Services For The Underserved Employee Reviews in United States

Overwhelming
Care Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYApril 14, 2016
not organized, can be confusing at the times, no support from supervisors, no flexible hours, , had to figure out the job duties pretty much alone
Productive and hard working type of environment
Housing Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Amityville, NYMarch 28, 2016
The most enjoyable aspect of the job is having made an enormous impact on the Veteran Homelessness epidemic. Everyday I am able to change the lives of Veteran families for the better in a big way.
close knit friendly organization
Maintenance Worker (Former Employee) –  675 Classen AveMarch 21, 2016
Travel to consumers home and performed minor repairs and installations such as air conditioners, smoke detectors, shades, washers, purchase materials and tools I may need for the job. Write work orders.
Pros
I controled my schedule
Cons
Parking when I visit consumers
Productive , fun , learn something new daily
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYJanuary 27, 2016
Reviewing all data's being input by all staff.
I learn how to be very organized, patient, willing.
I am the supervisor at night, management is very caring.
My co-workers are like family.
Hardest part of my job is to write a staff up.
Most enjoyable part of the job is being with all my consumers and taking them out shopping, sports, basketball games, broadway shows.
Pros
free lunches and dinner
Cons
Healthcare
Productive workplace
wellness coach (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYDecember 16, 2015
Working hands on with clients in a mental health Supportive housing setting.
Service plans update quarterly on 20+ residents
Enjoyable part of the job is providing a service to people who need my help.
Challenging
Wellness Coach/Care Coordinator/Case Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 8, 2015
Stressful environment, not adequately compensated, no upper management job security or assistance.

Good coworker relationships, but overall agency management is not supportive to staff.
Pros
having an income opposed to unemployment
Cons
infrequent lunch breaks
It can be a better place to work if you hire directors that are supportive to staff
Service Coordinator (Former Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 8, 2015
In the beginning I enjoyed helping others. My job was very important to me and loved working everyday. It was time to move on so no hard feelings. I think the main office has no idea what goes on with the other organizations such as Davidson Transitional.
Pros
Cons
Sight should be gutted out and started from scratch
Excellent Company
Assist in daily living routines (Current Employee) –  Bronx, NYMay 29, 2015
excellent company, busy work days, excellent individuals, too much turnover with employees direct staff anyway. I have learned a substantial amount through various interactions and experiences.
Pros
excellent health care benefits
Cons
advancement
I trulu enjoyed serving my clients under my care
Respite Specialist (Former Employee) –  New York, NYApril 23, 2015
A great place to work with the underserved populations of NYC, There was a high turn over rate with Management. My Co workers came from diverse backgrounds. The hardest part of the job was the attending the staff meetings on my days off. I loved helping my Clients and co workers.
Not very good management
MAINTENANCE (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYApril 1, 2015
Management talks down to staff when something is not done to the way the fully expected to be done. Co-workers all get along very well and help each other when needed.
Need to be making more money
Peer Specialist (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYApril 1, 2015
It's a nice org. to work for they just need to treat it employee better as far as, getting a raise I need to be making more money for this kind of work!!!I Love S.U.S For giving me a second chance on LIFE. I just wish they would pay me better money.
Pros
co-workers
Cons
pay sucks
Nonprofit doing great work
DEVELOPMENT ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 12, 2015
I was really inspired by the work that the organization is doing to help NYC's most vulnerable populations Keep up the great work. Really enjoyed my temp assignment there.
Im learning alot working here
Program specialist/ Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  South Ozone Park, NYNovember 7, 2014
I have learned a lot while working for this company, the management here are very hands on and reliable
25 years of service
Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn nyOctober 23, 2014
A typical work day is very productive I over see 8 resident's with their Daily Living Skills , appointment's, and provide support where needed. What I have learned to be patient . Management can be over the top at time but I have learned to cope, My co-worker help make the day go easy, the hardest part of the job is when i can't help the ones that need the services the most that are provide, due to they don't want the help. The most enjoyable part is when I see the progress of the ones that I serviced and they have move on to the next level of care.
Pros
i assist individual's in crisis
Recruiter Assistant (Temp), SUS (Current Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 21, 2014
This a great place to work, and everyone here is jovial and easy to work with.
Enjoyable and yet busy.
Service Coordinator/Wellness Coach (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 2, 2014
•Assure that clients reliably attend medical/outpatient appointments.
•Assure that clients comply with prescription regiment.
•Write clear service plans and progress notes and maintain meticulous documentation of service visits
•Provide services in the clinical home and in the community
•Coordinate ancillary care for clients to ensure continuous, comprehensive care.
•Collaborate with all members of the team, primary care specialty doctor and all partners on a regular basis.
•Initiate appropriate referrals to ensure authorization, Assist clients to obtain access to transportation.
•Research, evaluate and recommend community resources for clients.
•Work with medical home team inpatient providers, discharge planners, nurse partners to ensure efficient use of inpatient resources in a timely discharge to an appropriate setting.
•Collaborate with mental health and substance abuse care providers, collaboratively with the Value Options Field Care Coordinator to ensure coordination of all services and integration of services.
•Report serious incidents, allegations, or sensitive situations to supervisors. Complete incident reports in accordance with policy. The day was busy, however co-workers worked well together and made the work enjoyable.
Pros
learned that i had more patience then originally thought. i learned a lot from the clients.
Cons
if you don't pace yourself it could be draining.
Communication
CHS (Current Employee) –  BROOKLYNJuly 24, 2014
My surpviser and that company have good commucation skills that they use very well
Pros
they will help you
Cons
trail peiod last to long
It's a great company to gain valuable experience about the special needs community.
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJune 24, 2014
SUS is a company that allows employees to learn about the daily challenges of persons with special needs. SUS is a non-profit organization that is dedicated to people with developmental disabilities. Every year they have their own special Olympics day. They also allow their individuals to go on recreational trips, visit museums, and attend special events throughout the year. It's a great company to work for and gain valuable experience.
Medication Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYFebruary 5, 2014
I have learned how to work ad communicate with all kinds of individuals whether a co-worker or an individual which I provide services. My work days are filled with constant engagement either internal or external and my co-workers are very supportive.

I would not say hard but troubling in reference to my job is y salary.
Pros
paid lunch
Cons
health coverage
Long standing agency
Case Worker (Former Employee) –  Queens, NYOctober 22, 2013
Willing to give to give entry level employees a chance to learn and grow. unstable site to site management.