Servisair Employee Reviews

Lack of Communication
Bus Driver (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAApril 9, 2016
This company has no communication among management or supervisors to the drivers, you're always guessing about what is going to happen on a day to day basis. When we loss contracts we do not find out until we come to work to do the route. Seniority also mean thing to the company, they will bounce around there seniority drivers while drivers with no seniority get full-time routes. There is also a manager whom instead of resolving issues amongst the drivers he will speak with them independently and tell them what they want to hear and occasionally what he tell someone will come off as a threat. There is also no proper break room or restroom especially in the office if it's unlocked. The buses that we drive are old and falling apart, only a few of them have a/c and/or heat so in the winter they're cold and in the summer they're hot. The company will not approve ordering the parts needed to fix the buses. There is also no pay raises.
Pros
Weekly pay
Cons
Occasionally no lunch, no breaks, lack of communication, currently there is a constant loss of contracts
Servisair was an OK place to work.
Passenger Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJune 22, 2016
Servisair bought out by Swissport. There is no benefits, and not enough hours. Management is ok. The good think about what I've learned was dealing with different people from all walks of life as a passenger service agent behind the ticket counter. Salary was very low.
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
healthcare, no benefits at all
fun workplace
Ground handler (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZNovember 30, 2016
Great job, management was nice, cool co-workers, the hardest part about the job was working in the 100+ weather. great job to apply for.
good
Manager of Training and Safety (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJanuary 19, 2017
it was great really till we merged in with swissport ramp. my job was good travel a lot and saw the world well. but then after new management things got bad
Life changing workplace
Supervisor/ Trainer / Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLDecember 13, 2015
I worked here for the most part of my working life, it was a job where we enjoyed, and even loved to come to work to. Different cultures, different reasons for travel, we all learned that everyone has an unexpected story to their travel, and we all became accustomed to different ways of life. Teamwork was our biggest accomplishment, we truly had a way with helping each other out all day. Fast-paced all day. Hardest part was working holidays, but with the people we worked with, and the amount of fun we had going to work we didn't mind. We can be at work for over 20 hours in one day and only complain of airport food.
Pros
Free lunch on long days, travel benefits, relocation
Cons
short breaks
Not a place to advance, not enough pay for the work done, too manny resposabilities, no benefits
passenger service (Former Employee) –  Orlando International AirportAugust 21, 2014
I did enjoy learning the aviation systems, different airlines I worked for, different cultures, I truly enjoy working with people, my experience as a customer service was very pleasant, I enjoy helping others and solving problems over all ,, it was great to be reliable at all times, but unfortunately the benefits and pay could be better, specially after being with company for more than 2 years of service, I got alone with everyone, hardly ever had issues with others, there was nothing hard about my job and duties, Management has to be more agressive in a good way, and focus on bringing persons who really help in the business, recognize the employees who work hard for the company more often.
Pros
place to start if you want to escalade in the aviation business but not to stay for a long term
Cons
no benefits, not enough pay
Many opportunities for advancement
Operations Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Sun Valley, CAJuly 23, 2016
A typical day consisted of being able to manage and supervise a team of ground personnel and fuelers to carry on the daily operations of customer service for major international airlines and airport operations. The challenge was being able to coordinate the time scheduling for arriving flights and making sure the airplanes were properly fueled and ready to take off. Failure was not an option.
Pros
Challenging, and independent.
Cons
Union Laws
great place to work, great pay and benefits.
General Manager (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMay 4, 2016
Great place, the enviorment is great. Benefits were good, pay was not the best but the training was awesome. The bad part is this is a contrator and they do get out bid most of the time, which will leave you out of work.
Enjoyable, Hard working, and understanding.
Fuel facility technician (Former Employee) –  Romulus, MIMay 24, 2016
As a Fuel Facility Tech I was privileged to work with what i consider one of the best co-workers. Any problem that came up we tackled as a team and would act accordingly. The hardest part of the job was working in the rain and other elements. The air temperature can drop ten degrees at the Airport so I learned to layer my clothing very fast.The most enjoyable part was the amount of time I received to get my work done.
Pros
Worked by myself for the most part.
Cons
Weather, and other elements
fun place to work
Shuttle Driver (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAMay 14, 2016
like the fact that I drive the shuttle bus, co-workers got along with, management was very good and really enjoyed my work
Pros
breaks
Cons
n/a
Hard work, low pay and no benefits with Servisair/Swissport
Supervisor, ramp lead below wing services. (Former Employee) –  IAH - Houston, TXMarch 19, 2014
There is no 401K, no vision plan, no medical and left over used uniforms that rarely fit. The flight privileges are virtually non existent for the below wing ramp agent. Great place to learn the trade and then apply with the bigger airlines like United and Delta. Your working with a contract agency performing customer service and ramp services for the airlines that do not want to hire and pay their own people to do the same. Everyone is interested in profits not the employees. The contracting company must low bid and still make their profits at our expense. Management is horrible and the cast offs from the larger well known airlines like United.
Pros
Learn a trade
Cons
Under staffing to turn the dollar at the employees expense and safety.
Servisair
MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMarch 26, 2015
Servisair has been merged with Swissport. I left before the merger so I can only provide info about Servisair.

