Seton Hall University Employee Reviews

Good atmosphere
Desk Assistant, Housing Residence Life (Current Employee) –  South Orange, NJApril 18, 2017
Seton Hall has a good atmosphere. This means a friendly staff and friendly students/ parents. There is much diversity on campus and around campus. I've worked for the housing and IT departments here.
Great place to work.
Financial Aid Advisor (Former Employee) –  South Orange, NJMarch 8, 2017
After graduating from Seton Hall with an Accounting degree, I was able to find a job in the Financial Aid department. While working for Seton Hall, I earned a Masters in Educational Leadership.

Seton Hall was my first career job and it was a great experience.
Pros
Lots of opportunity for growth
Cons
New Oracle ERP software was implemented while working there.
Never a dull moment with Theater
Stage Manager (Current Employee) –  South Orange, NJMarch 2, 2017
Working with Seton Hall Theater has opened my eyes to working with professionals as a full-time student. The hardest part of my job was balancing school work and having 5-6 hour rehearsals six days a week for some productions. I have worked with professionals and students that I have had classes with. The most enjoyable part of working with Seton Hall Theater has been the chance to work in the last remaining theatre-in-the-round in the state.
Pros
Sometimes free coffee, unforgettable times
Cons
Not being paid, Unprofessionalism displayed at times
Relaxed and Fun environement
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  South Orange, NJFebruary 23, 2017
Working at PC support at Seton Hall is a fun experience. You get to not only interact with your student body but with professors as well as you help them with their day to day computer problems.
Pros
Flexible work schedule, good workplace culture
Cons
Pay is not the best
Adjunct Writing Instructor (Current Employee) –  South Orange, NJJanuary 20, 2017
Seton Hall is an awesome place to work, but they do not compensate their adjunct professors all that well. The students are great and fun to teach. My department has a great culture.
NIce place to work
Sports poll worker (Current Employee) –  South Orange, NJDecember 16, 2016
it was fun working at the sports poll. I like the team I worked with as well. I learned a lot from them. I worked under a relaxed atmosphere without much stress.
Pros
Free lunch and dinner sometimes
Cons
short breaks
Print Shop Clerk (Current Employee) –  South Orange, NJNovember 8, 2016
Great atmosphere, people are family oriented. Higher learning available to myself and family. Decent medical and dental benefits. Excellent thanksgiving and winter breaks.
Nice for a student
Graduate Assistant (Former Employee) –  South Orange, NJAugust 27, 2016
It was a nice place to work, but obviously I wasn't advancing since it's just an assistantship. Also the pay is unfortunate, but that's academia.
Excellent Education and Learning Experience
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  South Orange, NJJuly 23, 2016
I spent 9 years at Seton Hall teaching various undergraduate and graduate laboratories. I also took classes toward a Ph.D. in Molecular Bioscience and worked as a research assistant. The professors were all dedicated to teaching science and passing on varied laboratory experiences. I enjoyed working with students both in and out of the lab and loved interacting with all of the faculy.
Pros
Varied Experience
I love Seton Hall! Go Pirates!!
Assistant Financial Aid Director (Former Employee) –  South Orange, NJApril 18, 2016
We are all friends and respectful towards one another in the Financial Aid Office. There are a few mean/rude folks in other departments in Enrollment Services.
Nice University
Coordinator School of Graduated Medical Education (Former Employee) –  South Orange, NJ 07079March 22, 2016
Nice place to work, nice campus updated technology the work day is generally very busy with new student issues. The graduate school is very good
Pros
good cafe on site
Cons
A little stingy with raises
Temporary job
Student Worker (Former Employee) –  South Orange, NJFebruary 17, 2016
Love this job! Flexible and caring bosses. So supportive. Just a temporary, ordinary office job, but the people and environment was very great.
Basically gather mail at the mail room scan packages and put them on an excel spread sheet and deliver the mail to the appropriate departments.
Mail Clerk (Former Employee) –  South Orange, NJFebruary 3, 2016
I would come in at typically 9:30 then I would wait for UPS and or Fedex Ground to show up and give us our mail. Me and my coworkers would then divide the mail up for the departments we are assigned to and deliver them either by foot or in a van. The hardest part of the job is when someone was absent there workload was then added to their coworkers. The most enjoyable part was walking around and talking to people in different departments.
Pros
take as long as you need to get the run done
Cons
low pay
Mentoring
University Supervisor (Former Employee) –  South Orange, NJJanuary 9, 2016
The most rewarding part was mentoring interns/student teachers and graduate students preparing them for the teaching profession as well as seeing them hired by various school districts. I also had the opportunity visiting urban/suburban/charter and parochial schools on a daily basis in both central and northern NJ which afforded me the opportunity to observe my students in different settings. The hardest part was submitting extensive evaluation forms in a timely manner.
Pros
Giving back to the teaching profession.
Cons
High expectation along with low compensation
Great place to do research
Doctoral Researcher (Current Employee) –  South Orange, NJJanuary 8, 2016
I loved the small research groups and hands on experience. My adviser taught me to think critically and work independently.
Cons
Chemistry seminar series cost
Great School
Research Assistant, Marketing Department (Former Employee) –  South Orange, NJOctober 20, 2015
Graduated a few years ago, but had a great time while at school. And have felt like a respected member of the workforce for attending Seton Hall University.
Great Undergraduate Research in Physics
Lab Assistant (Current Employee) –  South Orange, NJOctober 15, 2015
Seton Hall University provides a great work environment for undergraduate and graduate students to conduct their own research projects. Also, the ability to work with others in your own peer group to develop basic group lab skills was great.
Interesting face paced place to work
Mail Clerk (Current Employee) –  South Orange, NJSeptember 3, 2015
Great place to work with alot of friendly people. Plenty of flexibilty to grow and aquire pay raises. I learned a lot from bosses and co-workers and would reccomend that campus to anyone seeking employment at a University.
Pros
Great school, near a train station
Cons
have to pay for parking
Very productive independent, Excellent Overall
Critical Care Residency (Former Employee) –  Paterson NJAugust 12, 2015
Excellent working environment overall...good working relationship with my staff...multiple group presentations
Fun place to work
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  South Orange, NJJuly 21, 2015
Fun and dynamic place to work. Students keep the work environment "young" and fast-paced. The type of research I was doing was very interesting.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Seton Hall University. Our community is ready to answer.

Seton Hall University Reviews by Location