Seton Healthcare Family Employee Reviews

Good culture, but the organization is not financially stable.
Network Education Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXAugust 2, 2017
Seton is a great place to work, but the organization is not financially stable. layoffs occur at least on an annual basis. The organization is constantly changing, mostly with expansion, and this is dealt with on a yearly basis with layoffs.
Pros
Good culture
Cons
Not financially stable
Rewarding Ministry
CPE Resident (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXJuly 20, 2017
The most rewarding part of this job is ministering to patients, their family, and staff. This job is all about building relationships and being present with people in both their highs and lows.
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Kyle, TXJuly 5, 2017
It is a great place to work with really good benefits. It is a good place to retire. I like the office setting. They have really good Doctors and give great care.
Pros
Benefits hours of work m-f 8-5
Cons
The ability to move up is not so great
Dismal Management
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXJune 28, 2017
I've worked at Seton for over 6 years. The changes the company has gone through since the departure of its founding Daughters of Charity are dreadful.
Pros
The organization's Mission is well-intended.
Cons
Current management is the antithesis of the selflessness of Seton's founding Daughters of Charity.
Strong focus on providing healthcare to poor and under served.
ER RN (Former Employee) –  Luling, TXJune 28, 2017
Strong healthcare support for Austin and the surrounding areas. Seton's mission for the poor and indigent is incorporated into each decision. Seton's partnership in surrounding areas such as Luling, Lockhart, Smithville, Burnet and others has kept health care close to home. Strong Nursing involvement with input at all levels.
Pros
Strong focus on community, large variety of positions and locations, opportunity for advancement and education.
Cons
Large conglomeration, demand for higher education for advancement.
everyday work
Certified Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXJune 21, 2017
I have to calibrate our machines get rooms ready for patients. Medications are stocked, bring patients back get vitals Hx, obtain records if needed. Give treatments in clinic if needed. Anything my provider needs be ready to assist. Sometimes parents can be difficult or even the kids but I treat people the way I want to be treated even when it's hard to have patients.
Pros
Reps bring us lunch or breakfast sometimes
Cons
Management :(
Reimbursement Specialist (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXMay 9, 2017
Seton wants you to enjoy your job! They provide flexible schedules and a comfortable work environment. They provide tools and equipment to help you be successful. Management has an open door policy and they encourage you to stop, if needed.
Pros
flexible schedules
Pretty Good
Radiological Technologist (Former Employee) –  Burnet, TXApril 10, 2017
Family like place. Everyone knows each other before too long. Which is okay. Patients are mostly really nice since, again, they're all local. Management is close by and not all in their offices in Austin. Equipment got slowly better over the years.
Pros
Can move up. Benefits are good. Health insurance is great.
Cons
Documentation is insane. Pay isn't as good as most.
Love this company
CA III (Current Employee) –  Kyle, TXApril 9, 2017
Love my boss. Love this company, love our floor. Love how the CEO has an open door, love the ratios for CA to pt, I love the pay, love the insurance, love the flexibility of making my schedule, love vacation time,
Pros
Teamwork
Cons
Great benefits. Can be an awesome place to stay if management were better.
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXApril 6, 2017
I love the benefits Seton offers but certain departments within Seton could be better when it comes to management. Seton would be able to keep some loyal, hardworking employees if they let them have a voice against management without getting black marked.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Providers preferences will always come first even if they are wrong and unfair
The hardest part of the job
Inpatient Diabetes Health Promoter (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXMarch 24, 2017
Not coming from a clinical/medical background. I thought I would be helping pioneer the my role in the department and assist with transitions but have been restricted in ability to do so.
Great Work Place
Emergency Room Technician III (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXMarch 20, 2017
Great company to work for. Have been here 8 years, always exciting new things happening. Excited to move into the new facility. Dell Seton Medical Center.
Run from SPD Horrible Manager
Sterile Processing Technician (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXMarch 17, 2017
I worked for Dell Children for two years in the Sterile Processing Dept. Loved the job itself and the hospital culture. The management and leadership of the surgical services is absolutely horrible and detrimental to your future. Very deceitful supervisors and managers. If you think this is just some random review knocking management, just ask around and you will find out how their employees are quitting this place. Turnover of SPD Techs is astounding. Must be some truth to what I say in this review. Trust in what I say, you do not want to work for this department within this hospital. Stay away from SPD at Dell
Great benefits
Patient Access Representative II (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXMarch 17, 2017
Seton is becoming more corporate than when I first started so they are starting to care less about the employees which is why they are quick to lay people off.
Pros
Health benefits are great
Cons
lay offs happen often
Its a good place to work
LVNIII (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXMarch 15, 2017
The hardest part of this job is to obtain prior authorizations and provide insurance requirements within a timely manner. Everything else is very enjoyable when it comes to patient care. Ascension guidelines for keeping up to date on employee certifications are becoming tedious.
Turnover!
Patient Access Representative II (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXMarch 11, 2017
Seton has a history of turnover. Turnover in business ownership, managers, and staff. I would not recommend Seton as an employer. They also force you to do a survey and strongly encourage you to not be negative so they can win an award.
Worked for seven years with termination on the spot
HAYS (Former Employee) –  Kyle, TXMarch 3, 2017
Sad that you work for a company for seven years and termination is based on politics.Work assignments based on clicks.Poor wages..promised increase in pay..lied too.Treat you like dirt!
Pros
Doctors
Cons
Poor management/nurses inexperienced and emotional
great co-workers, job insecurity (lay-offs)
Language Assistant Interpreter Senior (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXFebruary 14, 2017
Beautiful mission statement and great co-workers who are passionate about their vocation. Too many lay-offs in the past 2 years, since becoming a member of Ascension hospitals. Low job security and low employee morale.
Pros
free coffee, 30 min break per shift
Exciting Adventure
CT Technologist II / XR Technologist (Current Employee) –  Kyle, TXFebruary 12, 2017
Traveled the world with a group of interesting and well-traveled adventurers. The work is demanding but the time-off cannot be replaced with better experiences.
Interesting place to work
Patient Access Representative Team Lead (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXFebruary 7, 2017
The usual day in the Emergency room is hectic but manageable. I've learned a great deal here from multitasking to managing 26 employees. The most enjoyable part of the job is helping the patients that are poor and vulnerable. Abiding by the mission.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Seton Healthcare Family. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8