Seton Family of Hospitals

Seton Family of Hospitals Employee Reviews

Busy small outpatient clinic
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXFebruary 16, 2017
A typical day working as a customer service representative consists of checking in and checking out patients of their appointments. Scheduling follow up appointments. Answering any and all questions concerning the clinic. Correspond with insurance and registration departments to insure that patients are registered correctly for appointments. Route incoming faxes accordingly. Preparing for future days clinic by making sure that patient has all required labs, referrals and any other orders completed prior to appointment. Collecting co-pay and any outstanding balances. Making sure the physicians are aware of daily activities regarding clinics. Calling patients to confirm appointments days before. Etc.
Great place to work, friendly staff
Security officer 1 (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXNovember 30, 2016
A typical day at work was pretty interesting here, always had to keep an eye out. I learned how to maintain a positive attitude under pressure or stress, dealing with different patients. Management is very understandable here, they are willing to help you learn and grow through-out the company. The hardest part of my job was knowing what to say and how to say it to certain patients, I had patients on suicidal watch, bulimia, etc. and it is sometimes very hard to watch what you say. The most enjoyable part of the Job was coming in to work with a positive mentality and leaving work with a positive mentality. Work safe Home safe is what I always like to say, and trust me having a positive like that works and helps any type of day your having.
Beautiful campus with many resources
Senior Clinical Dietitian Specialist (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXSeptember 6, 2016
Dell Children's Medical Center has been open since 2007; it is a very warm, uplifting environment that is kid-friendly. Employees are stretched very thin due to budget constraints and nurses are recognized often while other disciplines are overlooked.
Pros
Excellent health insurance coverage
Cons
Minimal PTO; hourly; very heavy work load without support
Excellent pay and benefits-but lacks job security
Refund Representative (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXSeptember 7, 2016
Many departments are being contracted to other companies, threatening job security. Also, I have a hard time in my department with knowing who everyone is and what they do. It would be helpful to have an associate directory with pictures and job titles. Otherwise, a great place to work.
Pros
pay, benefits and nice people
Cons
lack of job security
Ltac
Contract Agency Nurse (MSN)/Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INDecember 8, 2016
I worked as both an agency contract nurse and a full time employee for Seton. My clinical skills as well as critical thinking skills were expanded greatly and there was always the opportunity to continue to learn.
productive and fun
Clinical Lab Assistant II (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXFebruary 7, 2017
Great place to work. Just didn't work out with me due to the hours but I would recommend this place to any one who is looking for a job as a phlebotomist.
Good Company
PATIENT ACCESS REPRESENTATIVE II (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXFebruary 6, 2017
Worked there for 2 years , overall great team pay was decent . As for management I never actually saw my management the most was once a month. ........
Place has changed
Business Systems Analyst Lead (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXFebruary 9, 2017
Since the founding Daughters of Charity left two years ago it's essentially become a for-profit outfit. This is a sad turn of events.
great place to work
REIMBURSEMENT SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXOctober 3, 2016
Co-workers can be catty.
Work-life balance is great. Hardest part is getting the bosses to communicate with you on what is happening.
It is wonderful work place to work at! The Mission and Values of Seton are extrodinary!
Revenue Cycle Financial Counselor (Current Employee) –  Austin, TexasApril 12, 2016
Seton Healthcare is a great place to work for!
The management and Leadership are awesome.
Learned a lot and everyone here is friendly and hard driven.
Seton Family of Hospitals
Exercise Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Burnet, TXFebruary 29, 2016
Full-time: 8:00-5:00 Monday-Friday
30-60min for lunch break

