SES Employee Reviews

Stressful work environment, no direction from management, would get tasked at 10:30 ar night and on wekends.
Accounts Receivable Administrator (Former Employee) –  Reston, VASeptember 19, 2017
Worked 45-50 hours per week, Never took linch breaks, Worked nights and weekends, quick burn out. No direction from management. High pressure, No on the job training after two weeks, Teach yourself if you want to survive environment.
Pros
5 weeks of vacstion
Cons
All the free food and vacation is not worth it if the work environment is untolerable.
Interesting work with many different topics related to facility modernization and process improvement
President and Consultant (Current Employee) –  Macon, GAJuly 24, 2017
Independent work with project and program managers. Provide discussion, research and research results and prepare briefings or information for management to improve business.
Pros
flexible schedule
Cons
intermittent work
Fast paced work environment with room to advance.
Buyer (Current Employee) –  Huntsville, ALJuly 5, 2017
In my experience with working at SES I have gained a wealth of knowledge by learning how to make better use of my multi-tasking skills to benefit the department as well as the company. The opportunities and experience that I have gained allow me to grow and advance with the company.
Pros
Generous vacation allowance, great benefits package, room for advancement
Cons
Short lunch breaks
Beast workplave with new learning oppurtunities
Application Support/ Senior Consultant (Current Employee) –  Princeton, NJJuly 5, 2017
SES is the place have worked on may technologies.I started my job with VB 6 and .net 1 version then I always learned the advance versions as well.Now I am working with Outsystems platform since last 1 and half year.I alawys learned and updated skills and it was wonderful to work with ses team.
Fun company great environment
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  East Falls, PAJune 19, 2017
I really don't have anything bad to say about them. It was a great job great money great opportunity it was fun working for SES. The only downside I can say about the job is working in bad weather and knocking door to door.
If all you want to do is work no life
Operator (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHMay 6, 2017
Lots of overtime usually get done with one job go tithe next find out schedule nightly if you will work the next day or not no assigned trucks drive different one every day
Pros
Lots overtime
Cons
No life treated like a machine
Program Analyst III (Current Employee) –  Huntsville, ALApril 24, 2017
SES is a great company to work for. They offer flexibility and are Family oriented. Most employees are great Team Members and are more than willing to help any way they can!
Pros
Flexability
Lots of changes
LEO/HEO (Former Employee) –  Springerville, AZOctober 17, 2016
Most of the co-workers are great can't say they have bad ones. I would say learning new things was enjoyable . Typical day, had more of something new every day and could go from one piece of Heavy Equipment to another. Management not bad for nine years .
Pros
Two breaks and lunch
Unorganized
Field Technician/General laborer (Current Employee) –  New Haven, INSeptember 13, 2016
Its very unorganized they go against there employee work book regulations. My Co-workers are cool its just the Supervisor he really makes his employees feel uncomfortable .
Ses
Marketing Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Princeton, NJAugust 29, 2016
Good solid company, very interesting business (communications satellites). Excellent benefits, very health conscience, provides free onsite fitness classes during lunch, gym (free to employees), 10% discount in onsite cafeteria. Yearly company holiday or summer party. Generous vacation package.
Pros
benefits, people, satellite launches
very productive
Tutor/Mentor (Former Employee) –  Peoria, ILAugust 10, 2016
It was challenging for the most part trying to identify with these youths especially in High School. However, it was fun and exhilarating for me to see the dedication and response from these students.
Pros
Giving back to my community
Cons
Too short of a time span
Decent place.
Manufacturing Manager (Former Employee) –  Allaince, OhioJuly 21, 2016
Good work place with good pay and benefits.
I enjoyed the people and working conditions.
Work hours are reasonable with adequate time off.
Pros
Good people
Cons
Management structure is too flat.
good experience for all of us
supervisor (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, NCJune 12, 2016
great family to work with I still keep in touch with them and have been fortunate to have know them and helped with their little boy
Ok place to work
Driver/Operator (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHMay 9, 2016
Good pay, good benefits. But the Co workers where sometimes really hard to deal with didn't want to pull their weight when it came to working.
Pros
had really good pay for the out of town jobs
Cons
personnel not pulling their own weight
Good experience but unbalalnced schedule and poor management
Electrician (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMarch 1, 2016
Unperdictable schedule and rude staff and managers.We were always redoing work cause foreman and managers didn't know what was going on half the time
ses
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHJanuary 3, 2016
you cleaned buildings pipes equipment pits use vac trucks roll offs work varies hours worked with a group of people. pay is not good
SES Americom in a nut shell
Network Controller Technician II (Former Employee) –  Bristow, VANovember 5, 2015
Pro

SES is a good company to work for.It genuinely trys to take care of the employees.

Con

Once you are in a position it is very hard to get anyone to move you to a more advanced position from the o3B NOC,because the technical lead at this NOC only promotes friends.
fast paced work
Engineer Technician II (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALNovember 1, 2015
Management is very bad. I got hired and then two months later was laid off. Management counted on contracts without actually having the work. Co-workers are awesome. Work envirnoment with management was you were always stepping on egg shells
Family owned business
Job Development & Placement / Trainer (Former Employee) –  Eugene, OROctober 18, 2015
Exciting Job with great people. The organization valued hard work and dedication. No politics. The most enjoyable park of my job was working alongside my colleagues and staff I supported.
Pros
Flexible work schedule
Cons
Low pay
Good Company
Heavy Equipment Operator (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXOctober 11, 2015
A lot of nepotism on the jobsite, but was able to learn alot, only seeking new employment due to work slowing. Enjoyed working on all the different types of equipment was able to operate more than one thing and learn new things. Management was good. We had to move a lot of material and there were a lot of trucks to load daily.
Pros
good pay
Cons
not much work right now

Ask a question about working or interviewing at SES. Our community is ready to answer.