Seton Family of Hospitals

Seton Family of Hospitals Employee Reviews

Could be worse, probably
Patient Access (Current Employee), Austin, TXJune 16, 2015
Humancare is aimed toward the patients, not the employees. Becoming a more profit-driven network. Job security is decent because everyone is so short staffed now that so many people have left.
Enjoyed the learning opportunities within Seton
Patient Access Representative I (Former Employee), Austin, TXJune 11, 2015
Pros: Great benefits
Cons: 30 minute lunch on a 10 hour shift is exhausting, parking a good block away in a parking garage with no security
Pre registered patients for elective surgeries. Verified patient demographics, collected co-pays and deductibles prior to the procedure.
In the ED, I registered patients who came in by EMS or Star Flight. Registered patients who walked into the ED. Collected insurance and identification cards. Scanned the into the system and had the patient sign consent forms and paperwork, as needed.
I learned how important empathy and sympathy are. Management was good for the most part. The hardest part of my job was quitting. Due to unexpected home life changes, I had to resign.
The most enjoyable part of my job was helping others. Putting a smile on faces of those who were hurting in some way or another, maybe ill or those who just needed to vent.
I would love to go back to Seton Family of Hospitals. If offered, the opportunity I would do it.
Friendly work environment
Host (Former Employee), Austin, TXMay 20, 2015
You learn something new every day working at a hospital, from regular work duties to how to connect with strangers and cheer them up no matter what type of day they are having. my favorite part of working for Seton was being able to make my patients day better with the smallest of things, rather it be a hug or shoulder to cry on, or just giving them someone to talk to, you never know what will make someone's day, the hardest part of the job was when a patient would pass away, trying to comfort their family members.
Radiology IT
Business Systems Technician (Former Employee), Austin, TxMay 6, 2015
Pros: Great company
Cons: Lack of managment
Working with the hospital was great. It was always interesting and challenging. The Radiology Team is awesome when i worked there..........
Its a nice place to work, just need more focus on patients than numbers, numbers will grow with happy, and satisfied patients.
PATIENT FINANCIAL SERVICE REP /DENIALS SPECIALIST (Current Employee), SETON ADMINISTRATIVE OFFICES PHILOMENA DRIVE PFSApril 19, 2015
Pros: interacting and working hard as a team
Cons: Management only communicates via email, and never has time to talk with you, when you need them.
Setting up and prioritizing my work, calling insurances on large balance bills asking why claim was not paid per contract and what is needed to get claim processed paid correctly, and in what time frame to prevent past appealing deadlines, Filing claims to insurances on UB04 (hospital claims), and HCFA (physician claims) in a timely fashion, adjusting accounts that were not automatically adjusted by our VRS system, Appealing claims that were denied via phone, or sending appeals certified with key documents to support our case and more. The hardest part is hearing management in our department meetings focus more on quantity, and less on quality, especially if you are treating each patient like it was your own mother, or yourself. The most enjoyable part of my job is when a patient leaves happy and stress free from something we have done as a team working for 1 common goal..
Health Outcomes
Admissions Coordinator (Former Employee), Indianapolis, INFebruary 17, 2015
Pharmaceutical environment. Hardest part of job to is to focus and concentrate. Lots of work to do. Most enjoyable part of my job are the people
Billing Rep
Reimbursement Specialist (Current Employee), Austin, TXFebruary 9, 2015
Cons: too far
Billing Representative includes, not limited to, patient registration, verifying insurance, and data entry of initial and subsequent physician billing. Determine and accepts required payments, including co-pays, and deductibles. Collects and enters all necessary demographic, clinical, billing and insurance information from patients or responsible parties. Follow –up on all outstanding claims as well as appeals and collections. Review and process appropriate refunds. Work on outstanding A/R Reports. Performs special projects when needed. Worked as practice Liaison for Blackstock Clinic. Crossed trained in all departments
Good work place.
Business System Analyst (Former Employee), Austin, TXJanuary 12, 2015
Pros: flex schedule
Cons: benefits getting more expensive every year.
Seton in general is a good place to work. My suggestions would make sure you negotiate the salary you want to make because raises are minimal unless your in management. Transferring internal will only get you 5% increase in pay not matter if it's a higher paying job. Non-clinical staff are usually the first to be laid off in June everyone walks on egg shell during that time every year.
It was an enjoyable workplace
HIM Tech. /Administration (Former Employee), Indianapolis, INDecember 17, 2014
Pros: good benefits
Cons: there wasn't room to advance
I didn't mind going to work because I really liked my boss and co worker. I had never worked in an office or in the medical field before, so I was able to learn quite a bit. The also provided education classes every few months. I was a able to gain a great deal of medical knowlege through them. I was a physical job, and some days my energy level wasn't high. I really enjoyed the atmosphere there. It was both professional and friendly.
Good company, reliable work
Registered Nurse (Former Employee), Austin, TXDecember 8, 2014
Pros: good salary compensation
Learned a great deal, obtained Medical-Surgical certification while employed on adult floor.
Excellent place to work in general
Clinical Assistant II (Current Employee), Austin, TXDecember 3, 2014
Pros: hard working team
Cons: clients can be tough to work with.
I like working here. It's a great place if you like healthcare, helping people and being a part of the hospital team. There is a strong team working relationship with everyone. Everyone pitches in, everyone has a voice. Most people work very hard and no one ever feels left alone to do a tough job. The management is patient but direct. They give you opportunities to advance, better yourself, and to go to school.
Excellent place to work
Clinical Assistant (Current Employee), Burnet, TXNovember 6, 2014
Senior clinic lead, duties include providing patient care in a clinic setting; responsibilities include filing patient charts, looking up patient labs, X rays, calling in patient prescriptions. Filling out patient x-ray forms, lab forms, and other tests ordered by the doctor. Keeping track of drug counts, and maintaining clinic JACO ready.
I had learned a lot about the medical feild as a Medical Assistant
Medical Assistant (Former Employee), Troy, NYNovember 6, 2014
Pros: i learned a lot.
Cons: the hospital was in experience as to what a medical assistant position is.
I enjoyed all of my experience with this hospital. It was a temporary position where I got to get great experience.
Good workplace
Training Consultant (Former Employee), Austin, TXNovember 2, 2014
Good place to work. Conservative environment. My experience with management was that they were positive and continuously providing feedback.
Seton Health
Registration Associate, Patient Registration (Former Employee), Troy, NYOctober 24, 2014
Pros: lunch is required, and flexibility is given for pending appointments
Cons: sometimes it gets very boring working alone
This hospital, Seton Health, St. Mary's Hospital has longevity of its employees. Lots of paperwork and appointments for outpatients.
Part-time flexiiblity
Admin Assistant, Design/Construction Office (Former Employee), Austin, TexasSeptember 28, 2014
Pros: flexibility, comfortable with design and construction
Cons: limiting, careerwise
My kids were very young, and they allowed me to go on all field trips and work part-time to leave to get my kids from school.

