Servisair Employee Reviews

okay to work at
Fueler (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MINovember 2, 2017
its a fast pace job and you always smell like fuel. Each day you have to do math. every plane is different fuel consumption. you use a PDA for each flight. lot of contact with many of different people.
Fast paced work envirnment
Operations Agent (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLSeptember 18, 2017
Handling company. Hard work, fast paced and challenging. I learned how to stay calm under stressful situations such as over-sales & delays. I just didn't feel the company was stable and felt there was no future for advancement
Pros
Good pay
Cons
High cost healthcare
Airline sub contracting
Ramp Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Denver, COSeptember 2, 2017
The airlines are a challenging workplace. It helps if one if hired directly by an airline. Servisair is filled with individuals who are genuinely kind and like their job.
Pros
Fun environment
Cons
DIA is a long distance for most any to commute
Management was cheap, cheap, cheap but the people were great.
Agent/Uniform Coordinator and data entry (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAAugust 3, 2017
The majority of the people I worked with were good people. It was ok working there. Pay was not good. Even when they promoted you the pay was never enough for the amount of work you did.
Pros
benefits, good people
Cons
Cheap management and little pay
Seasonal Job
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJuly 13, 2017
This was an entry-level seasonal position. It is a contracted provider for WestJet, so the pay is usually at minimum wage. Hours were pretty steady, and co workers were great people to work with. Management was removed for the most part, but team always came together when dealing with difficult situations.
Amazing work experience, staff can use some work.
Ramp Agent (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLJune 13, 2017
I am glad that I have worked for this company as a Ramp agent, it is an impressive and rewarding field to work in, but the work conditions arn't always great, the staff is not very diverse (almost entirely older male spanish speakers only), and the staff can sometimes be abrasive. The CEO's and head managers were very professional and are always open to speak with the emolpyees. The leads on the other hand were not as concerned for our needs or concerns. Best part of the job was being part of this massive working system of dispatching and prepping airliners. The hardest part of the job is the physical labor, the conditions of some of these planes, working in harsh weather, split scheduling that makes attending school as a part-time nearly impossible, and dealing with the workplace culture.
Pros
Fascinating Job, Fair Pay, Benefits
Cons
Seniority scheduling, split scheduling, English speakers are the minority, Barely any gender diversity.
An excellent place to work
Ramp Agent (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAMay 7, 2017
I greatly enjoyed working here and gained a lot of experience. I enjoyed the company culture and the everyday challenges on the job. The management and team members worked very well together.
It was a good company to work for
Busing Clerk (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CA 90045April 21, 2017
It was a great company to work for and the benefits were great. They got bought by Swissport so they are no longer in service but they were good when they were.
Good people, very unorganised
Ramp agent (Former Employee) –  JerseyFebruary 2, 2017
Was good job, no issues with anyone, but it seemed that others had a lot of issues with management and tended to be a bit chaotic at times.
Pros
long lunch break, free pparking
Cons
very tiring, unorganised
good
Manager of Training and Safety (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJanuary 19, 2017
it was great really till we merged in with swissport ramp. my job was good travel a lot and saw the world well. but then after new management things got bad
fun workplace
Ground handler (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZNovember 30, 2016
Great job, management was nice, cool co-workers, the hardest part about the job was working in the 100+ weather. great job to apply for.
Many opportunities for advancement
Operations Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Sun Valley, CAJuly 23, 2016
A typical day consisted of being able to manage and supervise a team of ground personnel and fuelers to carry on the daily operations of customer service for major international airlines and airport operations. The challenge was being able to coordinate the time scheduling for arriving flights and making sure the airplanes were properly fueled and ready to take off. Failure was not an option.
Pros
Challenging, and independent.
Cons
Union Laws
Servisair was an OK place to work.
Passenger Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJune 22, 2016
Servisair bought out by Swissport. There is no benefits, and not enough hours. Management is ok. The good think about what I've learned was dealing with different people from all walks of life as a passenger service agent behind the ticket counter. Salary was very low.
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
healthcare, no benefits at all
Enjoyable, Hard working, and understanding.
Fuel facility technician (Former Employee) –  Romulus, MIMay 24, 2016
As a Fuel Facility Tech I was privileged to work with what i consider one of the best co-workers. Any problem that came up we tackled as a team and would act accordingly. The hardest part of the job was working in the rain and other elements. The air temperature can drop ten degrees at the Airport so I learned to layer my clothing very fast.The most enjoyable part was the amount of time I received to get my work done.
Pros
Worked by myself for the most part.
Cons
Weather, and other elements
fun place to work
Shuttle Driver (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAMay 14, 2016
like the fact that I drive the shuttle bus, co-workers got along with, management was very good and really enjoyed my work
Pros
breaks
Cons
n/a
great place to work, great pay and benefits.
General Manager (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMay 4, 2016
Great place, the enviorment is great. Benefits were good, pay was not the best but the training was awesome. The bad part is this is a contrator and they do get out bid most of the time, which will leave you out of work.
Lack of Communication
Bus Driver (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAApril 9, 2016
This company has no communication among management or supervisors to the drivers, you're always guessing about what is going to happen on a day to day basis. When we loss contracts we do not find out until we come to work to do the route. Seniority also mean thing to the company, they will bounce around there seniority drivers while drivers with no seniority get full-time routes. There is also a manager whom instead of resolving issues amongst the drivers he will speak with them independently and tell them what they want to hear and occasionally what he tell someone will come off as a threat. There is also no proper break room or restroom especially in the office if it's unlocked. The buses that we drive are old and falling apart, only a few of them have a/c and/or heat so in the winter they're cold and in the summer they're hot. The company will not approve ordering the parts needed to fix the buses. There is also no pay raises.
Pros
Weekly pay
Cons
Occasionally no lunch, no breaks, lack of communication, currently there is a constant loss of contracts
Great place to work and experience the aviation field
General Manager (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXApril 6, 2016
Loved working with new people everyday. Great pay and hours were flexible. Learned a lot about the aviation filed here.
Pros
paid lunches
Cons
need better equipment.
Fast working and lots of learning
Fuel and Gas Handling/Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXFebruary 20, 2016
Use basic math to assure each plane is fueled with the correct amount of gallons. Drive diesel and gas pump trucks to fuel Southwest Airlines machinery equipment trucks and Planes. Worked full time while attending classes.
Life changing workplace
Supervisor/ Trainer / Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLDecember 13, 2015
I worked here for the most part of my working life, it was a job where we enjoyed, and even loved to come to work to. Different cultures, different reasons for travel, we all learned that everyone has an unexpected story to their travel, and we all became accustomed to different ways of life. Teamwork was our biggest accomplishment, we truly had a way with helping each other out all day. Fast-paced all day. Hardest part was working holidays, but with the people we worked with, and the amount of fun we had going to work we didn't mind. We can be at work for over 20 hours in one day and only complain of airport food.
Pros
Free lunch on long days, travel benefits, relocation
Cons
short breaks