SES Employee Reviews

Ses
Marketing Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Princeton, NJAugust 29, 2016
Good solid company, very interesting business (communications satellites). Excellent benefits, very health conscience, provides free onsite fitness classes during lunch, gym (free to employees), 10% discount in onsite cafeteria. Yearly company holiday or summer party. Generous vacation package.
Pros
benefits, people, satellite launches
Lots of changes
LEO/HEO (Former Employee) –  Springerville, AZOctober 17, 2016
Most of the co-workers are great can't say they have bad ones. I would say learning new things was enjoyable . Typical day, had more of something new every day and could go from one piece of Heavy Equipment to another. Management not bad for nine years .
Pros
Two breaks and lunch
very productive
Tutor/Mentor (Former Employee) –  Peoria, ILAugust 10, 2016
It was challenging for the most part trying to identify with these youths especially in High School. However, it was fun and exhilarating for me to see the dedication and response from these students.
Pros
Giving back to my community
Cons
Too short of a time span
Unorganized
Field Technician/General laborer (Current Employee) –  New Haven, INSeptember 13, 2016
Its very unorganized they go against there employee work book regulations. My Co-workers are cool its just the Supervisor he really makes his employees feel uncomfortable .
Decent place.
Manufacturing Manager (Former Employee) –  Allaince, OhioJuly 21, 2016
Good work place with good pay and benefits.
I enjoyed the people and working conditions.
Work hours are reasonable with adequate time off.
Pros
Good people
Cons
Management structure is too flat.
Ok place to work
Driver/Operator (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHMay 9, 2016
Good pay, good benefits. But the Co workers where sometimes really hard to deal with didn't want to pull their weight when it came to working.
Pros
had really good pay for the out of town jobs
Cons
personnel not pulling their own weight
good experience for all of us
supervisor (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, NCJune 12, 2016
great family to work with I still keep in touch with them and have been fortunate to have know them and helped with their little boy
Good experience but unbalalnced schedule and poor management
Electrician (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMarch 1, 2016
Unperdictable schedule and rude staff and managers.We were always redoing work cause foreman and managers didn't know what was going on half the time
Good Company
Heavy Equipment Operator (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXOctober 11, 2015
A lot of nepotism on the jobsite, but was able to learn alot, only seeking new employment due to work slowing. Enjoyed working on all the different types of equipment was able to operate more than one thing and learn new things. Management was good. We had to move a lot of material and there were a lot of trucks to load daily.
Pros
good pay
Cons
not much work right now
SES Americom in a nut shell
Network Controller Technician II (Former Employee) –  Bristow, VANovember 5, 2015
Pro

SES is a good company to work for.It genuinely trys to take care of the employees.

Con

Once you are in a position it is very hard to get anyone to move you to a more advanced position from the o3B NOC,because the technical lead at this NOC only promotes friends.
Fun and always busy
DRIVER AND INSTALLER (Current Employee) –  PHILADELPHIA, PASeptember 23, 2015
Love to travel, the most enjoyable part of the job is staying busy,communicating with customer, always on time. Co-worker are okay to work with,although sometimes its challenging but we always find a way to get through it. I help my co worker load and unload trucks, I relocate to diffrent areas, my boss is very cool to work with.
Pros
THEY PAY IS WONDERFUL
Cons
SOMETIMES NOT ENOUGH HOURS
fast paced work
Engineer Technician II (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALNovember 1, 2015
Management is very bad. I got hired and then two months later was laid off. Management counted on contracts without actually having the work. Co-workers are awesome. Work envirnoment with management was you were always stepping on egg shells
Family owned business
Job Development & Placement / Trainer (Former Employee) –  Eugene, OROctober 18, 2015
Exciting Job with great people. The organization valued hard work and dedication. No politics. The most enjoyable park of my job was working alongside my colleagues and staff I supported.
Pros
Flexible work schedule
Cons
Low pay
ses
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHJanuary 3, 2016
you cleaned buildings pipes equipment pits use vac trucks roll offs work varies hours worked with a group of people. pay is not good
Huge learning experience
Administrative Assistant/Receptionist, HR (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALSeptember 10, 2014
I enjoyed my several years here. Met a lot of great people, made a ton of friends that are dear to my heart! I started at SES when there was 25 people I have seen that company grow so much these last several years . We have grown people, contracts , hangars an so many new jobs with helicopters . I enjoyed my time there an hated so many got laid off .
Pros
Great benefits, great hours, great pay
Cons
we are contractors, so you never know when your project will end. -
Fast paced work
Stage Material Handler and Builder (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNMay 30, 2013
Starting early to load in,construct stage.Then load out after the show.Organize truss and stage pieces in the Warehouse.Management was good and supportive.The hardest part of the job,too much down time in between jobs. I learned how to construct a stage and what it takes to prepare for a show.It take all hands working together and cooperation from each co-worker.I enjoy the fact this is related to the Music industry.
Pros
Meeting new people
Cons
Not enough work and no benefits
Tutoring
Tutor, The Academic Advantage (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAAugust 2, 2013
Traveling from home to home to tutor low-income students. Created and implemented lesson plans.
Learned how to use the California content standards to create and implement lesson plans. In addition, I learned how to meet individual learning goals and how to challenge each student through their own potentials.
The hardest part of the job was to use personal motivation for each student.
The most enjoyable part of the job was to see the children's smile when they felt like they succeeded and increased their testing scores.
SES Site Coordinator
Site Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIOctober 5, 2014
. Organize staff for tutoring sessions with students at site location. Training Tutors, Organizing In-services Trainings. Organize materials for K-12 grade tutoring sessions; make sure all paperwork data and materials are filed accordingly within each staff members’ and students’ folder. Submit, review and organize files in a timely matter according to state and federal standards. Enact conflict resolution. Communicate professionally and effectively with staff, school, parent, student and staff to continue a nondestructive educational environment thru verbal or written letters. Organize fire and safety drills monthly and regulate the hallways to prevent hazard of any nature. Manage employee hours in system. Recorded student's & tutors hours and program completion.
Enjoyable work place
Administrator (Current Employee) –  Duluth, GAOctober 5, 2012
Achieve Highpoints is an approved statewide provider for free math tutoring under the Supplemental Educational Services, No Child Left Behind Act.

A typical day at work consist of recruiting and training new District Sales Representatives/Area Managers, contacting various school districts regarding contracts, students, updates and managing the 9 states assigned to me.

We have a small staff of 5, and we all get along well. Everybody is a team player.

The hardest part of the job is making sure the students are doing the required amount of tutoring, per day/week.

The most enjoyable part is seeing the students achievements. Seeing the effectiveness of the program, when students go from D's and F's in math to getting B's and A's
Pros
work independently
Cons
health care
No training, no guidance, no balance
Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYMay 8, 2013
There was little to no training available and even less guidance in the day to day "how to do your job" areas. The employees were great but the upper management, not so much. No benefits and excessively long work hours made this not a very ideal position if you have any type of family life.
Pros
Some flexibility in scheduling
Cons
Not enough training, no benefits, longer than normal work hours