Seton Healthcare Family Employee Reviews

Great pay and benefits
Reimbursement Specialist (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXNovember 29, 2016
Great pay and benefits, co workers are great and the atmosphere is great, close to home, flex hours available. Work with schedule, free coffee, overall good
Pros
unk
Cons
unk
Poor Management
Senior Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXOctober 7, 2016
Management only cares about the bottom line and what they are being told by suits who have no real clue how the clinic actually operates. Management will flip flop coworkers duties at the drop of a hat. When we are short staffed for extended periods of time, the current employees have to absorb extra duties from the ones who abandoned ship after poor treatment by management. When new hires come on, the duties are very rarely redistributed. The employees, therefore, have a giant workload and a lot of stress. When this is brought up to managers, they usually keep a blank expression on their faces, and shrug.

New management, in two years, was responsible for the rampant dismissals and resignations of about ten employees in a 25-employee clinic.
Pros
Great coworkers who truly care about patients, and great doctors.
Cons
Poor management/ Lack of enough advancement opportunities
Clinical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXOctober 3, 2016
I enjoy the sense of community at Seton. Employees work hard in all areas to provide excellent health care to the citizens of central Texas. 5/7 would work here again.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Corporate bureaucracy
Seton is Meh to work for
RN Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Hays, TXOctober 3, 2016
Worked as a RN in a seton ED,
Pros: I enjoyed the staff that was there all great people really worked well together, They also have a RQI system that makes you basically due a skills oriented review of ACLS and PALS every quarter I thought that was cool. The house supervisors and doctors where all very cool.

CONS: The pay is pretty terrible, I would say that they are definitely on the lower end in Austin and Austin is pretty bad when it comes to pay for nurses. Our management is for the most part non existent. Constantly short staffed. There is NO HR department, which can be a moderate inconvenience.

I would probably try out st davids before I worked here again unless you just needed experience at Dale or Brackenridge
Jobs are Becoming Scarce
Health Information Technician (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXSeptember 30, 2016
Pros:
Good Workforce Community with a faith based background
Work / Life Balance Varies depending on dept.
Management Team Based is Good

Cons:
Job Security has become an issue within the last two years
Limited Advancement
Pay Grade is flawed vs. responsibilities
Management Supervisor based is difficult
Great family of co-workers
OB/GYN (Current Employee) –  Kyle, TXSeptember 9, 2016
Working from home was nice, but when all the communication you have is through email you have to wait on a response. You learn to lean on your co-workers for help. Sometimes your boss isn’t the best at communication or professionalism.
It's who you know
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXSeptember 1, 2016
Alot of who you know environment. Some of the staff is rude and disrespectful in front of patients and staff. Not taken seriously when complaint on co-workers. No one wants to communicate when they are arriving late, leavibg leaving for the day or taking a longer lunch than scheduled. Very stressful environment.
Pros
30 minute lunch to get away
Cons
Non-communication, unprofessional and deceitful
Mission
Senior Human Resource Business Partner (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXAugust 10, 2016
Seton is a professional organization with a deep mission and focus to provide care with dignity and respect for everyone in the community.
A safe place to work
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Dell Childrens HospitalAugust 1, 2016
I learned a lot from this company because being supervisor and being in charge of 15 people wasn't easy but I developed a lot of different skills. The hardest thing to learn and master was making the schedules and I had to cover for absent workers.
Fewer and Fewer People/More and More Work
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXJuly 30, 2016
Seton continually cuts staff to meet budget while adding additional work to current staff. Current staff is then held liable to meet the production of previous amount of staff.
Seton was a great place to work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJuly 14, 2016
I worked there through a temp agency. I enjoyed it while it lasted. There are a lot of nice people that work there. Management was brand new and didn't really know what they were doing. They were nice though. If you're new to customer service, Seton could be overwhelming.
Pros
it was a job
Cons
new management
A safe, professional, courtesy, polite, and respectful work place.
Customer Service Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJuly 10, 2016
Start of shift take the phone from the dispatcher on duty, communicate of any issues that might have occurred that I need to be aware of. If any immediately start resolving those issues, and take call that come in.
Pros
good pay, and great benefits
Cons
not enough employees to distribute the work properly
Productive worker
CMA (Current Employee) –  Lockhart, TXMay 31, 2016
I currently work directly with the physician and enjoy everyday that brings a new learning opportunity. I am a new Graduate who is ready to begin a new journey.
i didnt like the way managers handle staff issues
Project Coordinator/Manager (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXMarch 30, 2016
the stuff are great to work with and helpful
However the roles are not so clear and even when they changed you hear all this from the colleagues and nut your supervisor.i felt i was not listened too. management made decisions basing of what they felt was right.
Fixed Asset Accountant
Fixed Asset Accountant (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXSeptember 30, 2015
Maintain all Fixed Assets and supporting schedules; prepare monthly journals and conduct quarterly closing activities; research & prepare account reconciliations; prepare internal and external reports; prepare schedule for external auditors in connection with the year end audit process; assist with month end close activities; create CIP accounts; and maintain all leases to include Real Estate, Equipment, Information and Ground leases.
Pros
great teamwork and employee moral
Cons
in Austin TX
Family environment
Senior Department Assistant (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXSeptember 19, 2015
Seton has a family atmosphere that I love. Working with people who are passionate about their work is what I have found here. The best healthcare organization in Austin to work for!
Pros
Family environment
Cons
Limited advancement opportunities for non-clinical staff
poor management
Nurse (Current Employee) –  Burnet, TXAugust 25, 2015
poor management, unable to advance, excessive drama, lack of teamwork
Monday-Friday 8-5, no weekends (except volunteer work which is required), no holidays
Seasons Information Technology Executive
Office of the CIO, Strategy & Planning (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXJuly 1, 2015
My role at Ascension Information Services (AIS) is to support the office of the CIO to ensure tight alignment with the stakeholders within the Seton Family of Hospitals. I work with business leaders to ensure there is clarity between their core objectives and the portfolio of IT projects & resources we manage.