operations of the cardiopulmonary rehabilitation program

Worked directly with RN and respiratory therapist
The floor I was on was nice it was the oxygen floor
CNA (Former Employee) –  Troy, NYJanuary 20, 2016
to much foolery from the management but the nurses and staff on the floor was great loved the patients and was please but the management needs some training on how to appreciate the staff they are very nasty
Great place to learn healthcare
Clinical Assistant II (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXDecember 9, 2015
I love the people I work. I give it a thumbs up because we become a family. Management could use some work. I think if they understood what everyone is dealing with in every floor and not making unnecessary changes people and workplace would be much better.
Friendly work environment
Host (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXMay 20, 2015
You learn something new every day working at a hospital, from regular work duties to how to connect with strangers and cheer them up no matter what type of day they are having. my favorite part of working for Seton was being able to make my patients day better with the smallest of things, rather it be a hug or shoulder to cry on, or just giving them someone to talk to, you never know what will make someone's day, the hardest part of the job was when a patient would pass away, trying to comfort their family members.
Billing Rep
Reimbursement Specialist (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXFebruary 9, 2015
Billing Representative includes, not limited to, patient registration, verifying insurance, and data entry of initial and subsequent physician billing. Determine and accepts required payments, including co-pays, and deductibles. Collects and enters all necessary demographic, clinical, billing and insurance information from patients or responsible parties. Follow –up on all outstanding claims as well as appeals and collections. Review and process appropriate refunds. Work on outstanding A/R Reports. Performs special projects when needed. Worked as practice Liaison for Blackstock Clinic. Crossed trained in all departments
Cons
Too Far
Good work place.
Business System Analyst (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJanuary 12, 2015
Seton in general is a good place to work. My suggestions would make sure you negotiate the salary you want to make because raises are minimal unless your in management. Transferring internal will only get you 5% increase in pay not matter if it's a higher paying job. Non-clinical staff are usually the first to be laid off in June everyone walks on egg shell during that time every year.
Pros
flex schedule
Cons
Benefits getting more expensive every year.
It was an enjoyable workplace
HIM Tech. /Administration (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INDecember 17, 2014
I didn't mind going to work because I really liked my boss and co worker. I had never worked in an office or in the medical field before, so I was able to learn quite a bit. The also provided education classes every few months. I was a able to gain a great deal of medical knowlege through them. I was a physical job, and some days my energy level wasn't high. I really enjoyed the atmosphere there. It was both professional and friendly.
Pros
good benefits
Cons
There wasn't room to advance
Excellent place to work in general
Clinical Assistant II (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXDecember 3, 2014
I like working here. It's a great place if you like healthcare, helping people and being a part of the hospital team. There is a strong team working relationship with everyone. Everyone pitches in, everyone has a voice. Most people work very hard and no one ever feels left alone to do a tough job. The management is patient but direct. They give you opportunities to advance, better yourself, and to go to school.
Pros
Hard working team
Cons
Clients can be tough to work with.
Part-time flexiiblity
Admin Assistant, Design/Construction Office (Former Employee) –  Austin, TexasSeptember 28, 2014
My kids were very young, and they allowed me to go on all field trips and work part-time to leave to get my kids from school.

My detail oriented job included working with engineers and purchasers, as well as facility management. I also used a bugdeting and tracking system I had programmed several years earlier.

Advancement from that position was nil, however, and when Austin Grad called I gave it a shot.

SETON was an amazing workplace, and my boss thought enough of me to let me sit in on the new hospital planning meetings. The only wisdom I may have contributed was that the sleep lab wall was shared with a day care.
Pros
Flexibility, comfortable with design and construction
Cons
Limiting, careerwise
5th Floor: Med/Surg Unit
Clinical Assistant II; Unit Clerk (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXMarch 26, 2014
Seton has a great workplace environment. Their name is Seton Family of Hospitals, and it reflects the idea that the entire Unit works as a "family" to produce an effective, less stressful environment for patients and employees. The managers are more than happy to listen to concerns and issues and try to correct them best as possible (given the budget and time). There was one year we did not get a bonus, but we managed to have a fun 'end-of-year' party where employees brought family and friends, danced, and ate from a catered buffet. All-together Seton is a great place to work.
Pros
family atmosphere
Cons
Changing to 12 hour shifts only

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Seton Family of Hospitals. Our community is ready to answer.

Seton Family of Hospitals Reviews by Location