ServiceMaster Employee Reviews

Terminix
Territory Manager Sales Representative N. Va (Former Employee) –  Landover, MDJanuary 20, 2018
It was a great place to work if you could handle working with the rats, bed bugs, insects, and other rodents. Great co-workers, and working atmosphere.
Average
Janitorial Worker (Former Employee) –  Adrian, MIJanuary 17, 2018
With the high turnover environment of janitorial work, if you stay you will not be fired. The only downside is that you cannot bargain for your hours and must be open to work anytime on any day.
Pros
Lots of hours
Cons
No time choices
Great for college students
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNJanuary 10, 2018
There is no job security but that is typical for a call center. The best part is the sales blitzes. The worst part is the pay. Call center environment was a tad bit stressful
Pros
Sales incentives
Cons
No growth opportunities
Multiple companies
Director Business Operations (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNJanuary 9, 2018
The company is comprised of several company/brands. Focus can be too heavy on one brand hindering growth and opportunity in other brands. Publicly traded company with leaders who focus on thier individual success not that of those who serve and are deadicated to the company and its customers.

Good company to use as stepping stone to something better
terrible manager
Team leader (Former Employee) –  Stanwood, MIJanuary 9, 2018
When I worked for servicemaster, they had a manager who played favorites. If she didn't like an employee, they would consistently get poor reviews and be passed over for better assignments, no matter how good of a worker the person was.
Productive and fun place to work
Customer Service Lite (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJanuary 8, 2018
A typical day at work with Service Master Terminix was primarily on the phones assisting customers with their accounts; updating account information, receiving payments and general account information reviewed with customers. During this temp assignment I learned much about the pest control business that I was not aware of prior to this position. The workplace culture was relaxed, fun and I enjoyed my coworkers. The hardest part of the job was sometimes meeting the quotas; the most enjoyable part of the job was the encouragement from management to do your best and their appreciation for your hard work shown with various tokens!
Pros
incentives for job well done
Cons
trying to take breaks in accordance with the phone system
Great guys in Utah County
Handyman sub (Former Employee) –  Orem, UtahJanuary 8, 2018
I was a sub handyman and greatly enjoyed working with the management. Maybe as an employee it wouldn't have been as drama free.They had a lot of work, dealt great with the supplements and changes, and seemed to always pay within a reasonable time.
Pros
Good pay, solid people
Cons
Like any other job
Not a career position
Field Representative (Current Employee) –  Escondido, CAJanuary 4, 2018
Upper management doesn't treat their frontline employees with respect or fairly. It doesn't matter how good your are or how hard you work. They will take losses and cancellations out of employees pay even if that cancellation was never their customer.
Pros
work outside
Cons
terrible healthcare, no respect and unfair pay
Stressfull Working Environment
Sales & Marketing Manager (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCJanuary 3, 2018
Unethical Business Practices. However, Service Master is a franchise based company there are many owners across the US. Each franchise is different. I have met other franchisers and corporate employees that were very professional.
Nice job
General Cleaner (Current Employee) –  Houston tx DowntownDecember 31, 2017
Owner worked with me to figure out a position that would work for me. Never had that before. Planning on getting a career with this company. This is just a stepping stone for now.
Pros
Work around schedule
Cons
Pay
It's a cleaning job
Cleaner/Janitor (Former Employee) –  Moscow, IDDecember 24, 2017
It was cleaning and all the standard typical cleaning details apply for that aspect of it. Minimum wage pay so the company can make on average $100/hr or more for every time you clean a place. You'll never get a raise either. When I started the management was great. By the time I quit it had degraded into such a poor and mismanaged and terrible place to work that all the good cleaners and supervisors that had been there for years, like me, quit. This was in part due to the great management retiring due to old age and the new management being lazy and incompetent. I hope it's improved in the last 5 years but I know the pay and working conditions/lack of benefits haven't improved. It's not a career, its a job.
Pros
Flexible Hours
Cons
minimum wage, no benefits, no mileage reimbursement, poor management
housekeeper
Housekeeper (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNDecember 15, 2017
I like it very easy job . more laid back , like see people to go in a clean bathroom or room have it smelling. and the managers are cool and laid back.
I worked evening hours when most employees were gone for the day.
Desktop Publisher (Former Employee) –  Downers Grove, ILDecember 15, 2017
I worked evenings making a variety of documents. I reported to one person, and she left work instructions for me to do every evening. I got the impression that it would have been a very nice place to work at full-time.
I was the owner so, while rewarding, it was very stressful
Owner (Former Employee) –  Parma, OHDecember 13, 2017
I took great pleasure in providing employment opportunities to my staff and in supplying my customers with the service they needed. Juggling staffing issues, quality of service from the staff issues and all the other duties can get pretty hairy sometimes.
Pros
Owning your own business, running it, growing it.
Cons
you are responsible for it ALL!!!
Drama unprofessional weird shady
Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Lynchburg, VADecember 12, 2017
Cleaning workers make fun of each other, pick favorites and generally do not know how to behave professionally. Managers dont let people know know about payment. Workers do not know how to clean and they can't even train them how to because the managers are too busy behaving like they are in high school. Manager claims to own the company yet, has a boss?
Cons
Managers
Poor work environment
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Carol Stream, ILDecember 4, 2017
Difficult to work for the owner of the office I worked at. No regard for his employees which explains the high turnover. He had many "undocumented" with false social security numbers. I had to manage the schedules of the employees and he forced them to work ridiculous lengths/hours. Great deal of dissatisfaction among most all employed there.
being a hard worker
Water Restoration Technician (Former Employee) –  MichiganDecember 3, 2017
Working from sun up to sun down sometimes . Being on call no place to advance much to say.its some hard labor working there no pay time off or nothing like it. Needs some new secretary's
Pros
n/a
Cons
on call
Not a good place to work
Customer Service and Reception (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNNovember 30, 2017
I would not recommend ServiceMaster as a place of employment, due to a constant yearly elimination of positions. Time of service and loyalty are not considerations. The CEO position is like a revolving door policy. Personnel left on a Friday earlier in 2017 with one CEO in the chair, and came back on Monday to find another CEO in the same chair! No communication between Corporate and the rank and file. Benefits are constantly being trimmed and cost of same increasing with each passing year. Raises are as low as 2%...It's a sad situation.
Pros
Some discount perks
Cons
See my review above
knowledgeable and informational
Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  Denver ColoradoNovember 29, 2017
Different customer service style. always learning something new. good company to work for. especially if you know the true meaning of service master.

The Manager was always available and knowledgeable of the business. equipment and supplies were plenty.

shop trucks were always functional and maintained.
Pros
good people
Cons
hours may vary from time to time
Very productive, and enjoyable
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Huntington, WVNovember 26, 2017
Management very easy to talk to, responding to problems in a timely manner. Was on top of safety meetings with dangerous environments or issues that had been seen or reported.
Pros
Management easy to deal with.
Cons
Na

Ask a question about working or interviewing at ServiceMaster. Our community is ready to answer.