SERVICEMASTER

SERVICEMASTER Employer Reviews

Great company to work for. Family environment, supportive and compassionate employers.
Part Time Office Assistant (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCJuly 7, 2014
Pros: free lunches, bonuses and great gifts for holidays and birthdays.
Cons: part time
A typical day at work consisted of answering calls utilizing a multiline switchboard, maintaining and updating employee files. Data entry and all other duties as assigned.

I was afforded the opportunity to learn sales during a time when the company lost clients due to the fall of the economy. My hours were cut at this time and the owner offered me – more... the sales position in order to help build business and also keep an income for my family.

Management and co-workers were the great, they exuded compassion and concern making sure that we all got the job done with a team effort.

Hardest part of the job was that it was part time.

The most enjoyable part of the job was that it was low stress and everyone was so helpful. – less
Productive and great place to work.
Customer Service (Current Employee), Tampa, FlJune 19, 2014
Pros: great location
Cons: short breaks
I called customers to fix accounts.
I sold merchandise.
Enjoyed helping people.
Busy Cleaning Services
Cleaning services (Former Employee), Manhattan, KSJune 16, 2014
Vacuuming, Dusting, Windows and Mirrors at each account. Clean Bathrooms, restock on low bathroom products. Empty trash cans and replace bags, take trash to outside receptacle. Clean break rooms. Conduct other duties as assigned.
a family oriented company with its customers at heart
National Accounts Coordinator (Current Employee), Memphis, TNJune 3, 2014
i love working for ServiceMaster. It is the best place to grow and network. It is an excellent example of a company that identifies its future leaders and watches them elevate.
new Contact Center in Glendale; management does not know what they are doing, employees are confused
CSR (Former Employee), GlendaleMay 24, 2014
Pros: nice location for a contact center; close to shopping centers, and outlets
Cons: management seems like they need more training, employees are not properly trained in customer service which results in hanging up on customers
Before i was hired, i was told that i would be hired on as a full-time REGULAR employee. when in training, we all find out that we were full-time TEMPORARY employees who would receive no benefits. On the floor, management is horrible ( not wanting to take escalated phone calls, or giving you incorrect information to give to customers)
I can understand – more... the call center is new and was recently opened , but on a management level, they could have done a lot better. the employees on the floor are all stressed, and it seemed as if no one who was hired really knows what customer service entails. Employees that hang up on customers mid sentence because they are irate, or a customers call being disconnected because that employee doesn't know the answer to her question is NOT customer service at all. I resigned after receiving an opportunity elsewhere, but i will definitely recall my experience here, and will not apply here again in the future. – less
Knowledgable experince
System Engineer (Former Employee), Noida,IndiaMay 21, 2014
Worked in hard code with a tight time-frame of delivery of task.
Learnt more new tools and hands-on was good knoweldgeable experience .Working in retail part in project with good team was great fun .
Franchisee
Business Development Consultant, Southeast Region (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAMay 18, 2014
Pros: big operations
Cons: growth
Operated 78 Stores which include Pizza Hut, Dunkin Donuts and Long John Silver's
Management was the owner and changed daily of what he wanted
Enjoyed Operating and Developing people and units
na
januitor (Former Employee), Saint Charles, MOMay 17, 2014
the jobs put miles on my car
the job pay less and less hour
you have to wait for manager to call to tell me what builds to clean
Pay is pretty decent, great people to work with
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Memphis, TNMay 2, 2014
Pros: pay is decent
Cons: hours get cut, upper management don't know much, not much chance of career advancement
Call volume gets pretty high during the peak season
Supervisors are cool, but some are very sneaky so watch out
Co-workers are pretty cool
not a long term job
Customer Service (Current Employee), memphis tnApril 29, 2014
Pros: discounts
Cons: management
management isn't much help, some supervisors can be really rude & disrespectful. HR can be a complete joke at times. Customers over all are ok who be easier if everyone did there part.
Inbound Call Center
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee), Memphis, TNApril 25, 2014
Pros: great 401k and healthcare
