Set and Service Resources Employee Reviews in United States

A true equal opportunity employer !
Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCNovember 26, 2015
This company provides multiple levels of experience. Also, as your experience grows , so does your advancement in the company. They also provide competitive wages. It's a nice company to work for.
Neat idea, not enough work cancel more than assign
Minion (Current Employee) –  Lexington, KYJanuary 6, 2016
You get to pick when an where. So thats good, but theres no pay in the mileage. They stop sending email notices randomly, they say first come but theyre screening who gets which. The dates you pick are always cancelled, maybe one out of 20 wont be. You cancel an get pointed, they cancel its just normal. Some of the leads are morons, ie kevin spauge. You spend all night moving heavy stuff to move it right back because their clueless af. You have those people that show up, but have nothing to work with an want to lose your stuff. Was fun to try, but a joke
Pros
Pick the dates an spots
Cons
The leads, the lack of work an all the cancelled jobs
I enjoyed my time here
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Pennsylvania, Florida, and GeorgiaNovember 5, 2015
A normal day was showing up meeting my co workers and merchandise the products. I worked with many good people through the years here but the work was not steady enough.
Pros
Met many good people working this job
Cons
The management did not back the employees.
Good Work Ethic
Merchandiser and Marketing (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FloridaOctober 14, 2015
Employees work and seek advancement as quickly as possible. There does not appear to any favoritism, but rather hard work and customer service make this position enjoyable.
Job is very accommodating as far as scheduling
Reset Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSDecember 3, 2015
Love how easy it is to pick up local reset jobs thru this company. Time keeping is done electronically and the pay is always well worth the amount of work posted on their listings.
Pros
Very minimal interaction with customers.
Cons
some or little availabilty at times
productive not enough hours
Lead Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLNovember 18, 2015
productive good job but not enough hours so I need something better with more hours and more sturdy so I can save money....................
Answered customers questions reguarding store merchandise, styled window displays, assembled promotional displays, coordinated availability of product
RETAIL MERCHANDISER (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 22, 2015
Nice place to work, always have something to do, Set and Service is growing very rapidly and you get nice benefiits also sometimes they supply lunch
Pros
Long Breaks
Cons
Healthcare
I only work part time I get to pick where and when
Merchandising (Current Employee) –  NCJanuary 5, 2014
It's nothing special, the people we I work with are experienced
never rookies that are sent in for the body count. That is the hardest part working with people who don't know and won't ask. Management is usually whoever we are working with last week it was an electronic store they were great helped us all very much. I have learned if it is a little different than what I am used to I ask the ones who make it look easy. Merchandising is all the same cleaning, organizing, than putting it back according to schematic. At the same time its all different each client has their own way they want it done. So I have learned to pay attention to direction you won't have to do it again. Most enjoyable part is putting the tags up, not just done but done well old school.
Pros
picking the gigs
Cons
an hour lunch
Working without alot of supervision
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, MEJuly 2, 2014
Unpleasant work environment, co-workers are not happy or team players. Benefits pricey, Management hard to be able to communicate with
Place where you can get some hours if you are willing to work hard to get and keep them
Retail Remodel and Resets (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCAugust 4, 2014
There is a lot of hours of work with this company if you are willing to work really hard and have a few breaks. Management can be very thankful but also not well trained and have poor people skills. The hardest part of the job is working while stores are open and the temperatures get a little excessive. You will get very dirty and work really hard.
Pros
good money because of the hours
Cons
hard work

Want to know more about Set and Service Resources?

Ask a question
It a job that pays but not steady
Associate (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCJanuary 10, 2015
We are required to changing out discontinued products and rearranging shelves to accommodate the new product to replace the discontinued items. These changes were done by using a plan O Grams (POG) to put product back on shelves. It is something like a blueprint. The POG was used to change the elevations on metal stationary shelves to the right height. In all situations you had to have a measuring tape, two screw drivers 1/4" flat head and a #2 Phillips these tool you had to have. In some cases you needed a standard claw hammer and crow-bar. If required the boss would use a sledge hammer and a pry tool.
Pros
you were paid for showing up. and paid for miles if over 50 miles
Cons
did not pay for motels when over night any time.
The key is detail
Associate (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCJuly 5, 2013
Accept job placement
Make it to job location
Enter associate ID in department store phone
Unpack inventory going on shelves
Use of power tools
Set demos accordingly
I learned to be very detailed
Management was good
change of co workers but overall positive
No Hard parts at all
Had to complete projects as request on deadline
Pros
was responsible for my own outcome
Cons
nothing
Great work for retired person
Independent Contractor/Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOSeptember 26, 2012
Working independently, time management, usually worked with a group of no more the tow or three for each product. The hardest part of the job was the climbing up over six feet hieghts. Enjoyed the traveling to different vendors and cities.
Pros
working independently
Cons
driving to different sites at night.
Can't get paid
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  UtahSeptember 26, 2014
Do a 9 day job have to wait a month to get paid in full. I have filed a wage claim case against this company with the Utah Labor Commission; do to the fact that I was laid off the day before the job ended, and was told that I would not receive a check for 4 days out of the 8 that I worked until 9 days later, then I would receive another check a week later for the last 4 days that I worked. So lets see here.....I work and bust my but for 8 days get laid off and then have to wait a month to get paid. WRONG!!!!!! IT IS AGAINST THE LAW NOT TO PAY WITHIN 24 HOURS IF YOU ARE LAID OFF OR TERMINATED IN THE STATE OF UTAH. My husband who is a regional supervisor for a future 500 telecom company feels and believes that this is a fly by night company. Family Dollar hirers a Union company to do all the electrical but uses this company for merchandising.
Yeah they will give you a lot of work on your dashboard and send you to lots of jobs; though you will have to wait a month of Sundays to get paid for them.
Pros
some what good pay
Cons
waiting to get paid
Company will Block you from jobs and not Tell you
merchandiser (Former Employee) –  oklahomaNovember 17, 2014
I just recently found out I had been blocked from some job or company (they are contracted too) and for several months nobody contacted me or informed me of this. Now I can't get anybody to answer the phones at this company to get a explaination
I deserve that much at least
Pros
pay is average
Cons
not enough work to keep you busy; not for sure if you will get approved for positions you apply for
Bad experience from day one
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  USAFebruary 24, 2014
When I applied to work here I had applied for something totally different than the job I was sent to. The client that was running the show had no clue about anything and kept everyone confused. The client was non stop on everyone's case and if you got caught even just going to the restroom you were questioned as to where you were at. Even if you were just trying to figure out the way something was installed you were asked what you were doing and why.They were slave drivers and you were watched like a prisoner. By the end of the job you were beat up from the work and felt like someone had beaten you, extremely sore and could hardly walk from being worked to death.
Merchandiser
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  EverywhereDecember 10, 2012
One of the worst companies to work for. They are not reliable. They take forever to approve pay. It's too hard of labor for the small amount you are paid. Long hours. Not a good company to be employed by.
Great for Supplementing your work
Staffing (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCJune 3, 2014
Great company to work with - most of work communication is done over website and email. You can pick when you want to work and work with different companies
Pros
flexible schedule, friendly management
Cons
work not guaranteed
Very good placeholder job
Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  New Haven, ILMarch 8, 2015
I've enjoyed this position greatly, as it's very flexible (you sign up for each assignment) and it pays decently. I'd recommend this to anyone in a rural area who doesn't have connections with the locals.
Pros
flexible hours, decent pay
Cons
planograms can be difficult to read
Merchandiser
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCAugust 16, 2014
Not enough work. No training. Have to apply for each store and hope your are chosen. Compensation for travel is not enough.

2.8