ServiceMaster Employee Reviews in United States

Great workplace, with very fair bosses
Water Technician (Current Employee) –  Hiawassee, GAMarch 15, 2016
I loved working here, even though sometimes there was confusion on job sites. Benefits weren't the best but they were better than none at all.
Pros
1 hour lunches
Servicemaster
Customer Service Representative/Call Center (Former Employee) –  Memphis TennesseeMarch 8, 2016
I have made purchases through them in the past I have dealt with them when I was working with somebody.From the time that initially made the call until the time of the sale and it was over whether it was delivered or I pick it up they were very professional I think working for this company Would be an asset for me and for anybody who got on
Independent and Quiet
Custodian (Current Employee) –  Chesapeake, VAMarch 4, 2016
Working is very peaceful
The management is very polite and checks up on us
There's no on co-workers working me
There's nothing hard about doing this job
Worst plave I've ever worked!
Cleaning Technician (Former Employee) –  Hood River, ORMarch 3, 2016
The management and supervisor was completely unhelpful. The supervisors main job was to keep the closet stocked and it was never stocked. I had to call constantly to ask for supplies that should be there. I had 4 supervisors come and go during the year and few months I worked there. During the last few months I worked there we got a new supervisor and things started going missing like the rags and cleaners. I would stock my closet and he would go in and take my rags I had for the week. Also I worked there over a year, I even got employee of the month and never received a raise. The staff in the clinic appreciated my hard work more than the company. The Supervisor and rover we had before I quit would smoke marijuana together and they would come in and leave my buildings and hallways reeking of marijuana. very unprofessional work place.
Pros
worked by myself in my own buildings.
Cons
no raise, no benefirts, poor management and supervisor
Laid back place to work
Contents Project Administrator (Former Employee) –  South Bend, INMarch 2, 2016
I would still be working there if my position had not been eliminated. Overall, the job was easy & I enjoyed it very much. I would go back if they decided to open the position back up.
Pros
very laid back
Cons
the owner did not make me feel welcomed on a day to day basis if he was there
Uneventful Manual Labour
Custodial Worker (Current Employee) –  Beaverton, ORFebruary 29, 2016
I clean a single one-story office building. There are two kitchens, two copy rooms, four bathrooms, and lots of cubicles, a few offices. I wipe counters, dust, mop, and vacuum. I collect trash and recycling for disposal. All general, easy cleaning. Seriously, though, $9.25 per hour is not enough to pay someone to clean toilets. It is just a little bit degrading.

I really did not like being told at the beginning that I would be working full time then having my shift cut to seven hours a day so I could not gain benefits. I am doing eight hours of work in seven hours. I feel cheated.

The work is not that hard, but there is simply too much to do each day in the time I have been given. I work mostly alone, after hours, so there is no workplace drama. I like the peace and quiet. I have not had any problems with my co-workers. Management is slow getting me the supplies I need, I have to hound my supervisor sometimes when I need towels and gloves.

What have I learned? I have learned being a janitor sucks, but not as much as being unemployed and broke...
Pros
No real stress or drama.
Cons
No real benefits from working 35 hours a week.
Excellent Management team
Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Syracuse, NY 13211February 17, 2016
Probably the best company I have ever worked for. Competitive salary, advancement opportunities, great benefits andsome of the best people I have had the pleasure to work with.
Pros
Excellent Employment opportunities
Cons
No locations close enough for me
Very good advancement opportunities
Regional Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMFebruary 15, 2016
Very good company to work for, I started as a telemarketer and became the Regional Sales Manger within five years. I had the chance to mentor countless individuals that also have advanced with the company. The company was then sold and the senior management that was brought in was very inexperienced in the industry.
Pros
Travel and Compensation
Cons
Very hard work life balance
Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXFebruary 14, 2016
Love what I do and my job. Love to help people. I put in long hours. I operate the business and enjoy most of the people I work with.
Pros
company car
Cons
no benefits
Good people work enviroment
Receptionist/Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Saint Cloud, MNFebruary 14, 2016
I have learned much more about accounting, Quick Books, and various computer programs.
hardest part of the job is to please everyone!!
I love most of the people I work with
relaxed enviroment
Pros
relaxed work enviroment
Cons
benefits not great, no raises
ServiceMaster Restoration
Certified Water Damage and Drying Technician (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MOFebruary 7, 2016
In the beginning I enjoyed traveling to different areas of the country to assist in disaster relief. It became too physically demanding and living out of a suitcase for 6 months or more at a time became unrewarding.
we need more money and more peope
custodian (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNJanuary 23, 2016
When i get to work , I NEED everything to work to clean the school building with, We need three people per night work per school..EACH PERSON Need their own supply. The manager are good attitude

I would like more money,$10;00 per hour' I do plenty of Work, I have 3 year experience. Good people
Pros
We working together
Cons
need more money and more people.com
Travel/work assignment came in very late
Power Plant Operator (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJanuary 15, 2016
Meet with trainer.
Schedule the week.
Management non existent.
Co-worker was very helpful.
Hardest part is travel to jobs living from hotel to hotel, state to state.
Learning new building Systems.
Pros
Paid meals.
Cons
To much travel.
Great for someone looking for a 2nd job
Janitorial Worker (Former Employee) –  Muscatine, IAJanuary 11, 2016
I liked working for service master every one was nice and supervisor was flexible with start time.I liked the accounts they gave me but they didn't increase my hours as fast as I had needed.
Pros
Nice accounts
Cons
Not enough hrs
Excellent company to work for!
Human Resources Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNDecember 30, 2015
From management to front line employees. ServiceMaster is the best company to invest your time and hard work into due to career advancement and learning opportunities.
Always chalenging with a great group of co-workers
Fire Tech Project Manager/Office (Current Employee) –  Colorado Springs, CODecember 29, 2015
Has taught me to have a extreme attention to detail and excellent customer service with customers under stressful circumstances, in relation to fires, mold damage and floods. I clean their home and get it back to pre-loss condition.
Director of Clinical Services (Former Employee) –  Carlsbad, NMDecember 28, 2015
Great job to get your feet set in managing a P&L along with managing personnel. Hardest part of the job was getting support.
Pros
Good Managing Start
Cons
Lack of Support
Very diverse work enviroment
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNDecember 6, 2015
being an employee for service master was a very unique experience and knowledge i have gained from the position it will definitely take me to a level of new heights.
nice place to work as a part timer
Champaign, Illinois Janitor (Former Employee) –  Champaign, ILDecember 1, 2015
general cleaning of offices banks and warehouses work can be hard some times when the help is short. I enjoy finishing a job always
I don't like the pay rate
Merry Maid (Current Employee) –  Naperville, ILNovember 16, 2015
Making eight dollars an hour is not enough for me to pay my bills.sometimes when I need help in certain houses I clean I don't get it.
Pros
No free Lunches
Cons
Don't get a lunch break