SERVICEMASTER

SERVICEMASTER Employer Reviews

lockbox
Trugreen-Accounts Receivable Specialist III (Current Employee), Memphis, TNJune 12, 2013
Pros: team building activities
Cons: high healthcare
productive place to work with diverse co-worker environment. learned to manage various duties within the workday. the hardest part of the day is the also the challenge of the job which is to figure out where the payment should be applied and how. the most enjoyable part of day for me is finding out how much work i have for the day and to organize it – more... from important to least important. at the end i can see what i accomplished. this is most satisfying to me. – less
cleaning local businesses on a daily basis
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Salem, NHJune 10, 2013
Maintaining customer satisfaction on a daily basis. Respect for other peoples belongings. I managed 15 people on a nightly basis. Inspecting buildings to maintain that the quality of work is done with satisfaction for approval from the business.
Dynamic fast pace environment
Business Development Manager (Former Employee), Deerfield, ILMay 29, 2013
Pros: working with entrpeneurs and seeing them succeed
Cons: when working out of the home there were times when you feel isolated from your co-workers
I worked from home so my day started early and ended late.I traveled quite a bit so when I was at home I spent the vast majority of my time on the phone working with franchises and following up on commitments I had made or that franchises had made to me. When I was on the road I spent 10 to 12 hour a days working with franchise owners and that their – more... staff on process improvement, financials and marketing and advertising.
I learned a great deal about the franchises business in general and what it takes to be successful in the franchise business. Most importantly I found that I have a natural ability to build relationships with small business people and that without their trust you will never successful.
I had a great relationship with my co-workers. All of them were dedicated to the company and to seeing that every franchise was successful. We often helped each other with issues involving a franchise and there was an atmosphere of whatever it takes within the group which made it an enjoyable place to work.
The most difficult thing I had to deal with was telling a franchise that perhaps they were cut out to be an owner. While I never enjoyed this, I also felt that in those instances where it had to be done that it was the right thing to do. What I really enjoyed was seeing a franchise succeed and build a business or helping a franchise turn around a struggling business. dayThis was fantastic and it was the driving force in how approached each and every – less
Loved this job
Service member (Former Employee), Paris, TNMay 29, 2013
Pros: breaks as needed
I enjoyed working with the team, and the places we went to. I really enjoyed going to different places, it wasn't the same place everynight.
You will learn a lot...
Financial Analyst (Current Employee), Memphis, TNApril 15, 2013
Pros: flex schedule and ability to learn
Cons: very demanding hours
A typical day at work revolves around extensive use of advanced Excel (Access and SQL are also used in some cases) query and programming techniques where accuracy and hard work are paramount. Your ability to learn is seemingly limitless as long as one is willing to put in the work. Upper management at the writing of this is in a bit of flux. The hardest – more... part of the job is less than desirable amount of direction in general and a lack of appropriate compensation in some cases. The most enjoyable part of the job is the atmosphere and how rewarding the work can be when difficult tasks are accomplished. – less
customer service rep productive proffesional positive enegry
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee), Memphis, TNMarch 18, 2013
Pros: lunch breaks
Cons: the distances
made sure the customer was pleasant satisfied reliable had positive energy was very concerned whether they was happy
Great employees to work with
Front off (Current Employee), Oklahoma City, OKMarch 15, 2013
Your day is busy from start to finish. You will learn how to multi task even if you never thought you could.
Worked cleaning office buildings
Custodian (Former Employee), 9445 Indianapolis Highland Ind. 46322March 12, 2013
I worked at night with one other person. dusting and vaccuming cleaning rest rooms . The management was very good. The hardest srt of the job was cleaning high places. working with my co-worker and doing a good job.
Scam Job
Reinspector (Former Employee), San Bernardino, CaMarch 2, 2013
Pros: free coffee
Cons: everything
I applied for the job of termite helper, you just carry stuff from the truck to the job site and back, general clean up, general help .etc. I was called in for an 1 hour interview and told i would know something in two weeks. On the way home i got a call to come back in two days to go on a ride along, but what happened was that they told me to follow – more... the guy in my own truck useing my own gas. The job that the guy was doing had nothing to do with the job i had applied for, how is that going to show anything about the job of helper. On my first day they told me i had to go to school for own week, wear a suit and tie, for a helper? then the hole aspect of the job changed. They had sign my name on forms i agree to stuff i knew nothing about, and they started to double talk on everything. In my opinion they should also sell Kirbby Vaccums as they use the same pratice in when there are hiring. I was lucky in that i was offered another job that same day that i accepted. – less
Laid back work
Janitorial Technician (Current Employee), Kalamazoo, MIFebruary 28, 2013
Pros: its laid back and non-stressful with a fairly flexible schedule
Cons: its almost too easy and i dont like some of the longer nights
I enjoy the job, its really laid back and not really stressful. The managers and supervisors are fun to work with. I am in charge of basic cleaning so its an easy job as well.
Hard work environment
Cleaner (Former Employee), Iowa Falls, IAFebruary 28, 2013
we worked hard and we got rewarded for doing so. Most days we just tore wet carpet up and carried the carpet up stairs.
fast pace and quick thinking
Janitor/Maintenance (Former Employee), Chesapeake, VAFebruary 25, 2013
Pros: free food on occasions
Cons: short breaks and very little bathroom breaks
Just the drag of coming to work and clocking in may turn you away but once your settled at your base then the pace picks up and you stay busy, which i love!
Enjoyed helping people solve their problems.
Customer Satisfaction Representative (Former Employee), Escondido, CAFebruary 22, 2013
The company cares for it's employees. The staff typically addressed the problem quickly and helped make the customer happy.
Worst place to work for ever!
Janitor (Former Employee), IowaFebruary 20, 2013
Pros: i liked the people in the place that i worked {not servicemaster people}
Cons: no benefits, low pay, no incentives offered, treated with total disrespect by management, my concerns would go in one ear and out the other with management
I am absolutely floored by these positive reviews! Servicemaster was tge absolutely worst company that I had ever worked for. I can't believe that I stayed as long as I did.

