SERVPRO

SERVPRO Employee Reviews

Interesting always somthing different fun working with co-workers.
Fire & Water Restoration Crew (Current Employee), Philadelphia, PAJanuary 20, 2015
Pros: flexible not bad for a part time job!
Cons: no consistant shedule
a typical day cleaning or heavy lifting, Ive learn many proper cleaning procedures. Never a bad day at work with other hard working co-workers.the best part of the job for me is starting and completing task.
productive and fun work place
Technician Assistant (Former Employee), Laurel, MDJanuary 14, 2015
While I was at Giant, I was happy to work with them and to keep them happy. I also like helping them and the customers in the store.
Excellent experience
Laborer/Equipment Operator (Former Employee), Bremerton, WAJanuary 10, 2015
Pros: excellent pay
Cons: released
Best job!, Leader for the Electronic team, created an application which gave the dept $311 in revenue
Friendly and hardworking
Disaster Specialist (Former Employee), Somerset, PAJanuary 9, 2015
Pros: traveling, learning, everyone was awesome.
Cons: long hours in a car, the dangers that come with demolition jobs.
Servpro was like a family for me. Everyday was an adventure, we were always going to strange and new places to help people going through rough times. I learned a lot of organization skills at this job, as well how to lead a group through a full work day effectively. My boss as well as my co-workers were all like family while I was working there, they always encouraged me to learn more on each job, and taught me how to break down a job to its basics and plan out how to tackle different problems. The hardest part of the job was the long car rides, we covered a very large chunk of the South West Pennsylvania. This was also one of the most fun parts of the job to though, because it was an adventure, I got to see a lot of PA during my time at servpro and it was beautiful.
great job
Temporary laborer (Former Employee), Kennett Square, PAJanuary 2, 2015
i loved working at servpro it is where i first started and were i first learned how to do water damages and remediations
It was interesting place of employment.
Production / Project Manager (Former Employee), Parma, OHDecember 26, 2014
I learned how to communicate with customers and adjusters, manage crews, and how to office work like filing files, billing out jobs, and ordering production equipment
Construction
Knowledge of all Hand (Former Employee), Norfolk, VADecember 19, 2014
Built deck fences and trellises. Used hand tools as well as power and air tools
working with customers
Water and mold remediation technician (Former Employee), El Paso, TXDecember 18, 2014
being able to help the customer with their tragic lose and seeing the customer so appreciative because you practically gave them their home back
Never Again
Restoration Specialist (Former Employee), Caro, MIDecember 9, 2014
If you like getting paid peanuts to wade waist deep in raw sewage, then this is the job for you.
Working at ServPro allowed me to use a number of my skills to perform my daily duties.
Content Supervisor (Former Employee), Tulsa, OKDecember 2, 2014
Pros: there was always work.
Cons: there maybe times where there was no off time from week to week.
There was no typical days at ServPro, due to the nature of the business of emergency services the days were long and sometimes even the nights. To work a 12 to 16 hour day became typical, to work three weeks without an off day became typical and expected. During my time with ServPro, I learned how to restore property after fire, water and/or mold damages. This employment was not structured which I believe was the hardest part of the job for me because I am more accustomed to a structured environment. To put in 132.50 hours in an 80 hour pay period became easier as time passed. I enjoyed my job with ServPro because of the variation of tasks daily.
Productive and busy.
Crew member (Former Employee), Kankakee IL, 60901December 1, 2014
Pros: i loved what i did, and the people there.
Cons: getting called out at anytime of the day/night
My job at Servpro was very fun. It was something I never had done before. I loved getting that experience. My favorite part about that job was going from place to place, other towns exploring, and just doing different things in different places. We were open 24/7. So we could get called out at anytime that's what I really didn't like about the job. Two weeks out of the month you where on call and could get called out at anytime of the day/night. It was very hard to not see my daughter very often because we would work long hours. So those two where the hardest part about the job. Other than that though we worked are butts off, long hard hours. We still always made work fun we always had a blast everywhere. We where like another family. It was a great job I wish I could still be there I think about that everyday.
Not a good atmosphere to work
Human Resource Representative (Former Employee), N Chelmsford, MANovember 27, 2014
Not a good work atmosphere for anyone. The owner did not treat employees very well. The co-workers overall were pretty nice but sometimes not that helpful when you need help. Hours can be long at times and a very stressful work enviornment.
Excellent place to work
Crew (Former Employee), Michigan City, INNovember 19, 2014
Great environment and wonderful staff.Love the work pace and the duties that were assigned to me. I've learned that most of the customers that I worked for suffer tremendous losses but they still carried humbled attitudes. The reason why i chose that is because after I complete my assignments they are pleased with my work also they feel uplifted even though they had a loss of their valuables(pictures,trophies etc.)
Hard work
Field Technician (Former Employee), syracuse,nyNovember 18, 2014
Very long work hours including weekends and nights. Low pay
Just a great company to work for.
Technician to Project Manager (Former Employee), Media, Southern Delaware CountyNovember 18, 2014
Servpro is a leader in the restoration industry and we are ready for any size disaster to restore or clean your property. I have the training and years of experience to get the job done. Servpro has always been considered a family to me. The management has always been there to help in all questions and concerns to make sure customer satisfaction is top priority. IICRC Certified in Fire and Water Restoration had helped me to do the best in my daily routines. Making the end of everyday at work an accomplished feeling. "It's always a great day at Servpro".
Never a Dull Moment!
Crew Chief (Current Employee), Albemarle, VANovember 16, 2014
Pros: healthcare, great crew and staff, good beginning opportunity in workforce, satisfaction of serving the public.
Cons: dealing with situations as far as insurance companies
Servpro was a great job to have had, it gives you an opportunity to see alot of unique situations that really grasp your attention on how life is. When someones personal belongings and home or business becomes jeopardized by disaster situations there is great panic, servpro offers relief for that along with great crew members especially at Servpro of Albemarle CO.

