ServiceMaster Employee Reviews

This is a franchise
IT Manager (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLMay 12, 2017
Please do not let my review of the company turn you off if this is you desired occupation. ServiceMaster is a franchised carpet cleaning and disaster remediation company. The particular ownership of the one I worked at was not good. That does not however reflect on the entire company.
A lot Of work less pay
Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, GAMay 8, 2017
Worked for the company 4 months. It started off as a good job then. When the falcon camp was over I was sent to another building. Had me working alone and putting a lot Of milages on my car. So I asked to drop company car and i was told no so I had pig in my 2 weeks notice because it was too much work and less money
Pros
N/a
Cons
N/a
I would not work here again
Eau Claire area supervisor (Former Employee) –  Eau Claire, WIMay 3, 2017
I did not enjoy working for this company. The upper management was hard to work with. I enjoyed every other aspect of the job but would not choose this as a career choice.
Family orient place to work
Floater (Former Employee) –  Houma, LAMay 3, 2017
The job was janitorial work, was called when needed. Very reasonable with appointments. Great staff. Very welcoming to customers and their satisfaction.
Not recommended
Housekeeping (Current Employee) –  ArkansasApril 25, 2017
Paragould servicemaster needs new office personel. One lady from the office is either outside all the time smoking cigarettes and on her phone! The other one is full of drama and gossip. The owner just let's them do whatever, he must not care about business! I wouldn't recommend this company for anything because not only do you deal with unruly office personel but the majority of the cleaners dont do a good job .
Cons
Drama, gossip
Great culture but not much else
Leadership Development Program (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNApril 25, 2017
ServiceMaster's best thing for them is their culture. Very relaxed and everyone's friendly while being responsible for deadlines. Other than that, it's not a great way to move up in the company as there is not many career advancements. They definitely low ball as much as they can on compensation, and the other health benefits are not that great compared to any other company. Overall if you literally have no where else to go and just need a year or two of experience, then this is it then move out.
Pros
Relaxed, Great Job culture
Cons
No advancement, low pay
Angry Customers, Stressed Staff, Ineffective Management
Bilingual Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNApril 19, 2017
A call center at the bottom of the barrel. The pay was low. Full time employees on the phones did not make enough to afford benefits offered. Flippant managerial style. The work environment was negative. There is a HIGH turnover rate.
Pros
N/a
Cons
pay, negative staff and management
Customer Account Specialist (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNApril 18, 2017
A typical day at work--Reviewing the franchise uploaded information.

What you learned? My job is a daily learning experience due to constant changes.

Your coworkers. My coworkers are great. We are all team players.

The hardest part of the job. When the communication is not on time with information.

The most enjoyable part of the job. Make sure that all inforamtion is correct and accurate
good place to work
Training Manager (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNApril 16, 2017
Good place to work, expanding and growing company. Great people and staff. benefits and pay are good for the area. Very involved in community events and support.
Small business issues
ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Sioux Falls, SDApril 15, 2017
Issues don't get resolved and it's obvious there are favored employees. They are willing to work around with personal lives though. They want to grow the business but there are a lot of issues that need to be worked out first.
Amazing company to work for
Sr. Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNApril 13, 2017
ServiceMaster is an amazing company to work for. Since the first day that I started working for this company I have enjoyed every moment within this company. This company has given me a career.
very small franchise
Sales Representitive (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, ALApril 4, 2017
Typical work day for a sales rep is going from insurance agent to insurance agent. Learned a lot about building relationships. Not the best work culture.
On-call only apply
Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Bonner Springs,ksApril 4, 2017
It's difficult working this type of job because of the amount of time that you have to spend on call and be away from your family. Other than that the work is enjoyable and pay is ok.
Sales Associate
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOApril 1, 2017
Working with motivated employees and contributing to a team effort, while constantly improving workplace efficiency and team skills building. Overall, great place to work.
Pros
Great co-workers and great pay
Cons
Sometimes long hours.
Fun place to work.
Disaster Restoration Technician (Former Employee) –  Saint Louis Park, MNMarch 29, 2017
ServiceMaster was a fun place to work. The people are very friendly and make the place more of a hangout than a job. Unfortunately there isn't much room for advancement if you're not connected.
Pros
People
Cons
glass ceiliing
Great Company
Compliance Manager (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNMarch 28, 2017
Great company for which to work. Provides good work life balance. Has a highly diverse workforce. Offers excellent programs for employees. Actively works with the community participating in volunteer activities and events.
Does not value good employees
Pest control Technician/Route Manager (Current Employee) –  Landover, MDMarch 27, 2017
Horrible work environment, low morale, low accountability, constantly requires employees to spend own money on safety equipment, rarely has materials needed to complete job properly
Great part time work.
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCMarch 26, 2017
Great PT work if your willing to drive you can do multiple buildings hence the ability to make more money, managers very flexible with time. very laid back job as long as you accomplish your tasks.
Professional and understanding business
Contract Cleaner (Current Employee) –  Ferrysburg, MIMarch 21, 2017
A typical day at work was not extremely stressful and was very organized. I was able to work this job around other employment, which made it very beneficial for myself.
Good Company
Office Manager (Current Employee) –  Grenada, MSMarch 20, 2017
ServiceMaster is a great company to work for. The company is Christian owned and Christian based. There are good Christian morals and work ethics in practice. All members of management as well as office staff and owner are all great to work with.
Pros
Good people to work for.
Cons
Part Time employees are not eligible for benefits

Ask a question about working or interviewing at ServiceMaster. Our community is ready to answer.