ServiceMaster Employee Reviews

Just a very extremely competitive market
Franchise Owner (Former Employee) –  Bogart, GANovember 16, 2017
This job is a good opportunity to work independently and to grow your own business if that is your desire. What I learned after I got the business was free lance businesses can under price your bids anytime because they do not have the overhead cost of a franchisee. Then the biggest shock was the lack of corporate support.
Pros
Meeting different people and the freedom it affords you.
Cons
Competitive market.
Great place to work vary fast pace also
Customer Service•Dependable •Hard Work Ethic (Current Employee) –  Hilliard, OHNovember 13, 2017
Just a great place to work and vary flexible with any employees that wants and need a flexible schedule and the management is a assume you could not ask for a better staff to work for .
Pros
Weekends off
Cons
No Benefits to offer
Not sure what to say
Disaster Restoration Estimator (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNNovember 6, 2017
They will work you to the bone. The product (your service) is the only thing worth standing by. The "faith based" motto is as superficial as you can imagine. Values don't mean anything unless its actually part of regular business practices.
Good, not great, job
Quality Assurance Specialist (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNNovember 1, 2017
Due to numerous changes within the last few years, I no longer consider Servicemaster a great company to work for. The pay increases have decreased, and the company is no longer employee-centric,
Workplace culture
Pentaho Senior Developer - Independent Consultant (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILOctober 28, 2017
Very friendly atmosphere. Enjoyable place to work with a good work/life balance. The management treats their employees well with fair pay. Would recommend to others.
Pros
Culture, people, pay
Cons
Relocation to Memphis required
ok company to work for
Systems Engineer (Former Employee) –  Downers Grove, ILOctober 28, 2017
fun place, lots of good friends. Servicemaster I was able to learn a lot and develop my IT skills more. I worked for a great manager and had learned a lot about many different technologies.
Wasted my time, body, and patience.
Water Technician (Former Employee) –  Lincoln City, OROctober 20, 2017
Broke my body for two years working for this company. Doctors notes ignored, worked hard as manager talksd on phone all day, turned out I was his scape goat. Fellow employees lie to get a leg up, too. Very high school drama like. Only raise I got was when I found out a temp made more than me, and the raise didn't even come close to what he was being paid.
Pros
Certification, work phone
Cons
Pay, work, boss, lies
Sad upsetting
Lead floater cleaner (Former Employee) –  Bethlehem, PAOctober 18, 2017
Just absolutely disgusted!!!ran around did everything did 5 to 6 buildings in a night when only suppose to be at one check was always off had to.keep track of every minute .just not happy how things turned out in the end .And the worst is the manager had no clue of what she was doing at all sge was a warehouse worker !!
Pros
If you covered for management you might get paid extra hours
Club North Memphis
Service Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNOctober 18, 2017
It was great pay and a rewarding job but the environment is ghetto and unclean. Very unprofessional employees and they wear pajamas and stripper outfits to work.
Professional Christian Atmosphere
Customer Service Representative / Payroll Clerk (Former Employee) –  Marietta, GAOctober 9, 2017
Answer inbound customer to established accounts.
Address customer concerns quickly.
Performed payroll duties.
Performed clerical work.
Friendly management.
Enjoyed the relaxed Christian environment.
Pros
Christian environment
Cons
No Medical Insurance

Want to know more about ServiceMaster?

Ask a question
Overall I liked the job but it got lonely
floor-maintenence-janitorial (Former Employee) –  Minot, ND and Crosby, NDOctober 9, 2017
On a typical day I would go in at 5pm or 6 and work till midnight or 1 am. Hours depended on what buildings I did. I learned that I could be improvisational and resourceful. Most of the time I worked alone and talked very little with management, I liked what I did. The hardest part of the job was working with old vacuum cleaners and getting them fixed in a timely fashion. The most enjoyable part was
working by myself and being my own boss.
Pros
Not micromanaged, could sometimes go in when I wanted
Cons
no benefits, long hours, and poor equipment, no gas pay
fun
Laborer (Former Employee) –  Bath, PAOctober 9, 2017
Learned a lot about the cleaning business. The hours aren't great, but you have the weekend off for the most part. The Service Master I worked at was family owned.
Small company with good people to work with.
Construction Manager/Estimator (Former Employee) –  Harlingen, TXOctober 3, 2017
I got laid off simply because the reconstruction side was being closed down. The franchise owner simply saw no profit in it and I was told this decision was not my fault.
Pros
Worked with quality people
Cons
No benefits
I love to Clan so this was perfect
Janitorial Worker (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNSeptember 29, 2017
See I chose this job which I know would be the last on some people's mind to even apply for. First off its easy it's something you do everyday. I can't really express how much I love making sure someone is in a clean an safe environment .The cleaner the happier!
Pros
n/a
Cons
n/a
Helped people and businesses in fire, water and cleaning crisises.
Director of Marketing & Education (Current Employee) –  DFW, TXSeptember 29, 2017
This is a job where you helped people recover from various disasters. It was mostly related to insurance work. But, I was also involved with insurance education and training. Over the past 3 1/2 years much of my time was working with those affected with hoarding disorder and frequently speaking on the subject. The majority of these people were seniors.
Pros
Helping people
good place t work
Water Damage Technician (Current Employee) –  Santa Clarita, CASeptember 25, 2017
good place to work , when we are busy there is hardly anytime to do anything else , the company is good with the customer and with doing things right with the employees
Great for a single guy
Production Manager (Former Employee) –  Lima, OHSeptember 24, 2017
I loved this job. The only drawback is my position required me to be on call 24/7. As a young adult this posed a problem with dating and having a family. Now that I'm married and our child is grown and in the Navy it wouldn't bother me one bit because you get paid double time if you get called out (at least 13 years ago you did) not sure if that privilege is still there.
stressful; competitive
Outside Sales Professional (Former Employee) –  San Bernardino, CASeptember 24, 2017
Unfulfilling, stressful, lacking in creativity, no mobility; in short, an old "boys" school essentially antiquated; A poor business model which in my view will not survive
Good job
Cleaner/Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Christiansburg, VASeptember 20, 2017
I loved the job in itself and it taught me how to manage time sufficiently on my own and loved working alone and the hours. They did however mess my pay up pretty badly and that is the main cause of me quitting the job.
Pros
working alone
Cons
very unorgainized
Don't even apply bad place to work
Janitorial Worker (Former Employee) –  Frederick, MDSeptember 20, 2017
They are lairs and the boss that u work for if u don't say what he wants or let him control u they will fire u the manager is a slow person that doesn't care look for a better place this one is a nite mare the boss wants u to bow to them and do everything they want
Pros
Nothing good
Cons
They think they own u

Ask a question about working or interviewing at ServiceMaster. Our community is ready to answer.