What I learned that added to my character and personal and work skills here is , an opportunity and or gateway into the service world, servpro is a great place to work for anyone wanting to get into the service field and learning how to present themselves to the general public on a general day to day basis. I also had the opportunity to learn the scientific side to how the elements of Smoke and soot, Water, Mold, and dangerous contaminants destroy and continue to destroy. It is absolutely an art on how the men and women in the cleaning & restoration feild become so creative in remediating and mitigating these situations.

Management is also great here however if management is under staffed it can be hectic, we as a crew do our best to help out management when we can. They are very loving but yet firm, and always are there to help with ideas and solutions.

My co-workers are amazing, they are respectful and we work as a team, it absolutely pains me to look for another job. I really admire each and every individual i work along side of. The senior members of the crew are patient and very informative in training and that is something that is hard to find anymore.

The hardest part of my job, is the challenge to complete – more... the tasks ahead of me, with such large quantity of important work we have to stay on our toes. Insurance companies can be almost impossible to communicate and work with and at times creates extreme stress on the crew and management, especially involving payment, we work very hard to help the victim/customer/client/friend in their time of need.

The most enjoyable part of this job is when the job is finished and seeing their life put back together. When we arrive to a flooded house or a burnt up building and then begin our clean-up process, and then we return when all the work is done and bring back their contents or to come back to see how they are doing. It is absolute gratifying to know that you had a hand in helping them back on their feet. – less
Poor Ownership/Management
Production (Former Employee), Lititz, PANovember 10, 2014
Pros: decent pay
Cons: owners/management treat you very poorly.
I enjoyed the fact that every day was something different, and really enjoyed the older lady who trained most of the new staff. However, the owners show NO trust towards their staff, and I, as well as other coworkers have heard them gossip and speak poorly of many of us. They will listen to any complaints or issues, but will never take action to correct them. They have ridiculous rules, and while owners and management are allowed to take frequent breaks and extended lunches, you'd better not even be 3 minutes late coming back from your coffee break!

I would have enjoyed this job very much, had I not worked for these owners or their son. They come across as snobby and condescending, and lack compassion for employees' problems-personal or work related.
Interesting and enjoable duties, appreciate co-workers
Water Technician (Former Employee), Augusta, GANovember 2, 2014
Pros: interesting hard physical work. good crew.
Cons: hard to balance work and home life.
I enjoy the work I do at Servpro. It is challenging and physical work. My primary job consist of drying structures after water intrusions. We use several different types of machines and methods to accomplish our goals. When the water mitigation portion of the business is slow, I sometimes spend time on the fire side of the business. There my duties include cleaning a structure and contents after a fire so the structure can be repaired and re-inhabited.
New experiences and great team to work with
Sales & Marketing (Former Employee), La Grange Park, ILOctober 17, 2014
Pros: good people, learning new things
Cons: allot of driving using my own vehicle.
A Great place to work. Owner was very knowledgeable and a great teacher. Everyday was a new experience and team work was important. I met allot of new people everyday. The hardest part of the job was the long drive and allot of city driving.
No life allowed and poor management
Manager (Former Employee), Brevard CountyOctober 13, 2014
Pros: coworkers
Cons: no breaks, no insurance, worst practices
I was on call for over a year, non stop because I was the only one qualified to hook up certain equipment. No health insurance, one week vacation after a year (that I wasn't allowed to take). Rarely could you take a lunch break, but one was deducted every day. Reviews were given late if at all, and raises were insultingly small. "Merit raises only instead of annuals" was the excuse, but they were almost never given out, and could take months to take effect. My 90 day review was given to me 8 months after I started.

I was shuffled over to a different department after the owner left, and the manager was a complete control freak. Instructions were given, but no details as to how to complete a task, and even were it done in a manner that was reasonable (or the same way it was done the previous time), there was always a complaint about how it was done. I was not allowed to refuse an assignment, ever, or the manager would threaten my job immediately with a stack of resumes/job applications. I had never signed the on call agreement, but the owner always stood behind the manager, no matter how absurd the demands or attitude was. I was written up with no ability to refute the claims, and this was done in closed door meetings with only the one manager present.

I was sent on fire, water, and mold jobs with no training, no PPE, and refused training when I asked for it. Many other crew members got the same. Most people stuck around for a few months and left. A lot of people that had put in years there left because of many of these practices. Many of them were very good people to work with, but some of the worst ones are the only ones who stayed.

Hardest part: This was sincerely the worst place I have ever worked. No insurance and extreme stress do not make up for a decent paycheck.

Best part: Some of my coworkers were really good people. Some became friends.

About SERVPRO

SERVPRO of West Akron understands the stress and worry that comes with a fire or water damage and the disruption it causes your – Read more

SERVPRO Salaries