ServiceMaster Employee Reviews

housekeeper
Housekeeper (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNDecember 15, 2017
I like it very easy job . more laid back , like see people to go in a clean bathroom or room have it smelling. and the managers are cool and laid back.
I worked evening hours when most employees were gone for the day.
Desktop Publisher (Former Employee) –  Downers Grove, ILDecember 15, 2017
I worked evenings making a variety of documents. I reported to one person, and she left work instructions for me to do every evening. I got the impression that it would have been a very nice place to work at full-time.
I was the owner so, while rewarding, it was very stressful
Owner (Former Employee) –  Parma, OHDecember 13, 2017
I took great pleasure in providing employment opportunities to my staff and in supplying my customers with the service they needed. Juggling staffing issues, quality of service from the staff issues and all the other duties can get pretty hairy sometimes.
Pros
Owning your own business, running it, growing it.
Cons
you are responsible for it ALL!!!
Drama unprofessional weird shady
Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Lynchburg, VADecember 12, 2017
Cleaning workers make fun of each other, pick favorites and generally do not know how to behave professionally. Managers dont let people know know about payment. Workers do not know how to clean and they can't even train them how to because the managers are too busy behaving like they are in high school. Manager claims to own the company yet, has a boss?
Cons
Managers
Poor work environment
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Carol Stream, ILDecember 4, 2017
Difficult to work for the owner of the office I worked at. No regard for his employees which explains the high turnover. He had many "undocumented" with false social security numbers. I had to manage the schedules of the employees and he forced them to work ridiculous lengths/hours. Great deal of dissatisfaction among most all employed there.
being a hard worker
Water Restoration Technician (Former Employee) –  MichiganDecember 3, 2017
Working from sun up to sun down sometimes . Being on call no place to advance much to say.its some hard labor working there no pay time off or nothing like it. Needs some new secretary's
Pros
n/a
Cons
on call
Not a good place to work
Customer Service and Reception (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNNovember 30, 2017
I would not recommend ServiceMaster as a place of employment, due to a constant yearly elimination of positions. Time of service and loyalty are not considerations. The CEO position is like a revolving door policy. Personnel left on a Friday earlier in 2017 with one CEO in the chair, and came back on Monday to find another CEO in the same chair! No communication between Corporate and the rank and file. Benefits are constantly being trimmed and cost of same increasing with each passing year. Raises are as low as 2%...It's a sad situation.
Pros
Some discount perks
Cons
See my review above
knowledgeable and informational
Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  Denver ColoradoNovember 29, 2017
Different customer service style. always learning something new. good company to work for. especially if you know the true meaning of service master.

The Manager was always available and knowledgeable of the business. equipment and supplies were plenty.

shop trucks were always functional and maintained.
Pros
good people
Cons
hours may vary from time to time
Very productive, and enjoyable
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Huntington, WVNovember 26, 2017
Management very easy to talk to, responding to problems in a timely manner. Was on top of safety meetings with dangerous environments or issues that had been seen or reported.
Pros
Management easy to deal with.
Cons
Na
Good teamwork ethics
Laborer (Former Employee) –  Southfield, MINovember 25, 2017
And typical day at work would be medium to fast pace lifting and cleaning.
I learned how to follow itenerare and teamwork and also how to maintain a clean work environment I also learned that I have to adjust to work as it may vary from different ranges regarding the task.

The management was very strict and very firm.

Workplace culture had a very good energy and motivating team of members that inspire each other to get the job done.

The hardest part of the job in my opinion is working in the cold if you're not properly dressed.

The most enjoyable part of the job was completing hard task making the company and my fellow crew members stand out for the inseparable jobs that we accomplished during the duration of time I was with the company
Pros
Overtime
Cons
Short breaks
Lack of consistency
Supply Management Category Manager (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNNovember 22, 2017
leaders, visions and strategies are constantly changing, 6 months in to a goal it is changed again and you are back at square one. it's hard to be successful when the measure of success is constantly changing,
Just a very extremely competitive market
Franchise Owner (Former Employee) –  Bogart, GANovember 16, 2017
This job is a good opportunity to work independently and to grow your own business if that is your desire. What I learned after I got the business was free lance businesses can under price your bids anytime because they do not have the overhead cost of a franchisee. Then the biggest shock was the lack of corporate support.
Pros
Meeting different people and the freedom it affords you.
Cons
Competitive market.
Great place to work vary fast pace also
Customer Service•Dependable •Hard Work Ethic (Current Employee) –  Hilliard, OHNovember 13, 2017
Just a great place to work and vary flexible with any employees that wants and need a flexible schedule and the management is a assume you could not ask for a better staff to work for .
Pros
Weekends off
Cons
No Benefits to offer
Not sure what to say
Disaster Restoration Estimator (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNNovember 6, 2017
They will work you to the bone. The product (your service) is the only thing worth standing by. The "faith based" motto is as superficial as you can imagine. Values don't mean anything unless its actually part of regular business practices.
Good, not great, job
Quality Assurance Specialist (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNNovember 1, 2017
Due to numerous changes within the last few years, I no longer consider Servicemaster a great company to work for. The pay increases have decreased, and the company is no longer employee-centric,
Workplace culture
Pentaho Senior Developer - Independent Consultant (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILOctober 28, 2017
Very friendly atmosphere. Enjoyable place to work with a good work/life balance. The management treats their employees well with fair pay. Would recommend to others.
Pros
Culture, people, pay
Cons
Relocation to Memphis required
ok company to work for
Systems Engineer (Former Employee) –  Downers Grove, ILOctober 28, 2017
fun place, lots of good friends. Servicemaster I was able to learn a lot and develop my IT skills more. I worked for a great manager and had learned a lot about many different technologies.
Wasted my time, body, and patience.
Water Technician (Former Employee) –  Lincoln City, OROctober 20, 2017
Broke my body for two years working for this company. Doctors notes ignored, worked hard as manager talksd on phone all day, turned out I was his scape goat. Fellow employees lie to get a leg up, too. Very high school drama like. Only raise I got was when I found out a temp made more than me, and the raise didn't even come close to what he was being paid.
Pros
Certification, work phone
Cons
Pay, work, boss, lies
Sad upsetting
Lead floater cleaner (Former Employee) –  Bethlehem, PAOctober 18, 2017
Just absolutely disgusted!!!ran around did everything did 5 to 6 buildings in a night when only suppose to be at one check was always off had to.keep track of every minute .just not happy how things turned out in the end .And the worst is the manager had no clue of what she was doing at all sge was a warehouse worker !!
Pros
If you covered for management you might get paid extra hours
Club North Memphis
Service Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNOctober 18, 2017
It was great pay and a rewarding job but the environment is ghetto and unclean. Very unprofessional employees and they wear pajamas and stripper outfits to work.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at ServiceMaster. Our community is ready to answer.