SERVPRO

SERVPRO Employer Reviews

Poor Ownership/Management
Production (Former Employee), Lititz, PANovember 10, 2014
Pros: decent pay
Cons: owners/management treat you very poorly.
I enjoyed the fact that every day was something different, and really enjoyed the older lady who trained most of the new staff. However, the owners show NO trust towards their staff, and I, as well as other coworkers have heard them gossip and speak poorly of many of us. They will listen to any complaints or issues, but will never take action to correct them. They have ridiculous rules, and while owners and management are allowed to take frequent breaks and extended lunches, you'd better not even be 3 minutes late coming back from your coffee break!

I would have enjoyed this job very much, had I not worked for these owners or their son. They come across as snobby and condescending, and lack compassion for employees' problems-personal or work related.
Interesting and enjoable duties, appreciate co-workers
Water Technician (Former Employee), Augusta, GANovember 2, 2014
Pros: interesting hard physical work. good crew.
Cons: hard to balance work and home life.
I enjoy the work I do at Servpro. It is challenging and physical work. My primary job consist of drying structures after water intrusions. We use several different types of machines and methods to accomplish our goals. When the water mitigation portion of the business is slow, I sometimes spend time on the fire side of the business. There my duties include cleaning a structure and contents after a fire so the structure can be repaired and re-inhabited.
New experiences and great team to work with
Sales & Marketing (Former Employee), La Grange Park, ILOctober 17, 2014
Pros: good people, learning new things
Cons: allot of driving using my own vehicle.
A Great place to work. Owner was very knowledgeable and a great teacher. Everyday was a new experience and team work was important. I met allot of new people everyday. The hardest part of the job was the long drive and allot of city driving.
No life allowed and poor management
Manager (Former Employee), Brevard CountyOctober 13, 2014
Pros: coworkers
Cons: no breaks, no insurance, worst practices
I was on call for over a year, non stop because I was the only one qualified to hook up certain equipment. No health insurance, one week vacation after a year (that I wasn't allowed to take). Rarely could you take a lunch break, but one was deducted every day. Reviews were given late if at all, and raises were insultingly small. "Merit raises only instead of annuals" was the excuse, but they were almost never given out, and could take months to take effect. My 90 day review was given to me 8 months after I started.

I was shuffled over to a different department after the owner left, and the manager was a complete control freak. Instructions were given, but no details as to how to complete a task, and even were it done in a manner that was reasonable (or the same way it was done the previous time), there was always a complaint about how it was done. I was not allowed to refuse an assignment, ever, or the manager would threaten my job immediately with a stack of resumes/job applications. I had never signed the on call agreement, but the owner always stood behind the manager, no matter how absurd the demands or attitude was. I was written up with no ability to refute the claims, and this was done in closed door meetings with only the one manager present.

I was sent on fire, water, and mold jobs with no training, no PPE, and refused training when I asked for it. Many other crew members got the same. Most people stuck around for a few months and left. A lot of people that had put in years there left because of many of these practices. Many of them were very good people to work with, but some of the worst ones are the only ones who stayed.

Hardest part: This was sincerely the worst place I have ever worked. No insurance and extreme stress do not make up for a decent paycheck.

