ServiceSource Employee Reviews

Great place to start your career
GCS Annuities Manager (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNMay 2, 2016
Service Source is a great place to work. Everything is learned on the job so its a great place to start out when you're fresh out of school or switching career paths.

Its a young, fun environment. You can go to work and not hate being there, thats a big deal when you are working 40 hours a week!

Pay is mediocre, but thats to be expected with a "starter" job. Most people here are just putting in some time and getting experience to move onward and up with other companies.

The benefits are top notch.
Pros
Great Benefits, Fun Culture, Resume builder
Productive and fun work environment
Operations Services Specialist (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNJanuary 2, 2016
ServiceSource is filled with diversity in personality types as well as positions. I was fortunate to belong to a team of friendly and helpful coworkers who made great teammates. A typical day at work began with checking all of my emails as I was the initial point of contact for our resellers, distributors, and customers. After I responded to all emails, I would perform quality assurance checks on my teammates' data entry requests. I learned how to effectively communicate with others in a professional business setting and gained further knowledge with multiple computer programs. Management was fair and seemed to genuinely care about their employees and made me feel welcome at all times. The hardest part of my job was also the most enjoyable: it was constantly busy and required exceptional multitasking skills.
Pros
Great coworkers, benefits, break times, and bosses.
Fun, relaxed work environment with a ping pong table
Senior Operations Services Specialist (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNJanuary 5, 2016
Team-based work environment divided between sales and data. Working on the data side provided a glimpse into a lot of systems I had no prior experience with. I enjoyed working with the sales team, but heard the relationship could be tense on other teams.
Pros
Great benefits, relaxed dress code and work environment
Cons
Lack of advancement opportunity in operations
If you like to Party this is the place for you...if not keep searching.
Operations Services Specialist (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNAugust 4, 2015
This place is a stepping stone for fresh out of college graduates, which you can tell by all of the drama and childishness. If you are looking to grow then you need to be really outgoing because it's about who you know and not how well you do your job.

If you are enjoy going out and drinking...this is the place for you!

If you are a hard worker and enjoy getting acknowledged then find another job.

Employees do not get paid for what they are worth!
Pros
Free Lunches, Team Outings, Relaxed Atmosphere
Cons
Compensation, Growth- Promotions based on who you know
Open minded environment, fun to work at, but management is slightly inexperienced, leading to some miscommunications.
Inside Sales Rep (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TnFebruary 23, 2014
As a career company, ServiceSource is a great place to use as a stepping stone, as it is lacking in upward mobility due to competitive nature of the company. Wonderfully open minded values, not caring about race, sex, orientation, or religion. PTO, and other benefits are good.

Management can be lacking in experience, which leads to miscommunication and sometimes frustrating meetings that blame employees for issues out of their control. Not a huge problem as higher management tends to be understanding.
Pros
Open minded, decent benefits, good environment
Cons
inexperienced Management, requirements not always clear
Very intriguing place to work ...
District Manager (Current Employee) –  Quantico, VAAugust 11, 2016
My employment opportunity has been rewarding but very educational. I was able to work with disabled people which has been very rewarding and at times challenging as well. Working for this company I was able to see how large companies can lose focus on standard operating procedures. This can cause major confusion when trying to develop a unified team of leaders.
Productive from time to time
Mess Attendant (Current Employee) –  Alexandria, VAJanuary 24, 2014
A typical day would be to sign in and get in where I fit in to the designated work area. I learned while working at this company, is that most of the time you have to look out for yourself.
Management can be shady from time to time. They can praise you for doing a great job, and other times they are rushing you to finish your job.
Management can be testy at times, and I feel as though they don't treat the good workers with the time they need and deserve.
The hardest part of the job is dealing with all types of personalities from co-workers and management.
The most enjoyable part of the job is working well with and coming together as team working together to make the company flow smoothly.
Positive energy, great management
Contract Administrator / Communication Champion (Current Employee) –  Denver, COJuly 13, 2012
ServiceSource is by far the most positive work environment I've ever experienced. From company-sponsored happy hours to a very lavish annual Christmas party, the management legitimately cares about the happiness of its staff. Salary isn't much, that would be my only complaint, but the benefits are fantastic. When I wake up in the morning, I don't mind going to work, and when it's time to leave, I don't take it home with me.
Pros
full benefits that are very affordable, 401k, lots of company-sponsored outings, excellent staff
Cons
wages are low
Great Company
Inside Sales Rep (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNMarch 28, 2014
This company is great. One of the most admirable thing about it is that as an employer they really like to protect and take care of their employees. The is okay, but they make up for it with a lot of job security and great management. It's a true professional career with a lot of internal growth opportunities.
Pros
Job security, great transparent management, great health benefits
Cons
Sometimes the job can be confusing and training is more general than specific
Company in a turnaround period
Senior Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Denver, COJune 2, 2016
This used to be a great place to work and it will be a great place to work again. However, I left the company in a state of serious transition. There is a big disconnect between upper management and the rep level and each division seems to be fractured.
A fun and energetic entry-level office environment
General Data Entry / Multi-Database Workflow (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNJune 11, 2012
ServiceSource is a very dynamic and fast-growing business in downtown Nashville. The hours and general commitment required can be stressful, but the compensation is fair and advancement opportunities are available for anybody who works to get ahead.
Pros
mostly relaxed, social outings, good management
Cons
frequent mandatory overtime, stress-spikes during end of quarters
Not What it used to be
Operations Services Senior (Current Employee) –  Denver, COMarch 3, 2015
The only thing you get outside of regular benefits is a paycheck.

