ServiceMaster Employee Reviews

servicemaster Clean
Commercial Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Paragoul ArkasasFebruary 16, 2017
an ok job very strict and lazy supervisors that don't want to do any thing but sit around and not do any thing and judge people not very job appropriate people
Pros
ok job
Cons
not profecianal people
Flexible hours
Part-time evening janitorial technician (Current Employee) –  Urbandale, IAFebruary 13, 2017
People nice to work with. Professional environment. work independently, not much interaction with management. Could be more pay/bonus compensation for work performed.
summer internship
Call Center Representative (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TN 38118February 11, 2017
it was my summer internship, it was very professional and the people were friendly and helpful.
the hours were long but the inbound customers always kept you on your feet. never a dull day
Physical toughness and fun place to work
Clean Tech (Current Employee) –  Valdese, NCFebruary 6, 2017
Working for ServiceMaster has been an amazing experience. I learned proper ways to clean and how to restore a home after water damages or fire damages threatened to destroy families' homes, which was the worst part about this job. The most enjoyable part was being physically challenged to lift and properly position equipment into these homes to restore. Management is very considerate and outstanding when it comes to correcting issues or just praising employees when the time is appropriate.
Great company to work for.
Janitor (Former Employee) –  Jackson, MSFebruary 1, 2017
A typical work day was going in and cleaning the offices assigned to me to clean. Pulling trash, sweeping, vacuuming and dusting. I enjoyed working for the company just wished I could have had more hours to work besides part time.
Pros
easy work
Cons
not enough hours
Great work environment
HR Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Saint Cloud, MNJanuary 26, 2017
Supportive staff who want to help you grow. Family focused company. Growing company. Owners are hands on with all staff and even will go out in the field with staff.
Pros
The team is like a family
Cons
Pay rate
Great work environment with awesome co workers.
Service Restoration Technician (Former Employee) –  Reading, PAJanuary 17, 2017
The company is very professional and was a pleasure to work for. Cleaning and resoration of the homes and knowing it was for the best interest is a wonderful feeling. I am very impressed with how Service Master handles their jobs.
Great Jon
Director of Emergency Services (Current Employee) –  New Berlin, WIJanuary 16, 2017
Love what I do and the owner of the company. Very fast paced job with a lot of satisfaction of helping people in need due to a fire or water loss. Great company
Great job to meet all kinds of people
Estimator/Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Pittsburg Kansas 66762January 10, 2017
This job took me throughout Southeast Kansas homes that were damaged by water or fire I would estimate the damage help clean up the damage and restore the home back 2 original. I spent approximately 40% of my time in the office and 60% of my time in the field.
Pros
Getting to know the public and customers
Cons
It was physically demanding
cleaning classrooms
Custodian (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNJanuary 9, 2017
part-time cleaning up school building easy work its only four hours at night the pay isnt great and you pay for bg and fingerprint out of your first check
Loved working alone
Janitorial Worker (Former Employee) –  Garland, TXJanuary 8, 2017
Honored just to be hired. The management were very patient with me. The job build confidence in me I never knew I had. I just wish I had a car to be there early. Even though I was never late!
Pros
Loved working alone. Loved cleaning the offices and the warehouse
Cons
No Breaks unless you ask supervisor, I had to train a supervisor once, not very diverse, seemed like the company felt more comfortable with Spanish speaking employees.
Good vision
IT Audit Manager (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNJanuary 5, 2017
- I enjoy working for this company.
- Flexible hours
- Met great people and built good relationships.
- Not much stress
- Not much traveling
- Good vision and bright future
Hard Job
Janitor/Maintenance (Former Employee) –  Bethlehem, PADecember 30, 2016
List of things as a typical work day
Learned different positions
Coworkers were very supportive and helpful
hardest part was to not catch unfire
i enjoyed everyday of my job
Perfect part time!
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Farmersville, TXDecember 28, 2016
Absolutely wonderful coworkers. i personally worked alone and cleaned my own building, which was nice but the staff there wouldn't communicate with me or tell me how i could improve or what i was doing wrong; this wasn't the company i worked for, just the company that we had a contract with.
good place to work
Commercial Cleaner (Current Employee) –  athens tnDecember 28, 2016
I liked the job and the manager, I have experience in office work, data entry, receptionist, customer serviceand I would likje to have a job in that field
i enjoyed working here
Janitor (Former Employee) –  Wall, PADecember 21, 2016
I enjoyed working here it was a laid back company that just wants the job done in a suciffent maner and there willing to train you to the way they want it done
Pros
work by your self and set your own hours
Cons
not knowing when there are gonna be people in the buliding you need to clean
wonderful people to work with
1) Custodian (Former Employee) –  Washington StateDecember 18, 2016
My time was split between school, work, and family. Servicemaster allowed me too schedule cleaning offices and other areas around my school and family. This is a wonderful business to be an employee at.
Paralegal (Former Employee) –  Downers Grove, ILDecember 8, 2016
I loved my time at SVM. People genuinely cared and you felt like a family. Everyone wanted those around them to succeed and grow. Not so for many brands. Closed DG office and offered packages to those who wanted to move with the company.
Pretty standard custodial work
Custodian (Former Employee) –  Olympia, WADecember 8, 2016
Liked working independently, going from job to job in the evenings. Drove my own vehicle, company provided equipment. Took care of banks, hospitals and business offices.
Pros
Work at your own pace
Cons
Bathrooms my least favorite thing to clean
Different core values in the 1980's
Manage housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXDecember 7, 2016
Had a considerable religious value system when I worked for them. Changed drastically in the late 80's with a CEO change. many accounts lost as well as account managers.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at ServiceMaster. Our community is ready to answer.