Seton Healthcare Family Employee Reviews

Fixed Asset Accountant
Fixed Asset Accountant (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXSeptember 30, 2015
Maintain all Fixed Assets and supporting schedules; prepare monthly journals and conduct quarterly closing activities; research & prepare account reconciliations; prepare internal and external reports; prepare schedule for external auditors in connection with the year end audit process; assist with month end close activities; create CIP accounts; and maintain all leases to include Real Estate, Equipment, Information and Ground leases.
Pros
great teamwork and employee moral
Cons
in Austin TX
Family environment
Senior Department Assistant (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXSeptember 19, 2015
Seton has a family atmosphere that I love. Working with people who are passionate about their work is what I have found here. The best healthcare organization in Austin to work for!
Pros
Family environment
Cons
Limited advancement opportunities for non-clinical staff
poor management
Nurse (Current Employee) –  Burnet, TXAugust 25, 2015
poor management, unable to advance, excessive drama, lack of teamwork
Monday-Friday 8-5, no weekends (except volunteer work which is required), no holidays
Seasons Information Technology Executive
Office of the CIO, Strategy & Planning (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXJuly 1, 2015
My role at Ascension Information Services (AIS) is to support the office of the CIO to ensure tight alignment with the stakeholders within the Seton Family of Hospitals. I work with business leaders to ensure there is clarity between their core objectives and the portfolio of IT projects & resources we manage.

Prior to my role at AIS, I spent many years focused on leading edge technologies like converged infrastructure platforms & world class datacenters. At EMC I was a Client Solutions Director focused on architecting hybrid cloud solutions for the Fortune 500. After EMC, I worked with CyrusOne where my goal was to buy, build, fill and grow CyrusOne's global datacenter footprint. I was tasked with working with the world’s largest real estate brokers, Global 1000 companies and partners to help CyrusOne become the largest datacenter co-location company in the world.

Prior to my years in infrastructure, I spent many years in Systems Integration & Management Consulting where I served as a Global Account Director for some of largest companies in the world. Through my years in consulting, I was responsible for managing hundreds of millions of dollars and global teams with over 150+ resources and projects including business, digital & mobility transformations, cloud enablement and full scale ITO & BPO initiatives.

Lastly, I began my career at Trilogy here in Austin. I held a number of roles in my 6 years there including a performance database engineer, Frontline Help Desk Manager, Client Partner and finally the Director of the Post Deployment Group where I was responsible
  more... for running the most profitable business unit at Trilogy..

I am an active philanthropist and entrepreneur in the Central TX area and participate on numerous boards such as Innotech, Austin Women in Technology, Association of Information Technology Professionals, Austin Planetarium, Association for Corporate Growth & Giddens Elementary PTA chairing our annual STEM Expo for 2013.
Great Place to Work
Administrative Services Manager (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJune 16, 2015
Very enjoyable place to work. I learned how to network within the organization. The hardest part of the job was not being able to balance work and personal lives due to the demands of the job.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
No work/life balance
Disconmected and Out of Control
Respiratory Therapist (Former Employee) –  Burnet TXMarch 1, 2015
I worked here as a Respiratory Therapists for 14 months. This was the worst place I have ever worked. The management has very strong favoritism for the worst employees, if you make them mad (it's easy to do) they will make ridiculous claims against you and management will write you up before they even ask for your side of the story. Very very clickish here. The are out of touch with the real world. If you complain to HR they dont even call back...even after weeks and many message left. If you take a job here be prepared to walk on eggshells because once you make someone mad it's like blood in the water for all of the others. Many of the employees are incompetent and if you try to educate them they take offense and make complaints. Do yourself a favor a don't work here you will hate it.
Pros
paying job
Cons
horrible managers and clinical staff
Excellent Work Environment
Licensed Master Social Worker (LMSW) (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJanuary 11, 2015
Seton was an excellent place to work. It provided a very professional work environment; excellent benefits; encouraged and provided professional development
Pros
provided lcsw supervision
Not Hardly A Good Place To Work!
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Austin, TxDecember 27, 2014
Management is incapable of making sound decisions. Favoritism is clearly based on who you know in management and not what you know.Employee Insurance horrible. Employees are always bickering amongst each other.
Pros
couldn't think of one
Cons
management never around and never listen to real issues
Small Town Politics Rule
Patient Access Rep I (Former Employee) –  Seton Highland LakesDecember 5, 2014
The problem at Seton Highland Lakes is the Clinic Director and Managers. The hospital claims to be one of the best places to work, but that statement is only true if you work in Austin. At SHL you have to be directly related to or a friend of the Clinical Director and her children in order to be considered for advancement in employment. The same goes for the clinic manager. They get all their children and their children's spouses and friends hired and then promote them all, most undeservingly, and one even quit, then got rehired WITH a promotion. It is ludicrous. The employees who work hard and know their job inside and out get used and abused with no recognition.