My employers were all related, so if you had an issue with one, you could be sure that it would not be handled in an unbiased manner.

Pay was low, workload was absolutely unreasonable, – more... absolutely no benefits or incentives. For example, you were allowed 5 vacation days per year, no matter if you were there for 1 year or 20 years, all unpaid. Constant threats of termination over the most minute infractions, such as forgetting to clock in or not getting to work because of snow or ice storms.

I was always a dependable employee who always did my job well, but Servicemaster ground me down to the point that I absolutely not take another day of their threats and intimidating tactics.

Their turnover is so high that a lot of new hires work a matter of days before seeing the real score and then just stop showing up for work. Then the workload falls onto the rest of us while the management tries to lure in the next victim.

This is just a small example of what they are like.

My advice for anyone job hunting is to bypass this Co. and keep looking. You will never get anywhere with the backbreaking work, unreasonable demands, and low pay and no benefits. – less
Fun place to work
Cleaner (Former Employee), Madison, WIFebruary 18, 2013
Pros: fun people to work with
Cons: couldnt understand what the people i work with was saying half the time
work went by fast, i learned more things about neatness and cleanliness, for most part it was pretty easy and fun job
fast paced high energy 24 hour per day position
Retired (Former Employee), Saint Louis Park, MNFebruary 7, 2013
This was a great place to work as every day and many nights held challenges. Especially when dealing with people whom had just suffered a loss. When it was a home and it was 2AM it was especially hard to help people understand that we could and would do the proper job to make them whole. The most enjoyable part was when people could see their property – more... both contents and structure was back together better than when they left it. Every person we worked with was as dedicated as I was to completing a project on time and satisfying the customer – less
making calls on agents and adjusters
Marketing Director (Former Employee), Groveport, OHFebruary 5, 2013
Calling on agents and adjusters in person phone calls follow up on jobs
Enjoyed working at ServiceMaster
Sales & Marketing Rep./Executive Admin Assistant (Former Employee), Saint Charles, MOFebruary 1, 2013
Pros: enjoyed the people i worked with.
I enjoyed my time at ServiceMaster. My direct report was the owner of the company and he was great to work with. Always allowed me to grow and explore how to improve the sales and marketing department. Allowed me to be creative in my work.
Great experience
Operations Manager (Former Employee), Lodi, NJJanuary 25, 2013
This job gave me the opportunity to learned how to deal with all different backgrounds of people and insurance companies.
Excellent Boss to work for
Operation Manager (Former Employee), Brownsville, PAJanuary 14, 2013
Pros: close to home
Cons: health care
Managing 40 some employees and buildings making sure there cleannd maintain

About SERVICEMASTER

ServiceMaster merrily mows, scrubs, sprays, and trims. A giant in its industry, the company serves millions of commercial and – Read more