: great co workers, paid on the job training
Cons: on call, heavy lifting
A typical Day;
Respond to e mails, go out on job sites and write paper estimates and floor plans, return to the office and create xactimate estimates.

What you learned;
On the job training, as well as, IICRC certification courses

Hardest part of the job;
he physical part of the job. Wet carpet pad is extremely heavy

Most enjoyable part;
Walking a customer through the restoration process and the satisfaction of a happy customer and completed restoration project.
Absolutely Terrible
Road Crew (Former Employee), Pitcairn, PAJanuary 28, 2015
Pros: paid travel time between sites
Cons: no holiday pay, no time for breaks even though they take it out of your pay regardless, poor pay, poor hours, degrading management, broken equpiment, terriblle attitude, poor working conditions, health hazards
Im not a disgruntled employee who has a grudge against their former employer. I dont know how other Servicemasters are, but I can tell you that the Pitcairn branch has got to be the worst place I have ever worked. They treat you like garbage, they lie and shortchange you, there are unsafe working conditions and their form of "safety training" is giing you a written test with the answer sheet that you copy the answers and sign saying you understand when you have no clue. You will not make money, you will not be promoted, advance, or be appreciated no matter how hard you work. The operations manager has no idea on how to run a business and neither does anyone else in management. The carpet cleaners are good. But the janitorial is absolutely terrible. The work is easy the hours suck but its the way the place is ran that makes it so bad. Dont work here.
Not all its hyped up to be
Telesales Associate (Current Employee), Memphis, TNJanuary 27, 2015
Pros: relaxed atmosphere, casual dress
Cons: short breaks, healthcare, dead-end enviornment
Its true that there are opportunities as promised, just not opportuites to advance within the company. There are several lateral moves that can be made just for the sake of doing something different.
fun
Housekeeping (Former Employee), Saint Vrain, NMJanuary 13, 2015
fun staff fun jobs awesome shift flexible... lots of hours availible
great place to work
Commercial Cleaner (Former Employee), Chaplin, CTJanuary 13, 2015
each day was something new and i really enjoyed working there
Constant change
Manager (Former Employee), Memphis, TNJanuary 6, 2015
Outsource, Insource, Host. Each Business Unit controls its IT direction.
Fun and good experience knowledge of different Businesses.
Commercial and Residential Sanitation Consultant (Former Employee), Marlton, NJJanuary 3, 2015
Pros: was good paying and fun sometimes.
Cons: had to use own transportation to work contracts not provided co. cars
Learned Commercial Work through fast food experiences and other Experiences it was cleaning 101 and Customer Service based.
Rewarding opportunity
SENIOR REGIONAL MANAGER (Former Employee), Memphis, TNDecember 31, 2014
Pros: working with franchises
Cons: considerable time investment between travel & office requirements
A rewarding position that required considerable travel. Great co-workers.
Morale has a broad range from department to department
Senior Financial Analyst (Current Employee), Memphis, TNDecember 29, 2014
Pros: flexible work schedule
Cons: leadership in various department lacks interpersonal skills.
Over the past 5 years or so, the company has gone through lots of changes in leadership. Currently lack fairness between qualified employees in regards to career growth and advancement.

1 2 3 4 5

About SERVICEMASTER

ServiceMaster merrily mows, scrubs, sprays, and trims. A giant in its industry, the company serves millions of commercial and – Read more

SERVICEMASTER Salaries