Sesame Place Employee Reviews

Very fun and productive work environment.
ASSISTANT SUPERVISOR (Former Employee) –  Langhorne, PAOctober 8, 2017
The HR department is very friendly. When it comes to working they make sure you get the proper training no matter what department you are in. They encourage moving up in the company to supervision positions.
Great place to work depending on the day
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Langhorne, PA 19047September 15, 2017
I loved Sesame Place! I was 17 when I was employed and they gave me a great amount of hours. The only thing I hated was that when it wasn't busy, you would travel all the way down there, and they would sometimes tell you they didn't need you. I, however, loved the free lunches!
Pros
Great hours, free lunches.
productive
Guest arrival hostess (Current Employee) –  Langhorne, PAAugust 24, 2017
A typical could average from 5,000-13,000 a day
I learned to be patient.
Under new management
The hardest part of the job is on a busy day
The most enjoyable part of the job is making the children happy
Great job
Guest Arrival (Current Employee) –  Langhorne, PAAugust 11, 2017
Great job, only downfalls are limited hours even with full availability and minimum pay. It's a great job if you are in school looking for extra cash, don't expect to live off of just this job.
Wild
Lifeguard (Seasonal) (Former Employee) –  Langhorne, PAJuly 31, 2017
An average day at sesame place was always packed with families and kids. I was a lifeguard pour job was to maintain cleanliness of park after parade and to ensure the safety of all families and camps. Only problem i had was when a customer laid her hand on me for trying to keep her child from getting hurt and the managers there just laughed it off and said " Welcome to sesame place"!
Pros
Free tickets and discounts
Cons
treated unfairly
Meh
Vendor, cashier, cabana host (Former Employee) –  Langhorne, PAJuly 20, 2017
It was VERY HOT. We got paid minimum wage to give maximum effort. I did because it was my first job. I had horrible tan lines, was broke, they wouldn't work with my schedule since I had a second job elsewhere. I loved the kids. They were the best part. I had a parent yell at me when I asked her kids to move out of my way since I was pushing 400 pounds of ice up a hill. They overcharge customers. The park is small. I loved my coworkers, I loved the guests, I would've stayed if they paid us better or charged the customer less. You can charge a guest $8-10 a balloon but can't pay me more than $7.45 an hour? I sold over $1k in ice cream in one day but that was the year they didn't have G club so I had nothing to show for it. No commission, no entry into a sweepstakes where I could win a price.
Very fun place
Environmental Service Attendant (Former Employee) –  Bensalem, PAJuly 16, 2017
everyone is very friendly. The park alway clean, the culture that they build over their is a type of culture that a young person would like to start off. Before moving on to any other thing.
good job just a few cons
Ride Host (Former Employee) –  Longhorne,PAJuly 10, 2017
Sesame place was a very good job just except the fact that it was very unorganized with the schedules and rotations and also sometimes late breaks but overall a very great job I recommend it
Pros
Discounts also getting in any park free
Cons
Short breaks, heat sickness
Great enviorment
Lifeguard (Current Employee) –  Langhorne, PAJune 26, 2017
Always fast paced and very crowded with people from all over the world.
hardest part of the job is dealing with the heat and the angry guest that cannot be patient
Pros
discounts, free entry
Cons
no free food
First job
Lifeguard (Seasonal) (Current Employee) –  Langhorne, PAJune 23, 2017
It was my first job and it wasn't that bad. Towards the end I started hating it. Management sucks. Long hours. Short breaks for such long shifts. Annoying coworkers.
Pros
Reduced food; made a lot of friends
Cons
Short breaks. Long hours.
An alright first job to dive into.