Best part: Some of my coworkers were really good people. Some became friends.
Production/Operations Manager (Former Employee), Childersburg, ALOctober 12, 2014
Cons: long hours, no family time!
This job does not have the hardest work I have done, but does have some hard work. There are very nasty jobs, some fun jobs, and some easy jobs. This job is not for someone with a family or trying to have a family.
Very Demanding of time on short notice and Misleading Job predictions
Technician (Former Employee), Cape May, NJOctober 8, 2014
Pros: lots of hours, great co-workers
Cons: bad management, misleading/lack of job details
A typical day at work would start at 8 am your team is chosen for you on a daily basis depending on the job and the demand. The day could end at 2 pm or 3 am the following day. We would travel sometimes out of state to help other companies or across the state to help with major disaster's. There were days were we were put in a hotel close to the disaster location. The crew leaders are very young and inexperienced for the most part and there was a lot of confusion at job sites. My co-workers were different almost every week most of my co-workers were very friendly and very well experienced. I learned an array of skills and trade secrets from my fellow co-workers and I am very grateful I had the opportunity to meet them and work with them. The hardest part of the job was the unknown elements. We would go to job sites blind and misinformed many times. For example we arrive at the job site missing tools and equipment we need for this specific job and have to travel back to the main office many miles away to retrieve the equipment and head back to the job site. This was all due to lack of communication and it would make jobs much more difficult. The Misleading Job details led to allot of co-workers leaving the company. The most enjoyable part of the job for me was at the end of the job seeing what we have accomplished as a team and how we handled tough situation's and achieved our goals. I would work with this company again and they do contact me about work when they are in need.
Front Desk Rep
Marketing Representative (Current Employee), Virginia Beach, VAOctober 7, 2014
Take Customer phone calls, manage customer accounts, office duties including helping in warehouse.
good co workers
Production technician, Mold remediation (Former Employee), palm desert, caOctober 1, 2014
water damages, fire clean up, carpet cleaning, pack outs and mold remediations
Good Job but not a Longevity placement
Technician/Crew Chief (Former Employee), Beacon, NYSeptember 28, 2014
Pros: work provides certification then can be applied else where, pay is good
Cons: expect no time off during the winter months
There is not a calm time, with responding to emergency work. You never know what you may be encounter with.
Only Hernando Branch had this problem.
Project Helper (Former Employee), Hernando, MSSeptember 23, 2014
You did not live to work here, you worked to live. This was a job that you dreaded any phone call of every single day, and if you plan anything you better plan on not doing it.
Full control of what the company needed to do
Independent IT Consultant (Current Employee), White Plains, MDSeptember 22, 2014
Full control of what the company needed to do from the moment I started working for them.
Marketing Rep! Never working for this franchise ever again in my life.
Marketing rep (Former Employee), El Centro Ca, 92243September 17, 2014
Cons: do all kinds of work not in your job description, dealing with an owner/boss with mood swings, the salary is a joke, to much to take in when an owner is your boss.
I went in to Servpro From El Centro/Salton Sea with great expectations, with possibilities of helping to make this independently own franchise grow. It had so much potential from the marketing side of it. Coming from a background of building relationships & working in the marketing department from my last job, I know I would fit right in. Had a bunch of interviews & job offers but went ahead & took a chance with Servpro. Made my own research & it looked like a great place to grow & make a career of it. From the day of my interview it took a long process, even though I had already said yes. Took about two weeks, then after signing the contract it took another extra week. The first two weeks it's nothing but training, hours of video watching & note taking. I am really good at learning something fast, so never went back & ask or miss understood. Just went back on my notes & there I would find the answer to anything that might come up. The 3rd week I jump onto working on the manager green program. Very easy to use with my notes that I had taken, the first day on it I had already figure every single thing about it. I had access as a manager & rep, because this franchise had no marketing manager. So I would be acting as both, creating routes & going out on the field. My boss/owner had no idea how to use the program! They had never used it in the past, only marketing reps which there had been 3 before me in a short period of time. Did not think much of it at first, but later I found out why. I had already added myself as a rep & created a route for myself, I went through every possible – more... error that could happen like double bookings & non existing addresses. I was ready to go, my boss wanted me to do ride alongs with reps from other franchises. I was more than eager to go, so I did a ride along with this rep. I saw how she handle herself, to be honest I took no knowledge from her that I did not already had. After this I was supposed to be out on the road meeting with insurance agents & starting to build relationships. Instead my boss decided to take me into a water damage house that day, I had already been in one before & went through all that people through & the process. The crew got there & started taking out the carpet & wall panels out. He insisted I should help them, I was kind of upset that I would have to do this kind of work being that I only was getting pay salary $400 a week. Did not make a fuss about it & got my self into it. By mid day we took a lunch break I went back to the office because that's where my lunch was at. I was tired not being used to this kind of work, none the less I did my best. So I said to myself now you experienced it, my boss stop by the office & told me to go back to the house that they would need my help. Well I found out he had three houses with water damage, & he only has a crew of 5 for the entire franchise, which not shortly after I found out they are getting payed minimum wage! I told them it's not fair what you guys are getting payed. It's a hard laborious job. Not only do the act as technicians but also as movers. A two story house & take every single thing in that house out to take all the roof & drywall out! & deliver some furniture to the owners to another place, I was just amazed all that went into it. For the amount of money they are getting, they could work anywhere else & get payed the same. & by the way none but one of the crew was certified! Only one of them should be permitted to go in the homes. Well I told my boss ok I did this kind of work today but no longer will I do it, not for the amount I'm getting payed. He was upset & tried to explained to me how are you going to market it if you don't experienced it. Oh of course, but I only need to experience it once, not for the rest of my job. He was upset I would no longer do the work, & him only having a 5 man crew he knew he needed all the help he can get. Oh & by the way he was only on sites for short periods of time. So he said well that's the job tell me if this is not for you, told him straight out nope not for the amount I'm getting payed. Ok turn in your shirts & resign the next day, best thing I've ever done. I just feel bad for the crew, it's not fair how they are being treated. I will never recommend as an employer or as a service! – less
not a friendly place
water,mold,fire restoration (Former Employee), Minnetonka, MNSeptember 16, 2014
very little chance of advancement. Office people do not understand the work involved
40+ hours aweek with overtime and on call 24/7
Restoration tech (Former Employee), Michigan City, INSeptember 11, 2014
Cleaning duties after fire, flood, or mold damage. Driving for site to site to inspect equipment such as dehumidifiers and air scrubbers. Very long hours and on call 24/7. Lay offs in slower seasons.
Exciting place to work
Crew (Former Employee), Fall River, MAAugust 28, 2014
A typical day at work was exciting going to customers houses in different cities getting to experience new places. I learned how to clean and restore damaged houses. Management was good and professional. Great co-workers taught me everything they knew and gave me an opportunity to grow. The hardest part of the job was the long hours, the most enjoyable was the places i ventured.
descrimination against young people
Electronics (Former Employee), Pelham, ALAugust 24, 2014
they hired an older woman for me to train to make more than me because they thought i was too young to be a team leader. the managment sucked, i litterally hated working there more than any other job that i have ever had
hard
Production Technician (Current Employee), Indio, CAAugust 24, 2014
not very fun, mamngement wasn't the best, a lot of favortism
Hostile work environment with lots of dead end opportunities
Billing Compliance Specialist (Former Employee), Lanham, MDAugust 22, 2014
Pros: paid time off, medical and dental insurance
Cons: unrealistic production expectations, overly emotional managers
If you are the type of person who can handle unethical disciplinary practices, blatant and obvious favoritism, no advancement opportunities and no job security unless you're one of the "favorites", then this is the place for you.
Amazing coworkers
Fire Restoration Technician (Current Employee), Brighton, MIAugust 21, 2014
The best thing about working at servpro is my coworkers, they are what keep my going.
Had a good team to work with
Administration assistant (Former Employee), Peoria, ArizonaAugust 18, 2014
Pros: location and envirement
Cons: owner
The company was ok. There were very district on making there reports and uploading the progress to corporate even when we didn't have any jobs to upload, so that was somewhat weird

About SERVPRO

SERVPRO of West Akron understands the stress and worry that comes with a fire or water damage and the disruption it causes your – Read more