There were numerous advancement opportunities, but the HR process was a formality because many positions were given to hand picked applicants.

Compensation was fair to good and depended largely on who you reported to. Work-life balance was fair to ok.
Easy work with alot of down time.
Aircraft Refueler (Former Employee) –  dtwOctober 24, 2012
A typical day at servisair would require starting work at 6:00am.Through out the 8hrs of work, a person may only actually work 4-5hrs with the other 3-4hrs of down time. I learned alot of information regarding airplanes and the processes of refueling air planes(none of this information learned requires certification). Co workers of servisair are young high school grads, and middle aged individuals who hate working. Management was one of a kind! The hardest part of the job was working in the elements of outside. The most enjoyable part was the great people and cultures that i crossed paths with.
Pros
overtime
Cons
working in the elements.
Poor Management!
Fueler (Current Employee) –  L.A.X.April 14, 2013
Besides using some outdated, and poor serviced equipment; this job will teach you how to fuel aircraft. But the management sucks! Besides the low pay, there are some supervisors, that do nothing all day, but going around, writing you up for very miner mistakes. there are some supervisors, that make it their personal goal in life to get you 'fired', if they do not like you! One in particular at the L.A.X location; is nothing more than a liar of the truth, and a very poor leader, if that is what he trying to do. working here at this location, is not worth the un-even hours, low pay and some good for nothing supervisors.
Pros
will team you the ropes!
Cons
some lousy supervisors!
Great boss
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAMarch 13, 2015
I was contracted to Lufthansa airlines. One of my favorite places to work. Management is very professional. I loved working in international travel. The best part was the customer service and meeting people from many different countries.
Pros
International Culture
Cons
No benefits
Well, It's a job, I guess.
Aircraft Fuel Technician (Former Employee) –  O'HareJanuary 28, 2013
Bad culture fused with a stressfull atmospher. The work isn't hard, but the constant "hurry up and wait" part of the job gets old after a while. One hour you'll be sitting around getting sleepy, then the next your fueling seven aircraft in as much time. Getting to work everyday is a pain because you have to go through security just like everyone else. People are so nice to everyone in though lines.
Pros
nothing much really. low pay, horrible commute, snooty management and bad hours.
Cons
insurance but it's really expensive.
The Airport Life
Passenger Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas,NVAugust 10, 2015
Loved working at the airport! Best job! You meet so many people of different culture's. I learned you leave your personal life at the door, passengers are already not having the greatest day. Your job is to make passengers feel comfortable. Management rocked. Hardest part: Split shift.
Exciting and fast paced
Customer Service Agent (Current Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIJune 22, 2014
Working at Servisair for Southwest is an exciting job opportunity assisting passengers with questions about their flight and luggage. Also working with passengers at the gate and assisting them with last minute needs is fast paced and the feeling of satisfaction from working around a multimillion aircraft with passengers is a good feeling.
Pros
Friendly staff, fun at job.
Cons
No benefits, no advancement
Great place to work and experience the aviation field
General Manager (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXApril 6, 2016
Loved working with new people everyday. Great pay and hours were flexible. Learned a lot about the aviation filed here.
Pros
paid lunches
Cons
need better equipment.
The worst company I've ever worked for in Houston
Passenger service agent (Former Employee) –  HoustonOctober 30, 2013
This is the worst company i've ever worked for. Since it always starts with the head lets start there.
HR if you can call it that; has nothing but very rude people working for them you can't get through to them on the phone and when you walk in you are treated like you've come in off of the streets for a handout not like you are employed by them. Not to mention the pay is only a handout.
The management doesn't know how to manage their way out of a paperbag. Management only hires unqualified people as supervisors who makes them look like they know what they're doing as managers. They lie to you about opportunities for growth, positions and raises just to keep you working. They will only become one of those unqualified supervisors if you are under 25 and have no ambition to grow from a low paying job such as Airserv.
The unqualified supervisors walk around with big inflated heads as if they've earned the position with some kind of knowledge of what to do as a supervisor but, thats out the window.
The employees for get it. Not all but majority of them are lazy couch potatoes who was forced of the couch to get a job and decided to come work for Airserv and do nothing and get paid. Again if there were qualified people running the show the rotten potatoes wouldn't have never been hired in the first place.
I can go on and on about this waste of a time job but you'll be reading a novel in stead of a book. Stay a way from Airserv !!. It's a waste of time.
Pros
You would know what not to work for in the future.
Cons
Every thing about this job.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Servisair. Our community is ready to answer.