ServiceMaster Employee Reviews in United States

How is my days in work?
Janitorial Worker (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAAugust 28, 2016
I work between 6-10 pm on Mondays-Fridays.
I don't have to work on weekends.
The most enjoyable part of the job are taking out trash, vacuuming, and mopping floors.
The hardest part of the job is working within a time limit.
Get it in writing
Cleaner (Former Employee) –  York, PAAugust 24, 2016
If you are applying for a cleaning position and they tell you there is no heavy lifting make sure you get it in writing. A few of us were told this just to find out after hiring that we had to lift heavy teachers desks and FILLED filing cabinets. This has the potential to injure workers and start a WC claim. There is no problem lifting 50 lbs but they do not tell you it is continuous. Also was told they had men to do the heavier stuff but they were no where to be found when needed but did show up to look good when the customer dropped by.

Management should be honest and ethical or they will always be hiring.
Pros
Worked with some nice people that deserve better
Cons
Noone can lift over 50 lbs constantly for too long without injury
Enjoyed the people
Janitor (Former Employee) –  Saint Cloud, MNAugust 15, 2016
Enjoyed the people i worked with. Was able to do work with pretty much with no management check in. Maybe once a month. Enjoyed very much. To bad they lost the contract for that building.
very good
team leader (Former Employee) –  Carrollton, TXAugust 5, 2016
it was not a very good fit for me because of the travel, it spent most of my pay for gas going to and from the job sites and that was really upsetting for me and sometimes driving other workers back home and not getting paid for that
Pros
good ownership
Cons
pay was not what i expected
productive and established employer
Carpet Technician (Former Employee) –  Pitcairn, PAJuly 19, 2016
The most enjoyable part of the job was the team members and other co-workers. Typical day at work consisted of performing carpet clean duties for commercial and residential customers.
Pros
Buy lunch for employees on Thursdays
Cons
Too much downtime
Productive Fun Work Place
HR Generalist/Analyst (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNJuly 11, 2016
I worked for this company for 19 years. It is a great company and is family based even considering how large it is. I have recommended people to this company as a customer and employee.
Not structured and always concerned if payroll was going to be met
Disaster Restoration Manager (Former Employee) –  Akron, OHJuly 7, 2016
ServiceMaster had no structure or work flow. I was brought in to help build structure and work flow and within 2 years 3 managers and one owner resigned. As I was trying to move forward in the structure and work flow I was very limited as what I was able to do as money to better the company was always a problem. The techs did not have properly working tools or safety equipment.
a lot of work with not enough employees
Finisher (Current Employee) –  Hampstead, NC 28443June 28, 2016
The Management needs more organization. Seems like all Jobs are not organized. Company needs more employees to help with jobs
Pretty decent company
Janitorial Worker (Former Employee) –  Spokane, WAJune 27, 2016
The company and employees are all pretty nice. Everyone is willing to step up and help out if its needed. Yes janitorial is hard work but it's worth it and in all honesty is pretty fun.
Amount of work depends on amount of damaged homes
Restoration Specialist (Former Employee) –  Kennewick, WAJune 27, 2016
The most enjoyable part of the job was when there was an abundance of work to be done. If there were no house fires or water damaged homes then there was no work. I can't really blame the company for lack of work to be done when there are no house fires.
Regional Operations Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Paragould, ARJune 16, 2016
Worked with a great group of people. Clients were satisfied with work. Employees loved the employee appreciation day that was instituted while I was there. Busy from the start until the finish. Short-staffed constantly.
Pros
company car
Cons
short staffed, no incentives given to employees to remain
independence, pretty good pay, active.
Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Lewiston, MEJune 1, 2016
I enjoyed cleaning the office buildings I had independence and was in charge of myself which was nice. The pay was good for just cleaning a lot better than a minimum wage paying job. Their was no benefits though; nor much advancement in cleaning. The management was good, they were plesent people, I rarely saw them because they had an office and multiple buildings and I was pretty much in charge of myself. The hardest part of this job was the really dirty bathrooms I had to clean everyday, other than that it was a pretty good job.
Pros
good pay, Independence, good managment
Cons
no benifits, no advancement
Great 1st job
Human Resources Assistant (Former Employee) –  Kalamazoo, MIMay 11, 2016
All around good 1st job. starting pay is good. They managers gives you ample building if you want to work more hours. good company to work for.
OK company
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Knoxville, TNMay 10, 2016
Kind of boring and not a whole lot of culture or unity with co-workers. No one would participate in out of the office events. Management always seemed very stressed out when a new job would come in and that was frustrating.

The branch eventually closed due to low volume and revenue.
Pros
Can't really think of any
Cons
Not terrible but not good either
Work Study
Office cleaning (Current Employee) –  Easton, PAMay 8, 2016
Good job to work while still attending college. Staff is very consistent and helpful. Co-workers are friendly and nice
Very Structured
LEAD ESTIMATOR (Former Employee) –  Stallings, NCMay 5, 2016
A typical day at work was very fast paced.

What I learned at ServiceMaster was time management.

Management was very structured.

All my co-workers were great to work with.

Hardest part of the job was being patient with insurance companies and homeowners.

The most enjoyable part of this job was helping out homeowners in their time of need.
Service driven work place
RMIS Analyst (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNMay 3, 2016
The best and most enjoyable part of the job is the team/individuals I work with. The company is in a transition stage to better itself.
Good Job to have
Lead custordial (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNMay 1, 2016
Service Master is a good place to work as a lead person your job is to make sure the staff area is clean and sanitize before teachers and children arrive make sure grounds are litter free .
Fun And Interesting
Crew Chief (Former Employee) –  Northfield, MNApril 27, 2016
I learned a lot in this career. Most of my skills came from this position. Here I learned how to deal with people in distress and learned to be compassionate while really wanting to help and do what was in their best interest. I learned discipline for those who depended on me here. I worked a lot of hours but i have to admit it felt good playing the super hero here solving other peoples water issues.
Small warehouse
Picker, Shipper, Loader (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNApril 13, 2016
Small warehouse with more work than workers. Able to work alone with minimum supervision. Hour lunch and plenty of overtime.