Sesame Place Employee Reviews

Fun Place
Assistant Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Langhorne, PAJune 26, 2016
If you want to learn good skills and get good benefits then this is the right place for you, so apply now!

There are many other department besides culinary, so there is more than one way to find something that suits you
Pros
Free Entry to other parks
Cons
How small the park is
Productive and fun work environment with friendly coworkwers
Merchandise Hostess (Current Employee) –  Langhorne, PADecember 26, 2016
A typical day for a merchandise hostess would include selling many items, whether it was off of vending carts walking up and down the street of the amusement park or in the store. The supervisors were always very understanding of the weather conditions and would do what they could to make the job easier on the vending team members. Hardest part of the job would have to be the erratic weather and working outside in it. The most enjoyable part is getting to interact with guests and their children who love the park and its characters just as much as the management team does.
Pros
Free water on hot days, very flexible hours, reasonable breaks
Cons
Weather conditions
Fun Place to work, great team
Vice President of Revenue (Former Employee) –  Langhorne, PAJuly 17, 2016
I have enjoyed 25+ years working at Sesame Place. I have gained a wealth of managerial experience from working here. The operating days vary which keep you on your toes all the time. Our team is mostly made up of high school and college age team members. The most enjoyable thing about my job is that i can impact company performance, and i can have an influence on team members lives and future careers.
Pros
working with great peers
Cons
work life balance
Productive and fun workplace for young kids to grow
Retail Specialist, Merchandise (Current Employee) –  Langhorne, PANovember 18, 2016
A typical day at work would be coming in and processing paperwork as well as checking the inventory levels. I learned an incredible amount about inventory management and also sales. My coworkers are friendly and incredibly helpful. The hardest part of the job is investigating when there is an issue with inventory counts, but the most enjoyable part of the job is being around people you love to work with
Was great with customers and sometimes fast to help others
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Langhorne, PANovember 26, 2016
They need more people who are trained in all fields needed before starting to work.
The manager are great but there's to many supervisor and not enough to team member
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Short breaks with long hours
Fun place to work at love the kids
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Langhorne, PAJanuary 9, 2017
A typical day at work would be a crowded park , a Sesame Street parade and fireworks at night i learned to have patience although the job do involve kids my co workers were fun to work with wonderful attitude and enthusiasm the hardest part of the job was making sure that everyone left with a great experience and to get lost children back to their parents safely the most enjoyable part of the job was seeing kids smile
Pros
Free tickets
Cons
Far distance
Great place to meet new people
Certified Lifeguard (Current Employee) –  Langhorne, PADecember 28, 2016
I did not like this job. They always had me on my feet hours upon hours in the sun without giving reasonable breaks. The team leads was always giving attitudes when the staff asked for water.
Pros
Discounts on food
Good environment
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Langhorne, PAOctober 12, 2016
Sesame place is an great environment! It's just very far.. And the supervisors are not reasonable.. There are a lot of transportation issues! Plus short breaks.. but you get great discounts!
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Short breaks, Very far
very nice place to work
Assistant Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Langhorne, PAOctober 26, 2016
I love working at Sesame Place. The customers are great to talk to and the other employees are a blast to work with. I never have an off day there. The environment is stressful sometimes, but we all work together well as a team.
Pros
free lunch, relaxed environment
Easy and fun work enviroment
Guest Relations (Current Employee) –  Langhorne, PADecember 21, 2016
Everyone is happy for the most part and the hours are flexible. Work days are pretty easy for the most part. Only thing to make sure of is that you do not cause a back up for a line. Fast but easy moving pace.
Fun teen job
Langhorne - Cashier (Former Employee) –  Langhorne, PADecember 24, 2016
I had so much fun with my job! It was lovely to see the children running around with smiles on their faces throughout the park and enjoying their summer.
Fun Work Place
Rides Operator (Former Employee) –  Langhorne, PAOctober 6, 2016
Although Sesame Place is a very good goal oriented company, it is not the industry I would like to build with. The workers could be treated so much better.
Cons
Short breaks, rude people, threatening managers
amazing
Cast Member (Former Employee) –  Langhorne, PASeptember 19, 2016
I actually really enjoyed my employment at Sesame Place. Everyone was very nice and we acted like a family. I wish I could go back. The hardest part was by far leaving for the day.
Great place. Not much advancement
Lifeguard (Current Employee) –  Langhorne, PADecember 22, 2014
Sesame Place is a great place to work with a decent pay along with many benefits including a free ticket to Six Flags once a week. That is always a nice plus.

However, if you seek a job with advancement and a high pay for it, you should look elsewhere. Even if you manage to advance up into a higher position here as a lifeguard, you will only get $1.00 extra to your pay with a lot of work behind it. Not really worth it.
Pros
Good food, tan, cool water on hot days, long breaks, good hours, staff
Cons
rainy days because you are outside, low pay if you're trying to support a family, not much advancement
amusument park with games , fun , water slide and more .
park quality (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAApril 25, 2016
my first day at the job was very fun . I learned how to be opened more . i learned working with others is fun and it also help you get the job done . I love working there because everybody was friendly and had a good sense of humor . the hardest part of the job was it being outside the heat would slow me down but i got the job done . the most enjoyable park about working there was being able to experince something new .
Pros
free cups
Cons
short breaks
got to work with parents and their families
Greeter/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Fairless Hills, PAApril 24, 2016
it was a good place to work not to bad. everyone was nice and pretty friendly. lunch breaks were pretty good amount of time. a lot of work to do.
Great Place.
Ride Attendant (Current Employee) –  Langhorne, PAJuly 16, 2016
It gets very hot. Learn to stay cool. Drink lots of water. Customer serivice is a must. Awesome perks in the discount area.
Fast paced enviorment. Always on my feet and on the go.
Culinary Specialist (Former Employee) –  Langhorne, PAApril 21, 2016
Worked in various capacities in several of the restaurants. Answered many questions from the customers as I served and cleaned. Work with management at meeting customer needs.
great place for children
Culiinary (Former Employee) –  Langhorne, PAJune 8, 2016
Fun and exciting job. great place to work . Children faces light to see all the exciting thing and Characters. Bright colors happy people.. Happy , Happy.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
not enough pay
Productive and fun workforce, we laughed a lot, very productive
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Langhorne, PANovember 24, 2015
A typical day at work was if I was opening I would have to cleanup, and help prep and cook food if I was cooking or prepping or making plates. I learned once again how to interact with different kinds of people. Another thing I learned here because some of the management was younger than me is the workplace is not always going to be fair to you. MY co workers was amazing, the ones who was team members was some of my best friends at the time. The hardest part of the job was cleaning. The most enjoyable part of the job was getting to come to work an know i would be laughing all day and at the same time maintaining a very productive work environment.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
short breaks

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sesame Place. Our community is ready to answer.