Culinary Supervisor, Culinary Associate (Former Employee) –  Langhorne, PAJune 20, 2017
Walk in and set up. As a supervisor everything needed to be operational before your employees walked in so that they may be divided into groups for specific tasks. Food safety was a great takeaway for me. Your job function was a checklist. Handle tills, assign and drop, disciplinary actions which by the way was really never handled unless you stole money. The best part was being part of a tight group which fell apart at the end. Management got really bad after 2013. Bring in a new manager from a different setting and immediately they pressure you to do things their way and it didn't matter how obtuse and ridiculous it was IT HAD TO BE DONE. At the end of my time working here my hours were restricted as I could no longer obtain overtime. Which sucked since I would grab as much time as I could then.
Pros
Free lunch for culinary
Cons
short breaks, no guaranteed hours.
It's a good first job
Culinary Operations Host/Hostess (Former Employee) –  Langhorne, PAJune 19, 2017
As a first job, sesame place is a good start. It helps you save and become independent. It's bi weekly pay & they really work well with your schedule.
An exhausting endeavor run by teenagers
Assistant Supervisor-Culinary (Former Employee) –  Langhorne, PAJune 19, 2017
From talking to other employees, the sentiment seems to be the same across the board, the people that work there are generally great, but it's retail, and no one visiting the park is happy. The workforce is also made up mostly of teenagers who are inexperienced, you cannot fault them for that, it just makes for some crummy situations.
Pros
Free tickets, 401k, nice people
Cons
no professionalism, overworked, under paid, under appreciated
I didn't enjoy my sesame experience
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Langhorne, PAJune 5, 2017
Management was aweful, it was run by younger people who had little clue on what hard work is. I remember most of the time they would sit around and blast music, along with talking to employees who refused to work.
fun and convenient for high school and college students
Culinary Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Langhorne, PAMay 22, 2017
sesame place typically hires anyone with two legs and a heart beat. it's very hard NOT to get hired their. you get to pick which department you want to work in (ex. culinary, dry/wet rides, ticket sales) it's convenient because it's an amusement park only open during the summer. pay is alright for the age group the workers are but expect not to have much of a social life because you will ALWAYS be working during the season.
Fun work place, complimentary tickets
Culinary Hostess (Former Employee) –  Langhorne, PAMay 16, 2017
Sesame Place is a fun environment to work in if your a teenager otherwise you wouldn't like it. You get free complimentary tickets to all of the sea world amusement parks and others. Sometimes I had to beg for hours because others would get more.
Pros
fun enviorment
Cons
short breaks, young people are in charge
Stressful Environment
Culinary Operations (Former Employee) –  Langhorne, PAMay 16, 2017
I was good friends with everyone I work and I was also a hard worker, ultimately this screwed me. Since I worked hard and I was reliable, I got stuck doing the job that at least 3 people should be working on. We were always overstaffed but half of the staff are lazy teens- so - I typically ended up getting sent home early because we were overstaffed, despite the fact I was actually working. Supervisors were incredibly harsh and I got yelled at even though I was always working on something. Overall a terrible experience. I felt overworked often and there was constant yelling and chaos. Although the specific tasks of my job were not hard, the sheer amount that I had to do (and often in a short amount of time) was incredibly stressful. Too much was expected of me at times when I simply could not do the job of 3 people
Pros
free lunch, flexible hours
Cons
short breaks, bad pay
No Review
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Langhorne, PAMay 9, 2017
This was many years ago. It was a great environment to work in and gained good skills working there as teenager. I would recommend anyone at that age to work there for the work experience.
its aok job for young people
Culinary Operations (Former Employee) –  Langhorne, PAMay 4, 2017
Its a fun place to work at but its for young people not for older adults you need the patience to work with young people but dont be discourage also you can gain experience and learn new things
Pros
culinary employees eat free
Cons
a lot of standing and working a very business place seasonal work
fun work place environment
Game host/ cashier (Current Employee) –  Lancaster, PAApril 17, 2017
a nice place to work they offer a lot of deals for employees and try to make employees as comfortable as possible. one of the hardest parts about work at sesame is when you have to handle situations on your own without a manger close by and you really don't have a clear answer
Pros
free tickets, discounts
Cons
not enough hours