Your only saving grace at SHL is several of the Physicians and Providers.

I do not recommend SHL.
Pros
most of the physicians/providers are amazing.
Cons
management and supervisors
productive and reliable place to work
Clinical Assistant II (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXOctober 31, 2014
patient load is heavy usually but it keeps you busy. so if your an active person and like to stay busy this is for you.

Want to know more about Seton Healthcare Family?

Ask a question
Nice people, poor management
Business Systems Administrator (Former Employee) –  AustinAugust 14, 2014
The company makes poor I.T. related decisions without consulting their I.T. professionals.

The company mismanages their money.

The people who work there are dedicated to their jobs and their patients and most have their hearts in the right place.
Pros
great coworkers, a job that makes a difference
Cons
little to no room for advancement, management is very inconsistant
Nonprofit Healthcare Organization
Director, Clinical Service Line (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXJuly 8, 2014
Healthcare organization that is working to balance innovative care strategies with the constant changing healthcare environment.
great place to work
LVN, Field Nurse (Current Employee) –  Smithville, TXJune 25, 2014
i started off working at smithville regional hospital as a floor nurse on med/surg. after a year i moved over to home health where i currently work.
Excellent team work
Chaplain Resident (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJune 22, 2014
The interdisciplinary team here is dedicated to fulfilling the Seton Core Value statement of excellent, compassionate care to all, in particular the poor.

Every voice is heard and respected during rounds and care conferences with a group effort to deliver the best service to the patients.

Seton associates are reminded that their work is not just a job, but a ministry, and that dedication is seen in the top officers as well as hourly employees.
Not Employee Friendly
Contract Specialist (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXFebruary 26, 2014
Prefers to hire contractors to perform the work of former Seton associates.
Great co-workers
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXFebruary 19, 2014
Really enjoy my co-workers. Great benefits. What is lacking is job security.
Best Environment I have ever worked in:
Business Systems Technician (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXFebruary 3, 2014
By far the best place I have ever worked.

The people behind the mission of Seton Healthcare believe in the mission and the culture of the agency is a true example of what it means to work in a safe, healthy, positive, learning environment.
Pros
you get to be a part of the mission, not just a number
Was once a great place to work. Now, top talent (and then some) is abandoning ship.
Medical Laboratory Scientist (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXDecember 1, 2013
Resources (human and otherwise) have always been scarce but what we're left with recently is just ridiculous.

Mid-level managers and administration are so disconnected from the reality.

Front line personnel are stuck counseling problem employees, managing critical escalations, etc., when these tasks are so far beyond the scope of their training.

Mid-level managers are either so blatantly disconnected or simply quick to soften the reality (so they look effective) by reporting to administration that all is functioning perfectly.

Low staffing, even lower morale, and increasing apathy among associates insure that a breaking point will be reached soon.
Pros
job security ("it's impossible to get fired from seton!")
Cons
barely capable mid-level managers, completely disconnected administrators, top talent making a mass exodus, no career/professional development
Horrible place to work!
CA (Former Employee) –  Seton Highland LakesSeptember 12, 2013
Worked at Seton Highland lakes for a year and 3 months. 12 hr shifts at night. Most nurses were very unprofessional. One in particular would yell at you in front of other employees and or patients and cuss you!.. Also at certain times of the year they would go into low cencus mode and cut u back to 12 hrs a week. Also supervisor would automatically believe anything the nurses say reguardless of what really happened..your side of the story does not matter!...Might be a good place to work if they actually went by the core values and quit with all the backstabbing! I loved patient care but found the employees to be "clickish" Certain employees could get away anything...
Pros
able to make your own schedule.
Cons
used to have good insurance...not the big happy work family they claim to be.
Just not for me
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXAugust 27, 2013
I worked there for only a short time but long enough to realize it was not for me. As a project manager and being asked to create and run projects to better healthcare sounded like a chance to do something really great. Unfortunately my senior PM and myself could never secure funding from management despite having solid business and project plans.
Pros
great for those in the healthcare industry
Cons
as a pm, hard to get anything done