Cons: company was unable to accomodate my school schedule
Answering inbound calls from American Home Shield customers.
Made outbound follow-up calls to ensure customer satisfaction.
Hardest part of the job was leaving after five years of employment in order to complete my degree.
Management had an open door policy and welcomed all questions and concerns from employees.
Co-workers were easy to talk to and willing – more... to help each other. – less
GOOD POSITIVE WORK PLACE
Floor Technician (Former Employee), Pensacola, FLApril 24, 2014
ROUTINE EVERYDAY SAFE WORK ENVIROMENT POSITIVE MANAGEMENT GREAT CO-WORKERS
ServiceMaster Clean
Janitorial (Former Employee), MDApril 23, 2014
Pros: independant working
Cons: no fulltime hours
My experience with ServiceMaster was ok. I cleaned different offices everyday. My joy was rewarding because I was able to bond with all of the tenants. I was responsible for securing the buildings after hours.
friendly boss, explains what you have to do very clearly,treats employees with care and isn,t afraid to smile.
CHICAGO BEARS FOOTBALL Training Camp,,,,ROOM CARE (Former Employee), Boubonnais ILLApril 15, 2014
Pros: very enjoyable job and we would get paid for three hours regardless, usually we were done in 1 and 1/2 hours.
Cons: would of liked to have worked longer than 4-5 weeks but that is all the bears trained
you would organize your linens, and begin going to your rooms to change the beds, if anything was on beds you moved it off but was sure to put it back on, picked up garbage in can and on floor, made sure everything is left neat and cans,ete picked up if empty, you would go on one side of bed your partner on other and work together to change the beds – more... and then check room,we were oin first floor along with another crew as we were the fastest crew so when we got done we did the second floor and even though others did the next two floors we would go up to help so they could get done everyone got along and it was like one big family, our boss and his wiofe worked right along with us if needed, The hardest part of ther job was to really be sure that in the old sheet or pillow cases there was nothing like a ring or something valuable and if they had their own pillows and pillowcases not to get them mixed up with the other linen. The most enjoyable part of my job was gaining so many peoples confidence as everone got to where they would let me have the keys to unlock the doors and know if I went ahead and did up a room as sometimes we were short a girl and I would work alone on my side.I – less
Supervisor (Former Employee), Lakeland, FLApril 11, 2014
Pros: great benefits and pay
Cons: long days
They will train on what needs to be done.They take care of the employee's. They will promote within.
Run
Technician (Former Employee), Harrisburg, PAApril 9, 2014
Pros: co- workers
Cons: too many to list
I worked for a week. 7 days too long. The management finds sadistic enjoyment in belittling and being condescending. Lack of tact. Not fit to run a branch of employees. One of the worst environments with extremely poor morale. You would be better off cleaning pig pens. The pigs would give you more respect. Run . Run far away..
Vast Learning Environment
Authorization Agent (Former Employee), Memphis, TNMarch 11, 2014
Pros: working from home
Cons: one hour lunch
I worked in several areas at Servicemaster. (Sold Trugreen, Merry Maids,Carpet Cleaning, Pest Control,Customer Service AHS, Supervisor line for Authorization Department, Customer Relations and the Authorizations Department)
Great Properties
Project Manager (Current Employee), Concord, CAMarch 10, 2014
Spent a short time, but each person that I worked with at the property seemed to actually care about one another.
Run for the hills!!!
Sales (Former Employee), Plainville, MAMarch 4, 2014
Pros: not much
Cons: low salary, unprofessional staff, low moral & suffocating management
First let me say that all the ServiceMaster locations are individually owned so while some may be horrific to work for, others may be quite pleasant. My choice however was horrific!

If you want to work for two nasty unprofessionals then this is the place! High turnover and anyone with half a brain usually leaves within a year or they foolishly fire – more... them because they are threatened by having employees who may be more professional or qualified then they themselves.

when there is a line of former employees who have nothing nice to say and several have even gone to court for not getting paid....RUN!!!! – less
Enjoyable work environment
Executive Administrative Assistant (Current Employee), Memphis, TNFebruary 27, 2014
Maintain a work life balance and my co-workers have become my life long friends.

1 2 3 4 5

About SERVICEMASTER

ServiceMaster merrily mows, scrubs, sprays, and trims. A giant in its industry, the company serves millions of commercial and – Read more