ServiceMaster Employee Reviews

Fun
Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Madison, WIDecember 5, 2016
I like the work place co workers were great nice place to work at you know we all got to together we did our work everyone was hard working so it was a nice place to work and I give it over at 9 not at 10
ServiceMaster
Director of Business Intelligence (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNDecember 3, 2016
ServiceMaster is a large company with many employees.

A typical day can vary greatly depending on what business unit and department you work in.

ServiceMaster makes a good effort to invest in new employees and develop them.

Management turnovers are frequent and priorities change often. But this is typical in large companies.

The happiest employees are those tied closely with business unit objectives where they tend to have a family-like atmosphere.
Over worked and under paid
Cleaner (Current Employee) –  Baton rouge louisianaDecember 1, 2016
I started working for service master in September. I started with one building which was great but then I accepted to clean another building I was told was just like the first..RIght. I have never cleaned daycare's before but this second building is horrendous. They never had a professional company to clean. It's not worth the time or pay the more I clean the more that needs to be cleaned. My supervisor says we are paid by the hour but basically we are paid by the day and they have set up some sort of estimate that determines how many hours it Should take to clean your building. It all sounds illegal. Never have I worked for someone who estimates how long it should take you to do a job and then pay you that amount. No matter how many hours it took you to work you get paid that standard pay. Won't be here for long. Sister and friend has currently quit and I will soon be gone. Not a good company at all.
Pros
None never was offered anything
Cons
Set pay rate even though they tell you they pay by the hour
Great teamwork and management culture...
Service Manager (Current Employee) –  Santa Fe Springs, CANovember 6, 2016
The expectations on management as well as the front line employees is past the point of unrealistic. With so many mundane things to do, the focus becomes 100% reactive which leaves ZERO time for fixing what is broken that causes of the issues in the first place.

If the focus was truly on customer service as opposed to giving everyone the workload of 3 people, the company would be much more efficient, more profitable (retaining customers and referrals from happy customers) and the team members would be much less stressed on a daily basis.
Pros
Great Culture within the office...great management team.
Cons
Work Load, Unrealistic Expectations, Reactive vs. Proactive, Doing the same thing over and over again expecting different results = INSANITY!!!, Managers pay is ridiculously low for all of the workload and bs administrational duties, IF you bonus it would be acceptable if you do not bonus you are 99% not going to be sticking around.
this is getting old
CREW CHIEF (Former Employee) –  Bellefonte, PANovember 5, 2016
no one blast dog cat couch t.v. football random objects squirt bottles hair face bagel coffee hot cold rain snow temperature winter summer spring fall leave trees koala bears pokemon go rattle snakes babies eat gummy rabbits in heat
Great place to work!!
Call Center Manager (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNOctober 30, 2016
I worked for ServiceMaster - Terminix for 11 years, and it was the best years of my life! If you enjoy being challenged everyday and working in a fun culture, this is the place for you!
fun workplace
CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNOctober 24, 2016
it was good experience learning new things at work helping out when needed, Working in teams makes the job easier and fun.
learning things that I never thought I could do
Pros
good staff
Cons
short breaks
Hated it
IT Business Analyst II, IT Security and Compliance (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNOctober 11, 2016
Had 5 managers in the year and a half I worked there. Poor management, negative work environment. Not a good place to work.
the place i work the people are nice cool to work around they let me know i do a good job and they appreciate my work at the job i work at the irs,
Janitor (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, ALSeptember 20, 2016
the place i work the people are nice cool to work around they let me know i do a good job and they appreciate my work at the job i work at the irs and the red cross. Always do your best at your job and poeple will appreciate your work.
good pay, independence
Lead Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Zionsville, INSeptember 20, 2016
This job paid really well, and allowed a good amount of freedom and independence. The franchise owner had a difficult time keeping a steady workload and did not know how to properly budget time.
Pros
good pay, independence
Cons
management was unable to sustain steady work
Fun Workplace with many different learning opportunities
Promotions Intern (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNSeptember 19, 2016
The Memphis Open Presented by ServiceMaster was a great experience for me. The internship was unpaid and about 3 months long. We the first two and a half months were mostly promotional events or handing out flyers and such to promote the tournament. Tournament week I had responsibilities that were very broad, anywhere from operations to ticket sales. The hardest part of the job was just the hours of the tournament week. I logged about 70 hours that week.
Pros
Fun up beat work environment
Cons
It was an unpaid internship
Not a company for long term growth opportunities.
Recruiter Specialist (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNSeptember 12, 2016
This company is behavior based company and if you do not fit within their 12 models then you are out. Relegates of performance this is how they are weeding out top talent.
Pros
Great Community outreach
Cons
lack of vision from senior managers for growth beyond Service master culture, little to no diveristy inclusion support from senior manager
Highly Enjoyed my employment there was just unable to do on call schedual any longer
Water Mold Tech (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VASeptember 11, 2016
Absolutely loved the family atmosphere of this job must be dependable, available and honest. Great Company to work for just no longer fit my family schedule
General work environment
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNSeptember 9, 2016
Everyone is really nice and it is a very upbeat, positive environment.
the pay is good and the training is extensive.
its a great place to learn and improve.
Pros
pay
Cons
vacation/time off
Was a great experience to work in the restoration field however hard to move up and learn new skills
accts receivable (Former Employee) –  Fortson, GASeptember 7, 2016
Over all my experience with my fellow coworkers and management team was great. This company had all the incentives such as insurance benefits. Its not a company one can move up in rank with the pay grade expected.
Pros
Healthcare, great atmosphere and Christmas parties were awesome
Cons
No retirement plan
Great opportunity
President of Greenville Operations (Current Employee) –  Greenville, SCSeptember 7, 2016
This was a franchise. I enjoyed making the most of each opportunity. I was able to hire and fire who I saw fit. People that will work and do a good job are hard to come by.
Finding people takes a larger portion of my energy than I wished it did.
Pros
Company paid lunches, golf outings, great support with corporate
Cons
long hours, buck stops with you.
Price analzying and event planning.
Sourcing Analyst II (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNSeptember 6, 2016
A typical day consisted of analyzing pricing from vendors and completing RFP's for event planning team. I became experienced with Cvent tool used in event planning.
How is my days in work?
Janitorial Worker (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAAugust 28, 2016
I work between 6-10 pm on Mondays-Fridays.
I don't have to work on weekends.
The most enjoyable part of the job are taking out trash, vacuuming, and mopping floors.
The hardest part of the job is working within a time limit.
Get it in writing
Cleaner (Former Employee) –  York, PAAugust 24, 2016
If you are applying for a cleaning position and they tell you there is no heavy lifting make sure you get it in writing. A few of us were told this just to find out after hiring that we had to lift heavy teachers desks and FILLED filing cabinets. This has the potential to injure workers and start a WC claim. There is no problem lifting 50 lbs but they do not tell you it is continuous. Also was told they had men to do the heavier stuff but they were no where to be found when needed but did show up to look good when the customer dropped by.

Management should be honest and ethical or they will always be hiring.
Pros
Worked with some nice people that deserve better
Cons
Noone can lift over 50 lbs constantly for too long without injury
Enjoyed the people
Janitor (Former Employee) –  Saint Cloud, MNAugust 15, 2016
Enjoyed the people i worked with. Was able to do work with pretty much with no management check in. Maybe once a month. Enjoyed very much. To bad they lost the contract for that building.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at ServiceMaster. Our community is ready to answer.