Seton Healthcare Family Employee Reviews

Run from SPD Horrible Manager
Sterile Processing Technician (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXMarch 17, 2017
I worked for Dell Children for two years in the Sterile Processing Dept. Loved the job itself and the hospital culture. The management and leadership of the surgical services is absolutely horrible and detrimental to your future. Very deceitful supervisors and managers. If you think this is just some random review knocking management, just ask around and you will find out how their employees are quitting this place. Turnover of SPD Techs is astounding. Must be some truth to what I say in this review. Trust in what I say, you do not want to work for this department within this hospital. Stay away from SPD at Dell
Very great company to work with overall
Network Discharge Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXJanuary 26, 2017
I enjoy working for this company great benefits, awesome management, and great tools to assure that we have our input every month. Also make sure we have the correct tools to perform our jobs properly.
Pros
Great benefits, career advancement
Cons
job security
Poor Management
Senior Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXOctober 7, 2016
Management only cares about the bottom line and what they are being told by suits who have no real clue how the clinic actually operates. Management will flip flop coworkers duties at the drop of a hat. When we are short staffed for extended periods of time, the current employees have to absorb extra duties from the ones who abandoned ship after poor treatment by management. When new hires come on, the duties are very rarely redistributed. The employees, therefore, have a giant workload and a lot of stress. When this is brought up to managers, they usually keep a blank expression on their faces, and shrug.

New management, in two years, was responsible for the rampant dismissals and resignations of about ten employees in a 25-employee clinic.
Pros
Great coworkers who truly care about patients, and great doctors.
Cons
Poor management/ Lack of enough advancement opportunities
Worked for seven years with termination on the spot
HAYS (Former Employee) –  Kyle, TXMarch 3, 2017
Sad that you work for a company for seven years and termination is based on politics.Work assignments based on clicks.Poor wages..promised increase in pay..lied too.Treat you like dirt!
Pros
Doctors
Cons
Poor management/nurses inexperienced and emotional
Jobs are Becoming Scarce
Health Information Technician (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXSeptember 30, 2016
Pros:
Good Workforce Community with a faith based background
Work / Life Balance Varies depending on dept.
Management Team Based is Good

Cons:
Job Security has become an issue within the last two years
Limited Advancement
Pay Grade is flawed vs. responsibilities
Management Supervisor based is difficult
Seton is Meh to work for
RN Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Hays, TXOctober 3, 2016
Worked as a RN in a seton ED,
Pros: I enjoyed the staff that was there all great people really worked well together, They also have a RQI system that makes you basically due a skills oriented review of ACLS and PALS every quarter I thought that was cool. The house supervisors and doctors where all very cool.

CONS: The pay is pretty terrible, I would say that they are definitely on the lower end in Austin and Austin is pretty bad when it comes to pay for nurses. Our management is for the most part non existent. Constantly short staffed. There is NO HR department, which can be a moderate inconvenience.

I would probably try out st davids before I worked here again unless you just needed experience at Dale or Brackenridge
Clinical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXOctober 3, 2016
I enjoy the sense of community at Seton. Employees work hard in all areas to provide excellent health care to the citizens of central Texas. 5/7 would work here again.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Corporate bureaucracy
great co-workers, job insecurity (lay-offs)
Language Assistant Interpreter Senior (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXFebruary 14, 2017
Beautiful mission statement and great co-workers who are passionate about their vocation. Too many lay-offs in the past 2 years, since becoming a member of Ascension hospitals. Low job security and low employee morale.
Pros
free coffee, 30 min break per shift
Great benefits
Patient Access Representative II (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXMarch 17, 2017
Seton is becoming more corporate than when I first started so they are starting to care less about the employees which is why they are quick to lay people off.
Pros
Health benefits are great
Cons
lay offs happen often
Great pay and benefits
Reimbursement Specialist (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXNovember 29, 2016
Great pay and benefits, co workers are great and the atmosphere is great, close to home, flex hours available. Work with schedule, free coffee, overall good
Pros
unk
Cons
unk
Great Mission, Great People
Training Specialist I & II (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXDecember 11, 2016
This is a place that really lives out the mission to "care for and improve the health of those we serve, with a special concern for the poor and the vulnerable" and to "be a sign of God's unconditional love for all and believe that all people by their creation are endowed with dignity." Sometimes the commitment to the mission makes business decisions hard and sometimes it gets caught between being a mission and being a business. Nevertheless, inspite of this I love it.
Pros
mission
Cons
interesting business decisions
Interesting place to work
Patient Access Representative Team Lead (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXFebruary 7, 2017
The usual day in the Emergency room is hectic but manageable. I've learned a great deal here from multitasking to managing 26 employees. The most enjoyable part of the job is helping the patients that are poor and vulnerable. Abiding by the mission.
Turnover!
Patient Access Representative II (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXMarch 11, 2017
Seton has a history of turnover. Turnover in business ownership, managers, and staff. I would not recommend Seton as an employer. They also force you to do a survey and strongly encourage you to not be negative so they can win an award.
Its a good place to work
LVNIII (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXMarch 15, 2017
The hardest part of this job is to obtain prior authorizations and provide insurance requirements within a timely manner. Everything else is very enjoyable when it comes to patient care. Ascension guidelines for keeping up to date on employee certifications are becoming tedious.
Awesome place to work
Insurance Verification Representative (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXDecember 21, 2016
Awesome place to work. I love that this is a catholic based ministry that focus on the underinsured. Seton Healthcare are very much involved with helping out the community, being a medical mission drive or toy for tots or meals and coats for the homeless, etc etc.
The hardest part of the job
Inpatient Diabetes Health Promoter (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXMarch 24, 2017
Not coming from a clinical/medical background. I thought I would be helping pioneer the my role in the department and assist with transitions but have been restricted in ability to do so.
A safe, professional, courtesy, polite, and respectful work place.
Customer Service Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJuly 10, 2016
Start of shift take the phone from the dispatcher on duty, communicate of any issues that might have occurred that I need to be aware of. If any immediately start resolving those issues, and take call that come in.
Pros
good pay, and great benefits
Cons
not enough employees to distribute the work properly
Great Work Place
Emergency Room Technician III (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXMarch 20, 2017
Great company to work for. Have been here 8 years, always exciting new things happening. Excited to move into the new facility. Dell Seton Medical Center.
Seton was a great place to work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJuly 14, 2016
I worked there through a temp agency. I enjoyed it while it lasted. There are a lot of nice people that work there. Management was brand new and didn't really know what they were doing. They were nice though. If you're new to customer service, Seton could be overwhelming.
Pros
it was a job
Cons
new management
Exciting Adventure
CT Technologist II / XR Technologist (Current Employee) –  Kyle, TXFebruary 12, 2017
Traveled the world with a group of interesting and well-traveled adventurers. The work is demanding but the time-off cannot be replaced with better experiences.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Seton Healthcare Family. Our community is ready to answer.

2.6