Seton Hill University Employee Reviews

Flexible work environment
Work Study Student (Former Employee) –  Greensburg, PAMay 16, 2017
Fantastic flexibility, great employees to work with. I learned so much about subjects I was interested in. I was exposed to "real world" environment with professional expectations.
Great Employer
Media Service Specialist (Current Employee) –  Greensburg, PAMay 4, 2017
A typical day at work consists of answering phone calls from both students and professors about technology needs. I have learned how to fix and set up technology used for presentations and everyday classroom use. The job is not hard at all, and I love being able to connect with people and helping them with their problems.
Pros
Good pay, great boss, easy-to-use technology.
Cons
None.
Great experience
Adjunct instructor (Former Employee) –  Greensburg, PAMay 3, 2017
Great opportunity to work as an instructor for my first experience. Supportive faculty. Lots of autonomy to run the class as I planned. Students are very involved in learning. Very rewarding.
Horrible place and environment to work
Full Time Faculty (Current Employee) –  Greensburg, PAFebruary 4, 2017
Worst place to work. Minimum benefit providing to employees due to tiny university budget and their huge budget cuts in last decade. Now my health insurance rate was 20% raised so I am determining to leave the institution. Many of employees, particularly faculty leave the school average normally within 1 or 2 years since their initial appointment. Seton Hill is very challenging to work unless you are a genuine catholic as your religion.
Pros
Many mandatory mass events during the AY
Cons
Low employee benefits (health, retirement, Ss)
Enjoyable, learning place to work
E- Magnify- Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  PASeptember 26, 2016
This work study experience allowed me to gain an abundance of knowledge as I learned the depth of the commencement of Small Business and how they develop. Typically quiet setting, with fun loving staff.
Pros
Free giveaways (gift cards and candy)
Cons
Not busy enough
Productive workplace with great learning environment
Lab Technician (Current Employee) –  Greensburg, PAApril 10, 2016
A typical day consists of washing glassware, pipetting DNA samples, preparing agarose gels, preparing phenolphthalein solutions, preparing other solutions for lab use, and setting up mock crime scenes for each of the classes. I have learned how DNA interacts with various chemicals and how much testing goes into determining if a stain actually contains blood and DNA. I have learned how to make TAE solution as well. Management works well with students to assist them in preparation of samples and understanding what needs to be done. I thoroughly enjoyed all aspects of this job.
Very productive and difficult work that challenges me on a daily basis.
Apprentice Theater Technician and Scenic Carpenter (Current Employee) –  Greensburg, PAJanuary 3, 2016
On a daily basis I do woodworking actives and metalworking activities in order to build sets for theatre shows at the Seton Hill Performing Arts Center. I have learned a vast amount of handy skills with tools and materials, as well as problem solving and team work in many different ways. My co-workers are generally hard working and easy to get along with, which makes them my favorites part of the job. The most difficult part of the job is hanging heavy items in the catwalks, twenty-five feet in the air. It can be challenging and dangerous so it requires a lot of attention, so I am usually assigned to the task since I am good at paying attention to detail.
Marriage and and Family Therapy is an excellent program
Marriage and Family Therapy Intern (Current Employee) –  Greensburg, PASeptember 22, 2015
I am currently working as an intern toward my MA in Marriage and Family Therapy.I am not sure how helpful this job review will be as I am a student but SHU is a great school and the MFT program is challenging and rewarding.
Work study job
Clerical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Greensburg, PASeptember 17, 2015
It is a great school. Everyone gets along great. The admissions office is a great place to work for work study. The work well around class schedule or sports and ease you into clerical work
Great Learning Experience
Stitcher (Former Employee) –  Greensburg, PASeptember 2, 2015
Typical days of work varied from assisting in fittings to altering clothes or building costume pieces.
I learned to use a lot of equipment from domestic sewing machines to industrial irons as well as hand sewing techniques.
My co-workers were fellow students and the atmosphere was generally happy, but hard-working.
The hardest part of the job was making decisions when I was in design positions, but the most enjoyable part was seeing them on stage in productions.
I worked at Seton Hill for Xerox Corporation
Campus Post Office Technician (Former Employee) –  Greensburg, PAJuly 22, 2015
Seton Hill University was a wonderful place to work. I worked for Xerox Corp. as they are sub-contracted to run the campus post office, copy/print center, and service the printers on campus. I was trained to do all aspects of all 3 services and then trained others to do them as well. My typical day was to pick up mail at the US Post Office for the campus. Then we sorted and logged in what was received from there and from UPS and FedEx. We delivered the mail and ran the customer window providing package pick-up and selling stamps to students and staff. We posted all out going mail. When deliveries around campus were finished I would then work at the print center making print ready copies and books, etc., or I would work in the bulk mail office producing out going bulk mailings for campus departments. I would sometimes have to service printers that were having issues.

