Senior Electronics Repair Technician
Job Title: Sr. Electronics Repair Technician
Reports to: Director of Operations directly, President of Company indirectly
FLSA Status: Negotiable (Exempt or Non-exempt)
Prepared Date: 06/25/2013
Summary of duties: Responsible for the repair of circuit boards and drives sometimes without schematics. Hands on repair, troubleshooting, and bench repair is a must. Prefer previous employment and/or experience in an electronics repair business. Must be a highly intelligent individual with analytical and problem solving skills. Duties will may eventually include direct management of support staff in the electronics department so excellent communication and leadership skills are a must. Computer skills are essential as they will be a daily tool in research, problem solving, testing, quoting, writing repair summaries, etc. Knowledge of automation equipment a plus. May be required to on occasion to go onsite to customer location for dynamic service calls. We are an aggressive growing full scale service and repair facility for electronics and servo motors.
We are seeking a highly motivated individual looking to join a growing team. This individual will be asked to help lead the growth of the electronics division of the organization which may include but not limited to identification of test and repair equipment needed, continuing education to stay ahead of the latest technology available for electronic repair, assist in the hiring process as the department grows.
We offer paid vacations and holidays, bonus plan/profit sharing, and insurance. We are seeking to build our team with the highest qualified individuals available. Regular pay reviews will be conducted to insure the employee is compensated accordingly for high output and low defect rates. The company’s success is measured by statistical analysis of K.P.I.’s (Key Performance Indicators) centered around customer satisfaction index, on time delivery, warranty costs, and total costs of quality. Individuals hired will be asked to be active members of the continuous improvement process that always seeks better ways to service our customers and therefore increase our profitability.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
1. Hands on repair of electronics including drives and servo motors
2. Prepare repair quotes, repair summaries, and statistical data collection.
3. Adherence to production schedule.
4. Creating electronics “tool box” that includes all essential and necessary tools and equipment needed to complete service and repair work.
5. Organizing and streamlining electronics repair/test room layout so that spare parts, tools, and equipment are categorized and organized in a manner in which they are easily found and/or located.
6. Create spare parts crib based on a systematic approach to most common repairs that increases our ability to react quickly to common customer issues.
7. Help create S.O.P.’s (Standard Operating Procedures) for all electronic repair processes.
8. Create and maintain a database of repair notes for reference and ease of repairs of future common components.
Does this job have supervisory responsibilities? (Yes or No) Not currently but will grow into a supervisory role along with the hands on repair.
Enter name of departments supervised by this job: Electronics
Are there other non-supervisory employees reporting directly to this job? (Yes or No) Not currently but will be added.
Education level and area of study: Degree in an electronics program preferred but not required.
Years’ experience needed: 48 months
Computer Skills: Firm grasp of computers and understanding of Excel & Word needed.
Current driver’s license required
Physical Demands: Frequent or almost continuous effort working with light to medium weight tools and materials. Position will include standing, walking, and sitting.
Pounds to be lifted: Up to 50 lbs. individually above 50 lbs. will be assisted by another employee or lift assist device.