Prior to my role at AIS, I spent many years focused on leading edge technologies like converged infrastructure platforms & world class datacenters. At EMC I was a Client Solutions Director focused on architecting hybrid cloud solutions for the Fortune 500. After EMC, I worked with CyrusOne where my goal was to buy, build, fill and grow CyrusOne's global datacenter footprint. I was tasked with working with the world’s largest real estate brokers, Global 1000 companies and partners to help CyrusOne become the largest datacenter co-location company in the world.

Prior to my years in infrastructure, I spent many years in Systems Integration & Management Consulting where I served as a Global Account Director for some of largest companies in the world. Through my years in consulting, I was responsible for managing hundreds of millions of dollars and global teams with over 150+ resources and projects including business, digital & mobility transformations, cloud enablement and full scale ITO & BPO initiatives.

Lastly, I began my career at Trilogy here in Austin. I held a number of roles in my 6 years there including a performance database engineer, Frontline Help Desk Manager, Client Partner and finally the Director of the Post Deployment Group where I was responsible
  more... for running the most profitable business unit at Trilogy..

I am an active philanthropist and entrepreneur in the Central TX area and participate on numerous boards such as Innotech, Austin Women in Technology, Association of Information Technology Professionals, Austin Planetarium, Association for Corporate Growth & Giddens Elementary PTA chairing our annual STEM Expo for 2013.
Great Place to Work
Administrative Services Manager (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJune 16, 2015
Very enjoyable place to work. I learned how to network within the organization. The hardest part of the job was not being able to balance work and personal lives due to the demands of the job.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
No work/life balance
Disconmected and Out of Control
Respiratory Therapist (Former Employee) –  Burnet TXMarch 1, 2015
I worked here as a Respiratory Therapists for 14 months. This was the worst place I have ever worked. The management has very strong favoritism for the worst employees, if you make them mad (it's easy to do) they will make ridiculous claims against you and management will write you up before they even ask for your side of the story. Very very clickish here. The are out of touch with the real world. If you complain to HR they dont even call back...even after weeks and many message left. If you take a job here be prepared to walk on eggshells because once you make someone mad it's like blood in the water for all of the others. Many of the employees are incompetent and if you try to educate them they take offense and make complaints. Do yourself a favor a don't work here you will hate it.
Pros
Paying Job
Cons
Horrible managers and clinical staff

2.7