Xerox hired me and placed me in a temp agency saying that it was to be temporary and that I would be hired when a position opened up. For 3 years they told me that I was to be hired next but that there was a hiring freeze. Then the company eliminated all temp positions and gave our jobs to displaced workers after they shut down some operations in Pittsburgh.

Xerox's management was sub-par. They promoted profit over employee well being. We were always under staffed. I never saw anyone under the age of 40, or that hadn't been with the company for less than 10 years working for them (with the exemption of the temp workers).
I would not recommend working for Xerox to anyone.
Pros
Friendly people, lots of campus activities, busy work day
Cons
no benefits, no job advancement, wasn't treated with respect by some Xerox employees
Fun, and excellent work environment
Post Office Clerk (Current Employee) –  Greensburg, PAMay 29, 2015
Its a work study position. In a typical work day there wasn't to much to do. You had the mail delivery, which took only 45 minuted to an hour to complete, then you sorted mail for the rest of the day. The job was fun, and fast paced. Never a dull moment
Diverse workplace that provides excellent medical services to student-athletes
Assistant Athletic Trainer (Current Employee) –  Greensburg, PAMay 7, 2015
Seton Hill provides a high paced environment that strives to make student-athletes better both in the class room and athletically. It accommodates all schedules to provide the best medical care possible.
Great environment.
Clerical Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Greensburg, PAFebruary 20, 2015
A typical day at work involved filing paperwork, sending out the weekly mailings, and doing data entry for prospective students.

I learned that repetition is actually quite relaxing.

Management is fabulous. Absolutely loved my boss.

My co-workers were other students employed in the office. All very nice and hardworking.

The hardest part of the job was when the computers would print things out the wrong way, and everything had to be started over multiple times or the mailings would be incorrect.

The most enjoyable part of the job was having a boss who actually sat down with you and asked you about your life and was genuinely interested in what you had to say. It's nice having a boss who isn't strictly business.
Pros
Extremely friendly boss
Very enriching experience culturally speaking
Adjunct Teacher Program - Spanish 2 J-term (Former Employee) –  Greensburg, PAApril 9, 2014
State of the art vision on how to integrate technology in the classroom environment.

Focus on maximizing resources and time.

Engagement of students in the educational system outcome.

Management Crew always concern to respond to teachers availability of resources.

Students really into techonology implementation, one that hinders social interaction as a means to to meaningful success.
Pros
Full access to technological resources
Cons
Lack of human contact skills
a kitchen job
Kitchen Assistant (Former Employee) –  greensburg paMarch 3, 2014
was a kitchen job

khlkh;jlkjljlkj;klj;klj;kj;
nonetheless
Work-study
Office Assistant (Current Employee) –  Greensburg, PAOctober 13, 2013
Great working environment. However, I am working as a work-study student and not as a salaried employee, but I truly enjoy my job.
Don't work here
Resident Assistant (Former Employee) –  Greensburg, PAJune 20, 2013
College working here is very discriminatory and poorly managed.
Pros
you get payed
Cons
everything.
Rewarding work
Resident Assistant (Former Employee) –  Greensburg, PAApril 18, 2013
Oversee day to day behavior in Residence Hall, submit reports on any disciplinaries or counseling given to students, plan and execute events/activities
Pros
free room and board
Cons
always on the job
Great community and overall involvement
Graphic Design Assistant (Current Employee) –  Greensburg, PASeptember 23, 2012
Working at a school that I attend is amazing. I get to experience a great deal of community at Seton Hill.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Seton Hill University. Our community is ready to answer.

Seton Hill University Reviews by Location