Seton Hall University Employee Reviews in United States

I love Seton Hall! Go Pirates!!
Assistant Financial Aid Director (Former Employee) –  South Orange, NJApril 18, 2016
We are all friends and respectful towards one another in the Financial Aid Office. There are a few mean/rude folks in other departments in Enrollment Services.
Nice University
Coordinator School of Graduated Medical Education (Former Employee) –  South Orange, NJ 07079March 22, 2016
Nice place to work, nice campus updated technology the work day is generally very busy with new student issues. The graduate school is very good
Pros
good cafe on site
Cons
A little stingy with raises
Temporary job
Student Worker (Former Employee) –  South Orange, NJFebruary 17, 2016
Love this job! Flexible and caring bosses. So supportive. Just a temporary, ordinary office job, but the people and environment was very great.
Basically gather mail at the mail room scan packages and put them on an excel spread sheet and deliver the mail to the appropriate departments.
Mail Clerk (Former Employee) –  South Orange, NJFebruary 3, 2016
I would come in at typically 9:30 then I would wait for UPS and or Fedex Ground to show up and give us our mail. Me and my coworkers would then divide the mail up for the departments we are assigned to and deliver them either by foot or in a van. The hardest part of the job is when someone was absent there workload was then added to their coworkers. The most enjoyable part was walking around and talking to people in different departments.
Pros
take as long as you need to get the run done
Cons
low pay
Great place to do research
Doctoral Researcher (Current Employee) –  South Orange, NJJanuary 8, 2016
I loved the small research groups and hands on experience. My adviser taught me to think critically and work independently.
Cons
Chemistry seminar series cost
Great School
Research Assistant, Marketing Department (Former Employee) –  South Orange, NJOctober 20, 2015
Graduated a few years ago, but had a great time while at school. And have felt like a respected member of the workforce for attending Seton Hall University.
Great Undergraduate Research in Physics
Lab Assistant (Current Employee) –  South Orange, NJOctober 15, 2015
Seton Hall University provides a great work environment for undergraduate and graduate students to conduct their own research projects. Also, the ability to work with others in your own peer group to develop basic group lab skills was great.
Interesting face paced place to work
Mail Clerk (Current Employee) –  South Orange, NJSeptember 3, 2015
Great place to work with alot of friendly people. Plenty of flexibilty to grow and aquire pay raises. I learned a lot from bosses and co-workers and would reccomend that campus to anyone seeking employment at a University.
Pros
Great school, near a train station
Cons
have to pay for parking
Very productive independent, Excellent Overall
Critical Care Residency (Former Employee) –  Paterson NJAugust 12, 2015
Excellent working environment overall...good working relationship with my staff...multiple group presentations
Fun place to work
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  South Orange, NJJuly 21, 2015
Fun and dynamic place to work. Students keep the work environment "young" and fast-paced. The type of research I was doing was very interesting.
Collegial and Supportive Teaching Environment
Director, Prestigious Fellowships Program (Current Employee) –  South Orange, NJApril 29, 2015
Seton Hall provides a supportive, encouraging, and extremely collegial environment for its faculty members. The administration works closely with the faculty to ensure high academic standards, wide-ranging research opportunities, and excellent teaching.
This place is ok.
University Community Standards Review Board Member (Former Employee) –  South Orange, NJApril 8, 2015
Not a very organized environment, but the student body is energetic and great to work for. Always great to get paid while going to class.
Good place
Teaching Assistant (Current Employee) –  New JerseyMarch 26, 2015
Good work environment, learned more about organic chemistry, and collected hands on experience with number of instruments.
good
Research Student (Current Employee) –  ResearchFebruary 25, 2015
good very nice people nad very good work place. Its great place to work. Nice people and nice friends and good cafeteria.
Higher Education
Assistant Director (Current Employee) –  South Orange, NJFebruary 23, 2015
working on a college campus can be exciting and busy, but the rewards of helping teenagers transition into young adulthood, is rewarding.
had nice education and work experience
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  South Orange, NJJanuary 21, 2015
First Job at USA. Nice experience while working towards my master degree. Learned lots of Job skills.
Productive and fun
Desktop Support Technician (Former Employee) –  South Orange, NJJanuary 19, 2015
A contract assignment, A Productive and fun work place, helping college student with computer technical support help.
Great co-workers
Desk Assistant (Former Employee) –  South Orange, NJJanuary 2, 2015
A typical day at work can range from being very slow, which is great when you want to get work done, to hectic, when there are many people wanting to enter the building. I learned how to multi-task better since I had to do many things at once and still be polite to the people coming and going. Hardest part of the job were Friday nights and weekends because residents would sign in many guests. The process for sign in is tedious and takes up a lot of time. I loved the people I worked with. The other assistants and resident assistants were such a joy to be around.
Pros
great people
Cons
low pay
part time work for a realtor.
Sr. Microfilm Clerk (Current Employee) –  South Orange, NJDecember 15, 2014
Answering phones, taking apartment complaints, helping walk in customers, typing letters, photocopying, and filing. My co workers and management were realtors so they were always on the phones or out of the office. The job was not really hard but if I have to say harderst part would be just keeping everything organized and messages taken properly. Enjoyabe part of my job was dealing with the customers.
Pros
pleasant work place
Cons
getting paid on time.
Bad
Student Computer Technician (Former Employee) –  South Orange, NJNovember 14, 2014
Management does not know what they are doing, constant implementation of useless policies.