The managers are nice. But if you don't want to be management there isn't much opportunity for growth.

This place used to be really fun to work at the culture was a lot different. It's a great place if this is your first real job.

Definitely a stepping stone.
Pros
Casual atmosphere
Cons
Low pay, unstable future, high turnover
Good place to start career
Sr Acct Rep (Former Employee) –  Denver, COFebruary 18, 2015
Great place to get basic sales skills before moving onto other companies. Well suited for fresh out of college graduates. Lots of emphasis placed on career development and skills coaching.
Pros
Good benefits; fun and young office culture
Cons
company still trying to find it's place in the software space
Good Contractor Role
Senior Business System Analyst (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNJanuary 11, 2016
I enjoyed my experience at ServiceSource as a contractor working directly on salesforce.com deployments. I worked on multiple deployments from microsoft crm to salesforce.com. I specifically worked on the Sales Console deployment, and was responsible for the Partner Portal deployment. I also served as a senior salesforce.com consultant providing guidance and expertise as it relates to the project. I trained our entire team on how to write effective user stories as we used a scrum based approach and taught them about the effectiveness of high level acceptance criteria. My peers and the executive team were great individuals who worked hard and made the workplace an exciting and productive place to be.
Don't work here
Operations Services Specialist (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNJune 8, 2015
Unless you don't want to make decent money or not get recognized for the work that you do, than work here. In-between job, no room for promotion or a pay raise. Discouraging work environment.
Great Entry Level
Senior Renewals Account Manager/Inside Sales Rep (Current Employee) –  Denver, COJanuary 8, 2016
Great Entry level sales role. Friendly management teams. Corporate Setting, with relaxed atmosphere. Millenial heavy staff.
Pros
Work Life Balance
Cons
Limited earning potential
Great Company
Warrior Bridge Program Manager (Former Employee) –  Oakton, VAApril 28, 2016
Very good company to work for, they are very inclusive in their service of people with disabilities. Two Thumbs up and will be missed
Great place with understanding management
SCIF Representative (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOFebruary 29, 2016
Low on the communication but to be expected with a new company other than that great company to work for. Management is good and all employees are easy to get along with.
High energy sales environment catering to renewal sales
Team Lead (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CA 94107February 25, 2013
Service Source was a fast paced sales environment that prided itself on hitting numbers. A typical day consisted of managing a team of 5-6 salespersons while also managing a sales territory of my own. We would focus on closing business and forecasting our weekly and quarterly numbers, while maintaining a consultative relationship with our customers. I was managed by a team of superiors and executives that valued results and teamwork. The company does well due to its team atmosphere but also because the it hires bright and well rounded people who come to work with a positive attitude.
Pros
great coworkers, fun work environment, quarterly spiffs and bonuses, team outings, training, career advancement, flexible scheduleen, flexible schedule
Cons
call volume requirements, data entry, crm, career advancement limited in area
Good Benefits, Low Pay, Drinking Culture Dominates.
Sales (Current Employee) –  DenverJanuary 8, 2013
This company initially intrigued me with it's casual dress code and beer talk. The whole thing seemed to good to be true. Turns out it totally was. The pay is low, they only hire young people and try to sell you on how cool the job is because of their liberal attitudes regarding substance abuse and drinking.

The actual job is easy and for the most part, but will make you wonder why companies would even bother to hire them to run their renewals in the first place. It's low responsibility, low pay and very little opportunity for real advancement beyond becoming a senior rep or team lead. Overall this place is a joke. Work here if you want meet people to go drinking with, but be wary if you think this place will do a darn thing for advancing your professional career.
Pros
free food, drinks and low responsibility.
Cons
low pay, bonuses are taxed at 60% and management thinks getting drunk with you makes them cool.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at ServiceSource. Our community is ready to answer.

100%