ServiceMaster Employee Reviews

Good job
Cleaner/Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Christiansburg, VASeptember 20, 2017
I loved the job in itself and it taught me how to manage time sufficiently on my own and loved working alone and the hours. They did however mess my pay up pretty badly and that is the main cause of me quitting the job.
Pros
working alone
Cons
very unorgainized
Don't even apply bad place to work
Janitorial Worker (Former Employee) –  Frederick, MDSeptember 20, 2017
They are lairs and the boss that u work for if u don't say what he wants or let him control u they will fire u the manager is a slow person that doesn't care look for a better place this one is a nite mare the boss wants u to bow to them and do everything they want
Pros
Nothing good
Cons
They think they own u
good for student maybe?
Cleaning Staff Member (Former Employee) –  Manchester, PASeptember 17, 2017
part time hours very low pay for a lot of effort very immature people and bad managemnt independent job but office hours inconveinient if you work evening and you need to call out or need to talk to someont you have to leave a messageon machine
Wouldn't Recommend for long term work
Tote Handler/ Pallet Jack Operater (Current Employee) –  Ruther Glen, VASeptember 9, 2017
This job is better suited for someone to be a temporary source of work as the stress involved will not wear well in the long term.

A typical day's work may be what should be typical as far as processing should go, however most cases are a playing catch up due to lack of workers in key sections of the job causing build ups in another section that pushes back to the next day. You have the opportunity to be trained to use the electric pallet jack which can be helpful to other employees also trained in its use. Management has vastly improved since my start making the job run smoother. The hardest part of the job may be the shifting requirements and standards as what is considered acceptable frequently becomes problematic. What i enjoy most perhaps are my coworkers who typically try to assist each other whenever possible.
Pros
Job Security
Cons
Frequently changing standards, poor benefits
I liked working for ServiceMaster. I was treated fairly and honestly
Business Services Manager (Current Employee) –  Adrian, MISeptember 9, 2017
A typical day would be get in about 7:30. Answer phones, do janitorial bids, oversee the janitorial staff and their schedules.
I learned how to manage staff members and schedule them according to their time and talents. The hardest part of the job was keeping people working. Call offs meant I would sometimes have to work the evening shift and clean. The most enjoyable part was the satifaction of knowing we were doing our job well.
Pros
An hour lunch break.
Cons
Having to do someone's job when they didn't show up.
Excellent family owned business
Bookkeeper (Current Employee) –  Clive, IASeptember 6, 2017
I enjoyed all the years and various positions I worked in at ServiceMaster. I always enjoyed going to work. The management and staff were great to work with.
Servicemaster
Safety Risk Analyst (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNAugust 30, 2017
Great place to work. I worked out of the corporate office, which was the reason I left. I did not like living in the memphis area and felt I was not getting enough experence.
No advancement
Floor crew (Former Employee) –  Linglestown, PAAugust 24, 2017
Do not work here if you want careeer advancement you will get none *not all servicemasters are this bad just some * if you just want a job for the money this is it
Pros
Driving around different locations, not staying in the same place, meeting people
Cons
No paid vacation until being there for OVER a year, horrible management, disrespectful employees, problems, super stressful, not enough pay, work you like a dog, expect more than possible from you
Productive place to work
ServiceMaster Commercial Cleaning (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAAugust 24, 2017
They didn't offer a lot of hours. The pay period was every two weeks. It was a good challenge working for a new company cleaning up a kids preschool.
Semi productive workplace
National Accounts (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNAugust 22, 2017
A typical day at work is attending meetings, and continuing to build my relationship with our clients. The culture is great, but not as productive as I would like. Management can be really good or really bad, I lucked out with a great manager that trusts me and is very flexible. The most enjoyable part of my job is connecting with our clients on growing our business and partnerships.
Pros
Good pay, work life balance.
Cons
Technology, talent and development
Fast paced, stressful and interesting
Supervisor/Technician (Former Employee) –  Green Bay, WIAugust 18, 2017
A typical day would start with getting an new job order. then loading vehicles with proper supplies for job order. I learned a lot in my time with Service Master. I learned how to perform fire and water damage remediation, along with corresponding computer programs and mobile devices designed to help provide measurements, and track equipment to assist in creating estimates for insurance adjusters and clients.
Pros
fast paced, energetic environment
Cons
short breaks, long hours at times, occasional layoffs
Temporary work
Independent Janitorial Services Contractor (Former Employee) –  Wilksboro, NCAugust 17, 2017
ServiceMaster for me was a temporary janitorial job. Great for the time it lasted. No job security however. When considering that all supplies were paid by the contract holder, it was an easy way to work for a while. My job however was rural, and it did not last but for one year.
ServiceMaster is dedicated to helping people who have experienced disasters in their homes.
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Bellingham, WAAugust 17, 2017
I loved working with the staff at ServiceMaster. We were dedicated to helping others, whether they had experienced a fire or flood in their homes. The best part of the job was the team of people I worked with every day. The hardest part of the job was not being able to do more for people who had lost many of their personal possessions.
Workplace
National accounts Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNAugust 16, 2017
A typical work day is filled with emailed requests for the sales team and customers external and internal. Work order requests are processed daily for payment and billing of the provider and customers. The day includes site implementation and sourcing providers for contractual clients. Providers invoices are reviewed for export and payment with in a 15 and 30 day cycle.
Steady Work
Cleaning Specialist (Current Employee) –  Lincoln, NEAugust 14, 2017
Its a great company to work for if you actually show up to do work. The work is pretty easy to do, it can get labor intensive but if you apply at a cleaning company you should expect that.
Decent place to work if you can handle being micro-managed
Business Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Flushing, MIAugust 13, 2017
Employment started out well and there was freedom to concentrate on growing business and necessary job skills until owner turned into a control freak.
Pros
Not stuck in office all day.
Cons
Micro management
Management does not support employees
Senior A/R Specialist (Team Lead) (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNAugust 8, 2017
Management does not support employees only supports supervisor DOES NOT CARE about employess or knows daily process. HR does not support employees, supervisor's and management can take off whenever while employees are given attitude for taken days off.
A fair employer, not fun but not excruciating
Sr. Director Decision Sciences (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNAugust 7, 2017
It was a reasonably good employer with too much volatility in the upper management. With a little stable management and organizational structure, it would make a great workplace.
Pros
Fair, reasonable, respectful
Cons
unstable organizational structure and upper management
Relaxed and Balanced Work Place
Office Manager / Bookkeeper (Former Employee) –  Marietta, GAAugust 2, 2017
My job at ServiceMaster was balanced with my work and time with family. I learned to provide excellent service and professionally mange employees. My goal was to complete a task at hand and the hardest part of my job was disciplining myself to stop and take my breaks. I enjoyed working in a Christian environment and special gatherings with employees.
Pros
Paid Vacation and Holidays
Cons
No Healthcare
I worked there for 13 years and learned many new things
Water Restoration Technician (Former Employee) –  Madill, OKAugust 1, 2017
While I worked there I gained many new skills. I learned how to work on equipment and I learned how to do estimates for insurance work. There were many opportunities to grow and expand my abilities.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at ServiceMaster. Our community is ready to answer.