My detail oriented job included working with engineers and purchasers, as well as facility management. I also used a bugdeting and tracking system I had programmed several years earlier.

Advancement from that position was nil, however, and when Austin Grad called I gave it a shot.

SETON was an amazing workplace, and my boss thought enough of me to let me sit in on the new hospital planning meetings. The only wisdom I may have contributed was that the sleep lab wall was shared with a day care.
I love my job
Patient Access Representative II (Current Employee), Austin, TXAugust 22, 2014
Pros: great place to work for
Cons: changes
I love Seton because it is a great place to grow and learn new things. The best thing about my job is that I am always busy and doing new things. My co workers are my friends and I feel happy that I work here and we all get along and work well together.
Enjoyed working at Seton
cook (Former Employee), Burnet, TXJune 23, 2014
Pros: nice atomosphere
Cons: no room for advancement
I liked the job and was going to make it a career. but there was no place to advance to in the department.
I was responsible for cooking lunch and diner for the patients.
While I was employed we were voted #1 cafeteria in the Seton Hosp Network Austin, Williamson and Hays.
Also carried a 85% patient satisfaction rating
provides stable work life
Patient Financial Services- Refund Representative (Current Employee), Austin, TXJune 11, 2014
ready to change careers
I recently receive my certification in event planning so this is the career path I am interested in pursuing
New changes coming
EA (Current Employee), Austin, TXJune 10, 2014
Pros: benefits, flex time
Cons: raises
Seton is undergoing a marketing overhaul as well as clinical integration roll out. Will be interesting to see what happens in a few years.

1 2 3

About Seton Family of Hospitals

A not-for-profit organization, the Seton Family is the leading provider of healthcare services in Central Texas, serving an 11-county – Read more

Seton Family of Hospitals Salaries

Registered Nurse
$56,000 per year
Patient Access Representative
$33,500 per year

Seton Family of Hospitals Photos

Love my job on The Big Pink Bus!