ServiceMaster Employee Reviews in United States

hated this job very little work
General Cleaner (Current Employee) –  memphis,TnMay 22, 2015
i will never apply again. i hated this job. wanted you to come to work early with no extra pay. it may be diffrent experiences for diffrent people but i did not like my experience at all. i would not say do not work for them but myself personally would not. they send you out to all these diffrent locations for only a few hours. the pay is bad for the amount of work they expect out of you. Maybe if they paid more and offered better hours they would keep their employees
Pros
got to look at free basketball games
Cons
very slow work and hours
Great Service
Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Pocatello, IDMay 20, 2015
ServiceMaster Clean is a great company to work for, keeping the customer happy. Making their live happy after their disaster happen.
Pros
Great Services
Cons
Get payed by on job site
Productive and fast past environment
IT Analyst Specialist II (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNMay 17, 2015
Productive, fast paced, learning environment that encourages the employees to strive to complete the best work environment for all employees.
Pros
Learning new things on a daily basis
Cons
Job advancement
Good people to work with
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Danville, VAApril 14, 2015
Good people to work with for the most part. I learned a lot about how a company should run and should not be run. Too many conflicts to list.
co workers and staff were friendly
Cleaning Crew (Former Employee) –  Lancaster, OHApril 11, 2015
did my daily cleaning , alarming and disarming the alarm system, loved my job, there was no hard part Management was wonderful
Pros
new skills and interaction with new co workers
Cons
all evening hrs
The industrial management division had top notch management and mentorship
manager of housekeeping and paint shop (Former Employee) –  all over the U.S.April 6, 2015
Was a quality focused work place that provided continual learning in all phases of housekeeping management for those willing to put forth the time and effort which I did.
Pros
Travel, learning experiences, and benefits
Cons
relocation when I had children at home
good worklpace
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSMarch 17, 2015
a typical day at this job was just getting my crew members settled in and make sure they know what they are suppose to be doing. I usually answer all calls over the radio that comes to us and make sure the calls get taking care of in a timely manner. I learned a lot working here it was my first job so I seen and learned a lot I've got promoted to the highest which was Project Manager. the management was very good at first but it just went all down hill the last year or so ago. I would probably say the hardest part if the job was doing an outstanding job but still manage to get a complaint about something but the most enjoyable part was showing up every time and seeing my crew members.
A Great Everchanging Billion Dollar Company
Inside Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMarch 16, 2015
The Terminix/ServiceMaster organization proved to be as fast paced and challenging as they promised. With daily opportunities to develop your skill through multiple interactions with the customer; Service Master has proven to be a great place to grow. I have learned a lot, and earned a lot. The ability to earn and reach for heights you never thought possible, comes into focus when with Service Master. Unfortunately, all good things must come to an end, and the removing of the sales department from our Norcross location would prove to be the end of my Sales Career with Service Master. Although I begin the phase of transitioning to another Sales position, I enjoy my final days providing customer service for my former clients. Bitter sweet but more Sweet than bitter. I will take the Service Master experience with me to my next sales position along with the attitude of success!
Pros
great organization, strong management, caring co-workers, opportunity for growth and high earning potential.
Cons
ceo changes happened often and frequent, down turns in the economy cut into positions
Bad Experience
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Jefferson City, MOMarch 12, 2015
Did not enjoy my employment at this ServiceMaster due to personal reasons.

The management was unprofessional and did not train employees well.
Very busy environment.
Service Planning Specialist (Former Employee) –  Montgomery AlabamaMarch 4, 2015
There were no typical days at the office. Everyday brought new obstacles to overcome and meld into your daily schedule of things to do. Some days were more challenging than others, but I believe that is what made the job so likable. Learned about using map features to assist with scheduling routes to reach revenue predictions.
Pros
working independently, ability to work from home in situations of emergencies due to illness, daycare, temporary car issues.
Cons
completing the work and having a last minute change of available technicians.
fun work place
Cleaner (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNFebruary 17, 2015
A typical day at work is me working and taking my own direction, when there is a problem communicating with managers about things i need and when i run out of supplies, but i mostly work by myself and have to make sure things are cleaned correctly.
Site is harsh environment must always wear PPE's, FMI personnel are hostile.
Coordinates admin between client and FMI personnel (Former Employee) –  Tagbac, San Jose, Antipolo City, RizalFebruary 14, 2015
Engaging FMI personnel everyday during tool box meeting. Meeting their superiors and hearing their concerns. Manage my anger. Management is supportive of FMI's endeavor. FMI personnel was absorbed from previous service provider and is very hostile towards FMI. Hardest part of the job is engaging FMI personnel on site, can't react negatively due to remoteness of site from City and personnel are mostly living within the vicinity. Enjoyable part is solving one's administrative related problem and then becoming his friend.
Pros
just being employed
Cons
get to see rural sites, environment is cleaner (outside cement plant)
Great Place to work
Retail Sales Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Brandon, MSFebruary 13, 2015
Its a great job that I enjoy working. And the people are great to work with and I enjoy working at this job and hope to continue to be there for a long time.
Pros
great place
I liked being paid every week.
Janitor (Former Employee) –  Davenport, IAFebruary 9, 2015
A typical day would be to go in a get my supplies needed for cleaning. I learned a lot of responsibility. My manager was great but my supervisor was very disorganized. Working with my co-workers was awesome. The hardest part was driving miles to clean buildings. The best part of this job was getting paid every week.
Pros
getting paid every week.
Cons
driving miles to clean buildings.
Horrible
American Home Shield Call Center Associate (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNFebruary 7, 2015
As soon as you get hired, make sure you start looking for another job. WORST place i have ever worked. No job security, expensive insurance, horrible management. Don't work here unless you are in dire straights
Collaboration
Program Manager (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNFebruary 3, 2015
Program and project management can be hard and demanding, but also provide the opportunity to work with various people both from the business and the technical sides. The ability to collaborate, compromise and ultimately make decisions in the interest of the company, department, and strategic goals is what makes the job rewarding.
Pros
work/life balance, easy commute
Cons
expensive benefits, leadership turnover
A place with good work hours.
custodian (Former Employee) –  Salem, ORFebruary 2, 2015
I always had a set time to check in and out and because it was a swing shift job I could do other productive things during the day. I cleaned worked spaces and took out their trash. While I usually worked in the same place, I was occasionally called to go to other places to clean.

One of the few problems I had with it was that the manager was a bit micromanaging and a bit disorganized and everything had to be brought to him to see if I was done for the night or not, which meant a lot of voice mails and wasted time looking for him if he was in the building.
Pros
good set work hours.
Cons
so set work schedule
fun in the beginging
Carpet Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Grandview, MOJanuary 31, 2015
everyday was different I cleaned carpets at different locations every night. I didn't really work with anyone. the hardest part was working nights.
Pros
being by myself
Cons
no room for advancement
fun
Technician Specialist (Current Employee) –  Perkasie, PAJanuary 30, 2015
I enjoyed the social interaction between me, the patrons, and fellow employees, bartending was a very fun job whether it was helping someone get threw a tough day by letting them vent about it or being a part of someone's exciting day and being a part of that with them
Fast paced restoration company
Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Creston, OHJanuary 28, 2015
A typical Day;
Respond to e mails, go out on job sites and write paper estimates and floor plans, return to the office and create xactimate estimates.

What you learned;
On the job training, as well as, IICRC certification courses

Hardest part of the job;
he physical part of the job. Wet carpet pad is extremely heavy

Most enjoyable part;
Walking a customer through the restoration process and the satisfaction of a happy customer and completed restoration project.
Pros
great co workers, paid on the job training
Cons
on call, heavy lifting